PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Mulletman258
2015-03-26, 10:49 AM
I want to take a prestige class, but my existing classes don't give me tumble, which is a prerequisite I need for the new class. How can I get at least two tumble ranks without taking a class with it?

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-26, 10:54 AM
I want to take a prestige class, but my existing classes don't give me tumble, which is a prerequisite I need for the new class. How can I get at least two tumble ranks without taking a class with it?
Spend 2 points per level on tumble. If you don't have tumble as a class skill it is considered a "cross-class skill". Which means that every point you put in it counts as 0.5 points. So you need to spend 4 points to get 2 ranks.

It is also worth nothing that your max ranks available for that skill is half of what it would be if it was a class skill.

OldTrees1
2015-03-26, 11:03 AM
You can easily get the 2 ranks by spending 4 skill points as described above.

OR

You could be a Skilled City Dweller (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) and trade Ride for Tumble as a class skill.

Since you just need 2 ranks, taking them crossclass is probably easier. If you needed something like 8 ranks then getting it as a class skill would make more sense.