PDA

View Full Version : Red's HotDQ IC

JNAProductions
2015-03-25, 03:54 PM
The four of you are on a wide path or a small road, heading towards the little town of Greenest. It's a beautiful day-the sun shines, a gentle breeze blows through the air, and the light woods cast a green glow as light filters in through the leaves.

Each one of you is on this path for your own reasons, but, due to dangers on the road, have come together as you ran into one another. You're about an hour away from the town itself, though it's invisible due to the curves of the road.

Fabs
2015-03-25, 04:17 PM
Milo Goodbarrel, a lightfoot halfling paladin, is in the group.

He wears a chain-shirt and carries strapped on his back a sword almost as long as he is tall.

He does not walk the quiet and somber walk of paladins. Much on the contrary, he whistles tunes that annoy you by getting stuck in your head and only stops to inquire about everyone's predilection for cheese, jelly or shortcakes.

"I don't mean to brag, but I managed to get me a couple good pieces of bluerawst cheese from that farm before the hill curve.. If anybody would like to partake, I'm more than happy to share!"

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-25, 04:53 PM
Tirion Stormweft, a lightfoot halfling rogue, walks beside Milo. He's busy counting his rations, seeing how long until he can eat again. His stomach rumbles as he closes his eyes and tells himself to calm down. There were still a few hours before the real hunger set in. And the real hunger was the monster he feared.

Tirion attempts to distract himself by pulling out the dossier he had made on this mark, Leo'Sin, and reading over it one more time. A famed half-elf monk, powerful and notorious, dangerous but probably hiding some real nice trinkets in that robe of his. As long as Tirion could get close without risking a punch in the face, he'd be just fine.

The halfling puts the dossier away and checks his map. "We should be reaching Greenest, within the hour," he informs the group. "Let's pick up the pace so we can keep as much daylight as possible for the actual town."

Foodle
2015-03-25, 05:18 PM
Hamish McDougal, a tall, thin man, wearing a pair of well used spectacles, allows himself a smile at the halfling suggesting they should pick up the pace. He'd slowed his own steps considerably to match their shorter legs when he'd caught up with them and found they were all heading to the same place. Still it was good to be around people, being alone allowed his thoughts to wander too much and those always led to places and things he'd rather not think about like- Stop! He commands himself mentally, he'd almost found himself doing it again. He needed to talk.

"No thank you, dairy does strange things to me," he declines Milo's offer of the cheese.

"Do you know much of Greenest Master Stormweft?" he inquires of the halfling, hoping for some information about where he might head to offer his services when the arrived.

ODM
2015-03-25, 08:48 PM
Sora, a dragon born woman, found herself smiling at her luck. Not only had a little girl led her out of the city with bread, now some strange and short man is offering her cheese on her way back! Well if this wasn't her lucky day! She gladly reaches out a scaled hand and nods in response to the offer.

Watching the others reject the food blew Sora's mind but whatever. She takes out some bread she had pocketed earlier and eats it along side the cheese.

Thank you sir. she smiles. She would find him something nice when she got back to her alley. Something to repay him for the delicious cheese.

JNAProductions
2015-03-25, 08:53 PM
You round the bend, your idle chatter falling to silence as you see smoke rising above Greenest. In the smoke, a massive, winged blue dragon wheels and turns above the town, sending blasts of lightning down to lay waste, the destruction at utter odds with the calm and peaceful day.

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-25, 09:17 PM
Tirion leaps back in shock. "Bloody hell! Is that...a dragon?" he exclaims. "Damn...come on! We'd better check and see if there are any survivors!"

ODM
2015-03-25, 09:22 PM
Sora freezes for a moment. She begins thinking allowed. My city! No! Sora suddenly realized a conflict in the situation. Her speech suddenly becomes draconic. A dragon? Not even a dragon. She then draws her daggers and takes off towards the city as fast as she can.

Foodle
2015-03-25, 09:57 PM
"Hold on, i don't think it's done..." he trails off talking to Sora's back as she takes off. He looks up at the smoke cloud and the dragon and swallows hard. What was a dragon doing here? he wonders as he tucks his eyeglasses away in his pocket and the town and dragon vanish into a hazy blur in the distance. While he needed the glasses to see anything further away than he could throw, he could see reasonably well up close and running with them on never ended well.

"I'll try catch her," he tells the halflings as he starts to outpace them and catch up to Sora.

He'll try catch up to Sora and calm her down enough to not go running headlong into the dragons lightning breath.

ODM
2015-03-25, 10:04 PM
Sora notices the man running behind her. He joins me! Good! A big dragon! Sora slows down just enough to allow the man to catch up.Thank you.

Fabs
2015-03-25, 10:28 PM
The blabbermouth halfling suddenly becomes quiet, almost stunned at the sight of the town under attack.
With a soft voice he whispers a quick prayer

"Thank you, wise Torm, for leading me to these folk in need. As a humble servant, I shall put your power to good use.

Than he dashes to join his companions yielding shield and sword.

JNAProductions
2015-03-26, 08:59 AM
You all sprint towards Greenest, eventually slowing to a more moderate pace to avoid exhausting yourselves before you ever get there. After a mere half an hour, though it feels like an eternity, the gates come into sight, blasted to bits by the dragon's breath long ago.

Just within gates, there are six people, fleeing from two sinuous, hungry looking reptiles, collars around their throats and leashes trailing behind them.

Roll for initiative.
Drakes: [roll0]
Civilians: [roll1]

Fabs
2015-03-26, 10:18 AM
"I will protect you, townfolk!"

initiative: [roll0]

action: attack with sling: [roll1]
if it hits, damage: [roll2]

Then, I would like to move to try to position myself between the drakes and the civilians.

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-26, 10:50 AM
Tirion draws his bow and fires an arrow at the closest drake, attempting to draw its attention.
Attack (I have advantage because the drake hasn't noticed me yet): [roll0]
[roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack: [roll3]

ODM
2015-03-26, 12:24 PM
Sora rushes forward, letting out a roar followed by exhaling flames towards the attackers.

Sora would try to find a way to get both with her attack while avoiding civilians. If not possible, she would attack which ever was closest.

Breath weapon: 15foot cone of fire. DC 11 Dex save for half. [roll0]

Foodle
2015-03-26, 02:45 PM
"Over here!" Hamish calls to the fleeing villagers as he waves his arms to get their attention.

Rushing forward towards the drakes, he pulls a dart from his belt and flings it at the one leading the charge.

Initiative: [roll0]

Assuming i can't get into melee range on this turn, he'll try to get within 20ft and throw the dart, failing that, then within 60ft and throw it with disadvantage (long range)

Dart @ Lead Drake

Attack: [roll1] | If Long Range (Disadvantage): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
If Crit: [roll4]

JNAProductions
2015-03-26, 02:49 PM
The combat ensues, sling stones, darts, arrows and flames hurling out towards the drakes. Sora rushes fully past the drakes before unleashing gouts of fire, washing over both, the more wounded one left twitching dead on the ground.

The reamaining drake, skittish after seeing its mate slain, stays mostly in spot, just outside of Sora's reach, prepped to avoid anything that comes its way.

Drake 1: Dead
Drake 2: Dodge, Dexterity Save [roll0], 16 HP

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-26, 02:54 PM
Tirion knocks another arrow, frowning as the drake's erratic movements make it hard for him to pinpoint an exact spot to hit the drake at. He lets the arrow fly.

Attack (Disadvantage due to Dodge): [roll0]
[roll1]

JNAProductions
2015-03-26, 02:56 PM
The arrow sails past, striking sparks off the cobbled street.

Foodle
2015-03-26, 02:59 PM
Seeing just the lone drake remaining, Hamish rushes forward pulling his shortsword free in the process. Stabbing forward with the blade and using his forward momentum, his heel darts out toward the lizard as he now finds himself face to maw with the scaled... Pet? The collar had him quite confused.

Move: Get into Melee with the Drake

Free: Draw shortsword

Action: Shortsword @ Drake
Attack: [roll0] | Disadvantage: [roll1]
If Crit: [roll3]

Bonus Action: Martial Arts @ Drake
Attack: [roll4] | Disadvantage: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
If Crit: [roll7]

Fabs
2015-03-26, 03:07 PM
Milo tries to despatch the monster with a swing of his sword.

[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Fabs
2015-03-26, 03:14 PM
disadvantage roll because of the dodge [roll0]

ODM
2015-03-26, 04:35 PM
Sora examines the situation, taking pride in seeing the downed drake but still roaring with rage. If the remaining drake still stands, she strikes out at it with her daggers. If not she looks around to see if there are any any civilians who need help.

Attack rolls:
First attack- take lower for disadvantage:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Second attack- take lower for disadvantage
[roll3]
[roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

JNAProductions
2015-03-26, 04:39 PM
The drake darts the side, Hamish and Milo failing to land any blows, but it dodges into both of Sora's strikes, letting out a bellowing hiss of pain.

It sprints off, unwilling to remain in combat any longer.

Drake: 16-9=7 HP
Dash action to run away, so everyone except Tirion gets an AoO.

Foodle
2015-03-26, 04:53 PM
Hamish swipes out at the drake's flank as it turns to run, his blade biting deep into it's flesh. Then looks around for the villagers checking to make sure they made it to safety, perhaps they could explain something of the situation.

AoO: Shortsword @ Drake

Attack: [roll0]; CRIT!
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: [roll2]

OOC: FYI (Sora), proficiency doesn't get added to damage rolls. Just your attack rolls.

Fabs
2015-03-26, 04:57 PM
"You are not getting away, evil creature!"

Attack of oportunity: [roll0]
Reroll in case of natural 1 (halfling luck): [roll1]

JNAProductions
2015-03-26, 04:58 PM
The drake bleeds as it runs, falling to the ground dead.

Th... Thank you, a woman who appears to be the mother of the group says. I thought we were dead.

ODM
2015-03-26, 05:01 PM
Are you all okay? Sora asks frantically looking around for the other civilians.

oops. Sorry. I knew proficiency didn't go to that. I guess I blanked.

JNAProductions
2015-03-26, 05:05 PM
We're alive, she says, but I think the children are in shock. We have what we need to survive for the next few days, and hopefully we can return by then.

Thank you, but we have to go. Children, come along now, please hurry... She gathers up her family and rushes off along the road. It's not a safe place, but far less dangerous than Greenest is at the moment.

ODM
2015-03-26, 05:11 PM
Sora sheaths her weapons and begins to scan the skies for signs of the dragon, mumbling to herself in draconic. The beast. Something must be done. My city.

Fabs
2015-03-26, 05:11 PM
The diminutive paladin approaches and gently smiles at Sora, the dragonborn.

Color me impressed, lady. I would never like to find myself in the receiving end of your flamethrower routine!

ODM
2015-03-26, 05:16 PM
Sora manages a light smile for the first time since the dragon appears. She glances at the ground and the bodies and feels herself blush. Thank you friend. Glad to have you by my side.

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-26, 05:36 PM
Tirion looks up to the skies and nods. "Come on. We need to clear out any enemies in the city first. We can deal with the dragon once we're sure that whatever is leashing those drakes is no longer a threat to the people."

Foodle
2015-03-26, 06:20 PM
Hamish nods in agreement with Tirion. "We should clear a path into town, so any survivors can flee to safety from the flames and drakes," he says crouching over the dead drake and unhooking it's collar.

What ever was happening here, there was more than just a dragon afoot. These things had collars, which means they had handlers, which meant there was something else in town.

Are there any identifying marks on the collar? That might give a clue as to what else is attacking the place.
History: [roll0]

Foodle
2015-03-26, 06:27 PM
Quickly examining the collar, he frowns and places his glasses back on his face. "Do you see this?" he asks the others presenting the collar for inspection. "Those and the markings of the Cult of the Dragon. If this town is under attack by an army, we might be best served getting as many people to safety as we can."

ODM
2015-03-26, 06:38 PM
Understanding priorities for the first time since seeing the dragon, Sora nods. Right. Should we split to cover more ground or stay together? I know where the important people live.

Fabs
2015-03-26, 06:48 PM
There's strenght in numbers. We should stand together against our foe. Would you lead the way, lady Sora?

Foodle
2015-03-26, 07:07 PM
Important people, good. Bakers, Farmers, Carpenters. People to get the town back on it's feet after this was all over.

When Milo speaks, Hamish nods in agreement to them both. "If we stick together, we wont end up lost in the smoke and streets," the monk adds.

ODM
2015-03-26, 08:27 PM
Sora nods to them and starts weaving her way through the city and a brisk walk. She draws her crossbow and barely glances down alleyways. She will try to take a path that would hit as many of the most upopulated areas as possible before she reaches the keep. She will lead the others only stopping so that they can check on citizens they may encounter or if the group stops her for some reason.

Edit: unless of course there are more monsters to be killed.

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-26, 08:35 PM
Tirion follows behind the group, his eyes scanning the surrounding area, checking for any enemies who might be lurking in the alleys, as well as any survivors who may need help.

Perception: [roll0]

Fabs
2015-03-27, 12:15 PM
Milo, the halfling paladin, keeps close to the others.

If the group happens to pass by a looted store and if there are edibles or wines within reach, he will try to grab something good without the others noticing.

(no paladin of Torm should have to fight with empty stomach and dry throat) He thinks, in a way to justify himself.

Stealth roll for trying to loot wine and/or tasty foods without the group noticing: [roll0]

Reroll in case of natural 1 (halfling's luck): [roll1]

JNAProductions
2015-03-27, 08:26 PM
As you run through the town, you see five men dressed in armor with arms beared pulling loot from a wrecked storefront. The man in a plumed cap spots you and barks an order, ATTACK!

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-27, 08:38 PM
Tirion pulls the brim of his hat low and takes note of the bandits in front of him. "So uncouth...really, a thief should act with more grace and dignity than that."

Tirion takes a look at these men, looking for some common mark on their clothes or some common holy symbol around their necks. Something that would suggest who they are.

ODM
2015-03-27, 09:31 PM
Sora is highly confused. Beasts? Humans were attacking too? But it was a dragon... and drakes... Why now humans?

[roll0]

Foodle
2015-03-27, 10:00 PM
Opportunistic lowlife looters or perhaps followers of the cult those drakes belonged to. It didn't matter either way, Hamish wasn't about to stand around and let them kill him. "Be careful," he warns the others and he fans out from the group, forcing the approaching men to divide themselves.

Should we be posting our intended actions also?

Fabs
2015-03-28, 10:40 AM

Slingshot: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Milo tries best as he can to position himself between the grunts and his friends.

these bandits better not have drunk all the good stuff. I'm really thirsty.

Foodle
2015-03-28, 04:45 PM
Taking another dart from his belt, Hamish looks down at his dwindling supply. 10 had seemed like too many when he was deciding what he should take, but he was beginning to think he might be using all of them today. Whipping his hand forward towards the one that had ordered the attack, he throws the small sharp chunk of metal.

Dart @ Looter

Attack: [roll0]

ODM
2015-03-29, 08:19 AM
Sora frees her hands and begins mumbling under her breath. Suddenly a ray of blue light shoots from her hands towards the men.

Move: Sheath (or equivalent word if that doesn't apply) crossbow. Drop it if I'm wrong about timing.
Action: Attack Ray of Frost: if one seems to be looking like he may try to flee, she will target him. Otherwise just the closest.
attack roll [roll0]
Their speed will also slow by 10 if I hit.

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-29, 08:43 AM
Tirion knocks an arrow and waits for the perfect moment.

Readying an action to fire an arrow when one of Tirion's allies gets in melee range of an enemy.

Sneak Attack: [roll2]

JNAProductions
2015-03-29, 06:29 PM
The nearest two between you four and the man with the plumed cap drop down, unconcious and dying as a hail of metal and magic assaults them. The leader barks an order at his men to stay, but has to force them forwards after seeing their allies defeated so easily.

They do, however, rush forward to the Dragonborn, seeing the largest as the most dangerous, and hack away with their blades.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

NeoSeraphi
2015-03-29, 06:42 PM
Tirion growls and charges forward. "Sora! Behind you!"

He launches an arrow at the man and attempts to get himself into a position to distract the man.

Sneak Attack (He's adjacent to Sora): [roll2]

When Tirion gets to Sora's side, he'll use the Help action to grant her....a free Dodge? Is that a thing? Like, use my bonus action to Help and impose disadvantage on the warrior's next attack roll against her? (Maybe by granting advantage on attack rolls against me?)

Foodle
2015-03-29, 07:36 PM
Hamish darts across the lane to the dragonborn's aid with his shortsword ready. Flicking a cut at a warrior's calf, he pivots forward, swinging around with his leg aimed high in a blow to the head.

Move: Get in melee with the looters.

Action: Attack

Shortsword @ Looter: [roll0]

Bonus Action: Martial Arts

Kick @ Looter: [roll3] (Or against a different looter if the shortsword attack kills the first guy)
Damage: [roll4]
If Crit: [roll5]

"Help" is a action. As in, uses up your action for that round. It's what makes familiar's so good, as they can "Help" but not attack (unless your a chain warlock), granting advantage on attacks or relevant skills.

ODM
2015-03-29, 08:01 PM
Sora roars in pain and draws into herself, watching her attackers and trying to draw her weapons.

Action:Dodge
Move and bonus: Draw her two daggers.

It was said that a draw is a move and a second similar action uses up bonus right? And I can use them with the dodge action? Just making sure. Dodge is the first priority if I am wrong.

Also did we make sure to take into account the readied action for when they attacked me from one of my companions? Also just a side note, forgot the biggest flaw in my loving the versatility of this build: low health if they can manage a hit. If both had, I'd be down.

Fabs
2015-03-29, 08:19 PM
The tiny paladin runs up to his new draconic friend and tries to slash the grunt that did her harm. Why dont you try picking at someone half your size for a change? He swings his sword trying to look as valiant as he can.

attack roll: [roll0]

reroll in case of natural 1 (halfling luck):[roll1]

damage: [roll2]
if crit: [roll3]