PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Movies

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-04-11, 05:04 PM
Ok so we have a bit of a contraversy about which of the Indiana Jones movies are the "worst" or which one do you like the least?

Da Beast
2007-04-11, 05:14 PM
That's a tough call between Last Crusade and Lost Arc. I voted for Crusade because Connery is so entertaining.

anphorus
2007-04-11, 05:18 PM
I clicked Last Crusade, then realised the poll was for which one I liked least. Dammit.

For Least I'd say Temple. Not that it wasn't a great movie, but it's a tough call between three of my favourite movies. Plus I was practically raised on Crusade, Back to the Future II and Muppet Cristmas Carol, so...

Daze
2007-04-11, 05:39 PM
hee hee.. good thread.

I'd have to go with Crusade. Of the three, I felt it just tried to do too much and took itself a bit too seriously. Not that it was a bad movie, but I didnt get the same amount of enjoyment as I did from Temple or Raiders.

Sean Connery wasnt neccesarily a welcome addition either, I think he took a bit too much of the screen away from Indy..

averagejoe
2007-04-11, 05:43 PM
Wow, tough call between Crusade and Doom, neither of which was a good movie at all. I ended up picking Doom, because of that annoying kid.

Daze
2007-04-11, 05:45 PM
Wow, tough call between Crusade and Doom, neither of which was a good movie at all. I ended up picking Doom, because of that annoying kid.

Darnit.. Short Round was awesome... the little english as a second language lisp he had.. cmon, it was endearing. Plus he had a mean roundhouse kick! Even Indy needs friends...

averagejoe
2007-04-11, 05:52 PM
Darnit.. Short Round was awesome... the little english as a second language lisp he had.. cmon, it was endearing. Plus he had a mean roundhouse kick! Even Indy needs friends...

Yeah, but not painful racial stereotype type friends.

Daze
2007-04-11, 06:04 PM
Yeah, but not painful racial stereotype type friends.

hehe, yeah right :P
Like Sallah (sp?) is any better? or the English museum keeper? or the Germans even? (not friends obviously in that last case.. Nazi bastards)

averagejoe
2007-04-11, 06:09 PM
hehe, yeah right :P
Like Sallah (sp?) is any better? or the English museum keeper? or the Germans even? (not friends obviously in that last case.. Nazi bastards)

I forget who Sallah is, and I only vaguely remember the museum keeper (it's been awhile since I've seen them. Hmmm, I should go rent Raiders tonight...) It's alright to stereotype Nazis though. Myep.

Darkxarth
2007-04-11, 06:17 PM
I really disliked Temple of Doom. It seemed weak compared to the others, Last Crusade is my personal favorite.

psychoduck14
2007-04-11, 06:23 PM
man i love those movies! im gunna have to go with raiders raiders as my least favorite although its very close to crusade.. .my favorite is shurely temple of doom, hands down but least fav was pretty hard

BrokenButterfly
2007-04-11, 06:27 PM
I wussed out and didn't vote. I can't decide which of the three is my favourite, let alone which one I don't like. When there are only three it can be tricky to pull them apart. I enjoyed all three for different reasons.

Actually I think I will vote for Temple of Doom after all. Parts of that film were kinda silly, and the "heroine" was really quite annoying.

Daze
2007-04-11, 06:44 PM
Actually I think I will vote for Temple of Doom after all. Parts of that film were kinda silly, and the "heroine" was really quite annoying.
She wasnt really a heroine.. she was a damsel in distress.. I thought the gal in raiders was much more annoying, even though she was a heckuva drinker!

I forget who Sallah is, and I only vaguely remember the museum keeper (it's been awhile since I've seen them. Hmmm, I should go rent Raiders tonight...) It's alright to stereotype Nazis though. Myep.

Sallah was the Egyptian guy played by Jonathyn Rhys Davies (I think that was him?).. he made appearances in both Raiders and Last crusade.

and heh... yes, its always OK to stereotype Nazis...

CaptainSam
2007-04-11, 06:50 PM
Temple of Doom was the worst by far. You know why? No Nazis! Indiana Jones lives to beat up Nazis! That's what he's there for! No Nazis = No Indy.

Daze
2007-04-11, 06:52 PM
Temple of Doom was the worst by far. You know why? No Nazis! Indiana Jones lives to beat up Nazis! That's what he's there for! No Nazis = No Indy.

But death goddess worshipping slavers? cmon... thats a close second... ;)

Da Beast
2007-04-11, 07:09 PM
Aw crap, i thought the poll was for favorite. Is there anyway to change my vote to Temple?

Daze
2007-04-11, 07:15 PM
Aw crap, i thought the poll was for favorite. Is there anyway to change my vote to Temple?

Nope.. it's your concious telling you to do the right thing ;)

Jack Squat
2007-04-11, 07:17 PM
ok, to clear everything up, with characters. Sallah is the guy who got the camels.

"I said no Camels!"

And can I pick Young Indiana Jones as least fav, since it's impossible for me to pick out of the 3 given?

Daze
2007-04-11, 08:00 PM
ok, to clear everything up, with characters. Sallah is the guy who got the camels.

"I said no Camels!"

And can I pick Young Indiana Jones as least fav, since it's impossible for me to pick out of the 3 given?

Ahhh.. good choice as least fave! that definitely takes it.. or maybe that junky saturday morning cartoon the had in the early 90's.. that was pretty bad too!

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-11, 11:47 PM
Temple of doom was awful, although it has a following among bondage afficianadoes due to the scene with capshaw in the rack.

The last was the best, IMO. Connery as Indy's dad was excellent.

Lucky
2007-04-11, 11:59 PM
Darn it! I thought this was a best poll, I didn't even bother to read the headline.

So one less vote for Raiders, and one more for Temple.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-04-12, 12:59 AM
So this should actually be

1 raiders
16 temple
6 crusader

Nerzi
2007-04-12, 06:14 AM
Temple definitely, the most annoying female lead ever, the painful racial stereotype as comic relief which wasn't even funny when I was child who liked crap comedy. Also as some one else said; no Nazis. :smallfrown:

The action was predomanantly good, that's all I can say for it.

Last Crusade was the best, shortly followed by Lost Ark (this may be because I watched them out of sequence and saw Last Crusade first and LOVED it)

bosssmiley
2007-04-12, 12:56 PM
Mighty: "Raiders of the Lost Ark" :smallbiggrin:

OK: "Last Crusade" :smallamused:

Weak: "Temple of Doom" :smallyuk:

(painful embarrassment and Hollywood abusing your childhood dreams: "Indy 4" :smallfurious: )

Also: Sallah = Gimli. Which is just awesome.

Om
2007-04-12, 01:04 PM
Poor poll choice. It should have been which is your favourite.

Last Crusade was the best and Temple the worst. 'nuff said.

jjpickar
2007-04-12, 01:11 PM
Oops I thought it was which one you liked best. Crap on a stick...

RyanJ
2007-04-12, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Temple was the worst of the three. Reasons? 1- It's a prequel, and prequels seem to automatically suck. 2- Terrible female lead. Very annoying. Probably got the job cuz she was sleeping with Spielburg (they're married). 3- No Nazis. Not because Indy is any less cool without Nazis, but Nazis getting their asses kicked makes any movie better.

So ToD isn't terrible, it's just not as good as the others.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-04-12, 03:35 PM
Poor poll choice. It should have been which is your favourite.

Last Crusade was the best and Temple the worst. 'nuff said.

We had a discussion in a different thread about which movie was the worst of the three so this poll is exactly what I wanted. I just needed to put the title in the thread name as well.

@V Meh not a big deal but it isn't the same data. You could have temple and crusades tie under the "favorite" catagory but not under the "worst" catagory because there are three options. People just need to be more observant.

If it really bugs you make a new poll...

Om
2007-04-12, 03:47 PM
We had a discussion in a different thread about which movie was the worst of the threeSomething that polling the favourite also would have told you :smallwink:

I don't mean to be overly critical here, its just that when people are asked to rank something it usually proceeds from best to worst. The thread title wouldn't matter - you'd still get people simply picking their favourite.

Andiamo
2007-04-13, 11:02 PM
I clicked Last Crusade, then realised the poll was for which one I liked least. Dammit.

Yeah, I did the exact same thing.

I don't think I could pick a least favourite though. They're all great.

JellyPooga
2007-04-15, 09:38 AM
Wow...I'm really surprised to see so many people say that it's a tough call. For me it's a no-brainer. Temple of Doom is by far the worst of the three. Far too comedy for my liking. Indy is about adventure first with some tongue-in-cheek laughs. ToD is a psuedo-comedy with a bit of adventure.

If it was 'Which is the Best', then a toss up between 'Raiders' and 'Crusade' is highly debatable (IMO), though I'd go for 'Raiders' myself.

Imrahil
2007-04-15, 05:45 PM
For the worst movie, it's Temple of Doom, hands down. They tried to put too much comic relief into the movie, and the 'leading lady' just grates on one's nerves. Oh, and it needed Nazis. Indy just isn't Indy unless he's smacking Nazis around.
As for the best of the three, I find it hard to decide between the other two since they both have their merits. If it came down to it, The Last Crusade would take it since it has the impeccable Sir Sean.

ishi
2007-04-15, 07:54 PM

For Least I'd say Temple.

This. I need to learn to read one of these days.