PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4E: "Three Little Pigs" with Creed IC Thread

Creed
2015-03-23, 12:26 PM
“The Golden Greave”, Day One, 14:00 Local Time (0 hours since last meal, 4 hours since last rest)

You arrive at the Golden Greave early in the afternoon. Situated in one of the higher-income areas of the City of Splendors, you get more than a few looks of barely-concealed curiosity as you enter the lobby of the large, 4 story, stone building. The foyer is a 45 feet back from the wooden double doors, and 45 feet wide as well. To your left is a flight of stairs that ascends to the upper floors, while on the right is a sturdy looking door with iron banding that has a small, brass sign on it that says in a simple, inlaid font “EMPLOYEES ONLY”. The ceilings are 15 feet tall, and the back half of the room is separated from the front by a 6 foot tall privacy screen, with a gap in the partition behind the desk in the center of the room revealing a small restaurant that is nearly empty at this time of day.

The man behind the desk is nearly 60 years old, his body bent over by time, though you can imagine that he cut a fairly impressive figure in his youth. His hair is sparse and grey, and a short, well-trimmed beard adorns his lightly tanned skin. He wears an expensive looking grey jacket, though, as he steps out from behind the desk to greet you, you can see from his scuffed black shoes, roughly cut brown pants, and shabby tan shirt that the coat, as expensive as it may seem, is mainly to distract the eye from his otherwise frugal apparel.

As you approach, the man, who quickly introduces himself as your benefactor, Hilather Urthadar, ushers you to the right and into the room labeled “EMPLOYEES ONLY”, leaving you there as he waits to receive the rest of the adventurers. This room is 30 feet wide and 45 feet long, with a 10 foot wide and 20 foot long table in the center, made of birch and engraved with dozens of intricate knot designs. In the center of the table, on a wide silver platter, is a decanter of wine and 7 silver goblets, and you can see four casks of some beverage lined against the wall to your right on stands, with a tray of empty flagons sitting on a small side table next to them. Also on the table is a wooden cutting board with a loaf of rough bread upon it, cut into thick slices, and two bowls of what appear to be olive oil and butter, respectively, with serving spoons in each.

With a cursory glance around the room, you notice that one of the mugs by the casks has flecks of moisture around the rim, as if it has already been used and was put back without taking the proper time to clean and dry it off.

Sol
2015-03-23, 01:07 PM
Aodan Greensleeves (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=121981) Wood Elf Ranger|Seeker

Glancing warily at the flagons, Aodan carefully selects a goblet and pours himself a glass of wine from the decanter, and prepares a slice of bread with copious amounts of butter, pocketing a second slice for later.

It's a shame what humans do to majestic trees such as this, but at least some of the beauty was preserved.

After briefly considering attempting to restore life to the table, Aodan shakes his head sadly and sits on the opposite side of the table such that he can see the door clearly, and takes a cautious sip.

So, how bad is the wine?

Ramsus
2015-03-23, 01:33 PM
Laughing Spider enters the room, walks a full circle around Aodan, and then walks over to the table where she picks up one of the goblets and puts it back down upside-down. Then she goes and sits atop one of the barrels.

Rakaydos
2015-03-23, 02:07 PM
Razak ducks through the doorway, spying the casks against the wall. Reacing for one of the mugs, he smells it suspicusy.

(attempring to identify the former contents and/or last drinker. +5 from Gnoll Tracker)

Necroticplague
2015-03-23, 02:13 PM
Merca remains businesslike as she strides into the room. She looks around relatively calmly, eyeing the others who were apparently selected. She's relativel quick to help herself to a drink of the wine and a slice of bread, dipped heavily into the olive oil. Rough bread, but still an improvement off of her normal fare.

demidracolich
2015-03-23, 02:18 PM
Drazen walks into the room, looks around and sits down at the table. He takes a goblet, fills it with wine, and takes a slice of bread setting both in front of him without drinking from the goblet or eating the bread..

Creed
2015-03-23, 03:13 PM
Aodan Greensleeves (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=121981) Wood Elf Ranger|Seeker

Glancing warily at the flagons, Aodan carefully selects a goblet and pours himself a glass of wine from the decanter, and prepares a slice of bread with copious amounts of butter, pocketing a second slice for later.

It's a shame what humans do to majestic trees such as this, but at least some of the beauty was preserved.

After briefly considering attempting to restore life to the table, Aodan shakes his head sadly and sits on the opposite side of the table such that he can see the door clearly, and takes a cautious sip.

So, how bad is the wine?

The wine and bread strikes you as a pairing designed by someone who has no idea how to pair or pick wines, but is trying very hard to impress guests. The wine is fine, though probably not up to your Sylvan standards.

Razak ducks through the doorway, spying the casks against the wall. Reacing for one of the mugs, he smells it suspicusy.

(attempring to identify the former contents and/or last drinker. +5 from Gnoll Tracker)

You easily identify that the liquid is the beer that is inside of the nearby casks, but gather no information as to the drinker.

Rakaydos
2015-03-23, 07:28 PM
The hyenaman wrinkles his nose and puts the mug back. He waited for the presentation to begin.

Sol
2015-03-23, 08:22 PM

Finishing his first goblet, Aodan shrugs a bit and pours another. He fetches another two slices of bread, spreading another heap butter on one of them. After a moment of consideration, he pockets the buttered slice this time, then returns to his seat.

Creed
2015-03-24, 01:29 AM
“The Golden Greave”, Day One, 14:30 Local Time (0-0.5 hours since last meal, 4.5 hours since last rest)

Shortly after the majority of you arrive, Hilather looks up at the door, shrugs, and steps into the meeting room. Most of you can notice that he has a pretty bad limp, but it looks as if it is a long-standing injury as opposed to a harm recently inflicted.

"The orc will show up when the orc shows up, the Gods know he probably ran into some trouble on the way," the man mutters, as he walks to the head of the table, gingerly reaching past Aodan to acquire a goblet and fill it with the wine.

"I'm sorry for the meager refreshments, please, if there's anything else you'd like, just ask, I can have our chef prepare it. He's Thayan, but, well, he cooks well at least," he says, gesturing to the wine, bread platter, and beers before taking a seat at the head of the table, in a position farthest from the door to this room.

Ramsus
2015-03-24, 02:08 AM
Laughing Spider tilts her head to one side and says, "He's sayin' he cooks wells? That's odd." and then gives a childish giggle.

Rakaydos
2015-03-24, 08:54 AM
Razak raised a hand. "Meat, not grass. No can eat grass."

Azktor
2015-03-25, 04:51 PM
Azktor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=594376), Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor enter the place marching fallowed by a black fey dog with red eyes (almost like a wolf), whitout asking for forgivines for being late or anything he says rarshly "My name is Azktor, not 'the Orc'. But let's start with this meeting."

Intimidate roll [roll0] it is a roll with no reason in particular, just to cause a first impression.

Ramsus
2015-03-25, 06:55 PM
"Greetings Azktor Not-the-Orc." Laughing Spider says in a completely monotone voice.

demidracolich
2015-03-25, 07:05 PM
"Now that we are all here, mister Urthadar. Would you kindly inform us why you have gathered us here?", Drazen says while ignoring the talk going on around him.

Creed
2015-03-25, 10:16 PM
“The Golden Greave”, Day One, 14:30 Local Time (0-0.5 hours since last meal, 4.5 hours since last rest)

Urthadar looks slightly taken aback as Azktor enters, "Didn't mean to offend, of course," he says sheepishly, before stepping back out in the lobby and calling for the chef to bring meat for the guests.

He then steps back into the room, returning to the head of the table.

"I've asked you all here because I've put off a task for far too long. I need you to help me locate my children. There are three of them, an elder son and twin siblings, a boy and a girl. I saw them last nearly ten years ago, they set out as adventurers, like yourselves, but I fear that they may have perished on their journeys. I feel that now, as I grow older, I need to find them, or at least find proof that they no longer live. It is my uncertainty about their whereabouts that scares me the most," Hilather says, standing and pacing as he continues, "If you agree to seek them out, it will be no easy task. I can guarantee danger of the highest caliber, and rewards to match, for I know into what pit they delved, and I fear that, should I tell you, some of you will not agree to descend after them."

Ramsus
2015-03-25, 11:22 PM
Laughing Spider hops off the barrel, walks over to Urthadar, and embraces him. "I will help you find your pups. I know my parents would want to find me if I were lost who knows where." she says, not processing the fact that she is in that same position as far as her parents know.

Sol
2015-03-26, 10:50 AM

It takes a moment before anyone notices that Aodan is standing on top of his chair, bow drawn, a pair of arrows aiming at the newcomer's head.

Aodan looks apprehensively at the large Orc-kin for a moment before speaking to Urthadar. "I wonder, were you aware of my people's debt to your son, or was my invitation merely coincidental? Still, I will honor it. Any...orc-slayer...who finds himself in trouble need only ask, and the Or-tel-quessir will come. If he has moved on from this life, Tearuli should be returned to my people, or given to another worthy host. As to your twins, my people understand all too well how the passing of time can heighten desire to seek out what has been lost."

"If you expect me to work with this one," he indicates Azktor, and sighs, lowering his bow. "Very well. He doesn't scare me, nor is he to blame for the crimes of his ancestors. All my people have ever wanted was an end to the bloodshed; it is not my place to continue it."

He gracefully descends from his perch, downs his goblet of wine, and only then do you notice that his bow is neatly stowed on his back and the arrows are nowhere to be seen. After refilling his goblet, he returns his gaze to Hilather.

"You say you are both uncertain of their whereabouts and know where they went. Elaborate."

demidracolich
2015-03-26, 11:49 AM
"I can understand your feelings. Though I did not part from my family on exactly the fondest of terms, sometimes I still think of going back. I too would like to hear more about the place and what dangers it may contain", Drazen nods after hearing Hilather speak.

Creed
2015-03-26, 08:45 PM

Laughing Spider hops off the barrel, walks over to Urthadar, and embraces him. "I will help you find your pups. I know my parents would want to find me if I were lost who knows where." she says, not processing the fact that she is in that same position as far as her parents know.

Urthadar pauses for a moment, then gives Laughing Spider an uncomfortable pat on the head.

"You don't yet know where you must go, you may change your mind," he says, trying his best to free you from obligation.

It takes a moment before anyone notices that Aodan is standing on top of his chair, bow drawn, a pair of arrows aiming at the newcomer's head.

Aodan looks apprehensively at the large Orc-kin for a moment before speaking to Urthadar. "I wonder, were you aware of my people's debt to your son, or was my invitation merely coincidental? Still, I will honor it. Any...orc-slayer...who finds himself in trouble need only ask, and the Or-tel-quessir will come. If he has moved on from this life, Tearuli should be returned to my people, or given to another worthy host. As to your twins, my people understand all too well how the passing of time can heighten desire to seek out what has been lost."

"If you expect me to work with this one," he indicates Azktor, and sighs, lowering his bow. "Very well. He doesn't scare me, nor is he to blame for the crimes of his ancestors. All my people have ever wanted was an end to the bloodshed; it is not my place to continue it."

He gracefully descends from his perch, downs his goblet of wine, and only then do you notice that his bow is neatly stowed on his back and the arrows are nowhere to be seen. After refilling his goblet, he returns his gaze to Hilather.

"You say you are both uncertain of their whereabouts and know where they went. Elaborate."

"Yes, since my son took the Emerald Blade with him when he left, I had thought it best that at least one of the elves who gave it to him be asked to join the expedition to find him, or, if he is dead, proof of his death," the man says, gesturing to Aodan.

He pauses for a moment to extricate himself from Laughing Spider's embrace, and then continues.

"I know where my children left to, but not where within it they, or their bodies, can be found. You see, ten years ago, my children and several other adventurers left into Undermountain."

The word hangs in the air for a moment like a specter: Undermountain. Nearly all adventurers have at least heard of the massive dungeon that sprawls for miles beneath Waterdeep, ancient mithral mines commandeered by the Mad Wizard Halaster Blackcloak in a bygone age. Those of you who have swapped stories at taverns around the realms have, on one occasion or another, met with a grizzled veteran of some failed expedition to the place, his companions replaced with nightmares and a weighty purse of gold. Undermountain is where legends are made, fortunes are found, and glory is won, but it is also where one walks with Death.

Hilather clears his throat.

"I understand if you do not wish to embark on such a... dangerous journey," he says, setting down his goblet, "I can only ask that you aid me, I haven't the means to force you to."

Ramsus
2015-03-26, 09:19 PM
Laughing Spider, having no idea where that is but thinking that traveling under a mountain rather than around or over it sounds like a novel thing to do, says, "Ok. Sounds interesting."

Rakaydos
2015-03-26, 10:45 PM
"Never been to undermountian..." growled Razak.

Sol
2015-03-27, 11:13 AM

"Undermountain, you say? It has been long since I've travelled out of the lunar lady's sight, but I trust the earthmother to protect me. Aelinthaldaar's secrets may yet persist beneath the surface of Waterdeep. I will go."

He turns to the others. "If we are to venture to such a dangerous place, we must trust each other, and understand each other's skillsets."

"I am Aodan of Illefarn, which you know as Ardeep. My skill with a bow is nothing special among the Or-tel-quessir, but is enough to prove useful on this expedition. What do each of you bring to the table?" He appears completely unaware of the pun, and pulls the slice of buttered bread he prepared earlier out of a pocket in his cloak, taking a bite.

Ramsus
2015-03-27, 02:45 PM
"Our deep? Whose? Well not mine I guess. You are aware you're taking things from the table Ow-Dan?" Laughing Spider says and gives a snicker that sounds kind of like "hiik hiik hiist". "To answer your question Ow-Dan I am... uh. I do. Hmmmnnn?" Laughing Spider trails off, thinking about this as she's never had to put her abilities into words before.

Having an idea, she smacks a fist into the palm of her other (main) hand and leaps over to one of the walls, holding onto no handholds of any kind for a moment, then does a backflip off and spins her staff through the air as if against unseen foes, rolls as she hits the ground, and circles the table while throwing a series of quick jabs and kicks at a few of the items of the table knocking them into the air and then catching them on her staff and slides them back onto the table.

When she's done she then clears a space on the table and pulls the bag off her back and puts it down. She pulls a basket out and says, "I think this is linked to the Elemental Plane of Food. I've had it for a while and it never runs out. Probably good if we're going under a mountain yeah?" She then puts it back and puts a finger to where you'd suppose her lips would be under the mask and thinks if there's anything else to mention. "Ah." she says, remembering the bag itself. "This is a bag of.. whatsitcalledagain? Carrying? Handling? Anyway, it always weighs the same no matter what you put in."

Rakaydos
2015-03-27, 03:49 PM
Razak the Bloodscarred grinned, shrugging his shield and battleax off his shoulders and looking down at the others. "Razak fight. Very. Well. Strike, shield, win. Good helping pack shield."

Necroticplague
2015-03-27, 04:20 PM
Merca stands up when the time to talk about their abilities comes up. "Well, I'm Merca. To start, I'm not as human as I look.". With a quick blur of motion, the women is replaced with a feral-appearing wolf. After a few coarse exhalations, it goes back to being a woman. "And I know my choice of weapon is a bit unusual." the woman states, pulling out a circle with two blades, attached by a length of chain. "Helps me with my hit-and-run. Like to stay quiet while I can. Learned staying mobile meant staying alive."

Creed
2015-03-28, 10:50 PM
Urthadar looks at the group with some confusion,

"So does this mean you'll do it? You will find my children? None of you are... afraid?"

Rakaydos
2015-03-29, 07:31 PM
Urthadar looks at the group with some confusion,

"So does this mean you'll do it? You will find my children? None of you are... afraid?"

The gnoll looked around at the others. "Razak never been to undermountian," he repeated. "What to fear? What rule?"

Necroticplague
2015-03-29, 07:36 PM
"Respectfully, sir, if me being afraid of dying ever got in my way of doing something, I would have learned how to farm years ago. Instead, I learned how to sneak, steal, and fight."

Sol
2015-03-30, 02:16 PM

Aodan shrugs. "Life is filled with fear. Mothers everywhere tell their children that to move past small fears, one must confront them. Why not confront this one, as well? Danger can lurk anywhere. At least we know we're venturing into danger, heading down below."

demidracolich
2015-03-30, 07:25 PM
"Curiosity's always gotten the better of me and I'm not dead yet. I'm more interested in seeing the fabled undermountain than fearful." Drazen says with a smile.

Creed
2015-03-30, 08:19 PM
Urthadar grins slightly and shakes his head at all of you,

"You are truly great warriors to feel so little when faced with such a challenge. I now have no doubt that you will accomplish this task, Gods be praised!" he says loudly.

Ramsus
2015-03-30, 09:34 PM
"Why? What'd they do?" Laughing Spider asks, clearly confused.

Azktor
2015-03-31, 07:34 PM
Azktor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=594376), Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor keeps himself quiet for some time, just listening to what the man has to say, when asks if someone is afraid Azktor laughs sarcastically in response saying "I can see you do not know the Paladins of my order well. We are forged in battle and by battle, we don't fear anything, not even death. This makes me wonder if you really knows were he is, or if that was just a bluff to bring me so I can help your kids." Azktor sends an inquisitive look toward the man and then says brutally "If you keep your word and help me find him, I will destroy whoever or whatever is in the way to save yours childrens."

Azktor waits for his answer and then says to his new 'companions' "My name is Azktor, also know as the Black Blade. I am a Paladin of Tempus, I'm proficient on killing anything with the help of my two companions, Zau'Nix" He points at the black wolf-like fey dog that stares in response "And this Sword." he quickly unsheats a black fullblade.

Creed
2015-04-01, 05:18 PM
The gnoll looked around at the others. "Razak never been to undermountian," he repeated. "What to fear? What rule?"

As Urthadar turns to answer Razak's question, a Thayan man opens the door carrying a silver tray with several rare steaks on a bed of greens. He takes one look at the assembled party and sits the tray gingerly down on the nearest open space on the table before dashing away, the door shutting behind him.

"Undermountain," Urthadar continues, "is a massive complex beneath the city, ruled by a mad wizard who has been content to command his subterranean realms for many years now. However, adventurers from all walks of life often enter the place to seek out riches and glories, usually through a tavern called 'The Yawning Portal' in the Castle District, which has what many considers to be the primary entrance to the dungeon beneath it."

"Why? What'd they do?" Laughing Spider asks, clearly confused.

Urthadar turns to Laughing Spider and smiles, "They led me to you, of course! Some of you I have met before, or had an idea of where to find, but for others I needed to enlist the help of the Gods to find adventurers powerful enough to take up this task!"

Ramsus
2015-04-01, 06:15 PM
At this Laughing Spider looks straight up, her face a literal and figurative mask covering her expression, extends her thumb and pinkie finger on each hand with the other fingers folded closed (it's not quite "the horns"), points the pinkies at her eyes and the thumbs at... well you have no idea, maybe nothing at all, as her hood covers whatever would be under there, and turns both hands around also in the direction of the sky. ((In other words she just did "I got my eyes on you too" at the Gods. Which would probably be a lot more meaningful if she knew who any of them were.))

Rakaydos
2015-04-01, 06:46 PM
Razak is distracted by the arrival of the meats tray, but nods as the man explains undermountian. "Wizard not angry with packs invading domain? Packs return with gold? just stories?"

Creed
2015-04-03, 02:13 PM
Razak is distracted by the arrival of the meats tray, but nods as the man explains undermountian. "Wizard not angry with packs invading domain? Packs return with gold? just stories?"

"No one really knows why the wizard lets adventurers come and go," Urthadar says, "Some don't think he's even alive any more."

EDIT:

Urthadar turns to Azktor, "You can trust my word, friend, but if you feel you cannot, then I have no way to dissuade you from finding your enemy yourself. Giving you the knowledge you seek before you accomplish the task I request of you would be a poor business move, and I pride myself as a good businessman."

Rakaydos
2015-04-04, 03:13 PM
The gnoll warrior stood, looking at the others with a hyena grin. "Razak ready. Pack go now?"

Creed
2015-04-05, 06:38 PM
The Well Room, Day One, 16:00 Local Time (2 hours since last meal, 6 hours since last rest)

You are lowered into the darkness on an oaken raft, shored up with iron bindings. The chains attached to the corners of the platform clink and clank as the laborers in the Yawning Portal, now almost 50 feet above you, struggle to lower you at an even pace. You descend for what seems like miles, the flickering firelight and sounds of merriment from the tavern above being slowly replaced by a shroud of darkness and a low hum.

Finally, you feel the platform reach ground, and sink into the loose sand that covers the floor of this room. From whatever light sources, or darkvision, you have, you can see this room is 40 feet by 40 feet, with loose white sand coating the entire floor. A chain dangles from the hole in the ceiling from which you descended, you are to pull it when you are all off the platform, which will cause the platform to be raised, and to pull it again when you wish to ascend the shaft to the Yawning Portal. The platform is kept near the top of the shaft when not in use, so this is not a rapid escape route.

A pile of discarded equipment, long unusable by decay and clearly picked over by scavengers, sits in the north-east corner of the room, forming a mound nearly 5 feet tall leaning up against the wall and covered in dust.

In the north-west corner of the room, there is a pile of masonry, as if the wall has collapsed, and you can see a hallway beyond through a gap in the wall that is 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

In the south-east corner of the room, there is a 20 foot wide archway, which leads into a hallway that immediately turns south. At the edge of the archway, the sand on the floor stops, transitioning to the familiar masonry the walls in this part of the dungeon are made of.

Ramsus
2015-04-05, 09:22 PM
Laughing Spider points at the gap in the wall to the north-west.

Rakaydos
2015-04-05, 09:46 PM
Drawing his ax, Razak rested it casually on his armored shoulder as he strided over to the gap, standing to one side as he glanced inside.
[roll0]

Sol
2015-04-05, 10:56 PM

Aodan studies the room with intent, perking his ears as well. It has been long since the fair-skinned elves have delved below the surface, but perhaps there are still secrets of Illefarn within these halls.

The truth is that Aodan would have accepted any job, at any payment. The secrets of Ardeep must be kept hidden, and that meant abandoning his home, everything he knew. It may yet mean abandoning the world of the living, as so many generations of his kind have done before. But if he can find purpose, and new allies, perhaps he can safeguard the knowledge he holds merely by adventuring. Perhaps he can uncover more knowledge, and restore it to his people. Failing that, he will carry it to his grave, wherever that may be.

Perception roll [roll0], just looking around the room, not into the hallways, though of course this includes listening carefully.

Creed
2015-04-06, 09:58 AM
Drawing his ax, Razak rested it casually on his armored shoulder as he strided over to the gap, standing to one side as he glanced inside.
[roll0]

The hallway on the other side of the gap extends 20 feet north, then turns to the west. On the left side of the hallway, about ten feet forward, there is a large barrel propped up on its end, with water slipping at a steady pace through a crack in the ceiling and into the barrel.

Aodan studies the room with intent, perking his ears as well. It has been long since the fair-skinned elves have delved below the surface, but perhaps there are still secrets of Illefarn within these halls.

The truth is that Aodan would have accepted any job, at any payment. The secrets of Ardeep must be kept hidden, and that meant abandoning his home, everything he knew. It may yet mean abandoning the world of the living, as so many generations of his kind have done before. But if he can find purpose, and new allies, perhaps he can safeguard the knowledge he holds merely by adventuring. Perhaps he can uncover more knowledge, and restore it to his people. Failing that, he will carry it to his grave, wherever that may be.

Perception roll [roll0], just looking around the room, not into the hallways, though of course this includes listening carefully.

You can hear the dripping of water onto wood and metal through the gap in the north-west corner. Looking towards the archway, you can see a large rat, about the length of your boot, scamper away down the hallway on the other side. Finally, in the south-east corner, you see words written in the sand by what looks like the end of a staff: NO MIRRORS

Sol
2015-04-07, 09:58 AM

Pointing at the writing in the sand, Aodan ponders aloud, "Did anyone bring a mirror? I didn't even think of that." He shrugs.

"Right then, which way? The door or the hole?"

After everyone is off of the lift, he pulls the chain, as instructed.

Necroticplague
2015-04-07, 10:10 AM
"Now here's the main question: are those words an instruction/threat (don't bring any mirrors), or a regret (meaning we should have brought mirrors). I certainly didn't bring any. As for the way forward, I vote for going through the hole in the wall. Seems like the kinda thing that would be a shortcut."

demidracolich
2015-04-07, 07:41 PM
"Hmm, allow me to take a further look at this chamber.", Drazen says as he begins to scrutinize the walls and the archway.
Dungeoneering Check to notice if there anything strange with the stone work etc around the room: [roll0]
edit: wow that natural one :smallsigh:

Creed
2015-04-08, 11:16 AM
"Hmm, allow me to take a further look at this chamber.", Drazen says as he begins to scrutinize the walls and the archway.
Dungeoneering Check to notice if there anything strange with the stone work etc around the room: [roll0]
edit: wow that natural one :smallsigh:

Since you rolled a 1, why don't you give me a History check to support your Dungeoneering check, to see if you can use historical reference to refresh your memory of architecture.

demidracolich
2015-04-08, 09:06 PM
Sure History Check: [roll0]
Wow a 2 lol.

Creed
2015-04-09, 11:00 AM
Sure History Check: [roll0]
Wow a 2 lol.

You recall that parts of Undermountain were originally the mines of a dwarf clan, which reminds you where you've seen this architecture before. The archway, and the hallway beyond, looks dwarven in craft.

Rakaydos
2015-04-09, 08:49 PM
Razak moved up to the barrel of water through the hole in the wall, smelling it for contamination.

Necroticplague
2015-04-09, 08:58 PM
The woman becomes a wolf as she goes to walk a short way down the hall, peering around the next corner as her other somewhat canine friend is smelling water.

Perception:[roll0]

Creed
2015-04-10, 11:13 AM
Razak moved up to the barrel of water through the hole in the wall, smelling it for contamination.

It doesn't take much for you to see that this is sewer water. However, the barrel is only about 1/4 full, so this barrel hasn't been filling with water for long.

The woman becomes a wolf as she goes to walk a short way down the hall, peering around the next corner as her other somewhat canine friend is smelling water.

Perception:[roll0]

The next hallway is 60 feet long, with a hallway turning right after 20 feet and another hallway turning right at the end of the hallway. Cracks run across the walls and ceiling, and the occasional droplet of water falls from the ceiling in this hallway.

Ramsus
2015-04-10, 12:52 PM
Laughing Spider proceeds down the hallway, thinking that the group has agreed with her choice as nobody said anything and the wolf went ahead.

demidracolich
2015-04-10, 08:02 PM
"Well this architecture seems dwarven in nature so its likely structurally sound, I see no problem with going this way." Drazen says while follwing after the others.

Rakaydos
2015-04-11, 12:40 AM
The next hallway is 60 feet long, with a hallway turning right after 20 feet and another hallway turning right at the end of the hallway. Cracks run across the walls and ceiling, and the occasional droplet of water falls from the ceiling in this hallway.

Leapfrogging past the werewolf, the hyenaman investigates the next corner...

Creed
2015-04-11, 09:01 AM
Leapfrogging past the werewolf, the hyenaman investigates the next corner...

The hallway continues 30 feet before turning right. 20 feet down the hallway, there is a wooden door banded with iron on the left, closed. Water still drips from the ceiling here.

Rakaydos
2015-04-11, 11:31 AM
"Door", Razak growled quietly back to his companions, holding at the intersection for the rest of the group to catch up.

Ramsus
2015-04-12, 01:31 PM
((Ok since nobody else seems to want to....))

Laughing Spider walks up and puts her head against the door to see if she can hear anything aside from door.

[roll0]

Creed
2015-04-12, 01:44 PM
((Ok since nobody else seems to want to....))

Laughing Spider walks up and puts her head against the door to see if she can hear anything aside from door.

[roll0]

You can't hear anything from the other side of the door, but, over the sound of dripping water, you can hear a soft bubbling from around the corner at the north end of this hallway.

Ramsus
2015-04-12, 06:34 PM
Laughing Spider turns back to the others and shrugs and says, "I didn't hear anything aside from some water noise over that way." and she points to the north end of the hallway.

Sol
2015-04-12, 07:45 PM

Slinking in the shadows, Aodan follows the rest of the party down the hallway, keeping his ears alert, in case there's anything else moving nearby.

Stealth to move quietly, [roll0]
and perception [roll1]

Creed
2015-04-12, 09:56 PM

Slinking in the shadows, Aodan follows the rest of the party down the hallway, keeping his ears alert, in case there's anything else moving nearby.

Stealth to move quietly, [roll0]
and perception [roll1]

Over the dripping of water from the ceiling, you can also hear the bubbling around the corner to the north as you quietly walk down the hall.

Vesth
2015-04-12, 11:28 PM
During the entire discussion and up to this point, the dwarf had been silent. He looked like any another typical dwarf, short of stature but strong of muscle, up to and including a worn chain shirt that smelt of sweat and damp earth.

But unlike any other dwarf, he carried a wooden staff the length of his body. His beard was unkempt (not uncommon), and of a muted grey (relatively uncommon). In fact, as a whole, he seemed muted somehow. His skin tone was slightly darker, his eyes dull and without mirth.

The thing that stood out though, was not the dwarf himself. It was a formless specter, a translucent thing of shadowstuff that wore a white mask of bone which stood near the dwarf at all times. The bottom half faded into nothingness, so there was no way to see how it moved, but moved it did. It did not speak, but instead stared out of empty eyeholes in the mask.

The dwarf looked startled.

"Sorry," he said. His voice was deep and gruff, with traces of a dwarvish accent. Strangely enough, ghostly echoes trailed behind each word he said, too quiet to be made out. "I forgot that ye cannot hear my thoughts. Should we open the door? Ye said ye cannot hear a soul inside, correct?"

Ramsus
2015-04-13, 01:06 AM
Laughing Spider whirls around at the sound of the dwarf's voice and exclaims, "Whoah! Where did you come from!?" apparently having not noticed him the entire time. Before the dwarf (or anyone else) can even respond, she walks right up to the ghosty-thing and pokes it with one of her incorporeal arms and asks, "And who might you be? Have been?" and tilts her head to the side.

Vesth
2015-04-13, 01:48 AM
For a moment, the arm makes contact. The feeling is akin to touching smooth fabric. The specter violently flickers, and promptly vanishes. A few seconds later, it reappears behind her, staring at Laughing Spider with that impassive mask.

The dwarf blinks. "Ye gods laddie, what manner of creature are you? Ye look like no spirit, yet ye feel like one."

Ramsus
2015-04-13, 03:06 AM
Laughing Spider spins around, giving a quiet child-like laugh at the spirit's antics, and turns back to the dwarf (while trying to still poke at the spirit behind her) and coyly states, "A girl."

Vesth
2015-04-13, 10:47 AM
The specter gently floats backwards, stopping just out of Laughing Sister's reach.

"This lass is givin' me sass." the dwarf grumbled. Turning towards the door, he reaches to pull it open.

"My name's Harbek. The damned clerics in Baulder's Gate who throw stones at me call me Harbek the Posessed. The thing ye trying to prod, it has a name, but I ain't got the kind of tongue or vocal cords to say it. What's yours, laddie?"

Ramsus
2015-04-13, 01:17 PM
"My name in the common tongue is Laughing Spider." she says, putting extra emphasis on the italicized words. She then comments, "I thought people in damned houses weren't supposed to throw stones." and gives a little snicker.

Creed
2015-04-13, 11:55 PM
"This lass is givin' me sass." the dwarf grumbled. Turning towards the door, he reaches to pull it open.

The room on the other side is only a few feet wide and only goes a few feet back, and opening the door causes a draft of noxious odors to spill out into the hallway. Among various debris on the floor of the closet, there's a large stool with a hole cut in the seat, above a hole in the masonry about a foot in diameter that drops down into darkness. There are no other exits from this room, and a small latch on the inside of the door to keep in closed when occupied.

Rakaydos
2015-04-14, 11:01 AM
Wrinkling his nose, Razak moved toward the end of the corridor to glance around the next corner.

Creed
2015-04-14, 02:40 PM
Wrinkling his nose, Razak moved toward the end of the corridor to glance around the next corner.

(Assuming you're going farther to the north, past the toilet.)

You look around the righthand corner, and see that the hallway almost immediately turns left, to the north. On the floor in the center of the hallway, a few feet from you, is a puddle of opaque, bubbling, brown, liquid about a foot in diameter.

Ramsus
2015-04-14, 03:12 PM
Laughing Spider follows along and examines the walls, to see how they compare in cleanliness and other things to the floor.

Creed
2015-04-14, 03:37 PM
Laughing Spider follows along and examines the walls, to see how they compare in cleanliness and other things to the floor.

Do you want to roll Perception, or do you just want me to give you general information based on your passive Perception?

Ramsus
2015-04-14, 04:21 PM
Right, that didn't even occur to me for some reason.

[roll0]

Edit: Ugh, is it too late to take the passive perception option? >_<

Sol
2015-04-14, 04:49 PM

After taking a moment to utilize the facilities while they're handy, Aodan emerges from the privy and catches back up with his colleagues.

He eyes the spirit haunting Harbek warily and opens his mouth as if to speak to it, but thinks better of it, and instead casually walks a circle around Laughing Spider before peeking around the corner to the north.

He hopes the bubbling liquid is not what he just expelled down the hole, and, should it be, that that doesn't occur to anyone else. After all, that would hardly be elf-like.

Stealth to continue moving quietly, [roll0]
My passive perception is 30, but I'm happy roll if you'd like me to.

Creed
2015-04-14, 05:05 PM

After taking a moment to utilize the facilities while they're handy, Aodan emerges from the privy and catches back up with his colleagues.

He eyes the spirit haunting Harbek warily and opens his mouth as if to speak to it, but thinks better of it, and instead casually walks a circle around Laughing Spider before peeking around the corner to the north.

He hopes the bubbling liquid is not what he just expelled down the hole, and, should it be, that that doesn't occur to anyone else. After all, that would hardly be elf-like.

Stealth to continue moving quietly, [roll0]
My passive perception is 30, but I'm happy roll if you'd like me to.

Out of curiosity, do you slide the privacy lock shut while using the facilities?

Right, that didn't even occur to me for some reason.

[roll0]

Edit: Ugh, is it too late to take the passive perception option? >_<

Before Aodan steps in to relieve himself, you can see that most of the walls are cleaner than the floor.

Sol
2015-04-14, 05:24 PM
Out of curiosity, do you slide the privacy lock shut while using the facilities?

No, I don't trust rusty locks, and don't want to get stuck in such a gross room.

Creed
2015-04-14, 05:44 PM
No, I don't trust rusty locks, and don't want to get stuck in such a gross room.

Alright, noted.

Aodan emerges from the facilities no worse for wear, and also steps peeks around the corner to see the puddle of liquid in the next hall.

Ramsus
2015-04-14, 06:22 PM
As Aodan walks his circle, Laughing Spider turns in time with him so that she's always looking directly at him.

She also has her two intangible arms extended in different directions that are moved in the same direction as she's turning but each at slightly different rates.

Vesth
2015-04-14, 11:07 PM
With nary a glance from Harbek, the specter glides forward, heading straight for the bubbling liquid, stopping just five feet away from it.

"Lassie, you're bein' creepy. I might be used to it, but I don't think most people are."

"By the way, what are the rest of ye names? If ye said it, I dinnae catch it."

Ramsus
2015-04-14, 11:18 PM
At Harbek's words Laughing Spider tilts her head so far to the side that she winds up with her arms pressed up against the wall. As she goes with the flow of the movement and begins crawling on the wall she says, "I am how I am. And besides, Dan of the Toe Stubbing Noise just did circle time with me." Then she laughs, in an oddly deep voice, at her private joke to herself and the not so private one too.

If the walls are cleaner than the floors, might as well walk on them instead. Though I rolled horribly so maybe they aren't.

Rakaydos
2015-04-15, 04:04 PM
Razak growled quietly at the others. "Is Hunt. Quiet."
Stepping carefully around the noxious puddle, the fighter led the way to the next corner.

demidracolich
2015-04-15, 10:37 PM
"My name if Drazen, I am pleased to make your acquaintance.", Drazen replied to Harbek while lookig around, "You seem rather... eccentric, which considering the rest of our companions you fit right in."

Perception: [roll0]

Sol
2015-04-16, 03:17 PM

"By the way, what are the rest of ye names? If ye said it, I dinnae catch it."

Aodan turns to the dwarf with a slightly pained expression on his face. "I...honestly didn't even notice you until just a few moments ago. An effect, perhaps, of the lost relationship between our peoples. Fate has conspired to bring us both to this place, where once our ancestors delved together, in ages long forgotten.

I am Aodan, friend dwarf. It is my hope that these halls still hold secrets that may interest your people as much as mine. It is my perhaps less likely hope that these halls hold fewer orcs than Ardeep, but that's why we're so well armed."

Aodan follows the party as they continue down the hallway.

Creed
2015-04-16, 10:31 PM
Razak growled quietly at the others. "Is Hunt. Quiet."
Stepping carefully around the noxious puddle, the fighter led the way to the next corner.

The puddle does not react to you stepping around it, merely bubbling as you pass.

The next hallway continues about 130 feet north, turning left, to the west, at three points, after 30 feet, after 100 feet, and again at the far end of the hallway. Water is no longer dripping from the ceiling as you come around this corner.

Unlike the rest of the dungeon thus far, you can see a light source you didn't bring with you. At the corner where the second hallway turns off, 100 feet away, there is a steel brazier with a flaming ball of pitch within it, shedding light over the intersection.

After 40 feet, just a short way past the first hallway that turns off of this one, there are several burlap sacks, full of something, leaning up against the right hand wall.

Ramsus
2015-04-16, 10:55 PM
Laughing Spider crawls along the wall and examines the sacks.

[roll0]

Creed
2015-04-17, 12:31 AM
Laughing Spider crawls along the wall and examines the sacks.

[roll0]

Are you opening them, or just looking at them?

Ramsus
2015-04-17, 02:24 AM
She'll look at them and then cautiously open them if they don't seem dangerous/super gross.

Necroticplague
2015-04-17, 05:19 PM
Being that the smell down here is starting to annoy her canine nose, the wolf return to being a women, who switches from her large chain of a weapon to the dagger that was in her cloak. The burning brazier means they're not alone, and she'd like to be able to get them before they get her. She particularly notes the somewhat unchained spirit as she moves towards the bags. These in particular seem to scream 'trap set for greedy morons, goblins are hiding in here'. She might be a bit paranoid, but she'd heard some things from the time in the corps about this place, and it seemed justified.

Creed
2015-04-19, 10:54 AM
She'll look at them and then cautiously open them if they don't seem dangerous/super gross.

To get to the sacks, you have to pass the first hallway on the left, which continues for 50 feet before terminating in a wooden door not unlike the one that led to the bathroom.

Most of the sacks are full of salt, except for one, which is half full of salt and open to the air. A small tin cup can be seen inside this open sack.

Ramsus
2015-04-19, 09:26 PM
Laughing Spider takes a cup full of salt in the cup and holds it out at the others and proclaims, "It's just salt. Guess it will come in handy for when someone is wounded later."

Sol
2015-04-20, 09:40 PM

Aodan gathers a cup full of salt and puts it in one of the many pockets in his cloak.

demidracolich
2015-04-20, 09:47 PM
Drazen follows the others and also puts a cup of salt into his cloak.

Vesth
2015-04-21, 12:22 PM
Harbek looks oddly at Laughing Spider. "Laddie, I dinnae know what culture ye from, but I'm pretty sure that salt burns wounds and ghosts. I should know. Many people threw salt at me before."

That said, Harbek looks down all the branching hallways, looking for anything interesting.

Creed
2015-04-21, 02:29 PM
Harbek looks oddly at Laughing Spider. [color=darkorchid]"Laddie, I dinnae know what culture ye from, but I'm pretty sure that salt burns wounds and ghosts. I should know. Many people threw salt at me before."[/colof]

That said, Harbek looks down all the branching hallways, looking for anything interesting.

Having already passed the first hallway, you peer down the remaining two.

The second hallway runs for 50 feet before ending, turning north and south. 20 feet into this hallway, there is a wooden door on the south wall, a wooden plank nailed across the door just above the handle to prevent it from being opened. A smear of dried blood about 3 feet in diameter is opposite this door, a few feet above the ground. Next to the brazier, at the corner of the hallway, illuminated by the light, are strange runes, each about 6 inches tall, inscribed in the brickwork, which some may recognize as an ancient dialect of Dwarven.

The runes read,

"DWARF WARRIORS DID HERE PERISH
SHADOWS OF THE PAST DO HERE REIGN
IN NUMBERS BEYOND RECKONING"

You recall that, in ages past, a clan of dwarves once ruled the halls that would become Undermountain. This script is much more recent a dialect, and you don't expect that even someone who speaks the language of the dwarves fluently would recognize such an ancient tongue.

Despite the soft crackling of the fire in the brazier and the dripping of water from the areas you came from, your footfalls seem unnaturally loud in the near-silent hallway.

The last hallway is less illuminated by the brazier, but stretches the same length as the second, 50 feet, before ending in a hallway running north and south. After 20 feet in this hallway, there is also a door, but it is on the north side of the hall and not barred shut. From the other end of this hallway, for the briefest of moments, you can hear the echoes of a man singing, but from how far off, or if it is even on this level of the dungeon, you are uncertain.

Rakaydos
2015-04-21, 08:17 PM
Razak's ears cant toward the singng voice, and he glances to the otheres before heading toward the door concealing the source of the call.

demidracolich
2015-04-21, 08:54 PM
Drazen moves towards the wall and attempts to decipher the runes.
[roll0]

Creed
2015-04-21, 09:49 PM
Razak's ears cant toward the singng voice, and he glances to the otheres before heading toward the door concealing the source of the call.

((I should clarify, the singing is coming from the hallway that runs North and South on the other end of this hallway, not from beyond the door on the north side of this hallway. Do you still want to go check it out?))

Rakaydos
2015-04-21, 09:54 PM
((I am giving the party a chance to intervene before I move to check it out))

Creed
2015-04-21, 10:06 PM
((I am giving the party a chance to intervene before I move to check it out))

((Gotcha. *thumbs up*))

Sol
2015-04-22, 10:00 AM

Aodan holds a finger to his lips and motions to the others to follow quietly.

Moving silently until he is a ways around the corner from the hallway it seems to be coming from, Aodan pulls his bow off of his back, pulls a quiver out of his cloak and loops it over one shoulder. He then stands with his back to the wall and closes his eyes, listening to the singing and hoping to identify something about its origin.

My passive perception is a 30, but, as I am actively trying to discern more than that tells me,

and stealth to accurately move silently into position: [roll1]

Creed
2015-04-22, 10:28 AM

Aodan holds a finger to his lips and motions to the others to follow quietly.

Moving silently until he is a ways around the corner from the hallway it seems to be coming from, Aodan pulls his bow off of his back, pulls a quiver out of his cloak and loops it over one shoulder. He then stands with his back to the wall and closes his eyes, listening to the singing and hoping to identify something about its origin.

My passive perception is a 30, but, as I am actively trying to discern more than that tells me,

and stealth to accurately move silently into position: [roll1]

Undermountain Hallway Level One, Day One, 16:30 Local Time (2.5 hours since last meal, 6.5 hours since last rest)

The voice seems to be coming from a ways off still, but you can make out the general sounds of the song, sung by a man, in gruff common. It appears to be a relatively standard drinking song, sung by a lone man more out of idleness than any desire to showcase or practice skills.

Ramsus
2015-04-22, 12:42 PM
Laughing Spider follows along, keeping quiet and to the walls as much as possible.

[roll0]

Ramsus
2015-04-24, 04:19 PM
Seeing that nobody else seems inclined to go first, Laughing Spider shrugs and continues towards the sound of the singing.

Creed
2015-04-24, 05:08 PM
Seeing that nobody else seems inclined to go first, Laughing Spider shrugs and continues towards the sound of the singing.

To the south, the hallway goes thirty feet, going ten feet past the hallway with the barred door, before terminating in a stone wall, with a small skeleton slumped against the barrier.

To the north, the hallway goes sixty feet before ending in a large wooden door. Twenty feet down this hallway, there is a small doorway on the eastern wall, with firelight pouring out of it and into the hall. Sitting on a stool in the doorframe, with his back to you, is a human man singing softly. He's wearing a chainmail shirt over simple clothing, with a thick burlap sack over his left hand. His scalp is shaved bald, and you can see the outlines of old tattoos on his rough skin. Leaning in the doorframe across from him is a greatsword wrapped in a dark, thick pelt.

As he sings, three rats, each about a foot long, sit on their haunches in the hall, five or six feet down the hall from him, watching him. When you come around the corner, one glances your direction for a moment, then goes back to looking at the man, silently.

Sol
2015-04-27, 09:39 AM

Peeking around the corner and seeing the man, Aodan waves that it's safe to follow, and rounds the corner, keeping to the shadow and listening to the man's song.

[roll0]Perception, [roll1]Stealth.

Creed
2015-04-27, 10:00 AM

Peeking around the corner and seeing the man, Aodan waves that it's safe to follow, and rounds the corner, keeping to the shadow and listening to the man's song.

[roll0]Perception, [roll1]Stealth.

You can more clearly hear out the words to his song now,

"Leave her, Johnny, leave her,
An' the bosun was a beggar with the middle name o' work.
An' it's time for us to leave her.

Leave her, Johnny, leave her.
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her.
O the voyage is done an' the winds don't blow,

The old man swears, and the mate swears to,
The crew all swear, and so will you

Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her.
O the voyage is done an' the winds don't blow,

The rats are gone, and we the crew,
It's time be damned, that we went to.
An' it's time for us to leave her."

At this point in the song, he rocks forward with a cough, interrupting his song and sending the rats scurrying off down the hall towards the door in the north, then he reaches inside the room to his right, pulling out a glass bottle wrapped in leather straps so that it can be secured to a belt. He uncorks it and takes a hearty swig of whatever liquid may be inside.

Necroticplague
2015-04-28, 01:02 PM
Merca doffs the dagger in order to pull out the odd chain, draping it over her shoulder to try and be casual as she approaches the man in human form. "Quite a song you got there. Even the rats can recognize it's quality, and the don't seem like they'd be ones to know much on the subject."

Creed
2015-04-28, 02:06 PM
Merca doffs the dagger in order to pull out the odd chain, draping it over her shoulder to try and be casual as she approaches the man in human form. "Quite a song you got there. Even the rats can recognize it's quality, and the don't seem like they'd be ones to know much on the subject."

The man looks over his shoulder, peering into the darkness, and stands to face the hallway. In the firelight, you can see that one of his eyes is sealed shut, but the other looks surprised to see someone. He appears to be in his late 30's, and doesn't reach for his greatsword.

"The rats in this part, they act strangely... how did you get back there? I thought the cave-in had sealed off surface access to this area?" he asks, keeping his voice relatively low. He scratches at the burlap sack over his hand nervously, and stares down the hallway behind you, as if expecting something more threatening to appear from around the corner at any moment.

Necroticplague
2015-04-28, 03:42 PM
"They probably had, at some point. However, there's a literal hole in the wall between here and a lift up. Follow your nose, if it starts to smell like sewage, you're heading in the right direction.". The merc turns around to point over her shoulder down the hall she came from as she speaks. "Didn't see anything else alive here.Few dead things, but they looked long dead, so no need to worry about those."

Creed
2015-04-28, 03:45 PM
"They probably had, at some point. However, there's a literal hole in the wall between here and a lift up. Follow your nose, if it starts to smell like sewage, you're heading in the right direction.". The merc turns around to point over her shoulder down the hall she came from as she speaks. "Didn't see anything else alive here.Few dead things, but they looked long dead, so no need to worry about those."

"I've been back there, didn't see any holes in the wall. Guess I'll have to get someone to check it out," he says. Then he sits back down on his stool in the doorway, taking another sip from his glass bottle.

Ramsus
2015-04-30, 03:19 AM
Laughing Spider crawls along the walls over to where the man is, likely crowding Merca a bit as she passes by where she's standing, and asks, "Do you take requests? I want to hear the one about the freed birds."

Vesth
2015-04-30, 07:01 AM
Harbek starts to look a little worried. "Eh? What if the rooms move? Could be when we get back there, the hole ain't there no more."

He paused, and he shares a look with the spectre floating near him. "Send someone? How many are with you?"

Creed
2015-04-30, 09:20 AM
Laughing Spider crawls along the walls over to where the man is, likely crowding Merca a bit as she passes by where she's standing, and asks, "Do you take requests? I want to hear the one about the freed birds."

The large man flushes a bit, "I don't sing often, and certainly not for audiences," he stammers out, embarrassed.

Harbek starts to look a little worried. "Eh? What if the rooms move? Could be when we get back there, the hole ain't there no more."

He paused, and he shares a look with the spectre floating near him. "Send someone? How many are with you?"

"There's a temple a few rooms away," he says, gesturing to the North door, "I'm down here to make sure nothing wanders up this hallway. The numbers vary from day to day, but there's usually five of us and the priest here, at least. We've barricaded most of the exits out of the Hall, keeps most of the wandering monstrosities out, but we have to keep a few paths open to let visitors and pilgrims come from their various locals."

Sol
2015-04-30, 10:44 AM

Slinking out of the shadows, Aodan returns his bow to his shoulder, and the quiver vanishes into a fold of his cloak.

"Hail, stranger. What sort of temple, what sort of monstrosities? And who might you be?"

Creed
2015-04-30, 11:12 AM

Slinking out of the shadows, Aodan returns his bow to his shoulder, and the quiver vanishes into a fold of his cloak.

"Hail, stranger. What sort of temple, what sort of monstrosities? And who might you be?"

"How rude of me," the man says with a laugh, "I am Sonregin, and I work for the Temple of Tempus. As for what creatures, well, the dungeon is crawling with them in all kinds. I guarantee that you passed at least a few on your way here, and if you didn't see them they probably still saw you. Some you might not even recognize as a threat until they're stealing your death-rattle."

Ramsus
2015-04-30, 01:47 PM
Laughing Spider chuckles at "death-rattle" and quietly comments, "Taken from the hands of baby Death."

Rakaydos
2015-05-01, 01:42 AM
The gnoll in the party entered the room, leaning quietly against the far wall as he smiled toward the singer.

Creed
2015-05-02, 04:43 PM
Sonregin lets out a grunt in response to the joke(?), unsure of how to react. He takes another sip from his bottle.

"You're free to go inside, if you'd like," he says, gesturing towards the door at the north end of the hallway, "Just take a right once you get into the Hall."

Sol
2015-05-04, 02:33 PM

Aodan steps past Sonregin and moves towards the temple doors, before turning back and asking a final question of the man.

"Do you know a barkeep by the name of Hilather Urthadar, by chance? He sent us down here in search of his children. A pair of twins and their older brother. I'm blanking on their names right now, to be honest."

Did we really forget to ask for their names? Oops.

Creed
2015-05-04, 03:27 PM

Aodan steps past Sonregin and moves towards the temple doors, before turning back and asking a final question of the man.

"Do you know a barkeep by the name of Hilather Urthadar, by chance? He sent us down here in search of his children. A pair of twins and their older brother. I'm blanking on their names right now, to be honest."

Did we really forget to ask for their names? Oops.

Sonregin thinks for a moment, then shakes his head,

"No, the name doesn't ring a bell. I've been down here for quite a while though. We don't often have people come in who aren't regulars at the temple, but if one of them comes here often, the priest will be able to identify them if you have a description."

Sol
2015-05-07, 09:51 AM

Aodan nods to Sonregin and enters the temple, beckoning the others to follow.

Ramsus
2015-05-08, 01:17 AM
Laughing Spider is successfully beckoned and follows.

Rakaydos
2015-05-08, 08:00 PM
Razik also follows silently.

Necroticplague
2015-05-08, 08:04 PM
Merca goes along with the others, unsure of how drawn weapons should be. He makes it sound like their could be something dangerous around, but also that where thye hang out is safe. As a happy medium, Merca reverts to her wolf form as she trails along. This is the kind of thing you'd think would take a lot of effort, and thus be something you'd reserve, but it's actually pretty easy to switch between the two all day long.

Creed
2015-05-11, 10:33 AM
The door at the north end of the hall opens without trouble, and you notice that the door has a small gap below it.

The room you enter, the 'Hall' as Sonregin had called it, is 20 feet across, and extends 90 feet west before ending in a large barricade made of rubble and furniture, and 60 feet east before ending in a large pair of slightly open oaken doors that extend all the way to the ceiling, 15 feet above you. There are three other exits to this room, two on the north wall to the west after 40 feet and after 70 feet, and another on the southern wall to the west after 70 feet.

The walls of this room are lined with about thirty 9-foot tall statues of vicious-looking human warriors with various weapons and garb, with nameplates below each one. About 80 feet west down the hallway, three men, wearing leather armor and armed with swords and crossbows, talk quietly before one of the statues. The sound of cheering and merrymaking can be heard coming through the double doors to the east.

Rakaydos
2015-05-18, 06:10 PM
"Razik confused. Was told hunt was dangerous." As he spoke the gnoll looked around the room.

Ramsus
2015-05-21, 03:43 PM
Laughing Spider walks up to the men to hear what they're talking about.

Creed
2015-05-23, 11:52 PM
Laughing Spider walks up to the men to hear what they're talking about.

As you approach, you can hear the conversation between the men,

"...tell you about what happened out at the east barricade?" the first says.

"No, what happened this time? Sebor fall asleep at his post again?" the second responds. The third grunts and laughs quietly.

"No, well, actually, maybe, doesn't matter. What matters is he reported seeing the rats opening a door on the other side of the barricade," the first continues

"A door? The rats opened a door- now who's this, can we help you with something?" the third says, directing the question to Laughing Spider as she approaches.

Ramsus
2015-05-25, 04:59 PM
Laughing Spider looks back to see what the others are doing and it seems as if they're in no rush, so she says to the men, "I'd like to hear more about these rats. Or other interesting things you've seen down here would be good too."