PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5e] Optimized Psion

Kezeal
2015-03-23, 08:01 PM
As some of you may have seen my previous thread, I was searching for a class that feels like home.

It was Psion.

Now, I'm looking for how to make one that is effective. I know that 1 of my groupmembers is experienced, 1 is new, and not sure about the third one. And the one that is experienced just carried us along on our first dungeon run. Now we can reroll!

We start from level 3, and have 200g to buy us stuff(basic equipment).

Now, I'm looking for a fun Psion build.

My ideas so far:
Crystal Shard for single target damage(can be augmented to nice damage)
Energy Burst for AoE damage(can be augmented to nice damage)
Every other skill point for utility and fun!

Not sure if this is feasible as a complete build. Would I need more types of damage or something?

Flexibility is very important! Or adaptability. Ooh, must get the Adapt Body power.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-23, 08:04 PM
As some of you may have seen my previous thread, I was searching for a class that feels like home.

It was Psion.

Now, I'm looking for how to make one that is effective. I know that 1 of my groupmembers is experienced, 1 is new, and not sure about the third one. And the one that is experienced just carried us along on our first dungeon run. Now we can reroll!

We start from level 3, and have 200g to buy us stuff(basic equipment).

Now, I'm looking for a fun Psion build.

My ideas so far:
Crystal Shard for single target damage(can be augmented to nice damage)
Energy Burst for AoE damage(can be augmented to nice damage)
Every other skill point for utility and fun!

Not sure if this is feasible as a complete build. Would I need more types of damage or something?

Flexibility is very important! Or adaptability. Ooh, must get the Adapt Body power.

Well i dont have a full build but Energy Missile is pretty awesome, pick a different element every time you manifest it and it has a fun rider effect for each element.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-03-23, 08:29 PM
Take Psicrystal Affinity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#psicrystalAffinity), preferably Hero or Nimble (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psion.htm#psicrystals). Always have Share Pain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/sharePain.htm) on it, and remember that its Hardness 8 reduces every instance of damage it takes from Share Pain by that amount, regardless of the original attack's type. Keep it in a compartment on your person so opponents never have line of sight/effect to it and cannot target it directly or hit it with area effects. Put a Healing Belt (MIC) on it, and it can spend its actions to use that on you during combat. You can share buffs with your psicrystal, so use Vigor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/vigor.htm) to give you both a nice hp cushion. Any time you manifest a power that heals you, whether Body Adjustment or Psionic Repair Damage (if you're a Warforged), you can share it with the psicrystal. This combo will make it so you take half damage from all sources, which is actually better than having twice as many hit points, and you'll effectively get a 10 hp per powerpoint spent damage cushion from Vigor.

Read this guide (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10238.0), it basically tells you all you need to know from the outset.

Kezeal
2015-03-23, 08:32 PM
Well i dont have a full build but Energy Missile is pretty awesome, pick a different element every time you manifest it and it has a fun rider effect for each element.

I would have to pick Psychokinesis discipline for that. I'm more interested in Psychometabolism(Egoist) and Metacreativity(Shaper). First allows me to transform and heal myself, the second allows me to create objects(plus has crystallize and Hail of Crystals(very good AoE), and can revive you when you die with the seed). I'm leaning a tiny bit towards the second one, but being able to regenerate and entire limb out of thin air is just so epic.

Kezeal
2015-03-23, 08:33 PM
Take Psicrystal Affinity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#psicrystalAffinity), preferably Hero or Nimble (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psion.htm#psicrystals). Always have Share Pain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/sharePain.htm) on it, and remember that its Hardness 8 reduces every instance of damage it takes from Share Pain by that amount, regardless of the original attack's type. Keep it in a compartment on your person so opponents never have line of sight/effect to it and cannot target it directly or hit it with area effects. Put a Healing Belt (MIC) on it, and it can spend its actions to use that on you during combat. You can share buffs with your psicrystal, so use Vigor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/vigor.htm) to give you both a nice hp cushion. Any time you manifest a power that heals you, whether Body Adjustment or Psionic Repair Damage (if you're a Warforged), you can share it with the psicrystal. This combo will make it so you take half damage from all sources, which is actually better than having twice as many hit points, and you'll effectively get a 10 hp per powerpoint spent damage cushion from Vigor.

Read this guide (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10238.0), it basically tells you all you need to know from the outset.

Isn't the crystal rather large? As in the size of a grown male's hand. I couldn't hide that in a pocket.

Zaq
2015-03-23, 08:38 PM
Isn't the crystal rather large? As in the size of a grown male's hand. I couldn't hide that in a pocket.

I can put my hand in my pocket with no problem, and I'm a grown male. I don't see the issue.

Anyway, if you're just looking for one or two combat powers and then focusing on utility powers, I recommend taking Astral Construct as one of your combat powers. You can get an amazing amount of mileage out of that one power. Unlike Crystal Shard or Energy Burst, which you have to manifest every round you want to affect the combat, you just need one Astral Construct to last the entire encounter (unless it dies, but that's still a win for you, because hits your AC takes are hits your party doesn't take).

Kezeal
2015-03-23, 08:42 PM
I can put my hand in my pocket with no problem, and I'm a grown male. I don't see the issue.

Anyway, if you're just looking for one or two combat powers and then focusing on utility powers, I recommend taking Astral Construct as one of your combat powers. You can get an amazing amount of mileage out of that one power. Unlike Crystal Shard or Energy Burst, which you have to manifest every round you want to affect the combat, you just need one Astral Construct to last the entire encounter (unless it dies, but that's still a win for you, because hits your AC takes are hits your party doesn't take).

So you're recommending I take Shaper?

Troacctid
2015-03-23, 08:44 PM
Shaper and Egoist are both really good. You can't go too far wrong with either of them. Taking the Expanded Knowledge feat is also an option to get the best of both worlds.

Kezeal
2015-03-23, 08:49 PM
Shaper and Egoist are both really good. You can't go too far wrong with either of them. Taking the Expanded Knowledge feat is also an option to get the best of both worlds.

Would I be sacrificing a lot if I spend one feat on Expanded Knowledge? I was thinking of taking it, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Sure, I'd have more fun, but would I become significantly less useful?

Zaq
2015-03-23, 08:50 PM

Yeah, since Astral Construct is a level 1 power, you can pick it up easily with either Hidden Talent or Expanded Knowledge. Shapers are a lot of fun, and it's hard to go wrong with one, but if you had your eye on another discipline, you certainly don't have to let Astral Construct stand between you and the discipline you originally had in mind.

If you didn't have a specific discipline in mind, then sure, Shapers are pretty darn cool. But between Hidden Talent and Expanded Knowledge, you've got options.

Kezeal
2015-03-23, 08:59 PM
What skills and stats should I pick for the Psion?

Troacctid
2015-03-23, 09:05 PM
High Intelligence is a must, obviously. After that, you will want a good Constitution score to shore up your crappy HP and Fortitude, and at least a little bit of Dexterity for AC, Reflex, and initiative. Wisdom isn't important, but you probably don't want a penalty to Will, so leaving it at 10 is a good plan. Strength is an easy dump stat. So is Charisma, unless you're a Shaper or Telepath and want to invest in social skills.

Kezeal
2015-03-23, 09:34 PM
Yeah, since Astral Construct is a level 1 power, you can pick it up easily with either Hidden Talent or Expanded Knowledge. Shapers are a lot of fun, and it's hard to go wrong with one, but if you had your eye on another discipline, you certainly don't have to let Astral Construct stand between you and the discipline you originally had in mind.

If you didn't have a specific discipline in mind, then sure, Shapers are pretty darn cool. But between Hidden Talent and Expanded Knowledge, you've got options.

I can't find Hidden Talent in http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#metapsionicFeats

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-03-23, 11:35 PM

A Psicrystal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/psicrystal.htm) is diminutive size (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#bigandLittleCreatu resInCombat), 6-12 inches at its largest dimension when fully outstretched. It weighs 2-16 oz, and a 2 oz piece of crystal is quite small. I had a character who kept his psicrystal in his athletic cup, just to be certain that nothing could ever get line of effect to it.

Hidden Talent is in Expanded Psionics Handbook page 67.

I would make the character a Warforged (MM3, various Eberron books), go Shaper so you can use Psionic Repair Damage on yourself and share it with the psicrystal. He could have a door on his chest like Bender that he keeps the psicrystal in. Get the Personal Construct (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070411a) alternate class feature, so your Asteral Construct power is quickend for free when you use it to make your best astral construct. Take Expanded Knowledge for Energy Missile, which can target opponents' weapons, armor, shields, spell component pouches, divine focus, etc. as well as their person. Get Time Hop and use it on a powerful opponent's weapon, on a door, a bridge, etc. Get Energy Stun which scales very well, hits multiple targets, and has a decent chance of stunning. Crystal Shard is still superb. You can take Adamantine Body at 1st level and forego Inertial Armor, and even pick up Improved Fortification since you'll be healing yourself with Psionic Repair Damage, you can find those feats in MM3 and in various Eberron books. Check these lists (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/lists) if you have trouble finding a feat or class.

Telok
2015-03-23, 11:48 PM
Read the bit about manifesting a power from another's powers known. It allows reusable power stones as long as you can make the psicraft and use psionic device checks and spend your own power points on it.

The psionic body feat is worth a look if you end up with four or five psionic feats, with a good Con and entry into the slayer PrC (use an item for the feat requirement) you can be surprisingly tough even without the shared vigor trick.

You will get the Dispel Psionics power.

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 12:03 AM
So, this is what I built in the meantime:

Level 1:
Feats: Psicrystal Affinity(Nimble); Psionic Talent
Powers: Energy Ray; Vigor; Astral Construct
Level 2:
Powers: Inertial Armor; Minor Creation, Psionic
Level 3:
Feats: Overchannel
Powers: Share Pain; Crystalstorm
Level 4:
Powers: Tongues, Psionic; Sustenance
Level 5:
Feats: Talented
Powers: Energy Wall; Time Hop
Level 6:
Feats: Psionic Meditation
Powers: Touchsight; Telekinetic Force
Level 7:
Powers: Correspond; Trace Teleport
Level 8:
Powers: Freedom of Movement, Psionic; Divination, Psionic
Level 9:
Feats: Expanded Knowledge: Metamorphosis
Powers: Adapt Body; Metamorphosis(not sure if Expanded knowledge gives it for free or if it unlocks so I could pick it)
Level 10:
Feats: Boost Construct
Powers: Major Creation, Psionic; Plane Shift, Psionic
Level 11:
Powers: Disintegrate
Level 12:
Feats: Craft Universal Item
Powers: Overland Flight, Psionic; Temporal Acceleration
Level 13:
Powers: Diver Teleport
Level 14:
Powers: Mind Blank, Personal; Phase Door, Psionic
Level 15:
Feats: Burrowing Power; Empower Power
Powers: Bend Reality
Level 16:
Powers: Teleport, Psionic Greater; True Metabolism
Level 17:
Powers: Assimilate
Level 18:
Feats: Twin Power
Powers: Etherealness, Psionic; Microcosm
Level 19:
Powers: Reality Revision
Level 20:
Feats: Metamorphic Transfer
Powers: Entangling Ectoplasm; Probably gonna pick Psychic Reformation to gain all the Incarnate permanent powers

Let me know if I took too few or too many powers or feats. This is my first time doing it by myself.

Vizzerdrix
2015-03-24, 05:09 AM
Maybe try to get Boost Construct sooner? otherwise it looks good to me.

KillingAScarab
2015-03-24, 05:40 AM
So, this is what I built in the meantime:
Level 9:
Feats: Expanded Knowledge: Metamorphosis
Powers: Adapt Body; Metamorphosis(not sure if Expanded knowledge gives it for free or if it unlocks so I could pick it)
Let me know if I took too few or too many powers or feats. This is my first time doing it by myself.My understanding of expanded knowledge is that purchasing the feat gives you the power.

If you have questions about psionics, the Psionic Questions Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?270743-Psionic-Questions-Thread-%28it-s-a-Metaconcert-in-the-Playground%29) would probably be worth a search. Don't know if there was ever another one after that which picked up where it left off.

Segev
2015-03-24, 06:28 AM
Read the bit about manifesting a power from another's powers known. It allows reusable power stones as long as you can make the psicraft and use psionic device checks and spend your own power points on it.Unfortunately, no. If you manifest a power in this fashion from a power stone, the stone is explicitly expended. This is only mentioned in the actual XPH book, though, not in the SRD (at least on my cursory re-examination of the SRD).

If you can talk your DM into using the SRD's version, cool, but be aware that it is not necessarily the complete RAW in this case.

I'd actually recommend creating a band you put around your upper arm or something so that it can crawl in there and hang out when you want it on your person but w/o line of effect to others. It can crawl out if you need it to do other things, and it's right against your skin for any purpose that requires touch-range between the two of you, otherwise.

atemu1234
2015-03-24, 09:31 AM

Shaper definitely works.

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 10:37 AM
Did some more digging. Unfortunately Elan race is unavailable in our campaign :(

Feats and powers are in the order which I take them

Race: Human

Stats(80 points divided):
Intelligence: 26
Constitution: 18
Dexterity: 14
Wisdom: 10
Strength: 2
Charisma: 10

Feats:
Psicrystal Affinity(Nimble); Psionic Talent; Psionic Body; Overchannel; Boost Construct; Psionic Meditation; Expanded Knowledge: Metamorphosis; Talented; Craft Universal Item; Burrowing Power; Empower Power; Twin Power; Metamorphic Transfer
13 feats. 7 from leveling up(1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18), 5 from Psion bonus feats(1, 5, 10, 15, 20), 1 from being human(I'm not sure if I added the right amount of feats)

Powers:
Energy Ray; Vigor; Astral Construct; Inertial Armor; Minor Creation, Psionic; Share Pain; Crystalstorm; Tongues, Psionic; Sustenance; Energy Wall; Time Hop; Touchsight; Telekinetic Force; Correspond; Trace Teleport; Freedom of Movement, Psionic; Divination, Psionic; Adapt Body; Metamorphosis; Entangling Ectoplasm; Major Creation, Psionic; Plane Shift, Psionic; Disintegrate; Overland Flight, Psionic; Temporal Acceleration; Divert Teleport; Mind Blank, Personal; Phase Door, Psionic; Bend Reality; Teleport, Psionic Greater; True Metabolism; Assimilate; Etherealness, Psionic; Microcosm; Reality Revision
That leaves me with 2 open slots for level 20 powers. Likely a psychic reformation to get permanent abilities through Incarnate.
35 powers chosen + 2 empty
36 total from class itself, another one from choosing Expanded Knowledge: Metamorphosis

Skills:
Concentration - Max
Psicraft - Max
Knowledge - Max Psionics, invest in others(at least 1 point in every one)
Craft - invest to increase creating through Shaper
Autohypnosis - 1 point
Bluff - 5 points

EDIT: Should I pick Crystal Shard instead of Energy Ray? Crystal Shard can pass a Anti Magic/Null Psionics fields without a problem.
EDIT2: Changed attributes a bit. Do bonus spells and bonus power points apply to Psions? If so, then I should probably buff up intelligence even further.

Telok
2015-03-24, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately, no. If you manifest a power in this fashion from a power stone, the stone is explicitly expended. This is only mentioned in the actual XPH book, though, not in the SRD (at least on my cursory re-examination of the SRD).

If you can talk your DM into using the SRD's version, cool, but be aware that it is not necessarily the complete RAW.
I'll double check my copy of the xph when I get home. But it turns out to be fine in any case, the once per day per power cuts it down to utility stuff you don't use often like Tongues or Sustenance. Plus you're using either power points or gold, which is essentially the scroll vs. slot dilemma available to wizards anyway.

I noticed power resistance and mind blank missing from the list. True seeing is also good. Tongues and sustenance are too rarely useful for a permanent slot. Consider at least having some power stones of psychic reformation at higher levels.

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 12:59 PM
I'll double check my copy of the xph when I get home. But it turns out to be fine in any case, the once per day per power cuts it down to utility stuff you don't use often like Tongues or Sustenance. Plus you're using either power points or gold, which is essentially the scroll vs. slot dilemma available to wizards anyway.

I noticed power resistance and mind blank missing from the list. True seeing is also good. Tongues and sustenance are too rarely useful for a permanent slot. Consider at least having some power stones of psychic reformation at higher levels.

What are the stones? Also, I'd like to be as self-sustainable as possible, as in not relying on being able to buy anything(that includes gold for using powers).

I completely missed Power Resistance! That looks very useful. I'll give a look what to throw away. Mind Blank, Personal is in the list. Tongues is for being able to talk to everyone(just for my own fun, not for practicality). Will likely throw it out at higher levels when I can afford using Incarnate for permanent Tongues. Sustenance is because I couldn't pick Elan :(
What use can True Seeing have?

EDIT: Perhaps change Entangling Ectoplasm to Power Resistance?

I'm mostly worried if I picked the right attributes(80 points gives a lot of options) and whether or not I picked the correct amount of powers and/or feats.

True seeing is also good.

Wouldn't Touchsight do the same and more?

Optional attributes:
Intelligence: 35
Constitution: 14
Dexterity: 12
Strength: 3
Charisma: 6

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 07:48 PM
Does anyone have any more helpful advice? Attributes are my biggest fear as they can't be re-picked with Psychic Reformation.

KillingAScarab
2015-03-24, 08:07 PM
Did some more digging. Unfortunately Elan race is unavailable in our campaign :(

Feats and powers are in the order which I take them

Race: Human

Stats(80 points divided):
Intelligence: 26
Constitution: 18
Dexterity: 14
Strength: 2
Charisma: 10
For D&D 3.5 character generation, there is a method known as "point buy" which lets you tailor the attributes of your character, but it is not at a constant 1:1 ratio. If your DM is allowing you to build a character with point buy, first you need to know how many points are allowed (usual point totals are 25, 28, 32, 36, I believe).

Unfortunately, that table isn't Open Gaming License content, so you won't find it in the otherwise wonderful Hypertext d20 SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/). You can, however, find online calculators, such as this one (http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html).

The point buy method has you start with all of your character's attributes at 8, then you can adjust them, usually only as low as 7 and only as high as 18. If you have any attribute modifiers (bonuses or penalties) due to race, those are applied afterward. Since you're doing a build over 20 levels, then you'll be looking at a +1 for every 4th level (4, 8, 12, 16 and 20), which will probably be going to intelligence.

Another thing you'll encounter is that you can't really have an attribute start at lower than 3. There might be some exceptions to this through optional rules, but this is especially important to the "mental" attributes. An intelligence of 1 or 2 is reserved for animals, for example, so even if you want to make the dumbest half-orc barbarian 3 is the floor. Aside from these numbers modelling the capabilities of your player character, they also correspond to some of the more common methods of rolling dice to generate a 1st level PC's attributes: rolling three 1s on 3d6 is the lowest you could go.

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 08:11 PM
For D&D 3.5 character generation, there is a method known as "point buy" which lets you tailor the attributes of your character, but it is not at a constant 1:1 ratio. If your DM is allowing you to build a character with point buy, first you need to know how many points are allowed (usual point totals are 25, 28, 32, 36, I believe).

Unfortunately, that table isn't Open Gaming License content, so you won't find it in the otherwise wonderful Hypertext d20 SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/). You can, however, find online calculators, such as this one (http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html).

The point buy method has you start with all of your character's attributes at 8, then you can adjust them, usually only as low as 7 and only as high as 18. If you have any attribute modifiers (bonuses or penalties) due to race, those are applied afterward. Since you're doing a build over 20 levels, then you'll be looking at a +1 for every 4th level (4, 8, 12, 16 and 20), which will probably be going to intelligence.

Another thing you'll encounter is that you can't really have an attribute start at lower than 3. There might be some exceptions to this through optional rules, but this is especially important to the "mental" attributes. An intelligence of 1 or 2 is reserved for animals, for example, so even if you want to make the dumbest half-orc barbarian 3 is the floor. Aside from these numbers modelling the capabilities of your player character, they also correspond to some of the more common methods of rolling dice to generate a 1st level PC's attributes: rolling three 1s on 3d6 is the lowest you could go.

I was told that "80 point total before racial modifiers" is our stat system. Not sure if I should make some assumptions based on that about the longevity of the game or something.

What about this then:

That way I could have 40 intelligence by the time I hit level 20, which gives me the maximum amount of Power Points possible from intelligence.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-24, 08:14 PM
I was told that "80 point total before racial modifiers" is our stat system. Not sure if I should make some assumptions based on that about the longevity of the game or something.

What about this then:

That way I could have 40 intelligence by the time I hit level 20, which gives me the maximum amount of Power Points possible from intelligence.

Just so you know you will have terrible carrying capacity with 3 str. I dont think Psions need to carry much i just feel i need to point that out. Also 80 point buy, holy crap.

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 08:17 PM
Just so you know you will have terrible carrying capacity with 3 str. I dont think Psions need to carry much i just feel i need to point that out. Also 80 point buy, holy crap.

What about using Astral Construct to carry objects for me? Perhaps even use the Astral Construct power armor if needed.

I can't see how one would get 40 intelligence any other way than 80 point buy, unless they sacrifice -everything-.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-24, 08:28 PM
What about using Astral Construct to carry objects for me? Perhaps even use the Astral Construct power armor if needed.

I can't see how one would get 40 intelligence any other way than 80 point buy, unless they sacrifice -everything-.

Astral constructs only last rounds per level so that wont work, though you could make a golem do it for you, or just get a pack dog.

Usually you dont pre 20, i once made a build with 40 Cha. It was a Draconic Aasimar Dread Necro, 18 to start, +2 from race, +2 from Lich, +2 from Draconic, +5 from leveling, +5 from a Tome, and a +6 item. Yes its very expensive but oh so worth it.

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 08:37 PM
Astral constructs only last rounds per level so that wont work, though you could make a golem do it for you, or just get a pack dog.

I don't see either in the power list at http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powerList.htm

Blackhawk748
2015-03-24, 08:40 PM
I don't see either in the power list at http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powerList.htm

Neither are powers. You just buy a pack dog and you make the Golem using Craft Psionic Construct.

KillingAScarab
2015-03-24, 08:55 PM

What about this then:
Charisma: 6Well, it is non-standard, but making the point buy a 1:1 ratio makes it more transparent for the player. Still, a sum of 80 from your attributes is really powerful. It's also possible the DM isn't familiar with the point buy system in the Dungeon Master's Guide. I see it quoted here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=11548683&postcount=2) as being on page 169.

That way I could have 40 intelligence by the time I hit level 20, which gives me the maximum amount of Power Points possible from intelligence.So, if that's an intelligence of 35 at level 20, the character's actual intelligence score at levels 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 would be 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34, respectively. In which case, you have spent 75 points at 1:1 on a 1st level character.

Usually you dont pre 20, i once made a build with 40 Cha. It was a Draconic Aasimar Dread Necro, 18 to start, +2 from race, +2 from Lich, +2 from Draconic, +5 from leveling, +5 from a Tome, and a +6 item. Yes its very expensive but oh so worth it.Yeah, a PC with an attribute significantly higher than 20 is something you work towards over an adventuring career (unless you're just starting at very high levels).

I don't see either in the power list at http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powerList.htmA dog would be a an animal you purchase along with a pack for it. You can find those under Mounts and Related Gear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#mountsAndRelatedGear).

As for a golem, that's not usually a starting character option. Looking at the feats, you would need to be at least a 6th level character.

Edit: Oh, and so you have an idea why that strength of three isn't such a great idea, here's a link to Carrying Capacity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm).

Kezeal
2015-03-24, 09:05 PM
So, if that's an intelligence of 35 at level 20, the character's actual intelligence score at levels 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 would be 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34, respectively. In which case, you have spent 75 points at 1:1 on a 1st level character.
Yeah, a PC with an attribute significantly higher than 20 is something you work towards over an adventuring career (unless you're just starting at very high levels).

Those stats are at level 3.

Edit: Oh, and so you have an idea why that strength of three isn't such a great idea, here's a link to Carrying Capacity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm).

Would this be reasonable or should I adjust it even further? I wish to get 40 intelligence by the time I get level 20.

Strength: 5
Charisma: 4