PDA

View Full Version : Chidren of Men.

Eladrinstar
2007-04-11, 02:01 PM
This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I simply love everything, the plot, the setting, the themes, the half hour long shot of the final battle.

Samiam303
2007-04-11, 02:17 PM
I think there's already a thread on it... You might wanna do a search.

But on-topic, I'll agree that it was a REALLY GOOD movie.

Indurain
2007-04-11, 02:19 PM
Best (modern) movie I've seen in nearly 10 years. Though you forgot to mention the acting. Clive Owen is awesome, as is Julianne Moore, but Michael Caine takes the cake.

Incredibly unique and innovative use of the camera, taking you deeper into the character than I can recall any other movie doing.

Add in an incredible soundtrack, and all the things you mentioned in your post and you have a true masterpiece of a movie.

Mr._Blinky
2007-04-11, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I posted a thread on it a few months back, after it came out in theaters here in the States. I'll try to find a link to the old thread.

Mattaeu
2007-04-11, 07:56 PM
I rented it, but with a very cynical mood heading in; the telly had some ridiculous quote about 'IT"S THIS GENERATION"S BLADE RUNNER'. I mean, you can't just go about throwing the glory that is Blade Runner around, but mostly it was my "WTF? Blade Runner was about being human. There gonna be robots in this movie?"

However, my mind completely changed when she gets shot in the car and dies.
That moment, I was like, Hell Yes, finally a movie that's not afraid to get into the setting. ie hopeless, dangerous, &c.

Cyrano
2007-04-11, 08:02 PM
Ah yes, ze childrens. Zey are ze cause off all ze vorlds problems.

Anyway, I loved this movie so gosh darn hard. It was like, say, what would happen if you took the Fantastic Four, removed the superheroes, timesed the action by an unlimited amount, gave it a plot, and added Michael Caine. Actually, it has nothing to do with the Fantastic Four. It just rocks (which FF DOESN'T.)
Best movie evaaaaaaaaaar. Srsly, though, like, dudes, Jasper rocks so hard. Hard enough for me to say srsly.

Nebo_
2007-04-11, 10:20 PM
Was it just me or did that last battle scene remind anyone else of Half-Life 2?

twerk_face
2007-04-11, 10:42 PM
Dunno, havnt played it yet, been meaning to pick it up (and will once i get my computer : P ) But this is the best movie i have ever seen in theatres. Everything has been said tho. Mainly in the other thread. lol. SO AMAZING. Words just cannot describe.

Minty
2007-04-12, 09:48 PM
Was it just me or did that last battle scene remind anyone else of Half-Life 2?

It was just an urban guerilla warfare scene. Made me think of Chechnya.

I'm not often moved by a film, but Children of Men was just intense. I think it being set in England (and me being English) had a lot to do with it. The opening scene, set in a decaying Fleet Street with piles of refuse sacks and tuk-tuks along with the red buses and a branch of WH Smith, made it seem far more real than if it had been yet another apocalyptic Manhattan.