PDA

View Full Version : how do you think a 4e seeker would best be represented in 5e

Rfkannen
2015-03-21, 06:14 PM
So it is my personal theroy that all the 4e main classes will be represented, either as subclasses or whole classes (like wardens already are, runepriests could be a cleric domain, all those)

but I was not sure on how they could do seeker best

I mean personally it seems to be obvisuly a subclass of ranger, yet i picture a seeker as a full caster not a 1/2 caster

and I can't even begin to think up how a more spellcasty ranger subtype would work.

Yet haveing it's own class seems stupid. It would just be a more spellcasty ranger.

So what do you think? Will we get a seeker? How would you do it? How do you think wotc will do it? would would be the best and most satifying way to seeker fans?

I want to note I have never played with a seeker and don't relay understand the class.

WickerNipple
2015-03-21, 07:28 PM
Valor Bard

Madfellow
2015-03-21, 08:49 PM
Depends. Which one is the seeker? It sounds like a primal class.

Rfkannen
2015-03-21, 08:54 PM
Depends. Which one is the seeker? It sounds like a primal class.

OKay so you know how 4e ranger didn't have magic? they took all that magic and made it a new class. They used bows that they enchanted with primal spirits. Bows and thrown weapons.

Tvtyrant
2015-03-21, 09:03 PM
A Druid archer. Grab a level of Barbarian for con to ac and shoot while casting.

Madfellow
2015-03-21, 09:17 PM
OKay so you know how 4e ranger didn't have magic? they took all that magic and made it a new class. They used bows that they enchanted with primal spirits. Bows and thrown weapons.

Ah, okay. Actually, that sounds just like the ranger as it currently exists in the 5e PHB. I know for a fact that it has spells that can enchant its weapons with magical effects. Like at level 1 there's one that causes thorns to sprout up wherever your arrow lands. So I'm not sure they'd need a separate class or subclass for it.

Rfkannen
2015-03-21, 09:36 PM
Ah, okay. Actually, that sounds just like the ranger as it currently exists in the 5e PHB. I know for a fact that it has spells that can enchant its weapons with magical effects. Like at level 1 there's one that causes thorns to sprout up wherever your arrow lands. So I'm not sure they'd need a separate class or subclass for it.

yeah bassicaly. exept EVERYTHING they did was enchanted by magic. So I see it exactly a ranger, but with a couple more spells. Like A new subclass with more spells. Not sure how you would do it.

Madfellow
2015-03-21, 10:38 PM
Well, other classes have subclasses that grant additional spells at regular intervals. Making something similar for the ranger would be easy, I should think.

TheDeadlyShoe
2015-03-21, 10:40 PM
yeah bassicaly. exept EVERYTHING they did was enchanted by magic. So I see it exactly a ranger, but with a couple more spells. Like A new subclass with more spells. Not sure how you would do it.

Magic tent stakes.

Magic bacon.

Magic stirrups.

Madfellow
2015-03-21, 11:06 PM
Magic bacon.

Wouldn't that be redundant though?

Forrestfire
2015-03-22, 09:15 PM

So why not use a ranger, and fluff the character's basic abilities as being enhanced by magic? End result is that with his "magic", he's on par with someone who spent some amount of effort and time learning to do it without the magic, or something.