PDA

View Full Version : Weird Characters?

darkscizor
2015-03-24, 12:42 AM
I just got finished making a kobold rogue who is also a part-time chicken herder for a 5e game that's coming up, and I just realized that this was only one of my many weird characters. He has a mule and cart (which, if I'm not mistaken, can carry 1050lbs of gear). He's focused on trapmaking (not unusual for a kobold) and pranks (unusual for a kobold). I had to calculate chicken weight (5lbs average) and look up feeding rules in the DMG on page 111.

I started to wonder if anyone else played weird characters and wanted to share them, but I couldn't find a thread for it so I posted this. Anyone else have a weird character to share?

Karl Aegis
2015-03-24, 01:04 AM
I had a possessed barrel of sake that sat in somebody's basement for years until it ran off one day to deliver a lame pun at the peak of a mountain. Its motivations were interesting to say the least.

TheCountAlucard
2015-03-24, 03:04 AM
The PCs of my current seafaring game are a demon-powered pirate captain, a necrosurgeon, and Hercules.

BWR
2015-03-24, 03:31 AM
I played a sentient, mobile photocopier by the name of zzzzzzDONK!
This was TOON.

Battlebooze
2015-03-24, 04:11 AM
The PCs of my current seafaring game are a demon-powered pirate captain, a necrosurgeon, and Hercules.

Demon powered? As in, their powers are fueled by a damned demon from hell, or is there hamster wheel in their chest with a tiny demon in it, running non stop? :)

NecroSurgeon....

Working on a corpse.

Roles a natural one.

"Beep. Beep. Beep."

"Damn it! I hate when that happens."

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 07:18 AM
I love playing bizarre characters. :smallbiggrin:

One of my favorites was a college student with a fox puppet and an excellent ventriloquism skill. The puppet was done up in a Star Trek captain's uniform and the character wore a red shirt with the ensign rank. His quirk is that he actually believed the puppet was a real "person" and took orders from his captain.

Then there was the super hero Pudding Boy. His super power? He could eat anything. Locked door in the way? I eat it. Mook coming at us with a gatling laser? I eat it. Doomsday bomb set to go off in 10 seconds? I eat it. His main weakness was vegetables though. Cause those taste horrible. :smalltongue:

goto124
2015-03-24, 07:20 AM
Did anyone feed him tomatoes to figure out if it was a fruit or veg?

TheCountAlucard
2015-03-24, 07:22 AM
Demon powered? As in, their powers are fueled by a damned demon from hell, or is there hamster wheel in their chest with a tiny demon in it, running non stop?More that his powers are fueled by the illimitable nature of the Highest of Holies, twisted through the lens of the Demon Princes.

NecroSurgeon…As in, a surgeon who prepares bodies for being made into zombies by necromancers.

Roles a natural one.Not really.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 09:31 AM
Did anyone feed him tomatoes to figure out if it was a fruit or veg?

No, that unfortunately didn't come up.

He died after eating a weird invention by the BBEG that imploded. Critically failed the health check to survive it and collapsed into a small crushed ball of... um, pudding I think. It wasn't pretty, but was worth it just to ruin the GM's plans earlier then he wanted.