PDA

View Full Version : Church of the Seed II

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 03:44 PM
It looks innocent enough from the outside, like any other temple underfunded and overshadowed by those of Inari or Dyrr. The inside is nicely decorated, if a little underlit, and there seems to be a distinct ambience of silent faith about in the room. Two men both robed in black garments, hoods obscuring their face, stand at attention at each door. They cheerfully greet any visitors who happen upon the small temple.

In the center of the building, a congregation is taking place. Various nameless, faceless people sit in the pews, listening intently to the man at the altar, his face covered similarly by robes, only his are purple in color and have ornate gold patterns and inlay running throughout it. Aside from his soft voice, there is no noise in the room.

Once inside the building, there are three routes you can take; The Congregation Room is the center, "Assimilation Quarters" to the left, and "The Purification Room" to the right.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-11, 03:50 PM
((Aw man, you didn't pull off whatever big thing you wanted to do in the first thread...c'mon...I wanna see!))

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 03:54 PM
The wound in his shoulder closes, and Jacky laughs that disturbing laugh again. "Listen, plant-man, I don't think you know who you're talkin' to! I ain't that sniveling little p**** anymore! I'm Jacky Knives! I'm the Barrens Butcher!" He reaches down to pull his knives from their sheaths...

... only to find that they aren't there. "Rassa-frassa little mumble grumble lost my knives..." He looks up and smiles another horrible smile. "Ain't no problem. Bet you ain't seen this before!" He lifts his right hand to his mouth and, still grinning wickedly, takes a bite out of his palm. He spits the gobbet of meat to the ground and concentrates.

Blood pours from the wound but does not drip from his hand. Instead, it begins to shape itself. Within moments Jacky grips (in a healed right hand) a long, wavy dagger apparently made of dark red crystal. He spins it in his hand. "Heh. I wasn't sure that that would work." He charges at Lues, blade at the ready.

((I'll admit it. I think that that's just about the coolest weapon-creation sequence I've ever written.))

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-04-11, 03:56 PM
(( Never Mind))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 03:58 PM
((Not a good time, leather book wizard))

Lues thrusts a hand out, having more than enough time as Jacky charges from the other side of the room. Deciding to drop all cover, two barbed vines snake out of Lues' sleeves and, as they pass his hand, begin wrapping around each other, terminating a good foot away from the Father's fingers, creating a makeshift dagger.

"I detest fighting, Jacky Knives, but don't think I won't." He says, waiting for the murderer to draw closer.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 03:59 PM
Mneme throws out a small volley of vines of her own from the palms of her hands, trying to wrap around Jack's arm to stop him from charging at Lues, "Jack, stop!" It is obvious she has no idea what is happening, only that Jack is on the offensive and Lues on the defensive.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 04:01 PM
Jacky skids to a halt and begins circling around Lues, a maneuver he learned from his time in the gangs. "I wonder," he says. "Do plant-people bleed blood... or sap?"

Then, much to his surprise, his knife-arm is bound by Mneme's vines.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-11, 04:02 PM
((Doesn't Lues bleed water?))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 04:03 PM
((Yes.))

Lues hopes his distraction worked as he concentrates for a second, trying to send Jacky to the ground with the jolting pain he is sending to the plant still in his neck.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 04:04 PM
"Jack, what are you doing?!" Once again she raises her voice, pitifully not matching a yelling level though. The leaves in her hair are held back in a tense position.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 04:18 PM
Jacky arches his back as pain roars through the plant in his neck. "Ooooo-kay. This has got to stop!" Screwing his courage, Jacky moves his left hand to the back of his neck, digs his fingers in, and tears the plant from his body.

And instantly goes limp as a rag, as some of the plant had been attached to his spine.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 04:19 PM
"Holy shiite!" Kakos shouts as Jacky hits the floor. None of them were quite expecting that. Several acolytes rush over to him and inspect his body.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 04:20 PM
Dall appears next to Mneme wow what happened he says in a low voice.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 04:22 PM
Ignoring Dall in her haste, Mneme runs over to him, too, the vines receding back into her palms as she does, more than likely reaching Jack/y before several of the acolytes. She attempts to put one hand on his shoulder and the other on the side of his face, "Jack, what did you do?!"

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 04:25 PM
Jacky opens his eyes. "Gotcha," he says. He grabs at Mneme and leaps to his feet, trying to pull her close to him. If he succeeds, he will place the point of his knife at the hollow of her throat.

The wound in his neck heals closed.

((Please?))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 04:27 PM
Dall blinks (if jacky is successful: if not he sighs)

NecroPaladin
2007-04-11, 04:28 PM
((Sophistemon...nice.))

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 04:29 PM
((Sophistemon...nice.))
((What's the point of having a crazed, blood-thirsty madman without a hostage situation?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 04:32 PM
Mneme lets out a slight cry of terrified surprise as he gets ahold of her. She begins to try and struggle loose, "Please, let go of me!" Her hands scramble for the arm with the knife as a panic starts to rise in her mind. It takes a lot of mental energy to hold it in check.

((Rather what I expected. Good. Just be careful... she's got a surprise or two of her own.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 04:36 PM
Kakos, in a fit of panic, doesn't think as he jumps at Jacky, attempting to tackle him.

"No!" Lues shouts as he tries to intercept the situation to no avail.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 04:38 PM
Dall attempts to hit Kakos with a Eldritch blast yelling no as well

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 04:39 PM
((Kakos is like, right next to Jacky, so I doubt that'd work.))

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 04:40 PM
Jacky moves himself (and his hostage) out of the way of Kakos' lunge and so that they face Lues. "Well," he says. "That takes care of that thing in my neck, doesn't it?" And then he laughs. He looks down at Mneme and leans in to whisper in her ear. "You know, the other me had quite the crush on you, little lady."

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 04:41 PM
(meh have it your way, if you want the "spell" to miss it will miss)
Dall's eye twitches, violently, very violently

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 04:42 PM
"I swear to god, Jacky Knives, if you don't release her right now then I am going to personally flay you down into a skeleton and crush the bones into powder." Lues says, all manner of humbleness, politeness, any inkling of the former Father gone. It seems as if he begins growing taller as more vines slither out of his sleeves.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 04:47 PM
Mneme takes in Jacky's words, still clinging desperately to his arm. She finally begins to realize somewhat of what is going on and in barely more than a whisper speaks, "Jack is... who are you?..." She thinks over some of her memories stores, trying to find something that matches.

((Aw.. I didn't know Lues sort of cared. I figured he was just being nice to her to keep his cover.))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 04:49 PM
Small jets of flame shoot out of Dall's hands as the internal battle rages.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 04:56 PM
"The name's Jacky, babe. Don't forget it." He looks up at Lues. "You can do all of that, Lues, and more. It won't do a thing. I've had my blood boiled, veins split... I've even been reduced to atoms. I heal, Lues. I don't die!" His eyes narrow. "Do you know what that means, Lues?" He leans his face next to Mneme's again and slowly, lightly, licks her along the curve of her earlobe. "Mmm..." He looks up again. "It means that I can do whatever I want."

He smiles. "And there's nothing anyone can do about it."

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 04:59 PM
a large and very hot flame singes the floor as the battle between persona continues

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 05:03 PM
Mneme starts to tremble as he does so, the leaves of her hair doing the same with a light rustling. Her fingers grip a little harder into his arm and she turns her face away as best she can, "Please, stop..." She doesn't finish with saying that she doesn't want to hurt him, but she is not even sure that she can with his regenerative abilities.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 05:18 PM
"Please stop," he says, with a high, false voice. Then he laughs. "Man, it's like a broken record in here. What with you complaining and him in the back of my head just going 'no, no, no' I can barely hear myself think." He moves the dagger a fraction of a fraction of an inch, to remind her that it's there. "And don't forget, babe. I tell you what to do. Not the other way around." He chuckles. "Ooo, he didn't like me saying that."

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 05:22 PM
Jack forget the girl and let us settle this like men Dall says in a voice quite unlike his own but if one concentrates hard they can here his normal voice in the background

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 05:26 PM
((sorry guys, I've been kicked off my comp and am using a crappy lptop right now with 4/5 of the keys scratched off, so....yeah))

A very uncharacteristic glint catches Lues' eye as he takes a step forward.

"You heal, hmm?" He says, is voice deeper than normal, "Then I suppose I'll just have to do it over and over and over and over until the end of time." The vines dancing around hime begin a slow dance toward's Jacky's direction.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 05:27 PM
She tenses at the feel of the knife, still quivering. But on the inside she holds a little hope. Jack was still in there. Jack wasn't doing this, but Jacky. Mneme tries to even out her breathing to maintain some semblance of calm.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 05:28 PM
Jacky jerks Mneme so that he is safely behind her. "Ah ah ah, Lues. Naughty naughty. You might hurt her." He pokes the point of his knife into her skin, not enough to puncture, but enough to cause pain. "And we wouldn't want that, now, would we?"

He shivers a bit. "Brrr, he's really kicking around in there!"

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 05:32 PM
Lues' face starts to twist into something quite inhuman.

"Kill her, then. I will no longer have to worry about her taking the damage meant for you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 05:33 PM
((You just can't let me think Lues cares, can you, Nevrmore? :smalltongue:))

Mneme gasps a little at the pain, feeling a surge of panic again, "Jack," she shakes her head, "Jacky, I... please, don't. I can't..." She fights back a forceful wave in her mind, feeling some memories shift into view, all of them filled with pain, terror, and an overwhelming hatred. The survival. Lues' comment and demeanor hammer at the mental walls she's been trying to put up.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 05:36 PM
Jack why do you need her? your screwed if you kill her he says in his new duo voice

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 05:44 PM
Under no circumstances are you to kill her, Jacky. Indeed, I'll reward you well if you get her safely to me... we can use her against this nuisance of a church. She's valuable.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 06:02 PM
Jacky starts to laugh. And laugh. And laugh. "What is with you, man? You actually think I need you around any more? I'm going to finish up here and then come after you, Vahlziir. It's time Jacky had a little payback for the blood-boiling." His eyes center on Lues'. "You want her dead, Lues? I don't. Nope, I've got plans for my other's little sweetheart, here. Oh yeah, big plans." His left hand, which he'd been using to hold her too him, loosens a bit as he moves to stroke her side.

((Perfect opportunity for an escape attempt, Ms.

Oh, and sorry about the wait. I was eating dinner.))

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 06:08 PM
((Sorry about any future posts, I got my wisdom teeth out and am high on vicaden. Spelling errors and incontinuity might be apparent. Also if I accidentally godmod or ignore a post, kindly remind me of it, or just ignore me,))

Aharon's eyes snap open, and he seems crackle with a radiated power, he turns to Jacky and even Jacky would look twice. This isn't Aharon possesed by the spirits of his dead ancestors. This is Aharon, the reincarnation of the spirit of the Demigod of Human Achievement, who the villagers had conscripted to their aid long ago. He turns to Jacky, and smiles, using his incredible power to try to rip Mneme out of his hands and in to safety.

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 06:13 PM
Vahlziir's magic suddenly snaps down on Jacky's soul, and everything around him becomes many shades too dark. Sound is muffled, and while Jacky doesn't lose his grip on Mneme, he's having trouble feeling that its there.
You don't have a choice, Jacky. Resist as you desire, but I WILL claim your service. It is inevitable.
Vahlziir looses a Dominate Person spell, this time channeling it through Jacky's own soul so the amulet won't protect him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 06:14 PM
((Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure how to orchestrate the escape anyway. She does still have that knife at her throat and all. It's up to Sophistemon whether Aharon can get ahold of her or not. And apparently Vael as well.))

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 06:25 PM
Distracted by the powerful Dominate Person spell, Mneme is indeed freed from Jacky's grip by Aharon's power.

"Gneee..." The maniac slumps to his knees, knife still clenched in his fist. Both minds fight Vahlziir's mental assault as neither wish to return to his service though for entirely different reasons. It is because of his dichotomous nature that his will is not bound again to the mage, but the effort of repelling the attempt tires him greatly. "All right, you made your point. Lemme finish up here and we'll talk, okay?" His grip on the knife tightens, and he stalks towards Aharon and Mneme. "Give her back, sticks. She ain't yours."

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 06:26 PM
((Just a note for everyone, Aharon right know represents the highest possible standard that any normal human can achieve, except it is in both a physical way and a magical way. Aharon possessed is thousands of humans channeling their strength and power through Aharon's body, which is both stronger and weaker them Aharon. At this point Aharon can't consciously control his own power, nor can he summon the Ancestors power, unless he needs to protect someone.))

Aharon says nothing, but pushes Mneme behind him, and smirks at Jacky.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 06:27 PM
Lues attempts to wrap a vine around Jacky's wrist and pulls him lightly back.

"We are far from finished."

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 06:28 PM
hehehe looks like you don't have a meat shield any more jack Dall says emphasizing the word jack

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 06:28 PM
Mneme is somewhat surprised by Aharon's magic force, but shrugging that off for the moment, she throws up her hands and a series of vines are created, entertwining together to form a shield for both herself and Aharon. "Leave us alone." She's still shaking a bit, terribly upset.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 06:30 PM
Aharon steps out of the earth shield before in fully covers him and Mneme, he turns back to her and winks, before he is hidden from her sight. He looks back at Jacky, and waits.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 06:32 PM
Dall walks over to Aheron until he is next to him then he turns to face Jacky

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 06:35 PM
Mneme leans shaking against the earth shield, feeling that is it pretty stable. She manages to get her fear under control, the memories starting to subside. As she relaxes a bit, her vine shields return to her hands and arms, in an attempt to conserve energy.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 06:35 PM
Jacky tears free of Lues vines and stares at everyone around him, slowly turning. His knuckles are white. "So," he says. "Who's first?"

From the corner of his eye, he notices the dismissal of Mneme's shield.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 06:37 PM
Lues tries to wrap his vines around Jacky and pin his arms to his side.

"You."

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 06:38 PM
you? looks at Aheron you? looks at Leus or me. he finishes shifting in to a ready pose.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 06:38 PM
Jacky resists, but is still entwined. "Go ahead," he taunts. "Do your worst, plant-man."

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 06:39 PM
save some for me will you. he says grinning

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 06:41 PM
Lues walks up to Jacky, the vines around the murderer's body moving in such a way as to provide access to his chest. Lues tries to open a portal into Jacky's soul.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 06:41 PM
Aharon moves like a lightning bolt, he brings towards Jacky, going at least as fast as Jacky can. He ducks under Lues's vines, moving like a cat using both legs and one arm. With his other arm he reaches around and grasps the hilt of his knife. He brings it up, and everyone can see the bright fire playing around its edges. Still under Lues's vines he simultaneously tries to shoulder Jacky in the knees and stab him in the stomach.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 06:43 PM
*sigh* moves in front of Mneme ready to shoot Jacky if he lunges at her.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 06:44 PM
Jacky is too busy smirking at Lues, too busy being tied up, to resist being stabbed in the stomach. His eyes widen.

"Ghuk?" Blood flows from the wound. To anyone paying attention, this isn't normal. His knees give out and he falls to the floor.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 06:45 PM
Lues growls at Aharon, "GET BACK, YOU FOOL!"

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 06:46 PM
Jacky wheezes. His blood pools on the floor.

"Heeeh... heeeh... heeeh..."

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 06:47 PM
Aharon crawls of Jacky's body, putting his index finger and his middle finger on Jack's temple. Through the fingers he channels an immense psychic blast, trying to lock his mind away until others can come up with a more permanent solution.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 06:49 PM
Lues grabs Aharon and tries to forcefully shove him back, "I said get back, you idiot!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 06:51 PM
Mneme looks at Dall, trying to give him a grateful look, although mostly what she looks like is pale. In her mind she gives a brief thought, Archon, what have you done to me? The dryad briefly recalls how she almost lost her power over herself, to the survival. She stops, afraid that she might summon it again.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 06:51 PM
As the psychic energy enters Jacky's mind, his head bulges.

In fact, his entire body bulges, his stretched skin turning a deep and unhealthy red.

"Haaaaaah..."

He explodes in a shower of blood. No bones, no organs. Just blood.

It covers Aharon. It splatters Lues. Dall is splashed.

A single, tiny drop lands somewhere behind Mneme.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 06:52 PM
Aharon quickly tries to see if he sense any Jacky or Jack like signs of life. He stands up and looks at Lues, and smiles grimly.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 06:54 PM
what did you do that for fool! yells the blood splashed Dall

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 06:55 PM
((holy shiite))

Lues is silent for a moment. God how everyone will wish that moment lasted longer.

He turns to Aharon, his face no longer any semblance of human or humanoid, and grabs him, barbed vines twisting, attempting to rip into his flesh.

"YOU IDIOT! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!"

All the members of the Church suddenly crumple to the ground, wailing in pain as they grab their necks.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 06:56 PM
Aharon doesn't respond to either of them. Instead he searches for Jacky, not believing that Jacky is truly dead.

When Lues attacks him. He turns, and with an incredible strength, tries to grab the vines and push them off his body. He uses his incredible psychic abilities to try to calm Lues down and get him to back off, trying to make him understand that nothing he did should have killed Jacky. ((This should work as long as Lues is sentient.))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 06:57 PM
stop now or i will harm you Dall says to Leus his voice deeper than ever

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:00 PM
Vines begin shooting out of Lues' body, grabbing onto any hanging objects. The vines around Aharon, meanwhile, begin trying to saw into him.

"ANSWER ME, YOU BASTARD!" Lues bellows, which seems to cause the members to cry out louder in pain.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 07:00 PM
Mneme thought it was bad enough seeing Jack's blood, but she becomes even more mortified, something that didn't seem possible, when she sees Kakos and the other acolytes writhing about on the floor. "Lues! Stop it!" she says in her quiet form of yelling, tears starting to form in her eyes.

She dashes out from behind the earth shield and whips out the vines from her hands again, this time one side of them trying to wrap gently around Lues' shoulders and the other trying to wrap around the vines attempting to harm Aharon.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 07:01 PM
((Am I awesome or what? Go on, you can say it. I'm awesome. I mean, look at all the chaos I caused with one explosion of bodily fluid.))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 07:02 PM
Dall shoots a blast of fiery "magic" at Leus avoiding the vines from Mneme

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:03 PM
((Sigh... fine you are awesome.)) Aharon frowns at Lues, completely ignoring his skin, which is being shred to pieces. He pushes his hand on to Lues's chest, casting a spell which will throw him back against the wall, and wrap him up in his own vines.

Whatever else happens, Aharon doesn't stop looking for Jacky, both with his eyes, and his mind.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:05 PM
Lies takes the hit, seeming unfazed by it. He calms a bit at Aharon's mental "attack", but not enough to quell his anger.

"I had him under control, you damned wretch. I was going to heal him. I was going to make him better AND YOU KILLED HIM!"

Lues seems to be outpouring magic at a incredible rate, which negates Aharon's spells.

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 07:05 PM
Mneme hears a soft, cold laugh.
No... you don't want to stop, do you?
That man killed Jacky. You want to see him punished, do you not? Go on. Just watch. Just let him get what he deserves.
Vahlziir's mental voice is oddly compulsive and Mneme very well may be persuaded, despite her inclinations.

((Go evil mindbender!))

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 07:06 PM
Splick.

Splap.

Gruck. Gruck. Gruck.

Something, somewhere, is moving.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 07:07 PM
(Nevrmore what about Dall's Brimstone Blast?)

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:11 PM
(("Lues takes the hit, but is unfazed"))

The Geomancer
Whatever magic Lues is sending his way gets dispelled instinctively by Aharon. He senses whatever it is that is moving, and moves towards it. He sends out a very strong psychic message at Lues. Shut up you fool, you where doing nothing. He was about to rip out apart, vines or no. I didn't kill him, I was trying to get him into a state where we could help him. No, something else did this. If you want to help, you will protect the others, leave Jacky to me.

Ms_Elaneous
Mneme would cradle her head in her hands, if she weren't preoccupied with the vines. She's not sure where the voice in her mind came from, but she shakes Lues with her vines and moves the second set towards Aharon to shake him. Her next words are oddly enough intended for both them and the voice, whatever it was, "NO! I do not give a damn about what happened to Jacky, but Jack was in there! STOP IT! I will not lose another friend today! I WILL NOT!" She shakes with her anger and sadness. Mneme collapses to her knees, still hanging on to the two of them. "I will not..."

((Using Jacky as the motivation probably didn't work too well in her head.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:14 PM
"I had opened a planar portal to his soul, you god damned idiot! I was one step away from making him better and you attacked him"

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:14 PM
Aharon looks back at Mneme, and then projects himself into her mind. You need to calm down Mneme. Jack isn't dead and I am going to help him. I want you to stay here and wait for me, if I am right you won't loose a friend at all. Aharon's words carry incredible powers of suggestion with them. The mental image fades, and Aharon continues to progress towards the noise.

If you had gone in there he would have killed you Lues Aharon says mentally as he walks.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 07:15 PM
Dall turns around and drops down you wont lose another friend Mneme i wont allow it he says trying to comfort her

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 07:19 PM
Aharon's suggestion has had a slight calming effect on her, but all that succeeds in doing is getting her to stop shaking them. Mneme quietly releases her hold on Lues and Aharon, the vines rejoining her body. At this point she does cradle her head, so utterly confused by all the happenings she isn't sure what to do.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:20 PM
((Woah, sorry I wasn't writing as if she was shaking Aharon or Lues...))
Aharon continues to search for some sense of whatever had moved.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 07:20 PM
There is a horrible, dreadful silence as the moving thing stops moving.

There is a horrible, dreadful noise as the moving thing enters a state of rapid growth about three steps behind Mneme.

There is a horrible, dreadful laughter as Jacky, clothed only in the ragged remains of his former body, lunges at Mneme's back, blood-knife in hand, yellow eyes gleaming.

He is too close to stop; moving too fast for anyone to interfere. The blade descends, aimed for the back of the neck in an attempt to sever the spine.

The blade shatters inches away from her skin as though it has hit a wall.

"Eh?" he murmurs, then, in a loud, clear voice, he yells...

"I won't let you hurt her!"

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 07:21 PM
((Vahlziir isn't quite aware of the name distinction, hence the mistake))
Friend? You think these two are your friends?
One tried to kill Jack- the other attempted to destroy his soul, twice. Jack is lucky I am keeping it under close guard...
I'm your friend, if anyone. I've kept him from them. He is not dead. Indeed, by my blessing he will return, sooner than one might expect.
Leave these two to their petty squabbles, their GAME over Jack's very existance. You and I are the ones who really care, aren't we?
Vahlziir attempts to magically persuade her to believe him and his words, putting more force than normal behind his charm.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:30 PM
Lues releases his hold on Aharon, "Jacky?!" He says, hsi face returning to normal.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:30 PM
Aharon senses both Jacky and Jack in the host, and immediately sits down, trying to empower Jack and weaken Jacky. He will try and fight Vahlziir if he encounters his presence.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-11, 07:37 PM
Laif, who apperently never left, wakes up from a wood bed he carved.
What the hell's going on around here?

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 07:40 PM
Jack(y) stands still, seemingly preoccupied with the war being waged in his head. Most of the conflict is silent, but a few things, brief snippets, are powerful enough to be spoken:

"You again!? Why don't you just give up?"

"I was happy! For the first time ever I was happy!"

"That girl of yours, eh? Pretty nice. Man, the things I'll do to her..."

"Don't you touch her!"

"And Lues, too. I wonder what you see in him, anyway. Oh, I get it. He's your new dad, isn't he? Don't tell me you miss dad..."

"Evil! You're evil! Get out of here! Get out of my head!"

"My head! My head!"

"GET OUT!"

After that last shout, Jack(y) grips the broken dagger and, before anyone can stop him, stabs the shattered blade hilt-deep into his right eye. With a soft, wet gurgle, he collapses.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 07:41 PM
Mneme only vaguely hears Jacky and Jack's exchange, much less the what anyone else is saying or doing. All she can really hear is the voice in her head. "Who... are you?" she whispers, hands still in her hair, anyone actually able to hear her having a shockingly good Listen check.

The second exchange breaks her out of her trance, "Jack?!" She stands quickly and skips back, afraid it is Jacky entirely back.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:41 PM
Lues, annoyed, angry, and worried, runs over to Jacky's body, hoping to the god he doesn't worship that he's not dead, and tries to open yet another portal into his soul.

Chaotic Bob
2007-04-11, 07:42 PM
((....this is very interesting. Kudos for a nice drama/thingy))

Raistlin1040
2007-04-11, 07:42 PM
Laif looks confused at Jack(y)'s odd behavior but doesn't get involved.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:44 PM
Aharon sits there, breathing hard from exertion. Without an active enemy or danger, he seems confused and lost. Wh-whats going on? He seems on the verge of tears. Jack? He looks around for the man he was just sitting next to as far as his upper conscious knows.

Goblin Music
Dall lays a hand on Mneme's shoulder mainly to keep him self balanced but also to reassure her that she is not alone.

Sophistemon
A portal opens.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-11, 07:45 PM
Laif sighs and walks to the portal
Odd.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:46 PM
Lues hops inside.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 07:48 PM
Mneme stares at the body of Jack/y. She isn't sure quite what to do again, but she at least reaches up and grips Dall's hand, trying very hard to keep a hold of her mind, which is in its own turmoil.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 07:48 PM
Dall's body goes limp and would have fallen over if he had not placed his hand on Mneme's shoulder. then he opens his eyes and searches for magic around Mneme

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:49 PM
Aharon starts crying, bawling uncontrollably. He looks over to Jack(y) lying on the ground with a knife in his eye and wispers Not-not again! What have I done this time?

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 07:50 PM
I can help you... we can help each other- to get whats best for Jack.
Don't fear for him. They can't steal him away, no matter what they do. His soul and life are eternally safe.
Come to me... find me...
Vahlziir very gently suggests that Mneme start leaving.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 07:52 PM
(hey Vael can Dall "see" this?)

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 07:53 PM
Lues finds himself in a barren wasteland. A blasted heath, if you will. In the center is a solitary tree, and it is not the one he has seen before. It has wolf-eye orange bark and bright, acidic green leaves.

There is no wind. All is still.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:53 PM
Sensing Vahlziir again, Aharon stiffens up, but continues to cry. He stares straight at Mneme, and seems to be whispering No, over and over again. He slowly crawls towards her, and Jack(y).

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 07:54 PM
"How his soul could change this much in so little time. Vahlziir, I will kill you." Lues walks up to the tree. He lowers his arms and lets the vines snake out, forming an archaic pattern in the ground as he begins the ritual to destroy the tree.

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 07:55 PM
((He can feel that there is some kind of magic there.
But, in comparison to normal magic-
Normal magic is the type of thing you'd see in the art museum. "Oh look at that one."
This is something that you'd see in a nightmare. Its SCARY))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 07:55 PM
What is it Aheron? Dall asks not taking his eyes of Mneme still looking for abnormal Magic.
(cool that is very cool)

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 07:56 PM
Mneme clutches her hand against her chest, muscles both tensing to stand and restraining her to sit. There is a conflict between Aharon's suggestion to stay here and Vahlziir's suggestion to leave. She tries to reply with her thoughts, Who are you?... Why are you... in my mind?

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 07:57 PM
Aharon turns to Dall and whispers I did this. He then crawls up to Mneme, and puts his head on her shoulder, still crying. Something, leaves his body, and tries to enter to portal with Lues.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 07:59 PM
Dall stiffens oh no not now he mutters. the plus side is his limbs can't move on the other hand he is about to "explode" with wild magic

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 08:00 PM
I'm a friend. A very good friend. But I can't say more- not here. Its too dangerous. There are many forces that would try and take away the protection I give to Jack.
You need to leave now if you want to come to me. They'll persuade you to stay. You'll lose your chance to save Jack once and for all.
Please. Come to me.
Vahlziir lets it feel like the connection is fading slightly, and instead of sending more force into his compulsion he simply makes it more cunning and complex, achieving the same heightened effect but without the obvious side-effect.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:00 PM
The ritual is not interrupted. There is no resistance from the tree or the soul that it represents.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 08:01 PM
((Geeze, we are a messed up bunch, aren't we? Halfway need a normal person. Where's Kakos? Oh... wait, nevermind. Like he counts as normal. :smalltongue:))

Mneme doesn't even notice Aharon, standing, although her body is resisting only slightly less than what she is putting in to the effort to stand. Why must I... leave now? Where... where are you?

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 08:02 PM
*Ahem, something leaves Aharon and tries to enter the portal into Jack's soulscape.*

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:02 PM
Kakos sits up, looking around.

"What happened? Where's Father Lues? Mneme, what happened?"

------------------

Lues makes sure the tree isn't dripping with any taint before trying to destroy it.

Fenric
2007-04-11, 08:03 PM
(( Normal people stay at my... no wait... nevermind.

Oh, and congrats on thread #2 ! ))

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 08:07 PM
They'll try and stop us both. You saw them. They're warring over Jack's soul and life as if it were a toy.
You and I are interferences that they don't want.
Just come outside. I'll find you- trust me.
Vahlziir's telepathy is urgent, soothing, and slightly desperate all at once.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 08:08 PM
Aharon continues to cry on Mneme's shoulder, and some other part of him continues to try and get into Jack's Soulscape.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:10 PM
Dall starts to sculpt the pure raw energy in to a force that may Drive Vahlziir from Mneme's mind and soon after he finishes the "spell"
(is there any possibility this will work?)

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 08:14 PM
((There technically is a possibility, yes.
But I'm not sure you want to do that. Too late though))

You have to hurry- they've realized-
The telepathy is driven out of her mind.
Not the charming and suggesting effect though, since thats not Vahlziir's presence.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:15 PM
Aharon may enter, as Nevr hasn't said 'no'.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:15 PM
((his arm is still as stiff as stone however))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:18 PM
Lues waits to see if the tree is destroyed....

((I figured it was up to Sophie to decide if Aharon could enter. I have no problem with it.))

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 08:19 PM
((Heh, you was both waiting for the other to give permission...))
The dark commanding presence that did battle with Jacky previously has entered his soul scape. His very presence should bolster Jack whevere he is. The presence of the demigod waits to see if Lues will be effective.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:23 PM
The tree shatters into shards of broken wood.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 08:23 PM
Mneme slips out from underneath Dall's hand and perhaps Aharon on her shoulder. She begins to walk forward, although it is slow and somewhat awkward, part of her trying to leave and the other part trying to root her to the floor. Mneme looks at Kakos and says in a rather monotone voice, "I need to go outside."

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:26 PM
Kakos stands up and walks over to Mneme.

"Alright then, I'll go with you." He smiles.

Lues drops a seed into the hole that used to be the third tree he has seen Jacky have.

((Once more...DUZ IT GRO?!))

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 08:26 PM
Aharon falls off Mneme's shoulder and catches himself with his hands. His tears fall freely as he looks at Jack. I killed him, I killed him. He was my friend and I killed them like a killed the others. Aharon's strength waits to see what affect the destruction of the tree will have.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:29 PM
((Of course.))

The tree grows quickly, and looks exactly like the one before it save for color. It now looks like the two colors have blended into a uniformly dirty-seeming green.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:30 PM
"Good. If I'm lucky, this should have healed Jack's physical wounds, too."

Lues turns to leave.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 08:31 PM
Part of Mneme says that she should take Kakos, Kakos has never done anything to harm her. Then again, she remembers that Lues and Jack were the same until today. "N-no. I will not bother you. Stay here and help." Even under persuasion, she's still just as awful a liar as usual.

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 08:32 PM
The ancient Aharon, the strong one, doesn't make a move. He stands in the soul scape, not as confident in Lues's work.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:33 PM
Dall sends a wave of magic that should dispell all of the Magic that Vahlziir uses and he dashes after Mneme

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:33 PM
"Nonsense, I'd be a horrible person if I just let you go out unprotected." Kakos smiled lightly.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:36 PM
i am coming to Mneme the fresh air will do me good he lies (he is one of the best liers ever)

AmberVael
Dall's magic weakens Vahlziir's hold, but doesn't get rid of it.
It simply starts building itself back up from scratch, too...

Ms_Elaneous
((Vael, does it dispel? If so, Aharon's suggestion will hold entire sway on her. Gosh darned simu-ninja!))

The Geomancer
2007-04-11, 08:37 PM
The strength of Aharon flows out of Jack and back into him. Aharon sits up, and wraps his hands around his knees, thinking. He doesn't remember what has happened, but he has the gist of the outcome. ((Goodnight guys, I'm too tired/dopped up to keep this going, damn vicoden, damn wisdom teeth.))

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:37 PM
Nothing prevents either of the two from leaving.

The knife is slowly forced out of Jack(y)'s as a new eye grows in the socket. It clatters to the floor, bloodless.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:41 PM
Lues exits through the portal and turns around, waiting for Jack(y) to get up.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 08:41 PM
Mneme stops walking as the wave of magic hits her, but when Vahlziir's hold begins to rebuild, she starts to walk again. "No, I am so confused," she says truthfully. "Please, let me go alone. I can not handle any more people." She reaches up and rubs her forehead with the heel of her hand.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:44 PM
i can not with this magic around her you are in shock you need someone that you know. your mind is not right

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:46 PM
The man's eyes open and he looks around, dazed and confused. They settle on Lues. "Where am I?"

((A new voice-color? What could this mean?))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:47 PM
((Dun dun dun!))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:50 PM
Kakos looks at Dall, "Please, just go help that dying man."

Lues looks at Jack(????), "Jack? Is that you?"

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:51 PM
What dieing man? and i could not help him if i tried Dall answers keeping an eye on Mneme

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:53 PM
The man's eyes close for a moment as he thinks. "Jack?" he asks. "No, that... that isn't my name."

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:53 PM
"The one with the knife in his eye. You have magic, I don't. Go see if you can help him."

Lues looks at the man worriedly, "Then what is your name?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 08:54 PM
Mneme can't disagree with Dall. Her mind is a mess right now, her instinct, Jack, Lues, and not to mention Vahlziir, all being a huge preoccupation in it. She's been Dominated or Suggested upon three times today, been held at knifepoint by some twisted form of her friend, felt utterly abandoned by Lues, watched Jack(y) explode into many many bloody bits, had to try and stop her friends from killing each other, and has been combating a voice in her head half the time and her instinct through the entirety. Mneme's in a terrible state right now.

She sees Jack get up and wants to go to him, but both her fear of Jacky and Vahlziir's compulsion keep her from it. "No. Leave me alone." She picks up the pace with her footsteps, making a straight move for the door outside.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:55 PM
but i can not heal. look see if he is ok just look. he says moving to block Mneme's way to the door
(has she left the building yet? [mumble] even with the simu{/mumble])

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 08:57 PM
Kakos ignores Dall, keeping pace with Mneme.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 08:57 PM
"My name is John. John Blades. What... what's going on here? I-" He sees Mneme walking for the door. "Mneme?" There is a pause. "How do I know your name? Mneme? Mneme!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 08:59 PM
"Please, get out of my way, Dall," she says, trying to push past him. She stops momentarily, hearing her name being called by Jack's voice.

((No, I left that open for now. Also, would Mneme go out into the streets or into the garden, I wonder?))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 09:03 PM
*sigh* never is this fun he points a rod at Mneme and uses the dispel magic it stores trying to dispel the magic that Vahlziir uses.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 09:05 PM
John attempts to stand, and does so. He finds himself disturbingly naked and covers himself. "What in the hell happened here? Mneme!"

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 09:05 PM
Instead of weakening it this time, the magic simply retaliates at Dall, sending a blast of stunning mental energy at him.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 09:07 PM
Lues grabs "John," "Stop, my friend....There is a serious problem, here."

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 09:07 PM
Wow he says as thoe magic hits him then he uses the Suggestion look behind you
while summoning clothes for John using a ring on his other hand

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 09:10 PM
"No! She's leaving! Mneme! Come back! I don't... Come back!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 09:13 PM
Mneme does turn around and looks at "Jack" or "John" or whoever, without shame, not seeming to care that he is naked. She doesn't seem to care when the clothes appear either. She can't help but continue backing up, closer to the door, "I am so sorry." She feels terrible leaving him, but she has to, doesn't she? She has to get help, right? Mneme tries to speed up as she starts to pass Dall.

((She's pretty much under the delusion. Unfortunately. If you guys are gonna stop her it's gonna be more than talking or trying to dispel it.))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 09:14 PM
raa he chases after her faster than any elf ever, fading from view

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 09:15 PM
Lues, sensing something amiss, calls out "Kakos, stop her!"

Kakos is confused, but tries to gently place his hands on Mneme's shoulders.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 09:17 PM
John, now clothed in Jack's trademark trench-coat, t-shirt and jeans, runs after her. "Mneme! Wait!"

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 09:19 PM
((Good heavens.
Only one person really has a reason to know that something funky is going on, and that person is Dall. He doesn't even know WHAT is going on.
Everybody else probably just sees her trying to get out of a place that is extremely crazy and scary.
I dunno, it just seems kinda metagaming to me))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 09:21 PM
Mneme whips around and tries to push away Kakos' hands. Her eyes are beginning to tear up again, particularly at "John's" calling for her. "I am so sorry. I have to get help. I have to help you, don't you see?" With that she makes a break out of the door.

((She's actually out now. Phew. That took forever. ^_^"))

AmberVael
2007-04-11, 09:22 PM
((Streets thread?))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 09:23 PM
((Lues is just afraid she's going to go out and start spilling secrets, which will bring way too much unwanted attention to him and the Church))

"Kakos!" Lues says, his voice commanding. Kakos sighs and follows her.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 09:24 PM
(where is she any way? john is attracted to her, Dall knows it is funky, and the others see this as unnatural for her)

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 09:30 PM
((She's the only person John remembers, for some reason.))

John stops, his hands falling to his sides. He turns back to Lues. "Who was she? Who are you? Where and what is this place? I-"

Something clicks in the back of his mind.

"I..."

Memories come flooding back to him. A gift from Jack or a curse from Jacky. It is uncertain. Perhaps both.

"I..."

Vahlziir. The Town. The murders. His power over blood. The Church. Jacky. Jack. Lues. Mneme. Especially Mneme.

His wail is soul-rending.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-11, 09:33 PM
((Yes, Vael, the streets.))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 09:34 PM
(we are of to the streets)

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 09:39 PM
John falls to his knees and buries his head in his hands. His sobs shake his entire body as he cries.

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 09:40 PM
Lues kneels down, putting a hand on "John's" shoulder.

"Calm yourself, my friend."

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 09:44 PM
John jerks away from Lues and jumps to his feet. "I can't lose her," he says. "I have to tell her that I'm sorry, that it wasn't me! I can't lose her!" He dashes out into the Streets.

Sophistemon
2007-04-11, 09:52 PM
((Sorry about the double-post.))

John walks slowly back into the Church, his head swimming with unpleasant truths.

((Gotta go for the night. I had a great time!))

Nevrmore
2007-04-11, 09:53 PM
Lues is there, waiting as John and Kakos enter the Church.

"Is Mneme gone?"

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 02:33 PM
John nods, sadly. "Vahlziir took her. I wasn't fast enough."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 03:32 PM
Aharon gets up, slowly, and looks at John. I killed you. He says in a subdued voice.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 03:32 PM
Lues sits down, putting both hand in front of him as if thinking.

"Perfect." He says finally.

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 03:37 PM
John looks at Aharon. "I can't die." Then he looks at Lues. "What's perfect?"

((Oh, some things Lues should notice about John right away:
Unlike Jacky, he is not a homicidal maniac.
Unlike Jack, he does not blush so often and is more in control of his emotions.
His voice is somewhere between those of Jack and Jacky.
He is, in fact, the true person, as the other two were little more than dominant facets of his fractured personality.))

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 03:39 PM
Aharon is much more calm know then he has been the entire time. Still he is just a regular person, he isn't his true self incarnated and he isn't possessed by his ancestors. But he still cares about Mneme. Jack, Lues... Where is Mneme?

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 03:41 PM
"My name is John," he says, without thinking. Then he looks sad. "Vahlziir has her."

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 03:45 PM
"Perfect because I am betting I'll be able to find Vahlziir's location now."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 03:47 PM
John? Ok, I guess you are John now... Who is Vahlziir? Is he the one who has Mneme, who... He tries to remember his actions as his true self. ..took her from me?

((Aharon has just as many split personalities as John does, except his are all good :P))

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 03:51 PM
John raises an eyebrow at Aharon's comment, but doesn't say anything. As a note, Jacky would have attempted to murder him and Jack would have gotten sad. John just takes it in stride. He addresses Lues. "You can find her?"

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 03:54 PM
Aharon, who by the way isn't interested in dryads as love interests, also turns to Lues. If you can find her, I.. I think I can take us to her, all of us. He still wants to be friends with Jack... Or John.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 03:56 PM
Lues stands up, wiping the creases from his robes.

"I think I can. She spent a lot of time out in our garden. I am willing to bet that she has become attuned enough to our specific type of plant that I will be able to sense her."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 03:57 PM
You mean the seed? Its worth a shot. He looks at John, trying to get a smile, or a nod... Anything.

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 03:59 PM
John sighs with relief and nods at Aharon, then at Lues. "Good." He looks down at himself. "I'm going to need some knives if I'm going to be anything more than a brawler."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 04:00 PM
Aharon takes a small well crafted knife out of his sleeve and hands it to John. Good thing I always keep an extra. He smiles.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 04:03 PM
"Do not get hasty friends, I am only speculating. And besides, it will take awhile for me to test my theory. It is a complicated ritual."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 04:04 PM
I think I can help, Lues... With any magic I mean. Every time I encounter myself, I seem to get better at it. Aharon doesn't look like he knows the meaning of whatever it is he just said.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-12, 04:05 PM
((Not to mention Mneme never ingested a seed... hm-hm... Although, I suppose it could work.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 04:05 PM
((Lues is saying that she may have become so attuned to the plants the seeds sprout that he would be able to find her just as if she did ingest a seed.))

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 04:21 PM
John slides the knive into his boot. "Take your time. Vahlziir wants her alive; he won't hurt her like he-" He cuts himself off before he can say 'hurt me'. He motions to the knife. "Remind me not to throw that; I'll need it if I want to use my... bloodier abilities."

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 04:24 PM
"Right then, I'll need you all to move away. I'll need a large, clear space for this."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 04:26 PM
Aharon pats John on the back. Ready to get her back? Buddy? Aharon seems like he is trying to bring John closer to him, through their common goal. Aharon has never really had a friend before.

Aharon backs away, giving Lues plenty of space to work in.

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 04:38 PM
John, too, moves back.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 04:53 PM
Lues, seeing that the space is sufficient, calls for a number of his acolytes. The robed men leave their posts guarding the doors and gather around. They are in the vague form of a circle if viewed from above, but scattered around enough to make it look ambiguous.

"Alright then, my friends. Let us get to work."

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 04:54 PM
John watches with interest.

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 05:00 PM
Aharon tries to determine what Lues and the acolytes are doing, magically.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 05:02 PM
Lues sighs and pushes his sleeves up a little. If John or Aharon were watching intently, they would see that the vines he so often seems to use are actually sprouting from his body.

The leafy appendages elongate and begin heading towards the priests nearest Lues, who grab them with one hand, and then sprout their own vines and send them towards the next in the line. After all is done, the vines form an archaic pattern if viewed from overhead.

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 05:03 PM
Aharon senses the pattern, even though he can't see it. Magic.. He whispers. His eyes light up as he watches.

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 05:08 PM
John remains silent.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 05:11 PM
Slowly, Lues vines begin to fill up with some sort of iridescent glow, slowly spreading through it like a car going down a winding road. By the time it is to the last acolyte, the light splatters their shadows all over the ground.

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 05:14 PM
Aharon watches intently, whispering something to himself.

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 05:21 PM
John crosses his arms, his mind preoccupied with how badly he will hurt Vahlziir when he catches him.

He shakes his head. If this situation can be solved with minimal bloodshed, he will see to it that it is.

A small portion of him is thrilled at what it sees as a moral victory.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 05:24 PM
The light intensifies. Soon, a large column of the luminescence rises from the ground between all the men, up to the ceiling. An image, at this point indeterminable in origin, begins forming in the middle of the column.

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 05:25 PM
John watches closely, attempting to make out what it is.

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 05:26 PM
Aharon's eyes brighten as he tries to determine how the image is being generated.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 05:33 PM
The image becomes coherent. It is of an illustrious mansion.

"This is where she is." Lues says, finally.

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 05:42 PM
"It doesn't look familiar to me, but I've only ever seen the inside of it."

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 05:43 PM
The mansion suddenly starts growing in the light, and suddenly the view switches to inside of it. It's as if they are looking through the eyes of some spectre who is exploring the house.

"Is this familiar?"

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 05:46 PM
"No. I only ever saw the ... summoning room. It was bloody, if that helps you find it."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 05:49 PM
I can take us there...We can save her! Aharon looks around at the other two, searching for approval.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 05:51 PM
"Patience, Aharon, we do not know it's exact location yet." The view glides into the room John described, "Is this it?"

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 05:54 PM
Aharon seems to be preparing a spell... You said that this is where she is... I can take us to the place the images are showing us. A winds whips through the space, circling around Aharon ((Cliche no?)) Patience is not one of his virtues.

((Be back after dinner))

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 06:03 PM
"We have to see if it is the correct place, first, Aharon, now patience."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 06:04 PM
I know, I know... I am just readying the spell. It should take us all to where the images are showing us. He looks at Lues sardonically. If it is the right place.

((Now I'll be back after dinner))

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 06:05 PM
"Yeah, that looks about right."

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 06:10 PM
The light continues to explore the house. It stops at a certain room.

"This msut be where she and Vahlziir are. He probably has powerful scrying protection."

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 06:34 PM
"I don't know what that means, but he would be very careful."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 06:35 PM
Are you guys ready to go? I think the spell is about ready. Aharon seems to be holding a ball of air in his hand. This should work.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 06:37 PM
The column of light fades away and the vines recede back into Lues' arms. He walks over to Aharon.

"I am ready."

"As am I."

"And me too, Father."

Lues looks at his two faithful acolytes, smiling. "Very well, you may come."

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 06:38 PM
"I'm ready too, I guess."

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 06:38 PM
Aharon looks at John, waiting for his okay. He seems to be barely containing the spinning ball of wind that he is holding.

Upon John's okay, thrusts the ball into the room around them. Immediately everyone is grasped by an immensely powerful spinning wind. It tosses them back and forth. If they look around they should be able to only make out each other, the background is a mess of spinning winds. A second later they are no longer in the Church of the Seed.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 06:39 PM
((Look up, Geo.))

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 06:41 PM
((Got it upon editing))

Sophistemon
2007-04-12, 08:27 PM
John bursts out of a puddle of blood that appears on the floor. The blood runs up his leg, over his side, down his arm and into his hand, where it flows into a small wound that quickly closes.

He dashes off into the Streets.

The Geomancer
2007-04-12, 08:29 PM
A rather large inferno appears in the center of the room. It builds in intensity and then disappears, revealing Aharon. Wait! He calls to John. I just want to help!
Aharon runs after him.

Nevrmore
2007-04-12, 08:52 PM
Every member of the church raises their head suddenly, looking around, confused.

Goblin Music
2007-04-13, 09:55 AM
Dall enters and sits groaning.

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 05:28 PM
Aharon opens up the door to the Church and looks around. Lues? Are you here? Did you get back ok? He calls out.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:51 PM
A few acolytes turn to Aharon, their expressions being of deep sadness.

Goblin Music
2007-04-13, 06:17 PM
Dall looks at Aharon questioningly.

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 06:33 PM
Aharon looks at Dall, and at the acolytes. What happened? Did Lues come back?

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 06:36 PM
Several acolytes who, if Aharon had been paying attention, were the same ones who helped Lues divine Mneme's location the day prior, walk out of one of the miscellaneous rooms, eliciting a simultaneous head-turn to everyone in the room as their attention shifted towards them. The one who seemed to be in the lead just lowere his hood and shook his head solemnly before saying what everyone feared.

"I...regret to be the one to say this. Kakos, Morbus and Father Lues are....dead."

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 06:41 PM
Dead? How!? Aharon asks, shaking the man for good measure.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 06:44 PM
The man pushs Aharon's arms off of him.

"I do not know! All I know is that divination showed that their bodies and souls are gone. They're not...of this world, anymore."

The various patrons of the church have begun to mourn, crying and wailing as people who just find out about the death of a loved one are wont to do.

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 06:46 PM
Oh... Aharon sits down, unsure of how he feels. He watches to mourning with sadness.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 06:47 PM
There is no more speaking in the church. The building is instead filled with the sobs for the dead.

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 06:50 PM
Aharon looks up from with a rather weird gleam in his eye. Tentatively he sends out a tendril of magic, attempting to explore the nearest mourner. He is trying to find out about the neck-plant, and any information about its current state.

((If the above doesn't make sense, I think I can rewrite it...))

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 06:51 PM
The mourner's plant has grown, but now it seems it is slowly wilting...

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 06:56 PM
Aharon tries to mimic the type of magic he has seen Lues use, and sends it into the mourners plant.

((He should be able to do that, although I have no idea what it means if he does..))