PDA

View Full Version : Marshal Mini Handbook

Barbarian Horde
2015-03-23, 12:13 AM
Three levels of marshal
Using a bard with 30 charisma at the moment.
18base
2from levels
6 from mantle
4from tome

+10 Charisma Modifier

After reading the text am I correct to assume that I am able to add that +10 to any of the auras for my team? Both the major and minor aura

Sir Chuckles
2015-03-23, 12:34 AM
No and yes.

Minor Auras key off your Charisma modifier, so your +10 would be used for them. Major Auras have a static bonus based on your Marshal level, as displayed o the progression table. As a third level Marshal, your Major Auras are giving a +1.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-23, 01:41 AM
The benefit of the class is that you get quite a few minor aura's (scale off of cha) and a very slow progression major aura (scale off of class level)

Most players dip into this class with a high CHA score just to pick up a nice aura to boost whatever they are focusing on, but dont go past that point.

atemu1234
2015-03-23, 07:10 AM
The benefit of the class is that you get quite a few minor aura's (scale off of cha) and a very slow progression major aura (scale off of class level)

Most players dip into this class with a high CHA score just to pick up a nice aura to boost whatever they are focusing on, but dont go past that point.

Yep, it's a dipping class.

Hiro Quester
2015-03-23, 08:09 AM
Yes, a one level dip can get you a good benefit for your team.

The one most people find generally useful is Motivate Dexterity: everyone gets your +10 to initiative checks. You all go first.

However your bard will lose a level of music progression and casting, etc. That's a big price to pay.

I was in a similar position with my previous bard/sublime chord character (with +15 to Cha; the gods grated all the players in our party a few divine bonuses). I both wanted the level of Marshall, and didn't want to lose a caster level. I principally wanted the Marshall aura to enable my party's wizard, cleric druid and myself to be better at penetrating spell resistance, though motivating dexterity (and this initiative) was pointed out to me as possibly more generally useful.

Here is the conversation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?358089-Please-talk-me-out-of-taking-a-level-of-marshall) in which the Playground talked me out of dipping a level of Marshall.