PDA

View Full Version : Marbles

Shnigda
2015-03-22, 02:57 AM
Hey guys, I have been advised that marbles are a good way of denying dex to AC so that I can do sneak attack damage. However, I have a question about their usage.
Once placed down on the floor, I know that marbles can affect anyone without 5 ranks of balance.
However, once they have affected a creature and the creature then moves away successfully, do the marbles stay in the area, ready to affect the next creature to enter the area? Or are the marbles scattered away, unable to do anything until they are re-spread?

sideswipe
2015-03-22, 06:34 AM
gotta love when its not mentioned haven't you. i would say that it is an effected area for that combat if you are using a battle grid. since my groups don't it can be very difficult to keep track of.

Zaq
2015-03-22, 12:49 PM
Yeah, you pretty much have to ask your GM about that one, since the rules don't actually say.

It's a lot easier to keep track of if they don't move anywhere, but that triggers some people's realism reflex. But the rules don't specify either way.

awa
2015-03-22, 11:24 PM
i had a pc who used marbles, he tumbled through their square dropped them as a free action while in their square and then shot them while they were flat footed.

Flickerdart
2015-03-22, 11:32 PM
I'd say that the marbles stay in the square for sure if the enemy never slips and falls (since nothing would be flinging them away). If they do slip and fall, there are now gaps in the marble coverage, so a careful person can step there and be fine, effectively turning the square into difficult terrain.

atemu1234
2015-03-23, 07:36 AM
I'd say that the marbles stay in the square for sure if the enemy never slips and falls (since nothing would be flinging them away). If they do slip and fall, there are now gaps in the marble coverage, so a careful person can step there and be fine, effectively turning the square into difficult terrain.

From someone who played marbles with a four-year-old, I can vouch for this.