PDA

View Full Version : Templates!

Seriah
2015-03-23, 10:07 PM
I remember seeing some classes on my many passes through the books that grant templates as their capstone abilities...but for the life of me, i cannot remember what they were. Does anyone happen to know of any, or has my brain broken and I am completely off my gourd?

Zanos
2015-03-23, 10:14 PM
Off the top of my head:
Dread Necromancer(HoH) gets the Lich template at 20.
Walker in the Wasters(Sandstorm) gets the Dry Lich template at 10.
Dragon Disciple(Core) gets the Half-Dragon template at 10.
Death Master(Dragon Comp.) Gets the Lich Template at 20.

DrMotives
2015-03-23, 10:15 PM
Off the top of my head Dread Necromancer makes you a lich as a capstone, and Disciple of Ashandarion makes dragons into half-fiends. There's also some that just add types or subtypes, like Elemental Savant makes arcane casters into elementals, there's a divine version that does the same and also lets you summon mephit stooges too I think, and frost mage gives you cold subtype as a capstone.

Seriah
2015-03-23, 10:29 PM
Yeah, the half dragon was the one i was thinking of. Thanks much. Any idea if there is one of these for half celestial?

Crake
2015-03-24, 01:34 AM
Yeah, the half dragon was the one i was thinking of. Thanks much. Any idea if there is one of these for half celestial?

Fiend blooded from heros of horror is a 10 level prestige class with 9/10 casting (the CL loss is at the final level of the prc) that, as it's capstone, gives you the half fiend template. With a chassis like that, I don't think it would be too hard to change it to half celestial.

Note that it doesn't "officially" grant you the half fiend template (so you don't qualify as a half fiend for things), merely the benefits of it, with the exception of the SLAs, since the prc is a 9/10 casting progression class, so the SLAs are omitted in favour of casting progression.

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-03-24, 06:30 AM
Glorious Servitor transforms you into an Outsider, Native. Or you can play an Aasimar and add on the various racial feats.

ShurikVch
2015-03-24, 07:39 AM
Walker in the Waste 10: Dry Lich template
Dragon Devotee 5: Draconic template
Vadalis Beastkeeper 10: Magebred template
Disciple of Ashardalon 12: Half-Fiend template
Shining Blade of Heironeous 10 (variant from Dragon #283): Celestial template

Shadow Sun Ninja may get Vampire template by abusing Balance of Light and Dark, but his soul will be imprisoned within the Iron City of Dis, and he will become a NPC

And, obviously, you will get any template at the end of it's Savage Progression (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/sp) class

atemu1234
2015-03-24, 09:29 AM
Fiend blooded from heros of horror is a 10 level prestige class with 9/10 casting (the CL loss is at the final level of the prc) that, as it's capstone, gives you the half fiend template. With a chassis like that, I don't think it would be too hard to change it to half celestial.

Note that it doesn't "officially" grant you the half fiend template (so you don't qualify as a half fiend for things), merely the benefits of it, with the exception of the SLAs, since the prc is a 9/10 casting progression class, so the SLAs are omitted in favour of casting progression.

That would be fun to homebrew.

The Viscount
2015-03-24, 07:40 PM
The Mountebank base class gives you the half-fiend template, but it is a horrendous class.