PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need crunch for my fluff.

DrMotives
2015-03-23, 09:55 PM
I have a villain I'm going to introduce soon, and while I have a solid character concept down, I'm not sure how to class him. He's going to be a ghul (half-ghoul from Dragon Magazine) aarockacra. The concept is his clan has been at war of sorts with a ghoul pack for years, and he leads with a position of sympathy for his perceived weakness from his birth accident, although all his clan knows is he's albino and believes him physically weak. I plan to have the PCs help him get destroy the leader of the ghoul pack that helped create him, with him demanding justice but really just wanting to move the leader out of the way so he can assert dominance and move from a background NPC to a "BBEG of the episode". While I'd like a class with rebuke undead as an ability, I'm not sure which one. I could go several directions. I want him somewhere around CR 8 or 9. Any suggestions on how to make him work?

Troacctid
2015-03-23, 11:07 PM
Sounds like Dread Necromancer. You have high Charisma, as is appropriate for a leader. You can rebuke/command undead, plus command undead as a spell. And you have Bluff as a class skill and undetectable alignment as a class spell, so PCs with Sense Motive or detect evil won't immediately figure out that you're the villain.

atemu1234
2015-03-24, 10:06 AM
Sounds like Dread Necromancer. You have high Charisma, as is appropriate for a leader. You can rebuke/command undead, plus command undead as a spell. And you have Bluff as a class skill and undetectable alignment as a class spell, so PCs with Sense Motive or detect evil won't immediately figure out that you're the villain.

Also, he could make his closest allies into Bone or Corpse creatures.