PDA

View Full Version : Improved Healthful Rest

Max Caysey
2015-03-22, 12:51 PM
At what level would it be ok, to have a version of Healthful Rest give Quadruple effect? I have a cleric wich is all about HOT-ups... Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks

GilesTheCleric
2015-03-22, 01:41 PM
Since characters gain hp = #HD and 1 point of ability score heal (iirc), per long rest, Healthful Rest already scales with level. There's a few magic items that improve resting regen, and I think that characters under care from the heal skill also regen faster.

If you mean for it to also scale with con improvements, then looking at some of the brew from this forum that describe rates of ability point gains vs lvl might be helpful. Googling for something like "stat gains without WBL" or "WBL replacement" might find it. Alternatively, you could look at something like Vow of Poverty's ability score gains, or else the 1-per-4-levels gain built in to the system and model increases based on one of those.

If this is a houserule situation, then handwaving the situation and saying that characters instead heal to 1/4, 1/2 or to full after a full rest with the spell up might be easier. If you/ a PC is doing this, then there's many other, better methods of gaining fast healing. Skin of the Troll, Persisted Elysian Thrush, or Black Sand come to mind. A custom magic item of persisted mass/lesser vigour would also work; I don't know how the price of that would compare to the skin. Other things such as a demiplane with faster time, a minor-positive sphere of concordance/trip to the positive plane would also do the trick.