PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition Question

Glarx
2015-03-26, 03:18 PM
Fearsome Rebuke, in the Book of Magic, indicates that you can use Fearsome Rebuke on people normally immune to mental effects and interaction. Does this mean it can be used against people who're Fearless, since Fearless is an Immunity to Fear and not an Immunity to Mental Effects or Interaction? (Both of those are specific things you can be Immune to, at least according to Hero Lab. That's the crux of my question -- does it specifically mean those to things, excluding Fearless, or are those just examples of things it pierces?)

Kid Jake
2015-03-26, 03:54 PM
Considering that Fearless is a simple 1 point effect and Immunity is pretty costly; I'd say it would definitely override Fearless if it overrides Immunity.

Beleriphon
2015-03-27, 09:26 AM
Fearsome Rebuke, in the Book of Magic, indicates that you can use Fearsome Rebuke on people normally immune to mental effects and interaction. Does this mean it can be used against people who're Fearless, since Fearless is an Immunity to Fear and not an Immunity to Mental Effects or Interaction? (Both of those are specific things you can be Immune to, at least according to Hero Lab. That's the crux of my question -- does it specifically mean those to things, excluding Fearless, or are those just examples of things it pierces?)

Mental effects and Interaction are different than Fearless, or rather they can be. Essentially Fearless is just Immunity to Fear. It could be a Mental effect, but it doesn't have to be.