PDA

View Full Version : Cunning Druid

BranMan
2015-03-25, 11:25 AM
In Adventurer's League I am playing a Moon Druid 3 Rogue 2. I am a variant human with the mobile feat and expertise in stealth and perception. I generally cast a concentration spell like entangle, faerie fire, or flaming sphere, move into melee, and then wildshape turn 1. Then I can use my cunning action to disengage and be all over the battlefield, using my +10 move speed from mobile to be all over the battlefield at once. I often have enough mobility to get to the casters in the back, and then pounce on them as a tiger or maul them as a bear. Two days ago in Expeditions, I killed a young black dragon by pouncing on it from the ceiling and critting, dealing around 40 damage with a sneak attack.

That fight leveled me to 6, and I'm not sure where to put the next level. I could put another towards druid to grab the ASI (I'd probably take a feat) or I could put one towards rogue to get a subclass (which one, not sure). I could even go out on a limb and take a level or barbarian or monk, to get unarmored defense through either and perhaps rage through barbarian.

I also have a magic item that gives me a +1 to hit and to damage when fighting as an animal.

So, any advice on what to do with this next level?

Thanks!

ChubbyRain
2015-03-25, 11:38 AM
In Adventurer's League I am playing a Moon Druid 3 Rogue 2. I am a variant human with the mobile feat and expertise in stealth and perception. I generally cast a concentration spell like entangle, faerie fire, or flaming sphere, move into melee, and then wildshape turn 1. Then I can use my cunning action to disengage and be all over the battlefield, using my +10 move speed from mobile to be all over the battlefield at once. I often have enough mobility to get to the casters in the back, and then pounce on them as a tiger or maul them as a bear. Two days ago in Expeditions, I killed a young black dragon by pouncing on it from the ceiling and critting, dealing around 40 damage with a sneak attack.

That fight leveled me to 6, and I'm not sure where to put the next level. I could put another towards druid to grab the ASI (I'd probably take a feat) or I could put one towards rogue to get a subclass (which one, not sure). I could even go out on a limb and take a level or barbarian or monk, to get unarmored defense through either and perhaps rage through barbarian.

I also have a magic item that gives me a +1 to hit and to damage when fighting as an animal.

So, any advice on what to do with this next level?

Thanks!

You can still martial arts as an animal, random note.

But don't sell yourself too thin. I would say to hit up more druid and rogue.

This will the only type of time I would suggest this...but take Rogue 3 and grab Assassin. I think that assassinate is way to iffy to pull off enough times to warrent it but... You being able to turn into certain animals and such makes it where if you want to surprise someone you will surprise someone. If your DM is OK with that play style then have at it.

Otherwise more druid! Don't forget you have some of the best spells in the game and grabbing more druid levels will never be a bad thing. I'm not a huge fan of moon druid but don't forget to sit back and BC a bit from time to time (really mess with your DMs battle plans :p, keep them on their toes) and plus if your group gets to level 20 you can still get the level 18 druid feature.