PDA

View Full Version : Making sure not to run afoul of the advertising rule

Mystic Muse
2015-03-24, 11:32 PM
I'm looking to get a piece of artwork commissioned, and was going to make a thread in the arts/crafts forum. However, I did not want to run afoul of the rule on advertising. This would specifically be me looking for another artist to do artwork for me in exchange for money, not me advertising anything myself. I thought this might run afoul of that rule however, and would prefer avoiding any trouble. I just have something specific in mind, and no real idea of where to get it done. This place has been fairly good for many other queries I've had in the past, so I was hoping it would be able to help again.

If this is not allowed however, naturally I won't. I just wanted to be sure.

Roland St. Jude
2015-03-24, 11:52 PM
Sheriff: Don't engage in commercial transactions here, which includes offering to hire someone for something or offering to work for hire.

But you could certainly ask where to look for artists who do custom work. If you want to commission X and want to know where to find people who will do that, it seems like Playgrounders could point you in the right direction without violating the Forum Rules.

Just avoid any "wink wink nudge nudge" transactions or doing over PM what you can't post openly. (The rules apply in PMs, too.)

Hopefully there's enough leeway there for you to find what you're looking for.