View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights: Witch's Wake (Spoilers?)

Phoenix Talion
2007-04-11, 04:57 PM
So. I got Neverwinter Nights Diamond for Christmas, and started playing. I enjoy it greatly, because I can make horribly Mary Sue'd characters, and no one will ever be able to see and laugh at me. On an unrelated note, Linu is da bomb.

I get stuck, so I play some of the expansion packs for a bit instead. The one that really catches my eye is Witch's Wake. Sometimes the camera angles get sticky, but eh. It's different!

So I I'm in the Steinfaar mines, trying to find the elf who may have some hints as to what the hell is going on (the rats! The horrible rats!). And I do. Conversation, convesation, learn a few things. Then this ghosty chick shows up an starts writing on the wall, and with a cryptic quote, the game cuts to the credits.

Huh?

Is something wrong wth my disk? Did anyone else have this problem? 'Cause that can't be the end, can it?

Dhavaer
2007-04-11, 05:00 PM
No, all the adventures that come in Kingmaker are very, very short. It's extremely disappointing.

Phoenix Talion
2007-04-11, 05:09 PM
But... That's not short. It's a non-ending!

Godsdamnit, I like my peregrine half-elf fighter.

Dhavaer
2007-04-11, 05:42 PM
I know. There might possibly be a real ending lying around somewhere or other, instead of just a teaser.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-12, 11:09 AM
I know. There might possibly be a real ending lying around somewhere or other, instead of just a teaser.

Nope. Witch's Wake II never made it out.

Dragor
2007-04-12, 12:20 PM
Nope. Witch's Wake II never made it out.

Damn, because I really enjoyed it Witch's Wake I.

I'll openly admit I had to cheat to get past the rats though.

Phoenix Talion
2007-04-12, 02:28 PM
The kicker was that they gave you 1 xp a peice.

Om
2007-04-13, 08:55 AM
It was originally intended that WW, and other premium modules, would form a series. Its that episodic content thing that's all the craze these days. For whatever reason Bioware never got around to making WWII and there was a shift towards larger stand alone modules.

A pity as IIRC WW was a pretty decent play.

DeathQuaker
2007-04-13, 08:47 PM
Yep... I think Witch's Wake, Shadowguard, and Kingmaker were all supposed to have sequels... I'd rather've had them drop two of the three and make three chapters to one story. I never even saw Kingmaker's proper ending because of a bug (I technically finished the game, but never got the final "the end" moment).

Pirates of the Sword Coast I think was also possibly going to have a sequel, but they were smart and made it end in such a way that it had some closure to it.

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr (you have to download it) is the best premium module, IMO. Unlike the Diamond set of mods, really does stand on its own as a story. If Witch's Wake and the others left you wanting and you have a little cash to spare, try that one.

Archonic Energy
2007-04-14, 03:19 AM
infinate dungeon is good for a few laughs

Dragor
2007-04-14, 03:25 AM
I've only played Kingmaker, Shadowguard and Witch's Wake. I have to say, I did like Kingmaker out of all of them- I just hope someone can do something decent with the NWN2 engine. (There's been a few, but without voice acting, which always makes it seem a little hollow to me, dunno about you.)

Scroofy
2007-04-18, 02:15 AM
If you guys want to play a really good module I HIGHLY recommend the "Fall of Aielund" series. There are about 3 modules, with one on the way, and all last hours and hours. It's good single and multi which is one of the key aspects I really liked since I play with 2-3 friends. The story is phenomenal and the world itself is just awsome all around. Definetly look into, you won't regret it.

Lilivati
2007-04-18, 07:15 AM
If you're looking for a few good NWN1 modules, I can highly recommend the following:

-Twilight and its sequel Midnight
-Elegia Eternum and its sequel Excrucio Eternum
-Penultima and its sequel-series Penultima Rerolled
-Shadowlords, its sequel-series Dreamcatcher, and its sequel Demon

ilovefire
2007-04-19, 05:06 PM
Hey, didn't the guy who made Elegia Eternum and Excrucio Eternum also make The Hex Coda 1?

Lilivati
2007-04-30, 11:34 AM
I believe so, though I haven't played Hex Coda myself. Stefen Gagne created both the Penultima and Eternum series, which are VERY different games but, I think, both quite good. Penultima is a kind of well-done parody of fantasy games in general that reminds me not a little of Discworld in feeling, whereas Eternum is very serious in atmosphere, and will make you think.

Twilight and Midnight made me stop hating paladins; they're that good. They get a little hacky-slashy towards the end, but really show the full RP potential of the class, and tell an interesting story.

Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher/Demon is a more traditional kind of game, but well done. This series gets better with every game.