PDA

View Full Version : D20 modern a few questions

Nosta
2015-03-25, 12:18 PM
I have a few question about D20 modern

1st: double tap. it says it adds an extra die of damage can some one explain what this means

2nd what would be the best gun for doing damage with using the double tap feat for a two weapon fighting fast hero/ gunslinger who is level 8

3rd is there any special rounds that i can use with said gun that would increase damage

Dysart
2015-03-25, 12:29 PM
DISCLAIMER: Never played, but I have had a read of the rules a few times.

1st: double tap. it says it adds an extra die of damage can some one explain what this means

I believe this means add an extra die of what ever the normal damage. So say you're using Double Tap with a weapon that deals 1D8 damage, it instead deals 2D8 damage. One using 1D6 damage becomes 2D6, 1D10 become 2D10. So on, so forth.

2nd what would be the best gun for doing damage with using the double tap feat for a two weapon fighting fast hero/ gunslinger who is level 8

Sorry not got the book infront of me, check how many times it can fire a round. You'll want the highest damage possible BUT one that doesn't stop you from making an attack because it can only shoot once a round or something

3rd is there any special rounds that i can use with said gun that would increase damage

Sorry no book, can't help!

Jeraa
2015-03-25, 12:54 PM
I have a few question about D20 modern

You add one more die of damage towhatever the weapon normally has. So a 2d6 pistol now does 3d6, and a 2d8 rifle does 3d8 with a double tap.

Not in the Modern core rulebook. I believe d20 Future has some alternate ammo. There is also a weapons book (thename of which I can't remember) that might have something.

dascarletm
2015-03-25, 02:41 PM
Weapons Locker is the book with all the guns. Sadly there isn't any ammo like that, as far as I remember, in it.

nyjastul69
2015-03-25, 03:13 PM
Here is a link to the d20 Modern SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd) that may be useful.