PDA

View Full Version : Warlock wierdness

Rad Mage
2015-03-23, 05:30 PM
So I don't know if there is a thread already dealing with this but I noticed a bit of oddness with the Warlock class. The Warlock spell list in the Player's Handbook goes up to 9th level, but Warlocks don't seem to get spell slots over 5th. How does a warlock gain access to these spells? Or am I just a moron?

Mandragola
2015-03-23, 05:32 PM
It could confuse a stupid person! :smallamused:

Warlocks do get very limited access to spells above level 5. Read through all the warlock class features and you'll find out how.

Took me a while to figure locks out too. They are complicated.

Rad Mage
2015-03-23, 05:35 PM
I'm AFB at the moment so could you elaborate, please? Are you talking about the evocations? Because they don't seem to cover the entire lock spell list from 6th and up.

Pex
2015-03-23, 05:38 PM
Mystic Arcanum class feature - Warlocks get one spell of levels 6-9 as their class levels increase to cast each once per long rest.

Elderand
2015-03-23, 05:38 PM
So I don't know if there is a thread already dealing with this but I noticed a bit of oddness with the Warlock class. The Warlock spell list in the Player's Handbook goes up to 9th level, but Warlocks don't seem to get spell slots over 5th. How does a warlock gain access to these spells? Or am I just a moron?

You missed mystic incarnum

EvanescentHero
2015-03-23, 05:39 PM
At eleventh level, warlocks get the Mystic Arcanum feature. They get to pick a sixth-level spell that they can cast once per long rest without expending a spell slot.
At thirteenth, fifteenth, and seventeenth levels, they also gain a seventh, eighth, and ninth level spell, respectively.

Rad Mage
2015-03-23, 05:40 PM
OHMYGOD I FORGOT MYTIC ARCANUM!!!

Egg on my face! Thank you, I can sleep well tonight.

TheOOB
2015-03-23, 11:46 PM
It's part of 5e's measures to balance spellcasters, pretty much no one recovers spell slots level 6+ without a long rest.