PDA

View Full Version : Playing and Discussing with Haluese: Elder Scroll III Morrowind

Haluesen
2015-03-23, 07:59 PM
So, it's just as the title says. Let's talk some games around here. :smallbiggrin:

http://gameswalls.com/wallpapers/e/elder-scrolls-3-morrowind/elder-scrolls-3-morrowind-12-1.jpg

This is my first ever video series, so I wanted to get some discussion started rather than just put the videos up and hope people watch. :smalltongue: Ever week I'll be putting up a video of gameplay and progress, though what I do is up in the air still, I know I want to show the main campaign as well as some mods, but beyond that I'd prefer to know what other people would like to see.

This post is where I will post links to all of the videos, for people to keep up.

1: An Adventure Begins (Oddly) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8MXuAcmIU)

So, I admit the first video could use work...but for a first attempt it's a start. :smallsmile: Do people have advice on how to improve the graphical quality and prevent some of the issues I'm having?

Beyond that, in the first video I mention the aesthetics of the game, the way the world itself looks and the building are designed makes it feel very different from the standard fantasy setting. Are there other games that do this well that you would care to talk about?

Please, post as much as you want here! :smallsmile: Discussion is fun, the more the better! And I hope anyone who sees this enjoys the videos!

LibraryOgre
2015-03-24, 09:10 AM
I do miss the variety of weapons in Morrowind in the later games. Like, y'all couldn't figure out how to make spears and staves work in game?

Haluesen
2015-03-24, 12:27 PM
I agree very much. :smallsmile: Spears were one of the things I missed the most in later games, though I do like staves in Skryim with some spells. Shooting lightning blasts ha always been a big favorite thing of mine. :smallamused: But if it could have been programmed to still be able to use them as melee weapons...that would have been nice. Throwing knives/stars were another thing I miss in later games, though I was never that good at using them.

Sadly I didn't select blunt weapons or spears as major or minor skills with this character...I know I had some reason. :smallconfused: I think I might branch out though and train up the spear skill, add that to my setup. :smallbiggrin: This will be my only chance in the Elder Scrolls series, after all.

LibraryOgre
2015-03-25, 09:21 PM
Spear is fantastic because it improves Endurance. Using a spear as a main weapon, especially once you learn Summon Spear, is a powerful option that leads to tons of health.

Haluesen
2015-03-26, 11:24 AM
Spear is fantastic because it improves Endurance. Using a spear as a main weapon, especially once you learn Summon Spear, is a powerful option that leads to tons of health.

I uh...heh, I kinda cheated for that one. :smallredface: I'm not good with improving stats just right in Morrowind to get high stats, unless I take a lot of time to focus on it. So I used a mod to give me +5 to an attribute when I level up by default, as long as I used a skill that focuses on that attribute and leveled it up. So I would still need to use Spear, just not a lot.

That doesn't change that they are interesting weapons that can look very cool. And if I'm right they were also historically practical, so that would be a bonus. :smallsmile:

Eldan
2015-03-26, 12:18 PM
If you want graphical improvements, I suggest just googling the Morrowind Overhaul. Used to be called Morrowind 2011, Morrowind 2012, etc, but Morrowind Overhaul is pretty much the community's semi-official go to upgrade pack now.

Haluesen
2015-03-26, 03:41 PM
While I can take a look at that and see how my computer handles it, with graphical issues I mostly meant glitching in the recording. When I played in that video I saw everything normally, and didn't realize until I was editing that the ground and trees were disappearing at random. :smallconfused: I'd imagine it would be rather distracting if all my videos were like that.

Now I think of it, for all of the modding I've done I've never used anything to do with the graphics in the games I play. I've just never felt the need to, I guess. Still, Morrowing Overhaul is at least worth a look.