PDA

View Full Version : Designing A Logo That Can Be Easily Misinterpreted

Trevortni
2015-03-25, 05:33 PM
I'm trying to design a logo for a campaign I'm working on that can easily be misinterpreted when incomplete.

It's on a medical device, and it's intended to give some idea of its function. The device is super highly advanced prototype, by the good guys of long ago, that is able to heal basically anything. But after the ship is was on was destroyed about 6000 years ago, it has been subjected to the ravages of space and time before crashing onto Earth as a meteorite. A preacher is healed by it, and sees the (broken) logo glowing, and interprets it as an angel, thus believing it is a sign from heaven that he should take a leap off the deep end.

The logo should obviously have a humanoid figure as a centerpiece; I've experimented with adding circles that end up looking like wings when they get smudged, but my results haven't exactly looked the greatest. Anybody have any ideas how I could accomplish this? Damage to the logo can be additive or subtractive, but it should still be obvious that the before and after images are the same thing when compared side-by-side.