PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making Spell-Like Abilities (or, "Removing Spell Slot Costs")

JET73L
2015-03-21, 05:42 PM
I could have sworn that a 3.5 feat (epic? Draconic? Class-specific?) allowed a player to metamagic a single spell that they know into a spell-like ability. It's frustrating because I've been reading a lot of different things today (Draconomicon, excerpts from the Epic-Level Handbook, stuff about Rainbow Servants, and about fifty pages on the D&D wiki after I forgot where I read it), and none of the things I've checked actually HAVE that feat. However, it's more than frustrating, it's inconvenient, because I was going to use the whatever-it-was to cast Goodberry or Create Food and Water fifty times per meal to feed a dragon PC. (I figured out a workaround involving Polymorph Any Object and the corpses of Tiny or Small animals, but that's just one option and it has the drawback of making my boyfriend uncomfortable. I'd also LOVE to use that to make Scholar's Touch into a spell-like ability/cantrip/whatever, if something that broken would even be allowed outside of a crack game.)

I already know about the spell-like ability Reserve feats in Complete Mage, and they're specific abilities. They don't permanently sacrifice a higher-level spell-slot (or whatever) to gain free casting of a spell. Any ideas where I might have read it, or of any similar class features, feats, etc.?

Troacctid
2015-03-21, 05:45 PM
Innate Spell, from Complete Arcane.

JET73L
2015-03-21, 05:58 PM
THANK YOU! I was looking in the wrong Complete [Spellcaster]! *cheers*