PDA

View Full Version : [Empire!] Midsummer Knight's Festival (y. 516)

Kasanip
2015-03-24, 10:50 AM
A Midsummer Knight's Festival
Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities
The Land of Free Knights (138)
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/9A0E58EB902390A676FE65D75C0F_zpsfcf81b82.pnghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/56FD969B885B751F51759A0E58EB56E35C0F_zps7bad8ca5.p nghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/30B930D530A330F330AF30B9306E65D75C0F_zps09804f21.p nghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/745E769076FE65D75C0F_zps18e4b83a.pnghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/30AB30CB30E330C465D75C0F_zps9433d268.png
Year: 516

Uran (https://youtu.be/ytQfhqWmr9M)
City of 50,000 Flowers

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/_zpsbaytbadm.jpg

Warm sunlight breaks through the rainy clouds, sending rainbows across the sky and reflecting off of the canals.
As the riverboats and bridges are crossed, the fragrance of thousands of flowers of every color blanket the city in sweet and strong smells. Clear as after rain, the sharp air carries only these rich smells and the smell of fresh food.

Laughter, joyful calls of children and apprentice knights who chase each other in the festive streets echo with the music that bounces off of the puddles catching reflections of the buildings and clouds once more.

Brilliant fibrous flame banners hang under windows and on bridges, while drops of rain fall lazily from roof corners. Even the humid air has taken vacation for the cool breeze from the mountains. Teasing the autumn chill with the false holiday from summer. However, it can be forgiven for wanting to enjoy this atmosphere, too.

The roads and bridges are crowded with local people, many wearing the colors of their cities. Most are eager to try and see some of the foreign guests, however they are animated in talking and celebrating together, too.
A patrolling pair of Free Knights wear smiles as they touch their helmets politely and pass. A priestess in sharp black and white hurries to a religious ceremony, expertly dodging puddles. A local musician group plays while couples dance in the streets by canals.

Only the solemn statue expressions of Grand-Master Commelina and Grand-Master Reine seem to consider the serious duty as they watch silently in the Garden of Heroes. 50,000 lily flowers decorate the garden in memory of the heroes who chivalrously give their lives.

~http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/9A0E58EB902390A676FE65D75C0F_zpsfcf81b82.png~

Guests arriving at the gates of Uran are welcomed with splendid formation of Free Knights in uniform. Banners flying in the air and polished armor mirror the rainbow and sunlight. Specially chosen Squires serve as guides and ambassadors for the delegations and lead them to the Rainbow Plaza.
The city is open to sight-seeing. However, the locals are very curious and excited to see foreigners, too.
Of course some tourist information has been written in pamphlets given to guests.

Delegations arriving for the Midsummer Knight's Festival are limited to 7 per nation. This is due to itinerary plans which will involve riverboat cruise through the nights as traveling south to Verbena. Unfortunately, Dunfel cannot be accommodated and are recommended to proceed directly to Tellurian Games at Verbena.
Due to flood rains, swimming outside of designated areas is forbidden for your safety.
Due to concerns about stability, Dunfel and guests larger than horse are unable to participate in riverboat cruise. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Due to stormy weather, flying is hazardous and forbidden for your safety.
If you become sick during your stay, please find the nearest Hospitaler.
Please respect all local laws and customs.

-Grand-Master Solana of Fernbrake of the Order of Free Knights on behalf of International Hospitalers for Safety.

Fair skies as clear after rain! It is my duty and honor to welcome you to the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities.
We are excited to welcome you to the Midsummer Knight's Festival. As a celebration of our 50th Anniversary and to enjoy the unique Week of Rainbows during the summer rainy season, I would like to inform you of the itinerary.
For international delegations, we have arranged for a special riverboat cruise to travel across the famous canals to experience traditional culture and festivities in different cities. In this way, day activities can be enjoyed with the convenience of night travel.

We will spend one day at each location before arriving at Verbena for the jousting tournament.
We have included some information about our destination cities for your pleasure. Assisting Free Knights and Squires will happily show hospitality and answer any questions.

Sincerely,
Steward Passiflora of Rubia

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/573056F3305A304430543046306E307F_zpsac6e7378.jpg

Uran
City of 50,000 Flowers
Uran is the capitol of the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities. The nickname is reference to the [Garden of Heroes], the memorial to the free knights who give their lives to protect the people of the United Free Cities. The 1st Steward and Grand-Master Commelina of Neu was buried here with 50,000 flowers planted at the statue. In a country famous for flowers, Uran's beautiful decorated canals and streets are without equal.
Delegates will meet at Uran, the capitol city of the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities, and engage in ceremony at the Garden of Heroes, and festivities at the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran. Apprentices and Squires of the schools are assigned as guides to assist, as Free Knights are in charge of security and parade.
The Rainbow viewing events will conclude in the evening, when the delegates for the event will board the riverboats and depart for overnight cruise to Capsella. Lantern boats and decorative lights along the river blooming with flowers will provide such a sight.

Capsella
City of Windmills
Although close to the Fernbrake, the castle of Capsella is well guarded and one of the most beautiful fortresses in the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities. The fertile soil and important trade route has made Capsella an important trade city in the Lowlands and famous for it's food.
Tea and Cake are served in this city famous for it's scenic windmills. Sphynks from Bastet and Kanyat will perform traditional dances and singing. An afternoon of horse-riding and rainbow viewing is possible to go sightseeing near the Fernbrake.
An overnight cruise will continue to Boragina.

Boragina
City of Hills
Boragina is the location of the famous Guilder Sacrifice of Year 436. The Zuiguo army was repelled outside of this city. The rallied Free Knights continued the fight. Famously two Grand-Masters made Boragina Castle the command center and it was never captured. It could be said Boragina is where the hope for a nation began.
The Uzan dwarves and Lowland River Cities will host various festival activities.The nearby massif hills provide beautiful rainbow viewing locations. A visit to the Free Knights Boragina Castle is accompanied with lunch and entertainment.
An overnight cruise will continue to Verbena with lightning ballistae firework display.

Verbena
New City of Doves
Verbena was destroyed during the 30-Year Zuiguo War. The tireless efforts of Grand-Master Reine of Verbena saw the city rebuilt and returned to beauty. With Queen Euco's marriage and the amelioration of Dong-Nam-Dosi, Verbena became a symbol of peace and hope and has flourished with trade.
The League of Verbena is the end of the tour of the cities. Zuiguo from Dong-Nam-Dosi will also assist and perform festival activities. Verbena will also host the Jousting Tournament. Jousting is the most popular sport in the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities. Foreign participants have been politely invited to participate.

Joust requires protective armor and a horse. Other creatures are not permitted because they cannot be hosted in country.
Because of storm weather, it is forbidden to use flying creature. This is a safety law for protection of guests because of lightning.
Unfortunately Dunfel may not participate. Horses cannot bear such a weight.
Due to logistics and organizational issues for tournament length, each participant nation may only participate with one knight. These nations must register properly in advance (Only countries that spend an action to Attend the Event are eligible).

Jousting is a chivalric sport. It is about fighting on behalf of someone else. It is about demonstrating courage to go into a battle with unknown end. Demonstrating the proper manners and spirit is as important as demonstrating bravery and humility.
As such, the participant Knight must declare for whom they are fighting. Because people love romantic stories, chivalric romance will surely receive applause!

Jousting also requires martial skill and the favor of the goddess of fortune and the goddess of chivalry. Everything is decided in one blow.

Participants who fight will roll once in an opposed judgement.
Please use your Ruler's [MILITARY] attribute in such a way:
1-2:1d4
3-4: 1d6
5-6: 1d8
7-8: 1d10
9-10: 1d12
For example: Steward Passiflora of Rubia has Military Attribute: 5. She is jousting against Queen Euco of Verbena (Military Attribute: 1). Therefore the opposed judgement will be 1d8 VS 1d4.

If a chivalric display to declare for whom one is fighting, the judgement roll receives [+1] bonus!
For example: 1d8+1.

If it is desired to participate, please show such an example in post.
Name:
Appearance:
Attribute Dice:
Probably it will be waited until 03/30/2015 for the tournament results!

Hello, it is Kasanip.
Thank you for coming to event!

There are some changes, so I'll try to explain.
Midsummer Knight's Festival will be several days event before jousting tournament. Small international delegations are invited to come to Uran, and to travel with riverboat cruise to several other cities before to arrive at Verbena.

Roleplay can happen at different cities or on riverboat. Please use such a tag to help defeat misunderstanding!
If there are questions, please ask! I will do my best.
Let's have a fun roleplay! :smallsmile:

QuintonBeck
2015-03-24, 05:42 PM
They arrived from the north, a somewhat curious direction for arrival given the Republic's position relative to the other powers of the world. They numbered precisely seven: three Sphynks, two female and two male, of darker complexion and blacker hair than the Sphynks of Bastet, and four humans, all male, of dark skin and eyes. The humans bore elaborate Keffiyeh upon their heads and the Sphynks finely crafted fezzes of rigid structure. They were transported upon the backs of finely reared stallions which bore saddlebags filled with treasury and gifts alongside the more mundane water and food necessary for their journey, that long road from Kemuliaan to the Free Cities.

Upon their arrival in Uran one of the humans rode forward to take the lead of the delegation and to greet their hosts, the Free Knights.

"A most glorious land and city you have," he said, addressing the first Free Knight to greet them, "While Kemuliaan is my home and I shall love it first and above all others, I cannot deny the beauty the wetness of this valley brings with it. Allow me to bid you greetings, I am Philocrat Imhotep of the city of Kemuliaan. My companions and I have heard of the great festival being hosted by your nation and desired to arrive that we might show our friendship and break bread with our southern neighbors."

HalfTangible
2015-03-24, 06:57 PM
[Midsummer]
"Strangers are friends you haven't met yet."

If there was one major downside to living most of one's life in Sycia's mountains, it had to be that everywhere else felt like an inferno in comparison, especially during the summer. Even dressed as appropriately as she could manage for the weather, she felt like she was in a sauna. Her guards on this outing were a small pack of Wolfborn, as she didn't want to show off and all knights of Fabula were preparing for the war with the Voreal Kingdom. She did have a cryomancer on hand, however, and thankfully she managed to keep all of them cool with the occasional flurry.

The group arrived by pegasus, as Sycia usually did, and was a fairly small, humble gathering. Edea, the cryomancer, and four of her guards wore robes that marked them as priests and priestesses of Sycia, while the remaining four wore some sort of tight black material that was far too thin to be useful in combat.

Apparently, their athletes for the games had gone without them. They were civilians, of course, and would not be fighting in the war. It was too bad, really - Edea was sure that they would have been useful.

Maybe she could ask the Hospitaliers for aid in their coming war. She doubted they'd be able to assist in actual fighting (it wasn't like they were Doctrine - there was no reason for them to fight a holy war) but keeping people alive? They could do that.

... Edea strode forward into the city. This was her battlefield. One of reason, trade, and diplomatic relations, but a battlefield nonetheless. This was probably the first time many of these people had seen any member of the Doctrine up close, let alone a Head Priestess. Time to make a good first impression.

Edea - Head Priestess of Foreign Affairs - Female - Asexual
Kikyo - Cryomancer - Female - Available
No'rah Pack - 2 priests, 2 priestesses, 3 other males, 2 other females - Available

DurkBlanston
2015-03-24, 08:42 PM
When news had reached the Consortium of a jousting tournament all manner of chaos had broken lose in the royal Palas. The Palas had been playing host to a variety of local lords, mainly counts and barons, who had come to swear their fealty to the King after their ascension and Augustai and Benfu had latched onto the challenge with such temerity and with such gusto whipped up among the other young lords paying homage that even had the tournament been hosted in Guilder the retinue likely would have gone anyway. It was lucky then that the event was being hosted by the Chivalric Republic, not allies of the Consortium or the Imperium, but certainly not enemies and they were friends with many nations the world over. Of course, the twins enthusiasm and insistence had meant a delegation had to be assembled and launched from the Puerto Melizine port, made all the trickier by the two princes' insistence they bring their own steeds on the long journey as well as their young dragons born and bonded to them two years prior, each now about the size of a large dog.

The Melzin ships were delayed, much to the Princes' disapproval, first in dispatching a small fleet to Faelthalas to make themselves available for transporting the small kingdom's representatives as well as awaiting a small delegation of Pavonian representatives and second from a touch at port in Novrania, though brief and with limited serious diplomatic exchange. The ships continued on to Ri Chugang where they docked and made their way overland to the ferries that carried them to Dong Nam Dosi and continued by foot and horseback on to the Free Cities further west.

The young delegation arrived in the early afternoon of the first day of celebration and eagerly spread out amidst the locals and the other foreign delegates making conversation with old and new friends and, for the Princes' part, seeking out young women whose hands they might win by the lance of the tourney.

Crown Prince Augustai Caercia - 16, Male, Single
Crown Prince Benfu Caercia - 16, Male, Single
Marquise Gael Visellius of Conifer - 23, Male, Single
Count Simon Gilbartsan of Exbur - 22, Male, Single
Count David Benedict of the Stones - 19, Male, Single
Baron Bran Jernigan of Rhambrok - 26, Male, Single
Baron Odovacar Audo of Montecu - 25, Male, Single

Kasanip
2015-03-25, 02:41 AM
Kemuliaan
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
A Free Knight wearing shining breastplate and round shield wears her blue hair decorated with fibrous flame ribbons. It can be seen something is written on every ribbon. Her white horse seems a proper gentleman. She salutes and bows to the arrived guests.
"Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Cinera of Maranta. It is my duty and honor to welcome you to our country. I will be your guide during your visit. If you have any questions, please let me know." She says with a warm smile and turning to ride next to Imhotep.
"You must be tired from traveling so far!" She said. "Fortunately the rainbow viewing will be relaxing and there are plenty refreshments." She paused. "I am sure the rainy season is very different from the desert. Humid weather must seem uncomfortable!"

~*~

Holy Kingdom of Sycia
[Uran, Central Gate]
As Edea strode forward into the city, a Free Knight with dark blue twintail hair and a beautiful sword was hurriedly arriving. Her black horse seemed like a wild type. She spotted the foreigner and gracefully dismounted without effort.
"Excuse me." She bluntly said. "I am Illicia of Neu, a Free Knight. I will be your guide during your visit. Are you the riders of the Pegasi I saw land?"

~*~

The Caercian Consortium
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Because the nobles spread out, it is difficult for the guide to find them. Finally a Squire with long green hair with braid and a beautiful fibrous flame uniform finds one of the nobles.
"Excuse me, are you part of the Caercian Consortium delegation?" She asked.
"I am Amara of Boragina. I will be your guide during your visit. Nice to meet you. I'm afraid it was difficult to find your group with the crowds and festival events." She made a relieved sigh.

QuintonBeck
2015-03-25, 10:36 AM
Kemuliaan
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
A Free Knight wearing shining breastplate and round shield wears her blue hair decorated with fibrous flame ribbons. It can be seen something is written on every ribbon. Her white horse seems a proper gentleman. She salutes and bows to the arrived guests.
"Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Cinera of Maranta. It is my duty and honor to welcome you to our country. I will be your guide during your visit. If you have any questions, please let me know." She says with a warm smile and turning to ride next to Imhotep.
"You must be tired from traveling so far!" She said. "Fortunately the rainbow viewing will be relaxing and there are plenty refreshments." She paused. "I am sure the rainy season is very different from the desert. Humid weather must seem uncomfortable!"

"It is most certainly different!" Imhotep laughed, "But it is worth it for its beauty." he smiled again.

"But let us not get so lost among local beauty that I forget to share what we have brought from our own lands," the Philocrat gestured behind him and the others of his entourage cantered forward and opened their satchels revealing bolts of fine silk and fine cut rubies as well as paper bearing writing in Kemuliaan and Republic script side-by-side.

"A gift from the Pharaoh, by way of apology to your nation for the misunderstandings between our people. Our finest silks and most lustrous rubies, the first of many shipments, as well as the patents to our latest innovation."

HalfTangible
2015-03-25, 11:33 AM
Holy Kingdom of Sycia
[Uran, Central Gate]
As Edea strode forward into the city, a Free Knight with dark blue twintail hair and a beautiful sword was hurriedly arriving. Her black horse seemed like a wild type. She spotted the foreigner and gracefully dismounted without effort.
"Excuse me." She bluntly said. "I am Illicia of Neu, a Free Knight. I will be your guide during your visit. Are you the riders of the Pegasi I saw land?"

Edea smiled warmly, bowed and twisted her hand over her chest in greeting. "We are. I am Head Priestess Edea of the Holy Kingdom of Sycia. With me are Kikyo Iceborn-" The one catfolk nodded to the knight. "-and the No'Rah pack. You have our thanks for providing escort."

lt_murgen
2015-03-25, 11:35 AM
The Seaborne Confederation delegation travelled overland through the lands controlled by Celero, finally arriving at the fortress city of Uran. Their method of travel was… unique. Four creatures the size of small cows and seemingly made of rock, were harnessed to some kind of large wagon. A Komola sat at the edge of a wagon, holding two tubes of bamboo. When he(she?) tapped them against the rail, they produced a strong deep tone. The Rokuers turned toward the sound. The other tube seemed to cause the creatures to rush or delay.

The wagon itself hovered a 6-10 links off the ground and moved smoothly as the creatures pulled it. On top of the wagon stood what only could be described as a small Islander hut, complete with thatched roof and wicker window screens. A living tree and several potted plants dotted the perimeter. There even seemed to be some kind of pond or water basin worked into the design.

As they coach approached the city, the group inside raised the screens looked out through the rain at the city.

Percival Grant-Tremblor Fitzrion, Proconsul of the Salterri Empire, Skipper-General of the Seaborne Confederation. Born 449.
Meishan Magnes Fireguard. Full Blooded Cloudiz. Wings and fish tail. Percy’s wife. Born 451.
Eli Grant. Percy’s aide. Full blooded Islander. Born 469
NIkolette Kiskovich. Eli Grant’s wife. Born 462.
Elizabeth Grant. Senior Councilperson of the Jeweled Cities. Eli’s sister. Full blooded Islander. Born 472.
Corentin de Isakk. Favn, with horns. Husband of Elizabeth Grant. Born 460.
Amber Anderson. Admiral of the Confederation Fleet. Wife of Elizabeth Grant and Corentin di Isaak. Half Islander, half Galomyrii. Mostly human appearance with sharp features and feathery hair. Born 474.

DurkBlanston
2015-03-25, 03:09 PM
The Caercian Consortium
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Because the nobles spread out, it is difficult for the guide to find them. Finally a Squire with long green hair with braid and a beautiful fibrous flame uniform finds one of the nobles.
"Excuse me, are you part of the Caercian Consortium delegation?" She asked.
"I am Amara of Boragina. I will be your guide during your visit. Nice to meet you. I'm afraid it was difficult to find your group with the crowds and festival events." She made a relieved sigh.

The Free Knight had found Count David, the young and handsomely dressed and featured Bjurn lord, just as he had been preparing to raise another toast of Cana with a few young Republic women.

"Ah, Amara! What a pleasant happenstance your being here and looking for my fellows!" he grinneed, "See, my group is a mess of rapscallions I'm afraid. I'd intended to hunt them down myself but they're much too slippery for me by myself. Perhaps though, Madame Knight, we could find them if we worked together! Surely the Princes must be causing trouble somewhere and if we find them we can find the rest sure enough!"

The young Count wrapped his arm around the shoulders of the Free Knight and leaned his head in near her own, raising his other hand to act as a shield from the sunlight as he scanned the festival ground.

"Do you see them Amara? Surely if they're there they'll be causing trouble!"

Trouble was certainly on the minds of the young Gael and his compatriot Simon as they spotted the Sycian delegation speaking with one of the Free Knights. Striding forward the young men caught the tail end of Edea's words.

"Iceborn?" Gael said, walking up first, "Now that's an impressive name, you don't mind my saying."

"Apologies your...holiness and your Chivalrous..ness," Simon added, "I'm Simon and he's Gael. We're of the Caercian Consortium. You'll pardon our interruption but we seem to be a bit separated from our fellows. Not that we mind terribly, the Princes have been hell since hearing about the jousting tourney."

"Of course, it wasn't just escape that ushered our feet," Gael chimed in, "Your Holiness, we were hoping to speak with you on behalf of our Fael friends to our south and on general religious principle if you were so inclined?"

HalfTangible
2015-03-25, 04:23 PM
Trouble was certainly on the minds of the young Gael and his compatriot Simon as they spotted the Sycian delegation speaking with one of the Free Knights. Striding forward the young men caught the tail end of Edea's words.

"Iceborn?" Gael said, walking up first, "Now that's an impressive name, you don't mind my saying."

"Apologies your...holiness and your Chivalrous..ness," Simon added, "I'm Simon and he's Gael. We're of the Caercian Consortium. You'll pardon our interruption but we seem to be a bit separated from our fellows. Not that we mind terribly, the Princes have been hell since hearing about the jousting tourney."

"Of course, it wasn't just escape that ushered our feet," Gael chimed in, "Your Holiness, we were hoping to speak with you on behalf of our Fael friends to our south and on general religious principle if you were so inclined?""Impressive, interesting, interconnected." Kikyo smirked beneath her bangs. "I invoke ice in implicit incantations." She paused for a moment, then glanced to the nearest wolfborn.

"She said she makes ice and picked out the name cuz it sounded cool."

"Indubitably."

"And no, she does not usually talk like that." The same wolfborn added dryly.

"Hmph. Killjoy."

Edea smiled. "I am not the High Priestess - 'Priestess' or 'Edea' will do. I can certainly make the attempt, I suppose - what would you ask of me?"

Kasanip
2015-03-25, 07:14 PM
Kemuliaan
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Cinera looked surprised at the appearance of silk and lustrous rubies.
"Oh my! To bring these gifts from far away lands, it is very kind." She replied.
"I will make sure you have the opportunity to give them to our Steward today. She is busy preparing for opening ceremony now. Perhaps I can give you a tour of the festivities? Your horses can be safely protected at the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran during your visit."
She thoughtfully paused.
"If it is acceptable, there is good rainbow viewing in the center of the plaza. It will be comfortable to relax after a long journey."

~*~

Holy Kingdom of Sycia & The Caercian Consortium #2
[Uran, Central Gate]
Illicia made expression like the hesitation of chewing a small stone among grains of boiled rice.
"Oh, yes. It's nice to meet you. Welcome to our country." Her response. Illicia took deep breath and made a polite cough and continued explanation.
"I apologize for the difficulty. It seems some of the rules were not translated properly. For example, due to the dangerous weather, it is forbidden to fly. As such, I must honorably ask that your Pegasi be protected at the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran during your visit. Lightning and heavy rain are particularly dangerous during the rainy season."
She looked at the No'Rah pack again with discerning eye. Was it ten or eleven members? Before she can explain the next problem, there is an interruption.

Illicia cannot completely hide expression of dismay. However she properly fixes appearance and politely waits during discussion of Simon and Gael and Sycia delegation.
If they are Caercian Consortium delegates, where is their guide? Is her obvious worry.

~*~

The Caercian Consortium #1
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Amara looked surprised by behavior of the Count David. She was planning to ask his name before the forward actions continued such an off-balance play.
"Yes, it was my intention to ask for your help to find them." Amara looked distractedly at wrapped arm around the shoulders. However it is tried to maintain a proper host's behavior.
"It would be troublesome if the Princes are causing trouble." She tried to politely agree.
"I don't think they are near. I was looking for your group for sometime. I hope they are not lost. Maybe I should contact the Hospitalers to search for missing children? How old are the Princes?"

~*~

The Seaborne Confederation
[Uran, East Gate]
A Free Knight wearing lily headband on green hair and black uniform approaches the wagon. Her gray horse seems the elegant type. Even though it is a little rain, the free knight is smiling.
"Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Musa of Capsella." She introduces with salute and bow.
"It is my duty and honor to welcome you to our country. I will be your guide during your visit." It can't be resisted a curious regard of the wagon.
"If it is acceptable, please follow me to the Rainbow Plaza."

HalfTangible
2015-03-25, 07:42 PM
[Uran, Central Gate]
Illicia made expression like the hesitation of chewing a small stone among grains of boiled rice.
"Oh, yes. It's nice to meet you. Welcome to our country." Her response. Illicia took deep breath and made a polite cough and continued explanation.
"I apologize for the difficulty. It seems some of the rules were not translated properly. For example, due to the dangerous weather, it is forbidden to fly. As such, I must honorably ask that your Pegasi be protected at the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran during your visit. Lightning and heavy rain are particularly dangerous during the rainy season."
She looked at the No'Rah pack again with discerning eye. Was it ten or eleven members? Before she can explain the next problem, there is an interruption.

Illicia cannot completely hide expression of dismay. However she properly fixes appearance and politely waits during discussion of Simon and Gael and Sycia delegation.
If they are Caercian Consortium delegates, where is their guide? Is her obvious worry. "Ah. My apologies, I'm afraid that Sycia doesn't have many other methods of transport - we'd planned to bring them here and keep them grounded during our stay in any case. Had the weather grown sour, we would have stayed on the ground." She bowed her head. "Thank you for offering stabling. We gladly accept."

On another count, Illicia would count nine wolfborn. The wolfborn appeared to be short humans with wolf ears atop their heads, most of them with gray hair and yellow eyes. Strangley, however, the more she looked the harder it became to think of them as 9 individuals. It was a subtle thing, but the wolfborn moved in response to stimuli and each other in such a way that they seemed more one being than several. They had begun to unburden their pegasi (presumably to prepare them for stabling) and seemed to always know where each of them was at any time. At the same time, they kept their eyes open for threats (as guards do) but never seemed to be overlapping. No two wolfborn were ever looking at the same area.

It was... a little eerie.

PepperP.
2015-03-26, 12:11 AM
The Kingdom of the Isles

Semelea closed her eyes and smiled in delight as the warming sun slowly dried her silk robes, dampened in the rain that had fallen upon her and the small contingent of accompanying Guards and Knights on their long trip from the Broken Enclave. They arrived at Uran's Central Gate and stepped off of the wagons they had ridden from Celero's port where their ship was docked, the reliable crew awaiting their return to sail them home.

Semelea stretched her tall frame luxuriously, her flora-like hair vibrant and gleaming in the sunlight. She looked around, unabashedly curious at her surroundings and it's inhabitants. An older Spriggan whose fierce countenance was made even more so by a criss-cross network of scars leaned over to whisper furiously, "I still think the fallen stars would have made a more suitable gift." Semelea's gaze fell upon the modest basket of dried fish intended as a gift for the Festival's hosts. "Shush Henlief, the fish was much more practical to transport, as we discussed before we left." She returned in a hiss as they were approached by a host delegation.

Semelea: Foreign Affairs Ambassador, female
Rhenne: Assistant to the Foreign Affairs Ambassador, female
Henlief: Senior Guard to the Foreign Affairs Ambassador, male
Aora: Junior Guard to the Foriegn Affairs Ambassador, female
Commodore Milow: Mid-ranking officer of the Sea Knights, male
Sir Dexan: Knight of the Imperium, Keeper of the Isles, male, Jousting competitor, competing for the favor of Rhenne.
Sir Nevel: Knight of the Imperium, Keeper of the Isles, male, Jousting understudy.

lt_murgen
2015-03-26, 06:58 AM
~*~

[Uran, East Gate]
A Free Knight wearing lily headband on green hair and black uniform approaches the wagon. Her gray horse seems the elegant type. Even though it is a little rain, the free knight is smiling.
"Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Musa of Capsella." She introduces with salute and bow.
"It is my duty and honor to welcome you to our country. I will be your guide during your visit." It can't be resisted a curious regard of the wagon.
"If it is acceptable, please follow me to the Rainbow Plaza."

The group spilled out of the hut and onto various spots along the wagon. Meishan fluttered over to the small pond and settled in. As the wagon progressed to the plaza, the group tossed small gifts to those assembled to watch them pass- small necklaces of seashells, fresh tropical oranges and plums, small wooden totems of various sea animals, and so on.

DurkBlanston
2015-03-26, 08:08 PM
"Impressive, interesting, interconnected." Kikyo smirked beneath her bangs. "I invoke ice in implicit incantations." She paused for a moment, then glanced to the nearest wolfborn.

"She said she makes ice and picked out the name cuz it sounded cool."

"Indubitably."

"And no, she does not usually talk like that." The same wolfborn added dryly.

"Hmph. Killjoy."

Edea smiled. "I am not the High Priestess - 'Priestess' or 'Edea' will do. I can certainly make the attempt, I suppose - what would you ask of me?"

"Cool as ice,"Gael said with a wink to the Sycian magician.

"As my fellow said," Simon picked up addressing Edea, "We just had a few rudimentary questions. See, we're working to become fast friends with our neighbors to our south, the Kingdom of Faelthalas, and we've observed their native religion being mighty akin to your own Doctrine. We were wondering, out of curiosity and on orders from our liege, if there was plans to attempt to proselytize our neighbors?"

"And further," Gael added, "What exactly relations were between your Doctrine and Panshen. We've heard some awful rumors about those folks from beyond the wall talking of killing dragons as part of the Doctrine."

[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Amara looked surprised by behavior of the Count David. She was planning to ask his name before the forward actions continued such an off-balance play.
"Yes, it was my intention to ask for your help to find them." Amara looked distractedly at wrapped arm around the shoulders. However it is tried to maintain a proper host's behavior.
"It would be troublesome if the Princes are causing trouble." She tried to politely agree.
"I don't think they are near. I was looking for your group for sometime. I hope they are not lost. Maybe I should contact the Hospitalers to search for missing children? How old are the Princes?"

"Old enough to not be children, but young enough to still act it," David said with a mischievous look at Amara, "If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd bet the Princes are nearest the stables, getting ready for the joust."

David let his arm snake back from around the Free Knight and back to his side and bowed, "I shall let you lead the way Madame Knight!"

HalfTangible
2015-03-26, 09:42 PM
"Cool as ice,"Gael said with a wink to the Sycian magician.

"As my fellow said," Simon picked up addressing Edea, "We just had a few rudimentary questions. See, we're working to become fast friends with our neighbors to our south, the Kingdom of Faelthalas, and we've observed their native religion being mighty akin to your own Doctrine. We were wondering, out of curiosity and on orders from our liege, if there was plans to attempt to proselytize our neighbors?"

"And further," Gael added, "What exactly relations were between your Doctrine and Panshen. We've heard some awful rumors about those folks from beyond the wall talking of killing dragons as part of the Doctrine."

"Never heard that one before." Kikyo smiled anyway and her tail flicked, pleased. The cat-like ears on her head turned towards Gael. "Gael, wasn't it? Will you be staying for the games?" There was a light purr to her voice now.

"Currently? No." Edea admitted, bringing a hand to her chin in thought. She made a mental note to contact Faelthalas - perhaps they were worshipping an interpretation of Yphine as well? "Though it's certainly a possibility, Marvella does not find aggressive proselytization particularly useful or effective. We may reach out to Faelthalas, and determine if they wish to have the Doctrine within their lands. However, that will have to wait, as Sycia is rather... occupied at the moment."

"Currently, we are dealing with a schism within the Doctrine. As you noted, there is a sizeable nation beyond the ice wall that calls itself the Voreal Kingdom. They claim to worship Yphine, but follow their own prophet over the word of the High Priestess. This on its own would not be a problem, except that they are highly militaristic. In particular, they see something called 'the Dragon' as their great enemy." Edea shook her head, evidently ashamed and/or weary of the argument. "If that foe were the Flame, we wouldn't have a problem. The problem is that they think this foe is Tzultetep, of the Dragon Cult, who the Holy Kingdom is currently in an (albeit tense) alliance with."

"As for Panshen, I've only heard rumors of their beliefs." She shrugged. "Though I doubt anything in it is too problematic. As I said, we do not wish to destroy any 'Dragon'. Heck, part of the reason our current war started was that we refused to. If we wanted to kill all dragons we'd have to start by marching south on one of our strongest allies."

QuintonBeck
2015-03-27, 04:13 PM
Kemuliaan
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Cinera looked surprised at the appearance of silk and lustrous rubies.
"Oh my! To bring these gifts from far away lands, it is very kind." She replied.
"I will make sure you have the opportunity to give them to our Steward today. She is busy preparing for opening ceremony now. Perhaps I can give you a tour of the festivities? Your horses can be safely protected at the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran during your visit."
She thoughtfully paused.
"If it is acceptable, there is good rainbow viewing in the center of the plaza. It will be comfortable to relax after a long journey."

"That would be most pleasant my Good Knight," Imhotep smiled and swung his leg over his horse to dismount, hopping deftly to the ground beneath him.

"Lead the way, we would be most eager to enjoy ourselves before meeting with your Steward."

Aedilred
2015-03-27, 04:28 PM
The main bulk of the progress from the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea reached Uran shortly after the delegation from the Isles, their arrival signalled from some distance by the high-held banners displaying the names of the great houses who had sent individuals to attend. For those skilled in deciphering heraldry, houses from Discordia and Vennland would be noted as prominent, the two regions where horsemanship was most prized, all headed by the royal banner itself.

Perhaps an hour later, a shadow fell over the road, and a great beast descended from the skies: a mighty wyrm of golden yellow, and atop it an elf with skin as black as a Mularuhm night. Various attendants among the previous arrivals seemed to have anticipated this, and rushed out to meet him, some to bring sustenance to the dragon, and others to escort the rider into the city.

Elwyn's clothes were soaked from the journey, and he swiftly changed into a fresh set carried by the main group, before making his arrival official. By the time he emerged a small crowd had gathered to observe, and several called out to him even as others stepped aside and bowed to the king's heir and representative on this mission.

"Will you joust, lord?"

He stopped for a moment and raised a hand to quiet the queries before addressing the people. "While I should be happy to joust in honour of our hosts, I suspect they would be less enthused to see me and Lumisand enter the lists." That drew a chuckle from some.

"Are you entering the caragita again, lord?"

"No Games champion has contested the caragita more than once, and I should not wish to break that tradition. I shall leave the Games open to the athletes of today rather than try to recapture former glories."

"Who do you favour in the jousts, lord?"

He smiled and shook his head, holding up his hand again to forestall any further queries, then turned and continued on his way, followed by a small group of companions (and a larger group of retainers), who would form the ongoing party to the other cities: two men in their early thirties, their colours and age identifying them as the earl of Jatham and the heir to the earldom of Scowen, a beautiful young woman in a blue dress, with features suggesting recent ancestry both elven and Salterri, a well-dressed man and a bluish-skinned goblin in similar attire, and an elven woman with long white hair. All of them, save the young woman, the goblin and the prince, wore a blue cockade on their hat.

Prince Elwyn, heir to the kingdom
Yuli, Earl of Jatham, heir to the duchy of Vennland (35)
Dagr Escowen, heir to the earldom of Scowen (32)
Princess Ellyn, Elwyn's cousin (31)
The Aotrou a Reter of the Kornandon
Lord Luskar of Farridon (45)
Lady Mearen Salavine of the Harragildi

Both Yuli and Dagr will joust, both claiming to do so on behalf of Princess Ellyn(!) It is fine to roll just once. Military score is 2, or 4 if you're feeling generous since Elwyn is leading the delegation and is taking over as king this round :smallwink:

Morph Bark
2015-03-30, 09:54 AM
Gretä of the Dünfel
Gretä is a human-sized Dünfel, so you don't need to worry that she is too big!

I am happy to be here. Nice to see an event in the Free Cities!

"Hurry up, Malengorius, we're going to be late!" Gretä stood on top of the Dünfel lord's head and pulled at his horns in frustration. She could have decided to walk on her own, but Malengorius' steps were far bigger because he was almost ten times her size. "A festival is set on specific days, do you think they'd wait for us? Start running, you lug!"

Her time spent dead had done little to diminish Gretä's fiery spirit. If anything, her stay so close to the Lord had kindled it to burn ever greater, a fire that she had brought back with her into the world when she had been summoned from beyond the veil. As ever, she bore little sign of respect for authority, even if she truly did respect Malengorius and had respected others before him. It had only been with a lot of convincing that she had agreed to come with him to the Midsummer Knight's Festival, where the Sixth Tellurian Games would be held. She had been enraged at first, that she would not be allowed to go to the Blazing Temple! She had wanted to see what had become of Paco, Shverishti, Glamora, and the later Blazing Avatars. She had broken quite a few Dünfel toes that day.

With the sun shining upon her back, Gretä squinted her eyes. Was that the city ahead of them? She'd forgotten the exact name that the invitations had mentioned, but they'd been walking (or rather, Malengorius had been) for so long, they had to be close.

The Salterri Imperium

Eight ships had set sail from the Salterri Heartlands, four of which sailed up the river stream, leaving behind the other four in the ports of the Kingdom of Celero upon the coast. After docking, the Qzare came down from the ship riding a large, black-and-silver dragon. His guards stood by him as he surveyed the city, before he got off the dragon and greeted the Free Knights that awaited them. Several others joined him, including a pale elf whose facial features resembled the Qzare's.

A noblewoman in a modest but light dress came down from the ship, one arm locked with a man in fine silken clothes, whispering something into his ear. Countess Chen Ieki and Baron Duong Bei were the first from their families to travel this far west, but the welcome that the city showed proved inviting.

Another man rode his horse off the ship, his armour gleaming in the sun. A squire ran behind him with a helmet in her hands. The young man smirked broadly, happy to see such a colourful and vibrant city on a sunny day.

Qzare Li Gun Huang Jarrow
Imperial Prince Li Aarne Krii Valkoinen
Imperial Princess Li Fengbao
Imperial Princess Li Ellis
Countess Chen Ieki
Baron Duong Bei
Mileshi* Sun Qïng

*Mileshi is the Salterri title for a knight

Additional names (for my own use as well as others):

The Ships: QIS Nushi's Bao ("Lady's Treasure"), QIS Ortus Yang ("Rising Sun"), QIS Calligere Luna ("Clouded Moon"), QIS Bei Maremura ("Northern Seawall")
Gun Huang's dragon: Tempechi ("Storm Wings")
Aarne's dragon: Lenglander ("Cold Caper")
Fengbao's dragon: Purpuzia Crepito ("Purple Crackle")
Ellis' dragon: Ignis Cheng ("Fire Scales")

Name, gender, year of birth

Li Huanglei, M, 478
Li Hazael Toranath, M, 488 (high status, cannot move to other country)
Chen Ieki, F, 489 (high status, cannot move to other country)
Li Karthus, M, 492
Li Jianyu, M, 495
Li Quirinius, M, 495
Li Fengbao, F, 497
Li Wen, M, 498
Li Theus, M, 498
Sun Qïng, M, 498
Li Ellis, F, 500
Li Maya, F, 500

Name: Sun Qïng
Appearance: Sun Qïng is a lean young man with skin tanned by the sun. He has bright, golden eyes with an almond shape. He wears his black hair tied back into a short ponytail. He wears a red tunic with a white and yellow crescent, the symbol of his family. His armour covers his entire body and is made of brightly polished golden-coloured orichalcum. His horse Vorjuan is sturdy and coloured with white and grey splotches.
Attribute Dice: 1d12

Since Sun Qïng is a romantic, he will declare that he is fighting for Solana Fernbrake. That would make for a good story. :smallwink:

Gengy
2015-03-30, 10:58 AM
Praeclarus

Though no official delegation from Praeclarus was sent, arriving unofficially, several Makgrull have shown up from multiple places, a Malleus male and female among them.

Arriving along with Sycia, Praemonstrator T'lly and Praestes K'vfin slowly worked the crowd, smiling and laughing. Well, T'lly smiled and laughed - her bell-like giggle causing K'vfin to blush - while the Praestes kept watch. They had been busy the past few years, and only now were taking a short vacation before returning to the waters near Sycia. The creatures found there, the Praemonstrator reports, are reclusive... but not unapproachable.

From the sea, Chief Praestes U'ther arrived, along with a group of athletic looking Makgrull. They stayed near for a short while to speak with the Praemonstrator, but then with a boisterous and hearty yell, U'ther gathered his team and headed towards the Tellurian Games. They left behind a curious looking, young Makgrull, accompanied by two seasoned looking guards. The young Makgrull could not be more then fifteen summers. He was tall, but gangly, as though still not used to his own height; his skin was all white, though his eyes were a deep sea green. By the smirks and respect that the other Makgrull were paying to him, though, he must be someone important. The guards that never let him out of their sight confirmed that.

For those that had been to the Conference of the Changing Tides, they might recognize him as the son of the Sanctus Makgrull, heir apparent to the undersea nation: T'manc.

He was currently being squeezed in a tight hug and having his snout pinched by an excited Praemonstrator T'lly. Judging from the rolling of his eyes, he did not look happy about it... but also couldn't think of a way to get her to stop. Thankfully, T'lly was well known for being a social butterfly, and soon left him alone, exclaiming that she just had to find little Passiflora and Solana before running off, K'vfin nodding to the Son of the Sanctus before moving on himself to follow.

Mavella of the Malleus and her... escort... walked the land with caution. She was truely a fish out of water, in that once on land, she was entirely reliant on her male counterpart to do the walking for her. It certainly appeared practiced, however; the male Malleus moved carefully, slowly, doing it's best to only maneuver when in full view of those whom could see it coming. Mavella spoke little, deigning to smile and only converse with those who approached her. Orator G'gjin always seemed to be near by, though, if she had questions; he also forestalled and smoothed over any exclamations of surprise from those whom had not yet met the Malleus race.

In an effort to seem more friendly, the Malleus had somehow acquired a black bow tie. It was now being worn around the thick bulk of the male's body, right below his otherwise threatening looking mouth.

Praeclarus is not here officially. I can't make trades.

But Praemonstrator T'lly wouldn't miss this event. At all. It isn't in her character. Not even for Sycia. So she's here. And it seems like it's a good time to have T'manc start doing things. Another Malleus pair is here too!

T'manc is almost 15 years old this year (having been born late in 501), and is eligible for marriage, but only starting the negotiations - nothing official.

Kasanip
2015-03-30, 05:20 PM
[Uran, Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran]
Grand-Master Solana was annoyed. Of course such an important event was difficult. However some delegations were being very troublesome. Holy Kingdom of Sycia had illegally flown and brought too many members for riverboat cruise. Salterri Imperium was almost late because oversight of geography. Fortunately Queen Euco had secretly supported Passiflora and Solana's efforts. Of course there was Kingdom of the Carmine Sea to also illegally fly with dragon. Free Knights of Fernbrake almost began to shoot lightning ballistae at this. Fortunately Solana arrived to stop them. Now there was also a report about Dünfel.
"Everyone listen!" Solana ordered with frustration at the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran, to become the headquarters for festival operations.
"It is forbidden to shoot at dragons with guests! It will cause terrible trouble." She berated.
"I understand the foreigners are clueless. But you are representatives of your cities and country! Don't do stupid things! If a noble wants to hug you, let them hug you! Sometimes their cultures are different! Riding dragons is important for some of them!" She pointed at three knights.
"You will support the canal team. Hurry the cruise preparations." Two squires were addressed.
"You will support the delegations team. It seems there are some lost princes maybe in the stables. Find them."
The knights quickly left. Solana sighed.
"It seems that Praeclarus delegation arrived." A free knight remarked calmly. Solana rose sharply.
"I will go meet them. I am going to the Rainbow Plaza for opening ceremony." Quickly escape was made.

The Kingdom of the Isles
[Uran, Central Gate]
As delegation approaches the city, a Free Knight with light blue ponytail hair and youthful appearance arrived. Her white horse seemed like a shy type. She salutes and bows to the guests.
"Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Nepentha of Poa. It is my duty and honor to welcome you to our country. I will be your guide during your visit. If you have any questions, please let me know." She says with a cheerful smile.
"The opening ceremony will begin soon. Please follow me to the Rainbow Plaza!"

Kingdom of the Carmine Sea
[Uran, Central Gate]
As delegation approaches the city, a Free Knight with light blue ponytail hair and starry eyes arrived. Her white horse seemed like a bashful type. She salutes and bows to the guests.
"Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Arisa of Primula. I am happy to welcome you to our country! I will be your guide during your visit. If you have any questions, please let me know." She says with blushing smile.

The Salterri Imperium
[Dong Nam Dosi]&[Uran Canal]
As there is no harbor for this inland country, it is assumed Salterri Imperium somehow came from Kingdom of Celero and sailed across the lake to Dong Nam Dosi.
There was some confusion and surprise, however the information was quickly sent by Pegasi to the royalty of Dong Nam Dosi.
Fortunately Queen Euco of Dong Nam Dosi realized the mistake and sent information quickly to Uran while entertaining the guests until they could be sent to Verbena and to take canal to Uran. Arriving on the afternoon, it is lucky ceremony was not missed. Unfortunately such a riverboat cruise may be a little boring since it is already hastily seen.
Arriving in such a way, a Free Knight with flower headband and light green hair meets at canal.
"Welcome to the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities! Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Sarra of Verbena. I am happy to welcome you to our country! I will be your guide during your visit. We are preparing for opening ceremony now. Please follow me to the Rainbow Plaza."

Gretä of the Dünfel
[Poa, Central Gate]&[Uran, East Gate]
There is some confusion about the Dünfel. Fortunately directions are given and so they can arrive at Uran successfully. A Free Knight with shining armor and blue braided hair approached. Her horse seems like a courageous type.
"Fair skies as clear after rain." She called. "I am Cheno of Uran. I regret to inform you that we can't support Dünfel for the festival in Uran. I can escort you to Verbena for the Tellurian Games, however."

Praeclarus
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
"Welcome to the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities!" The familiar voice of Solana, to arrive with happy smile. Even though meetings at Centennial Gala and Conference of Changing Tides it was swimsuit and cloak, appearance of Solana is to wear proper knight uniform and shining armor. Somehow it is the proper and pristine appearance. However, the tired expression is always similar.
"I am happy you could come. Praemonstrator T'lly and Praestes K'vfin, it is a long time, no see. Steward Passiflora is busy preparing for the opening ceremony. She will be very happy to see you." She was prepared for hug this time.
"I see you have a young delegate, too." She said to see the Makgrull. She bowed politely. "I am Grand-Master Solana of the Order of Free Knights. Nice to meet you."

[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Many local people cheer and wave while gathering to see the Seaborne Confederation's wagon. Children dash out to retrieve gifts and triumphantly display their new treasures. Musa rode alongside with a smile and directed the wagon to the Rainbow Plaza.
Canopies decorated with vines and flowers were arranged for the viewers. Of course some special ones had been prepared for foreign delegations with banners representing their country. Fluffy desert sheep cushions with decorated sphynks style carpets decorated the ground. Such a lounge style was prepared for easy viewing. Two squires were available to bring local food and cold drinks with ice from Neu and Uzan.
"Please relax. The opening ceremony will begin soon." Musa explained politely.

[Uran, Central Gate]
Illicia politely swallowed her sigh, to realize the total number was of course eleven. These Holy Kingdom of Sycia guests seemed troublesome. Not only was the transportation dangerous and inappropriate, but the guest numbers were ignored. It was only to make an awkward situation worse. Of course, ceremony was to start soon, too.
Why don't they pay attention to rules? Is her silent wondering. She stood politely restraining her horse while delegation talked with Caercian Consortium delegation.
"Excuse me, I apologize for the interruption." She finally said. "The opening ceremony will begin soon, so I hope you will follow me?"

Kemuliaan
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Cinera led delegation to the plaza seating. Canopies decorated with vines and flowers were arranged for the viewers. Of course some special ones had been prepared for foreign delegations with banners representing their country. Fluffy desert sheep cushions with decorated sphynks style carpets decorated the ground. Such a lounge style was prepared for easy viewing. Two squires were available to bring local food and cold drinks with ice from Neu and Uzan.
"Please relax and enjoy the atmosphere." Cinera said. "I will escort your horses and then return. I believe our Steward is preparing for announcement and ceremony soon."

[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Amara looked confused and a little embarrassed. "Oh my! At the stables? The joust tournament doesn't begin for a week!" She stopped as a bell was ringing.
"We should hurry, my lord. The ceremony will begin soon." Suddenly to become more flustered. "I'm sorry. What is your name?"

Hello everyone! Thank you for attending festival! I am overwhelmed by player participation!
I will begin [Opening Ceremony] tomorrow. Of course please freely continue roleplay!

I want to try to post for Tournament on Thursday. If a character is desired to participate, please add such an information necessary for judgement. Of course please read information about joust! However, don't worry! If it isn't made, secret surprise is prepared. :smallsmile:
Because of time and difficult for judgement, I will make opposed judgements and results.

Please remember if it is desired for [riverboat cruise] or other location, please use such a [tag]. Probably there isn't enough time to show everything. However, if it is desired to learn more about Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities, please use delegation to explore or ask such a question! I will try to give such an explanation for roleplay.

HalfTangible
2015-03-30, 05:59 PM
[Uran, Central Gate]
Illicia politely swallowed her sigh, to realize the total number was of course eleven. These Holy Kingdom of Sycia guests seemed troublesome. Not only was the transportation dangerous and inappropriate, but the guest numbers were ignored. It was only to make an awkward situation worse. Of course, ceremony was to start soon, too.
Why don't they pay attention to rules? Is her silent wondering. She stood politely restraining her horse while delegation talked with Caercian Consortium delegation.
"Excuse me, I apologize for the interruption." She finally said. "The opening ceremony will begin soon, so I hope you will follow me?"
Because A) no one told me the rules until after I'd broken them B) Sycia doesn't have any other method of transport in wide usage and C) I wasn't aware that the Makgrull would be attending or that the Caercian Consortium would be following us. :smalltongue:

Edea turned to the knight and bowed. "Of course, milady, I meant no disrespect - lead on."

Gengy
2015-03-31, 11:23 AM
Praeclarus
[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
"Welcome to the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities!" The familiar voice of Solana, to arrive with happy smile. Even though meetings at Centennial Gala and Conference of Changing Tides it was swimsuit and cloak, appearance of Solana is to wear proper knight uniform and shining armor. Somehow it is the proper and pristine appearance. However, the tired expression is always similar.
"I am happy you could come. Praemonstrator T'lly and Praestes K'vfin, it is a long time, no see. Steward Passiflora is busy preparing for the opening ceremony. She will be very happy to see you." She was prepared for hug this time.
"I see you have a young delegate, too." She said to see the Makgrull. She bowed politely. "I am Grand-Master Solana of the Order of Free Knights. Nice to meet you."

"Ahoy, Solana! I see ye!" T'lly rushed over and gave the armored knight a squeeze. "And aye, this young delegate, as ye call him, is the Sanctus Makgrull's brat. T'manc, say hello, dear."

"Praemonstrator T'lly, please, I wish you wouldn't call me a brat. I am nearly fifteen." T'manc frowned, before turning his eyes towards Solana. With a crisp, practiced salute - something that looks like it was learned from the Seaborne Naval Acadmey, judging from it's positioning - T'manc stood up tall, and eyed the Free Knight respectfully. "Grand-Master. Thank you for putting up with T'lly all these years. I assure you, if you'd spent more than a day with her, she would begin to be less fun."

"Oh stop, ye are getting as bad as T'chep," T'lly snickered, still holding on to Solona.

"I consider that a compliment. Chief Orator T'chep is a very smart Makgrull," T'manc shot back.

"Don't listen to him, lass," T'lly smirked, "He's still learning to walk under Uncle Sky."

"On the contrary, Praemonstrator, I have spent a few years already with our cousins at the Naval Academy in the Seaborne Confederation. And I've just received word that I will be spending at least two years here in the Free Cities as well. Pop-pop... the Sancuts Makgrull, I mean... wants me to learn of the various cultures, first hand."

"Gee. What an excellent idea," T'lly's smirk went to being a wry smile. "Some intelligent, beautiful, and absolutely excellent Praemonstrator must have thought of it. She sounds great."

T'manc looked momentarily surprised, and then shook his head in defeat. "Well, now I know who to blame."

T'lly laughed, giving Solona one last squeeze before letting go. "And how be your dear brother doing?"

"That... I do not know." T'manc frowned again. "G'ninb has not written recently."

"Be assured I did not advise yer father on that particular school."

"No. I know that was the idea of the Sanctus alone. He believes it will not only be best for my brother, but also Telluris to see that Tzalteclan is not deserving of it's reputation."

"And what do ye think?"

"I think..." T'manc looked down upon the ground, "I think that we need to support the Sanctus."

"Aye. A diplomat we'll make of ye yet, brat." T'lly moved over and gave T'manc another hug, looking back at the Free Knight standing with them. "But enough of that. Solona, lass, explain to this poor boy about how jousting works. I bet ye can get him interested!"

DurkBlanston
2015-03-31, 06:53 PM
"Never heard that one before." Kikyo smiled anyway and her tail flicked, pleased. The cat-like ears on her head turned towards Gael. "Gael, wasn't it? Will you be staying for the games?" There was a light purr to her voice now.

"Currently? No." Edea admitted, bringing a hand to her chin in thought. She made a mental note to contact Faelthalas - perhaps they were worshipping an interpretation of Yphine as well? "Though it's certainly a possibility, Marvella does not find aggressive proselytization particularly useful or effective. We may reach out to Faelthalas, and determine if they wish to have the Doctrine within their lands. However, that will have to wait, as Sycia is rather... occupied at the moment."

"Currently, we are dealing with a schism within the Doctrine. As you noted, there is a sizeable nation beyond the ice wall that calls itself the Voreal Kingdom. They claim to worship Yphine, but follow their own prophet over the word of the High Priestess. This on its own would not be a problem, except that they are highly militaristic. In particular, they see something called 'the Dragon' as their great enemy." Edea shook her head, evidently ashamed and/or weary of the argument. "If that foe were the Flame, we wouldn't have a problem. The problem is that they think this foe is Tzultetep, of the Dragon Cult, who the Holy Kingdom is currently in an (albeit tense) alliance with."

"As for Panshen, I've only heard rumors of their beliefs." She shrugged. "Though I doubt anything in it is too problematic. As I said, we do not wish to destroy any 'Dragon'. Heck, part of the reason our current war started was that we refused to. If we wanted to kill all dragons we'd have to start by marching south on one of our strongest allies."

"If the foe were the Flame?" Gael asked, eyes narrowing suspiciously, "I had thought the Doctrine and the Temple got on well? If that's not the case any such efforts towards our friends in Faelthalas may not be so well received."

[Uran, Central Gate]

At the interjection of the Free Knight Gael and Simon both acquiesced, nodding their heads and allowing the Free Knight to lead the way.

[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
Amara looked confused and a little embarrassed. "Oh my! At the stables? The joust tournament doesn't begin for a week!" She stopped as a bell was ringing.
"We should hurry, my lord. The ceremony will begin soon." Suddenly to become more flustered. "I'm sorry. What is your name?"

As the Count and the Free Knight began to move David turned to answer her question, "Count David Benedict of the Stones, of the Protectorate of Bjurnja," he smiled briefly before returning to the task at hand.

The Free Knight and the Count arrived at the stables quickly enough and at once the presence of the Princes was apparent. Augustai, who wore a scarlet half cape around his young shoulders and Benfu, who wore a verdant green one were visible at the center of a small throng of stableboys and other young teens and children who encircled them. At David's arrival and sighting of them Barons Bran and Odovacar came hustling over.

"What's going on here?" he asked, his voice stern and commanding despite his comparative youth to the two barons.

"Your lordship, the princelings, they've taken up a sport with the common people," Bran said, glancing over his shoulder, "They've got it in their heads to try and get some of the younger kids to try and ride Wandech or Handech, they've offered a hefty purse of silver for any brat that can stay on for five minutes."

"None have yet," Odovacar added with an inebriated laugh, "But they're damn trying!"

David looked over to Amara apologetically before marching on the circle of children, admittedly he was only a few years older than some of them but a fair degree more reserved and mature than most. He pushed them aside and as they looked up and saw his stern face most of them decided it was better to get out than to stick around and see what would happen. At the center of the ring the two princes failed to notice his arrival, transfixed on a young lad of no more than 12 who was being bucked about on the blue-silver back of Wandech, Augustai's young bonded dragon. As the young Republic kid was finally bucked free and landed in the mud the royal twins began to laugh, though their amusement was cut short as David landed his hands firmly on their shoulders and spun them around. They looked up at him, startled by the older boy's appearance.

"Get Wandech and Handech, apologize to these kids, and give them the purse. You two are going back to the camp and staying there."

"You can't tell us what to do! We're the princes!" Benfu protested, wriggling beneath the Count's hand.

"I can choose how much of this I tell your father though, now go."

Benfu seemed prepared to argue some more but Augustai gave him a look that suggested they better not press the young Count.

"Barons, would you take the Princes back to camp and make sure they get comfortable there?" he addressed Bran and Odovacar who seemed to sober up at the command and both nodded, trotting over to take the Princes and their dragons and begin leading them back to the camp outside Uran.

David made his way back over to Amara, smiling again with apology, his sternness bled from him.

"Sorry about all that Madame Knight. Those two can be a spot of trouble, but they shouldn't be disturbing the festivities any more. Perhaps tomorrow they'll have straightened up a bit, I certainly can't leave them out of the river tour, but they don't know that," he laughed.

"You said there was a ceremony? Shall we head there then?"

Would you be interested in arranging a marriage between Count David and Free Knight Amara?

Name: Count David Benedict
Appearance: Young, light skinned with grey eyes and dark hair. He is well built but lithe and tends towards lighter armor. His family colors are grey and blue and his heraldry is a grey stone rising out of a blue ocean against a grey sky. His horse is Kimbel, a chocolate color and bred for swiftness and endurance over power.
Attribute Dice: d12

David will declare his joust is for Amara of Boragina

HalfTangible
2015-03-31, 09:33 PM
"If the foe were the Flame?" Gael asked, eyes narrowing suspiciously, "I had thought the Doctrine and the Temple got on well? If that's not the case any such efforts towards our friends in Faelthalas may not be so well received."

At the interjection of the Free Knight Gael and Simon both acquiesced, nodding their heads and allowing the Free Knight to lead the way. "We do, actually." Edea's eyes twinkled with amusement. "The Flame isn't the Lord of Fire - it is a primordial force of destruction and entropy. Don't worry, that mix-up happens all the time."

---

Edea found herself pondering on the architecture around her as they walked. Kikyo tried to engage Gael in small talk. The wolfborn moved as a pack.

PepperP.
2015-03-31, 09:45 PM
The Kingdom of the Isles
[Uran, Central Gate]
As delegation approaches the city, a Free Knight with light blue ponytail hair and youthful appearance arrived. Her white horse seemed like a shy type. She salutes and bows to the guests.
"Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Nepentha of Poa. It is my duty and honor to welcome you to our country. I will be your guide during your visit. If you have any questions, please let me know." She says with a cheerful smile.

Henlief stood in respectful attention as the young Knight welcomed their delegation, bowing after she had finished her introduction speech, "May I present Lady Semelea, Chief Foreign Affairs Ambassador of The Kingdom of the Isles." he presented formally, his face inscrutable as Semelea brushed past him to address the Knight brightly, "Nepentha of Poa! We are so pleased to be here, it is an honor to be welcomed into your beautiful city!" The gravely sound of Henlief clearing his throat interrupted the exchange, Semelea glanced at her guard and followed his eyes to the two Spriggan Knights who were stepping off of the wagon holding the large basket of dried fish between them. Semelea gestured to the basket, "Ah yes, we brought a gift from the Isles. A small token from our homeland for our generous hosts." She looked momentarily uncertain as Henlief glowered, still unsatisfied with their modest gift.

Kasanip
2015-04-01, 07:35 PM
Praeclarus

Solana made a rare gift for Praemonstrator T'lly and Praestes K'vfin. She laughed.
"I remember the first time I met Praemonstrator T'lly and Praestes K'vfin, at the Centennial Gala." She smiled nostalgically.
"I was the same age as T'manc. I expect I was just as nervous about a proper appearance." Was her rueful grin, to look at Praestes K'vfin.
"With age and experience I became less worried about appearance. However, maybe not. Passiflora disagrees. She is always excited about something."
"I am sure you will study very hard at one of our Prestigious Heroic Academies of Free Knights." She made an approving expression to T'manc.
"For jousting, there are many important things to learn. You will have the chance to see the tournament at Verbena. When you study here maybe you will have the chance to try. It's a very popular sport. I would be happy to introduce you to a classmate who can be a guide."

[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
"I am sorry for the trouble. I am sure the apprentices and squires were too eager. They are especially competitive." Amara apologized with embarrassed laugh.
Realizing the time, she became a little flustered.
"Oh, yes! We should hurry!" She said.
"I'm sorry to ask. It might be advisable to run. We don't have horses." Is her request with a red face.
It isn't an easy day for Amara, to meet Caercian Consortium.

I think it seems fun! because Count David Benedict will joust for Amara, such a romantic style will probably be approved! Because guides will accompany Riverboat cruise, it is a week to become a romantic story.

The Kingdom of the Isles
[Uran, Central Gate]
Nepentha's cheerful smile doesn't reduce.
"Oh my! Thank you very much! To bring such a gift from far away must have been troublesome!" She looked curiously at the fish.
"We have some river fish that are very popular, however these fish smell like salt." She explained her curious actions. "I expect they will be very popular. Perhaps during the riverboat cruise we will have the honor to eat them together." She seemed like the always happy type.

[U]Opening Ceremony

When every delegation was gathered, free knights appeared in polished armor and ranks to prepare for speech. Finally Council members appeared and crowd cheered loudly. Steward Passiflora wearing beautiful fibrous flame uniform and smiling walked to front. Crowd began to become quiet.

Steward Passiflora stepped forward to address the crowds.

"Welcome all delegations from the world! It is our honor and joy to welcome you to the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities.
We are a young nation. It is only been 50 years since we fought for our freedom. It is in memory and celebration that we have prepared for this years event.
I would like to thank all of our volunteers and staff for their chivalrous coordination across the cities of our country. I also want to remember strongly the sacrifices of our ancestors."
Passiflora paused and there is a silence of the plaza.
"To be a member of the United Free Cities is to owe many loyalties. City, Kingdom, Chivalry, Ancestors, Gods. However, I think ultimately it is the love and loyalty we share that makes us so similar. How can we be different if there are so many things we share? The Dwarves of Uzan, the Taumeria League, the Verbena League, all of the Free Cities of our valleys, the Kingdom of Dong Nam Dosi, the Sphynks of Bastet, and the Free Cities of Kanyat. The Free Knights and Hospitalers. We would like to celebrate all of our uniqueness and also our unity.
So it is my joy to announce this declaration of unity! May it be that our country forever can brilliantly flourish as skies clear after rain."
There was cheers and applause as a thousand doves were released and thousands of flower petals fluttered from the buildings around the Rainbow Plaza like a rain shower.
And then the musicians began to play a song, to be the now revealed national anthem of the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities. Passiflora began to sing, and was joined by all of the free knights. Slowly the rest of the civilians began to emotionally sing, too.

平原綾香 「Jupiter(ジュピター)」 (https://youtu.be/K7rob0JVlfE)
[U]A Free Knight's Oath
Every day I listen to my heart
That I'm not alone,
We are tied together deep within our hearts,
Distance veiled by rain and storm
like shining stars across endless time
teaches the miracle of our meeting

What can I do with these two hands?
They let me feel the pain when I reach out,
The sorrow worse than losing one's dream is to
not be able to believe in oneself

Straining our ears from the thunder
to hear the silence in our hearts
And swearing again:
I will go any distance if you call out to me,
and make your tears mine

Forged from the love of liberty
In the fires of hope and prayer
We solemnly swear
We will always stand together

Oh, Free Cities of the West,
We are none of us alone
The truth is that we are always loved
So that you live as you desire,
heading towards the brilliant future,
I'll sing eternally for you.

Such an anthem ringing and reverberating danced from the blocks around the plaza with purity and beauty. This song vibrated like falling rain and the bells and flutes of noble glass. To hold above one's head one's treasure, and proudly show it. Those are the perceptions of tones and melodies. Finishing the song, there are cheers and great excitement. Passiflora waited with smile until order restored.
"I hope that our international guests can enjoy our hospitality this week. Tonight a riverboat cruise will depart. I hope to see everyone there! Thank you!" She waved to the crowd and bowed politely. There are many cheers and shouts showing the popularity of the hospitaler Steward. Such a short speech and humility and pride is the earnest style of her people.

Only Solana and some free knights are silently annoyed because preparation for such an event was very difficult and it was quickly finished.
However, such is the unrelenting style of Steward Passiflora. Music and festival activities began again and Passiflora and Free Knights intermingled with crowds.

Hello, everyone!

Because school suddenly began, somehow became rushed.
I will try to make Jousting Tournament post tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble! :smallredface:

DurkBlanston
2015-04-02, 03:32 PM
"We do, actually." Edea's eyes twinkled with amusement. "The Flame isn't the Lord of Fire - it is a primordial force of destruction and entropy. Don't worry, that mix-up happens all the time."

---

Edea found herself pondering on the architecture around her as they walked. Kikyo tried to engage Gael in small talk. The wolfborn moved as a pack.

"Hmm," Simon nodded, eyeing the Priestess a bit suspiciously, "Very good then."

He had spent not an insignificant portion of his years studying theology and he had read of the Doctrine and its appeasements made for political capital with Tzeltulep and with Ashenia. The Priestess certainly seemed to confirm the Doctrine as a political tool in the northeast's arsenal.

"You can create ice?" Gael asked Kikyo as they walked, "I'd been given to understand only the High Priestess could do that?"

[Uran, Rainbow Plaza]
"I am sorry for the trouble. I am sure the apprentices and squires were too eager. They are especially competitive." Amara apologized with embarrassed laugh.
Realizing the time, she became a little flustered.
"Oh, yes! We should hurry!" She said.
"I'm sorry to ask. It might be advisable to run. We don't have horses." Is her request with a red face.
It isn't an easy day for Amara, to meet Caercian Consortium.

I think it seems fun! because Count David Benedict will joust for Amara, such a romantic style will probably be approved! Because guides will accompany Riverboat cruise, it is a week to become a romantic story.

David grinned at the Free Knight, "Are you proposing a race?" he asked before taking off running back towards the main promenade.

Very cool! I'm going to add it to my actions so it's in before round closure. Look forward to RPing it out!

HalfTangible
2015-04-02, 04:52 PM
"Hmm," Simon nodded, eyeing the Priestess a bit suspiciously, "Very good then."

He had spent not an insignificant portion of his years studying theology and he had read of the Doctrine and its appeasements made for political capital with Tzeltulep and with Ashenia. The Priestess certainly seemed to confirm the Doctrine as a political tool in the northeast's arsenal.

"You can create ice?" Gael asked Kikyo as they walked, "I'd been given to understand only the High Priestess could do that?"

Edea cocked an eyebrow. "You don't seem convinced, Simon." She sounded amused.

"She used to be - Cryomancy is only a recent thing in our lands. Within the last decade or so." Kikyo waved her hand a bit, and the air around Gael chilled just a little. "The High Priestess is the only one of us who can make True Ice with her spells, and she can make herself into True Ice as well. But recently, many catfolk are being born with the power to create and control our own ice."

Kasanip
2015-04-02, 11:14 PM
Jousting Tournament (https://youtu.be/6AM0GEd9lSs)
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/9A0E58EB902390A676FE65D75C0F_zpsfcf81b82.pnghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/56FD969B885B751F51759A0E58EB56E35C0F_zps7bad8ca5.p nghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/30B930D530A330F330AF30B9306E65D75C0F_zps09804f21.p nghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/745E769076FE65D75C0F_zps18e4b83a.pnghttp://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/30AB30CB30E330C465D75C0F_zps9433d268.png
Year: 516

Verbena
New City of Doves

Excitement and noise is the aspiring of powerful trumpets. To echo from every wall are cheers of support and rally. The feelings of expectations and hopes with pride and thrill is mixed with the smell of the dew and flower fragrances in Verbena.

From the end of riverboat cruise and festival experiences, the colorful flags and banners of this city maybe outperform the similar seas of flowers. The preparations for jousting tournament are feverishly prepared, even though tourists and guests from other cities continue to arrive during night. Free Knights who prepare with prayers and blessings. Knights who prepare athletically. Knights who prepare gossiping. With international guests, it is even more excitement.

Fresh smells of food and bakery goods reflect popular Guilder cakes and Ashenia teas, to be favorites at such times. Improved as masterpieces, such a gluttony can only be described as festival atmosphere. Of course famous doves are always present, to attempt stealing food, although valiant Sphynks combat such a style with great aplomb. Even though such a high tension pace, enjoyment of weather and rainbows continues.
Reflection of rainbow on polished armor is the most beautiful design, and the squires and young free knights have such a childish competition of beauty with this style.

Straining to see the competitors roster, such are the crowds around the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Verbena.

Competitors Roster
Cinera of Maranta (17), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Kemuliaan!
"I will enter the competition for the honor of Kemuliaan." Cinera explained to the Kemuliaan delegation. "Although there are not Kemuliaan knights to compete, I will protect the honor of your city with my performance!" She attached another fibrous flame ribbon to her hair. "If I win, I will burn these ribbons at the shrine. It shows my commitment to oaths." She explained. "However, don't worry! Competition is my blood type!"

Illicia of Neu (16), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Holy Kingdom of Sycia!
"I will do my best to protect the honor of your country!" Illicia seriously said to Head Priestess Edea. As expected of Neu straitlaced types. After a week together, it seemed she was still earnest and easy to read."I understand the Holy Kingdom of Sycia's Pegasus Knights are very famous. I will hopefully begin as pegasus knight cadet next year. Therefore, I hope I will not disappoint with my showing today!"

Count David Benedict of The Caercian Consortium (19), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Amara of Boragina!
Amara tied a white ribbon around right arm of Count David Benedict. "I can serve as your squire, if you would like. Truthfully, I was going to defend the honor of your country by jousting. However, I'm very happy to cheer for you. Please do your best!" It can be noticed that her fibrous flame uniform today is not Boragina colors. Instead, it is a certain blue and gray colors.

Musa of Capsella (18), who chivalrously fights for the honor of The Seaborne Confederation!
"Do not worry! I will honorably defend The Seaborne Confederation's honor in this tournament! It's a knight's joy to help." Musa said with confident smile. Her black armor shines with polish. Probably she had prepared until late last night for this moment.

Sir Dexan of The Kingdom of the Isles, who chivalrously fights for the honor of Rhenne!
"If you need any help, I can serve as your squire." Nepentha offered politely. "However, I mean no offense, Sir Nevel." She quickly explained. "I am excited to see foreign knights joust today! It's the first time we have had this honor." She explained to the delegation. "Oh! Especially please be careful when to joust Cinera of Maranta, however. She is a League of Verbena Free Knight, like me. She is the best of our class at jousting. Furthermore, her grandmother was Astera of Maranta! She is the legendary Caragita champion, to show our Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities as #4 of the Third Tellurian Games of 467! I think she will represent the Kemuliaan delegation."

Yuli (35) & Dagr Escowen (32) of The Kingdom of the Carmine Sea, who chivalrously fights for the honor of Princess Ellyn!

Arisa seemed exasperated between the competing delegation members.
"I'm sorry, but there is not enough space for two competitors. Please decide who will joust." She worriedly listened for the bells for the time.
"Perhaps if you just make the tilt against each other? I promise I will judge fairly!"

(OOC: Sorry, rule was only one participant is allowed. Please decide who is the participant!)

Sun Qïng (18) of The Salterri Imperium, who chivalrously fights for the honor of Solana of Fernbrake!
Passiflora's smug and cat-like expression of course was present.
"Oh, Solana!" It is singsong tone.
"No, Passiflora." The headache can be heard with Solana's discomfort.
"The young chivalrous Sun Qïng is quite impressive!"
"He is skilled."
"Ho ho!" It is the annoying singsong tone.
"Don't say stupid things Passiflora!"
"You should reward him for his chivalry. It's only appropriate!"
"Shut up, Passiflora!"
"At this speed, you'll never be married!"
"Shut up!"
"Do you know what the gossip is with our alumni friends?"
"Passiflora!"
Such is the squabbling of an embarrassed Grand-Master and Steward together.

~*~

Sarra of Verbena stood at attention.
"Mileshi Sun Qïng, if you need, I can serve as squire for you!" She earnestly offers. "Truthfully, I was willing to represent your honorable country if necessary." She paused. "Even though you will joust against my League of Verbena comrades, I will cheer for you!"

Cheno of Uran (18), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Dünfel!

"I understand it is not the fault of Dünfel to be unable to compete. However, I will defend your people's honor in this competition!" It is Cheno of Uran's respectful announcement to Dünfel delegation.

Irida of Rubia (15), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Praeclarus!

Solana had introduced a youthful Free Knight with wavy blue hair and sea-green uniform to Praeclarus delegation in Uran.
"This is Irida of Rubia. She is attending the Prestigious Heroic Academy of Free Knights of Uran. She is the same age. I think you might be able to become friends. At least, she will serve as your delegation's guide this week."
Irida nodded. "Of course, Grand-Master!" She looked to T'manc with warm smile. "I am Irida of Rubia. Nice to meet you!"
"She is probably the best swimmer of our youthful Free Knights." Solana explained. Irida politely laughed.
"I am not as good as a Makgrull, I think." She humbly denied. "Ahoy!" It was clumsy pronunciation of Makgrull, but she tried such a greeting to T'manc.

~*~

Preparing for jousting, Irida smiled and showed the equipment to T'manc as preparing. Her armor had many lily designs, however this time her fibrous flame uniform was Praeclarus colors.
"It will be difficult to joust against so many seniors. However, I am happy to defend the honor of Praeclarus this time! I promise to do my best." She touched her chin. Maybe next time you will be able to compete!"

Yfa Binah Ein of Bastet (22), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Sphynks!

Yfa Da'at Zwei of Kanyat (21), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Sphynks!

Marduk of Duchy of Uzan (54), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Tae of Uzan!

Lilia of Uran (19), who chivalrously fights for the honor of League of Taumeria!

Ranun of Verbena (24), who chivalrously fights for the honor of League of Verbena!

Lawrence of Campanula (22), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Free Valley Cities!

Reine of Dong-Nam-Dosi (15), who chivalrously fights for the honor of Queen Euco!
Competitor from Dong-Nam-Dosi hid youthful features under dark armor. However, when it was announced the competitor, it was realized it is the daughter of Queen Euco and Wangja Heyeon of Dong-Nam-Dosi! With the name of former Steward Euco's mother, and former Grand-Master Reine, there is suddenly a lot of anticipation of her strong performance.
She seems like a child burdened of history, however she chivalrously announces herself!

Aedilred
2015-04-02, 11:52 PM
Yuli (35) & Dagr Escowen (32) of The Kingdom of the Carmine Sea, who chivalrously fights for the honor of Princess Ellyn!

Arisa seemed exasperated between the competing delegation members.
"I'm sorry, but there is not enough space for two competitors. Please decide who will joust." She worriedly listened for the bells for the time.
"Perhaps if you just make the tilt against each other? I promise I will judge fairly!"

(OOC: Sorry, rule was only one participant is allowed. Please decide who is the participant!)

Yuli began to gesture in exasperation to the heraldry of the jostling knights from the Chivalric Republic, several of whom it seemed had been permitted entry, only for him to be refused having travelled halfway round the world. He held his tongue, however, as if deciding that expressing his annoyance would not be very chivalric, and would moreover look bad in front of the princess.

He and Dagr faced off in three turns, and though Dagr rode well the result was never truly in doubt. The Jattens were the best horsemen in the kingdom (whatever the Discordians might say) and took the first pass on points before a resounding victory in the second. On the third both riders refused, trotting past each other with raised lances.

Although Yuli went on to represent the kingdom in the main tounament - and reprised his excellent performance in his first bout against the Sycians before being eliminated after an initial tie with the Kanyat knight - some say it was Dagr who was the true beneficiary, for he was able to take a seat beside Princess Ellyn during the remainder of the joust.

Kasanip
2015-04-03, 12:31 AM
Tournament Results

Qualifying Rounds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053529&postcount=678)
Quarterfinal Rounds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053714&postcount=682)
Semifinal Rounds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053746&postcount=683)
Finals Rounds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053808&postcount=687)

Group 1

Kemuliaan
The Kingdom of the Isles

Praeclarus
Dong-Nam-Dosi

Group 2

Holy Kingdom of Sycia
The Kingdom of the Carmine Sea

League of Taumeria
Kanyat

Group 3

The Caercian Consortium
The Salterri Imperium

League of Verbena
Duchy of Uzan

Group 4

Dünfel

Free Valley Cities
Bastet

Group East

Group 1 #1
Kingdom of the Isles
VS
Group 2 #2
Kanyat

Group 2 #1
League of Taumeria
VS
Group 1 #2
Dong-Nam-Dosi

Group West

Group 3 #1
The Salterri Imperium
VS
Group 4 #2
Dünfel

Group 4 #1
Bastet
VS
Group 3 #2
Duchy of Uzan

Group East

Kanyat
VS
Dong-Nam-Dosi

Group West

Dünfel
VS
Bastet

Finals Round

Kanyat
VS
Bastet

3rd Place Decision Match

Dong-Nam-Dosi
VS
Dünfel

Qualifying Rounds Special Tiebreaker 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053624&postcount=679)
Kemuliaan VS Praeclarus
Reason: Praeclarus victory can prevent Kemuliaan to join tiebreaker round for advance!
The Kingdom of the Carmine Sea VS Kanyat
Reason: It is necessary to determine who can advance! Winner must rematch League of Taumeria for position.

Qualifying Rounds Special Tiebreaker 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053652&postcount=680)
Kemuliaan VS The Kingdom of the Isles
Kemuliaan VS Dong-Nam-Dosi
The Kingdom of the Isles VS Dong-Nam-Dosi
Reason: Kemuliaan, Kingdom of the Isles and Dong-Nam-Dosi are 3-way tie! Only 2 can advance!
League of Taumeria VS Kanyat
Reason: To determine position! Who can be the best position?

Qualifying Rounds Special Tiebreaker 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053668&postcount=681)
Kemuliaan VS The Kingdom of the Isles
Kemuliaan VS Dong-Nam-Dosi
The Kingdom of the Isles VS Dong-Nam-Dosi
Reason: Again tie! Kemuliaan, Kingdom of the Isles and Dong-Nam-Dosi are 3-way tie! Only 2 can advance!

Semifinal Rounds Special Tiebreaker 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053763&postcount=685)
Kanyat VS Dong-Nam-Dosi
Reason: It is necessary to determine who can advance! Winner must fight Bastet for Finals Round. Loser must fight Dünfel to determine 3rd.

Semifinal Rounds Special Tiebreaker 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19053776&postcount=686)
Kanyat VS Dong-Nam-Dosi
Reason: Again tie! It is necessary to determine who can advance! Winner must fight Bastet for Finals Round. Loser must fight Dünfel to determine 3rd.

Morph Bark
2015-04-03, 08:23 PM
The Salterri Imperium
[Dong Nam Dosi]&
As there is no harbor for this inland country, it is assumed Salterri Imperium somehow came from Kingdom of Celero and sailed across the lake to Dong Nam Dosi.
There was some confusion and surprise, however the information was quickly sent by Pegasi to the royalty of Dong Nam Dosi.
Fortunately Queen Euco of Dong Nam Dosi realized the mistake and sent information quickly to Uran while entertaining the guests until they could be sent to Verbena and to take canal to Uran. Arriving on the afternoon, it is lucky ceremony was not missed. Unfortunately such a riverboat cruise may be a little boring since it is already hastily seen.
Arriving in such a way, a Free Knight with flower headband and light green hair meets at canal.
"Welcome to the Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities! Fair skies as clear after rain! I am Sarra of Verbena. I am happy to welcome you to our country! I will be your guide during your visit. We are preparing for opening ceremony now. Please follow me to the Rainbow Plaza."

The captain of the Nushi's Bao was scolded for having led them to the wrong location, but after it was explained that there had been an error, he was forgiven. The Salterri more than ever realized that they needed to acquire maps of other regions in the world, it would not do to only focus on their own country. Arriving at the Uran Canal, Qzare Gun Huang inclined his head lightly in greeting to the Free Knight with the flower headband. "Thank you for your hospitality, Sarra of Verbena," he spoke formally. Beside him, princesses Fengbao and Ellis bowed, but their expressions were cheerful. They were excited for the festival and to meet people from so far away. They looked around as they walked through the city with open mouths. It looked so different from the city of Xianzhi Urbe! The capital of the Salterri Heartlands was large, with many people living there, which made the city sometimes more cramped and dirty. Uran looked more clean like the prettier parts of Xianzhi Urbe, but with an architectual style that was different. They wondered what the other cities looked like.

Aarne also bowed before the Free Knight with the flower headband. "We brought with us a gift of tea." He told her, holding up a box with various teas from the region of Salteire. "We had heard the people of the Free Cities like it a lot, so we thought to bring some as a gift, and discuss trade of tea with your Steward."

Sun Qïng (18) of [U]The Salterri Imperium, who chivalrously fights for the honor of Solana of Fernbrake!
Passiflora's smug and cat-like expression of course was present.
"Oh, Solana!" It is singsong tone.
"No, Passiflora." The headache can be heard with Solana's discomfort.
"The young chivalrous Sun Qïng is quite impressive!"
"He is skilled."
"Ho ho!" It is the annoying singsong tone.
"Don't say stupid things Passiflora!"
"You should reward him for his chivalry. It's only appropriate!"
"Shut up, Passiflora!"
"At this speed, you'll never be married!"
"Shut up!"
"Do you know what the gossip is with our alumni friends?"
"Passiflora!"
Such is the squabbling of an embarrassed Grand-Master and Steward together.

~*~

Sarra of Verbena stood at attention.
"Mileshi Sun Qïng, if you need, I can serve as squire for you!" She earnestly offers. "Truthfully, I was willing to represent your honorable country if necessary." She paused. "Even though you will joust against my League of Verbena comrades, I will cheer for you!"

Qïng bowed before Sarra. "I thank you, Sarra of Verbena! It would be an honour to have you as my squire." He smiled at her. "Thank you for cheering!"

Sun Qïng had to face Count David Benedict of the Caercian Consortium first. He'd heard of his House before, the counts of the Stones of Bjurnja, but not of David himself. It would be interesting to test the skills of another skilled rider from the Imperium. While seated in the saddle, he raised his hand at Count David on the other end of the jousting range. "Fortitudo Oneratur!" He shouted as a greeting of honour. He hoped he'd gotten the phrase correctly. He looked at where he'd been told Steward Passiflora and Grand-Master Solana would be, and he smiled, knowing who was watching. He saluted briefly, and then he and his horse began the run down the jousting field.

After their joust, he came by David again. "Honour to House Benedict! I admit, it must have been beginner's luck on my part. Let us do our best to knock all the others out of the saddle, shall we?"

Next, he faced Ranun of Verbena. Qïng held up his helmet as a greeting before the joust began. Before he put his helmet on, he looked at the stands and saluted again, now with his face visible. He put his helmet on with a smile and the joust began.

After their joust, Qïng walked to Ranun and bowed. "Thank you for jousting against me. Sarra, who squired for me, told me of the valiant knights of Verbena. It is an honour to have faced you in the joust!"

His final opponent for the preliminary rounds was Marduk of the Duchy of Uzan. Sun Qïng was intrigued to see a dwarf riding a horse, but he knew Marduk had defeated Count David. He was a formidable opponent for his size. Qïng held his helmet under his arm and once again looked at Solana. If he won this joust, he would have a good chance of going far in the tournament. It gave him confidence to see the Grand-Master watching the jousts so closely. Qïng bowed his head and focused. He wanted to win and prove himself worthy of the title of knight, and to show Solana and the other Free Knights he was just as good as them at jousting. He placed one hand on his heart and once again saluted in the direction of Steward Passiflora and Grand-Master Solana. The young knight turned to face Marduk and contained his excitement. He recalled a dwarven battlecry, and decided to use it. "Sun Qïng ai-mênu!" He shouted as his horse began to gallop.

His third win behind him, Qïng felt invincible. He couldn't find Marduk after their joust, but was too elated to think much about it. He felt like he would win the tournament at this rate! Then it came up that he would be jousting against someone representing the Dünfel.

"What?!" Was his first reaction. He would be jousting against a demon! That would be very exciting, but maybe more exciting than he could handle. He was a knight, but he was young. He was strong, but still inexperienced. Qïng had felt invincible after winning three times, but thinking about facing a demon was a challenge for his courage. He was so shocked that he forgot to listen to the name of who was actually his opponent.

He arrived on the jousting field early, and he swallowed nervously. He didn't look in Solana's direction yet, afraid she would see his hesitation. Qïng took a few deep breaths. "Sarra, thank you for squiring for me," he thanked the female knight who had helped him well so far. He smiled kindly. "I would be honoured to joust against you in the future." His words almost had a dramatic sense of finality to them, but Qïng had always read a few too many stories as a child. He straightened himself in his saddle and readied his shield. He said a prayer to the Silver Lady, hoping she would give him strength. "Vorjuan," he then spoke to his horse, "we assured our place in the first round, but now we will prove we shine even brighter." He looked at the crowd around him and finally dared to look at Solana. He deciding that, if he had to go, he would go out in style. Daring to be a little cheeky, Qïng pressed two fingers to his lips, and blew a kiss at Solana.

"Today, I shall become a heroic knight, and defeat a demon!" He declared. When he readied himself to begin the joust, he was surprised to suddenly see another knight on the other end of the jousting field. "Ah! Another knight?" Qïng muttered to himself. It was then that his confusion became readily apparent to him, and he thought he had been very silly to think he would actually joust against a Dünfel. He laughed about himself a little, but got ready for the joust quickly.

He lost. It was a black spot on Sun Qïng's pride, but he was happy he had gotten so far and show his skill to the knights of the Free Cities. It was somewhat sad that he would likely not see the Free Cities again in his life, unless he would get to come along with the royal delegation to another event like this. Wistfully, he thought about the wonderful things he would surely miss here in the Free Cities. The food, the cheerful atmosphere, the stern but beautiful people.