PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help Optimize Me a Bugbear Gun Tank!

dascarletm
2015-03-24, 04:56 PM
Alright. DnD meets spaghetti western.

Bugbear gun tank. Uses a shotgun primarily or a machete/spiked gauntlet when feeling rowdy.

So far I've picked up deadly aim for my first level feat for when I use slug ammunition.

We are using the suggestion from this (third post) (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mc74?Bugbear-as-a-character) for the race stats.

25 pb, I've got:
Str 16
Dex 18
Con 18
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 6

Planned Feats:
1. Deadly Aim
3. Point Blank Shot
5. Rapid Reload
7. Rapid Shot
9. Weapon Focus (Shotgun)
11. Snap Shot
13. Signature Deed (Dead Shot)?
15. Named Bullet?
17. Extra Grit?
19. ???

Given the parameters of gun tank, bugbear, and I've already took deadly aim... what would you suggest to make this guy a powerhouse?

Basically I want to walk into a tavern/bank and be an unstoppable shotgun using juggernaut. I'm fine with multiclassing but I've already took my first level.

(the only other player is a mysterious stranger dual-revolver user.)

avr
2015-03-24, 07:07 PM
Since even the 'advanced' PF shotguns only hold 1-2 shots you're going to want rapid reload. Before you get rapid shot, anyway.

IZ42
2015-03-24, 07:44 PM
Seconded the Rapid Reload suggestion. Despite the relative meh-ness of the feat, Point-Blank Shot provides an actual bonus to you, as your first range increment is below 30' most likely, and affects scatter shot as well, meaning an effective +1 to your weapon for a feat.

dascarletm
2015-03-25, 11:04 AM
I'll switch those around. Looking at shotguns, yeah rapid reload would be a must. Is there any good high level feats for this concept.

Also thanks for the suggestions.