PDA

View Full Version : Youth's Way of the Wicked IC

Youth of Today
2015-03-26, 05:12 PM
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/188080/Branderscar_Prison.png

The Kingdom of Talingarde is one of the most noble nations in all of the world. Guarded by the God Mitra, it shines as a bastion of hope and light. Ruled by the glorious Kind Markadian V and the house Darius, Talingarde is a safe land for almost all who live there. However, six people have gone against this, you have broken the law, done a crime so bad that you have been sentenced to time in prison Branderscar. In Branderscar you have but one future... Death. Whether it's by execution, burning or life in the salt mines. All of your deaths are inevitable. In three days you shall die. Many crimes may send you to Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one meaning. You are wicked and irredeemable. Each of you received the same greeting when you arrived. You were held down by rough hands and branded upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies ‘forsaken’ and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals. Condemned, you face at best a life of shackles and servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others might await the “gentle” ministrations of the inquisitors so that co-conspirators may be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps, some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps instead you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgment. In three days, the executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit. Through fire or steel, your crimes will be answered. You have all been chained together in the same communal cell dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery you once possessed is either ruined or long lost. No special treatment has been given any prisoner – male or female, commoner or noble – all of the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted right outside the cell day and night. Little thought is given to long term accommodations. At Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure. Escape seems hopeless. You have all been well searched and every attempt to conceal anything on your person has failed. And if you could somehow slip your bonds and fly out of this prison, where would you go? Who from your former life would want anything to do with the forsaken? Despised, alone and shackled – all that you can do now is await your doom. For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you, hope is a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after what each of you has done?

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/167940/Branded.gif

You are all sat alone in the cell, shackled and staring at each other, what hope is left for your futures?

Smileybastard
2015-03-26, 05:36 PM
Rolland (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=130982)

Rolland rests against the wall as best he can. His large frame twisted to accommodate the restrictions of the chains. His long dark dark hair hanging over his face giving him a more brooding look than usual. He forces a long breath from his lungs and breaths in through his nose.

He turns his head to the left and then the right sizing up those he is chained to and wonders how many are here because of the twisted justice of this land. The justice, that up to a few days ago, his life was devoted to. His eyes scan the cell looking for anything to give him hope.

"So did anyone bring bones(dice)? I tire of just sitting here and we need a way to assign the privilege of killing the guard outside the cell," he says mirthlessly.

DarkOne-Rob
2015-03-26, 05:54 PM
Smiling and carrying on as if at a festival or party instead of a prison, Jezebel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=129586)'s beauty is apparent in spite of her shoddy attire. Her laugh and the twinkle in her eyes seems very out of place...

"Oh no, the only bones to be found here remain in all of our bodies - they strip searched me rather thoroughly, actually. And without even buying me dinner first!" she exclaims, her mocking pout a caricature of the spurned damsel. "But if you are planning to do any killing, I want in on the action - nothing brings out the color of my hair like a little blood on my cheeks. Besides, Lillith is hungry...Who's up for a little guard-tartare?"

Saying this last bit loudly enough that the passing patrol must hear, she yawns dramatically, yanking on the chains of her neighbors without seeming to be aware of it. Then settling in to a sing-song bit of humming she idly inspects her fingernails as she looks around the jail cell.

Perception Check(s) on everything in sight - taking 20s for 25 on the other prisoners, the jail cell, the chains - everything. If there is a way to start breaking free, she wants to find it...

Tiny
2015-03-26, 05:59 PM
The Beast was raging. Ever since he was brought here it had thrashed around tugging at his consciousnesses without any signs of tiring. It was furious about the shackles. It had howled in anger as the branding iron had seared their flesh. Now it was cursing his impotence as it crept around trying to provoke him. Always prodding, searching for a way to gain control. The hopelessness of the situation made it easier to resist the raging emotions of his.. his what? He could not yet explain the nature of the Beast but he blamed it for everything. Marius was shivering in the cold dampness of the prison cell. How else could he have ended up inside such an insidious place if not for the torrent of unconstrained blood thirst that the Beast represented? His long black hair was greasy and hung in unwashed stripes across his pale angular face. 'Oh, but you liked it little Marius.. and we liked it so much when you let us out.' It taunted him with flashbacks of the hospital and the taste of iron. He imagined it was grinning.

In order to get away from the memories he looked around the cell. There were at least five other prisoners here and as he knew from experience how horrible you had to be to get sent to Branderscar.. These days of waiting for the headsman might be some very unpleasant ones indeed. Wait.. that man.. I think I recognize him? But where have I seen him before.. Not wanting to break the silence just yet he was content with observing his fellow prisoners in the gloomy dark of the cell for the moment. The shadowy illumination concealing nothing from his black and amber eyes.

To get the layout of the cell where everyone are and if there are any guards etc. Perception:[roll0]

QuidEst
2015-03-26, 10:13 PM
Infernal was, by necessity, a descriptive language. It was the parlance of devils, after all, the lord of whom claimed to have penned the very contract of creation itself. It allowed equally for both absolute clarity of statement and subtle ambiguity. And yet Kyoni found that it lacked words to describe how abjectly she had failed. For a Rakshasa, death was not the end, but merely the beginning. They would be reincarnated, rising or falling in power in accordance with their success in the previous life. Naturally, death remained a considerable setback to one's plans, and even an preternaturally brief adolescence was a nuisance, but it was a brief setback compared to a very long life. For a Rakshasa to have their soul caught, however, and shut off from the wheel of reincarnation? Lifetimes of work would crumble away in the interim as contingencies for self-heirdom would expire. Any Rakshasa eventually freed from such ignominy would surely be reincarnated as a lowly Raktavana, nothing more than a serpent. What fate, then, awaited one who, when freed, was caught not even a fortnight later and sentenced to death? It made her sick just thinking about it.

And what had she accomplished in that time? True, she had obtained a host, however weak. And she had secured dominance over it. Had she failed there, she had no doubt she would have slipped from the wheel and sent to suffer for lifetimes of sins. The only feast she'd had was that of the ritual, and every other carnal pleasure had been denied her. A fact that she felt no better about now that she was chained next to several very attractive (albeit filthy) individuals, unable to do anything about it. Pathetic. The other woman's upbeat attitude was intensely irritating, but she wasn't about to sacrifice any tiny lingering shred of dignity by losing composure.

"Mmm. I'll waive my claim so long as I get to watch it happen." She smiled fondly at the thought of one the burly men she was chained up with bashing the guard's head against the stone again and again and again. She was having trouble deciding between the half-breed orc and the good looking one.

skypse
2015-03-27, 07:21 AM
Kaelmourn sat quietly in his corner, not paying much attention to what the others were saying. His mind and eyes got lost for a second to the beautiful woman talking across the room but he quickly found his focus again. He had been monitoring the motion outside the cell for some time now, trying to figure out the pattern of the guards' shifts. Methodically watching and hearing everything from outside, waiting until it was the right time for him to escape his shackles. They were strong, but not strong and tight enough for someone like himself. All he wanted was some moments of silence so he could work without alerting the guard outside.
Hey keep it down you there! If you keep talking they will just come inside and beat us down more. We need to be patient! If you prove to be a good girl I'll take you to dinner once we are out of here ok?

Take 20 on perception for 31. If I can't then roll
[roll0]
Kaelmourn's looking for anything that lies or moves around, and tries to figure out the guards' shift program. If you need any other rolls I take 20 on any of those that I can, otherwise let me know.

DarkOne-Rob
2015-03-27, 08:37 AM
Hey keep it down you there! If you keep talking they will just come inside and beat us down more. We need to be patient! If you prove to be a good girl I'll take you to dinner once we are out of here ok?
Stretching and flipping her shoulder-length hair out of her face Jezebel smiles at the man across the cell. "Be patient? For what? It isn't like people escape from Brandrscar, so we might as well have some fun in the meanwhile. If all six of us work together, maybe we can choke a few to death with the chains and take them down with us! It'll be fun, and we won't be any worse off for it." Her smile is clearly predatory as she grins broadly at her cell mates.

Tiny
2015-03-27, 09:32 AM
At that an eerie but savage laugh seemed to fill the cell. The Beast was stirring once again 'Yes! that woman knows how to enjoy herself! Get them inside! Get them all within reach!' "I would just shot us full with arrows or poke us with a spear..." Marius broke his silence and spoke as much to himself as to his cell mates. "Or do you honestly believe that the guards at this place are so foolish as to walk up within reach of the supposedly worst criminals in the land to rough them up?" It was not a encouraging thing to say. But then again Marius was sentenced to die in a few days, exhausted and in a rather miserable mood.

His head suddenly snapped up violently. "But then again.." His lips parted wide and showed a garniture many wolves would be envious of and looked at her with a shining odd spark in his eyes. "If we die either way why not take the chance at some carnage?" Then the spark died and the dark haired man looked down and seemed to withdraw in himself. 'Damn! I need to keep it from taking control.' It was just a moments slip in concentration but it had been enough for the Beast to leap at the opportunity to wrest his mouth from him. 'Damn it all to hell!'

crowe
2015-03-27, 10:02 AM
He was not allowed to look at women. The Master...FATHER forbade it. To glance at a woman would garner a swift beating, or perhaps the lash. But the Father wasn't here, Father was so much dog dung spread across the lawn of the burnt corpse of THE HOUSE. Father was gone, and now there was a new Master, a true master, the whispers were slow and quiet, but they promised all so much. The woman looked at him, and Varag looked back, unashamed, unbowed. The others jabbered and barked, but he paid them know mind. She did not look like she wanted him, her sharp eyes and intense stare said more like she meant to devour him, or more likely use him. It made sense to him, he had what she did not, strength. Perhaps she had what he did not, a plan to escape this place. Still, the new Master required tact, subtlety.

"YOU, woman, tell me, what does this mark mean?"Varag says gruffly, showing her the burn that they all seemed to share.

DarkOne-Rob
2015-03-27, 10:52 AM
Smiling as her words inspire the others to a spirit of bloodlust and spirit, Jezebel acknowledges the others with stunning smiles and an inspired expression. "That's the attitude! Never go down without fighting every moment of the descent, and take everyone you can along with you! Such ambition will always be fruitful, so teaches the First and his church!" she says, a bit quieter now, but no less passionately.

Turning to look at the "F" burned into the flesh of her cellmate, the woman replies, "It means 'forsaken' to the fools who have us imprisoned. They believe it condemns us even should we escape to a life of rejection and loneliness. The mark is meant to plunge us into despair - instead, you should use it to fuel your desire to live and fight your way free of here, killing the sheep of Mitra as you can on the way!"

crowe
2015-03-27, 02:21 PM
Smiling as her words inspire the others to a spirit of bloodlust and spirit, Jezebel acknowledges the others with stunning smiles and an inspired expression. "That's the attitude! Never go down without fighting every moment of the descent, and take everyone you can along with you! Such ambition will always be fruitful, so teaches the First and his church!" she says, a bit quieter now, but no less passionately.

Turning to look at the "F" burned into the flesh of her cellmate, the woman replies, "It means 'forsaken' to the fools who have us imprisoned. They believe it condemns us even should we escape to a life of rejection and loneliness. The mark is meant to plunge us into despair - instead, you should use it to fuel your desire to live and fight your way free of here, killing the sheep of Mitra as you can on the way!"

"Forsaken....,"Varag says,""Oh that is rich, Forsaken, I wish I had a copper to tip the brander, I WAS BORN FORSAKEN, I NEED NO MARK TO REMEMBER!" Kaust begins laughing heartily.

Smileybastard
2015-03-27, 04:53 PM
Rolland

Rolland rises to his full height and stretches. "The truth is they have not forsaken us ... we have forsaken them and their petty ways. Their pointless laws that seek to do the impossible, blend good and law. Good is but a disease that corrupts everything, weakens everything."
He looks around the cell. "This place is weak. These men are weak." He pulls on the chains. "They put these chains on us, because they are weak."

"We will be patient, but we will not be silent. Let them come and beat us again and show the facade that is good. Let them see no fear in our eyes nor hearts and in that moment they will feel fear of those they have chained." He smiles a smile that has never touched his face before. A wicked smile full of venom and understanding.

QuidEst
2015-03-27, 05:11 PM
Kyoni closed her eyes for a moment. She did not know if gods and goddesses gave patience, or if that was beneath them. It was clear that they would stoop to taking it away. She addressed the half-orc first. "In less abstract terms, the mark is also in case you somehow do escape. You'll have to hide it, and any priest who might heal it would recognize it." She eyed the two idealists skeptically. "I'm all for dying with dignity, when there's no alternative to dying. But we are still locked up. Why? Because, at least collectively, they were stronger than us. And unless we stop being locked up, fighting to the very end is not going to be fruitful, at least beyond making you look like a bruised apple. But I'm not here because of any fine ideals. I'm here because I killed a man and ate him. Well, parts of him, but it's not a distinction they seem to care about. I'm Kyoni, by the way, for however long that name is useful." She gave a little wave at the others, hampered by the chains.

skypse
2015-03-27, 05:23 PM
Well, if you are not going to stop talking then how about breaking the chains? After all you seem to have a plan in mind right? No? I thought so... This is supposed to be the best prison around the continent for a reason. It's not like they were keeping babies in here before they brought us! We can't get out of the chains unless someone unlocks them for us. And this isn't going to happen before the time of our execution. We have the slightest time frame in the history of time itself, and all eyes turned on us when we, at the same time, have our best chance to escape. Keep your powers and strength until that time comes or pray to whatever Gods you believe in for a miracle.
Kaelmourn turns to Kyoni:
Ate someone? What do you mean "ate" him? Did you cook him or something? You don't really seem like the person who eats raw food but who am I to judge. Still, I find it hard to believe that I am in the same cell with a cannibal. After all, all I did was to speak with some peasants! And those royal bastards accused me for high treason!
Sighs
The name's Kaelmourn. Master thief and infiltrator, and a great spokesperson! There are no chains in the world that can hold me down! Well, except for these beauties over here. The bastards tightened them so hard that only if I break my precious hands I will be able to remove them. But even then, who would heal my hands back to normal so I can free you too?

QuidEst
2015-03-27, 08:43 PM
Kyoni couldn't help a small smile at what Kaelmourn said. It was gratifying that even in the company of the condemned, she still strained credulity. "I mean what I said. As for whether it was cooked or not, it was a little of both. I enjoy cooking, but there's also something to be said for very fresh meat." Admittedly, that had been more to ensure that the bare necessities of the ritual were completed as quickly as possible. An interruption would have been ruinous, after all. Human meat was quite similar to pork, and while enjoyable raw, was much better when prepared properly. "I do suspect you 'just spoke to peasants' like I 'just had dinner', though."

Youth of Today
2015-03-28, 05:40 AM
Jezebel sees that the cell is old, yet sturdy, the chains won't break without immense force or some kind of tools to help pick the locks.

Suddenly you hear a beating on the cell door and a shout to get up off your miserable arses and stand. The man who enters the room is Sergeant Tomas Blackerly, the man who branded you. The man who laughed while your skin burnt. Yet today he doesn't seem quite as focused as before, as he points at Rolland he shouts, 'You there! That’s the scum! Get ‘em unshackled. If any of you makes trouble, they’ll earn a thrashing! Today’s your lucky day, scum. You’ve got a visitor. How you ever warranted such a fine lady is beyond me. Seems she wants to say good-bye. Now step lively. We wouldn’t want to keep her waiting.'

Yet Rolland isn't expecting anyone, the Sergeant grabs Rolland's arms, handcuffing him as he unshackles him to make sure he has no way of escape. He drags him out of the room and into another room. The room where you were 'interrogated'. Today however, rather than a burning brand, instead a young beautiful woman with platinum hair is sat facing Rolland and the guard. Her garment makes it seem as though she is going to a funeral with a veil over her hauntingly beautiful face and a dress of black. Clearly this woman has been weeping as she cries, 'Oh dearest, I'm so relieved you're alive,' quickly she turns to Tomas, Could we please have a moment alone, good sir? For pity’s sake?' Tomas goes blank for a bit and then quickly agrees. 'Of course, my lady. For you,’ tis no problem.'

Smileybastard
2015-03-28, 06:24 AM
Rolland

Upon hearing the guard call and telling them to stand, he considers sitting, but before he has made up his mind, his name is called and a visitor is mentioned-a fine lady. Rolland raises an eyebrow. Who could that be? It does not matter, this could be the chance for me to break free. Keep your eyes open.

Upon coming face to face with the beautiful woman, he becomes a little lost. Who is she and why is she here, and why asking for me? I can play along.

"I am alive for now, my love."

Bluff [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2015-03-28, 07:41 AM
Jezebel watches events unfold with a dimpled smile, liking her lips hungrily at the various guards but not making any sudden moves with so many present.

skypse
2015-03-28, 08:53 AM
Kaelmourn's eyes sparkle! He knows this is as good time as any to grab his chance. He doubted the intelligence of the guards so he had to try. After all, they were just guards and nothing more.
Hey buddy! The lady could also be for me! My middle name is Rolland and my family and close friends know me by that name. Let me see her because she might get scared seeing someone she doesn't know!

Bluff check [roll0]

If bluff succeeds, the creatures that got bluffed take -2 for the next 24hours on their rolls if I try to bluff them again.

QuidEst
2015-03-28, 04:53 PM
Kyoni shot a glare at Kaelmourn. Great, there went any chance of them taking advantage of the unusual interruption. Not that it made a difference, since the guards weren't foolish enough to let anybody else out. "Middle name? Really?" she hissed under her breath.

Tiny
2015-03-29, 03:50 PM
"Must be nice to have someone caring about you enough to visit this place, sir Rolland." His words to the elf were dripping with sarcasm. 'But I care about us Marius.' The beast laughed in his head but made no attempts to steal his voice again. "Odd that they allow for visitors though, I thought this was supposed to be a secure prison."

QuidEst
2015-03-29, 04:05 PM
Kyoni gave a hurt and put-upon look. "Really, you wound me. When I heard you were in here, I came as quickly as I could. It just happened that 'as quickly as possible' involved a little high-profile murder to get in. Don't I feel silly now, finding out they allow visitors after all."

crowe
2015-03-29, 04:19 PM
Varag observes silently, they waste their breath on such quibbles, nervous chatter will not save them.

Tiny
2015-03-29, 05:09 PM
"Good call on taking your time to eat before you decided to drop in Lady Kyoni. The cuisine in here is terrible and talks way to much. Our own dinner were rudely interrupted before we got half way through the aperitif. Yes we positively could murder for a good drink right now." Wait.. That was not what he had meant to say at all. The beast howled with glee as it toyed with him. Even so it was in a way liberating to let it control the conversation. The too wide grin had plastered itself on his face once more.

QuidEst
2015-03-29, 05:37 PM
Kyoni smiled back, arching an eyebrow. "A fellow connoisseur? I'm sorry I couldn't bring a decent meal along with me. I was informed they had a resident chef, but it turns out he's in for poisoning some duke. Quite the disappointment."

Youth of Today
2015-03-30, 01:29 AM
As soon as the guard shuts the door, the woman's whole demeanour changes. Suddenly you see no grief or sorrow in her eyes as she sits up, like she's about to discuss business,'Have you forgotten me, dearest?' the unexpected visitor says with a smirk, dropping her pretense of grief. 'Call me Tiadora. We possess a mutual friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cell-mates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in your present rather shabby accommodations so it seems you must escape. Don’t be so dour. Just because it’s never been done before is no reason you can’t be the first.

'If you manage that, cross the moors on the outskirts of town. On the old Moor Road you’ll see a manor house with a single lantern burning in the second story. There our mutual friend waits. That is all I know. He did want me to give you this.' She takes off her silken veil and wipes away a few fake tears with it.

'Something to remember me by, dearest'

Tiny
2015-03-30, 03:32 AM
Sizing up Kyoni from a distance still wearing the smiling mask the shackled man answered. "Yes. We could say it was a transforming experience. Would you mind terribly inching your throat a bit closer?" Marius took back his vocal chords with a struggle fueled by questions and finally managing to suppress the mad inhabitant of his mind. "Poisoning a Duke? I remember that chef! He was screaming bloody vengeance in court much like that Rolland fellow. Well the chef did not try to punch the sentence away by beating up the judge. Let me tell you that pleading insanity is usually only a sure way to get a ticket for to a senior interrogator and a zone of truth.. That chef quickly spilled the beans after that and the defense was devastated. I was actually quite proud of putting that one behind bars. You do not mess with another mans meal."

Smileybastard
2015-03-30, 05:10 AM
Rolland

Rolland listens to her words carefully. He is almost in shock as her words escape from her lips. A mutual friend. She is being cryptic on purpose.
Upon being handed the veil he takes a quick look before hiding it in his rags. He smiles. "Thank you Tiadora...my dearest, we shall meet again."

Perception [roll0]

QuidEst
2015-03-30, 07:24 PM
Kyoni's eyes lit up and her smile widened from coy to joyful. "Oh, so that isn't just the royal we? Mmm. We have something in common, then. Or had, at any rate. And I'm afraid my throat won't make it- I've already sized up the restraints to see what we could get away with." She gave a sigh, then shrugged helplessly. "Hmm. Could have tried that one myself, I suppose, but they didn't bother with the trial in my case. Can't say I mind, though- it'd have been a dull thing to sit through for a forgone conclusion."

crowe
2015-03-31, 12:00 AM
They talked so openly about their crimes, it is as if they had given up hope or care that they might be found out.

"This Rolland...his "visitor" seemed odd, did she not?"

QuidEst
2015-03-31, 07:19 AM
Kyoni nodded at the half-orc. "I suppose somebody with a lot of influence could get in to pay a visit. This place must cost a lot to run, and where there's money, there's politics."

skypse
2015-03-31, 08:37 AM
Well, I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would want to come here and have a special meeting with me, but I doubt any of them would be happy to see me!

crowe
2015-03-31, 06:42 PM
Varag, rattles his chains uselessly. "These chains are too thick for me to break in this position, perhaps if I had some leverage, or assistance..."

Tiny
2015-04-01, 03:28 PM
Marius felt the chains. Tugged at them a little. Perhaps it would be possible.. To be fair he had nothing else to do with his time. He spoke to the Half-orc. "Then assistance you shall have."
Positioning himself to get a bit more leverage, Marius strained with the chains.

Guidance on Varag then himself, then aid other to give Varag a boost.
Aid other:
Strength check [roll0]

Youth of Today
2015-04-01, 04:21 PM
'Yes we shall Rolland, I hope so at least, for your sake.' Her message delivered, she rises and the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes and she is again a perfect picture of grief. 'No, I can’t bear to leave you!' She gives Rolland a kiss on the cheek. The kiss is ice-cold and feels somehow alien and inhuman. Tomas shakes his head. 'I’m afraid it’s time, miss.' She looks deep in Tomas’ eyes and says, 'Thank you for letting me say good-bye. There’s no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time.'

'Such a good friend'Tomas repeats his voice almost mechanical. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. 'A pleasure, madam,' She leaves unveiled. Her eyes meet the PCs one last time and she briefly gives them a wicked smile. 'Three days,' telepathically echoes in Rolland's mind. 'Don’t disappoint me, dearest'. The visitation concluded, Rolland is taken back to his cell by a cadre of guards and shackled once more.

http://i.imgur.com/HRHSy0F.png

Smileybastard
2015-04-01, 07:54 PM
Rolland

Rolland is both surprised and not surprised by the magic effect Tiadora has on the Sergeant. Clearly trickery was used to get in here to see me, but why? He planned to find out.

He is led back to his cell without resistance.

After he is again shackled and the guards leave he pulls out the veil and says "Shhh. I have something I think will help us escape." He carefully examines the veil.

skypse
2015-04-01, 08:36 PM
Kaelmourn's face changes between excitement and sarcasm when he hears Rolland and then sees the scarf.

Yeee!! A scarf to wipe our tears and blow our noses while we wait for our deaths! And it is pretty too! Oh I'm so starting to love this new life!!!!

Smileybastard
2015-04-01, 08:40 PM
Rolland

Rolland ignores Kaelmourn and looks at the various items depicted in the scarf. In many ways they were things they needed. Magic? Tiadora certainly was. Rolland runs his finger over the blade on the veil.

QuidEst
2015-04-01, 10:48 PM
Kyoni craned her neck to see better, licking her lips in anticipation. She glanced nervously at the cell door just in case. "Really? Well, I should mention I'm very good with disguises. If we can take out a guard quietly without making a mess, I can take his clothes and imitate him. That might get us a little further along."

crowe
2015-04-02, 12:14 AM
Marius felt the chains. Tugged at them a little. Perhaps it would be possible.. To be fair he had nothing else to do with his time. He spoke to the Half-orc. "Then assistance you shall have."
Positioning himself to get a bit more leverage, Marius strained with the chains.

Guidance on Varag then himself, then aid other to give Varag a boost.
Aid other:
Strength check [roll0]

Varag strains mightily against the chains, using what leverage he can find and using Marius's help he applies slow steady pressure.

Take 20+4(Strength)+2(Aid Another)=26 enough to break a chain

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-02, 05:47 AM
With Rollands return and the near immediate back-biting of her cell mates Jezebel rolls her eyes and sits back to watch for a moment. At the presentation of the veil she quietly says, "What is that? A gift? Or a set of tools? May I see it for a moment?" She then does her best to manage the motions of a spell in her manacles, trying to determine if the item has a magical aura.

Take 20 on a Concentration Check to cast Detect Magic (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/detectMagic.html#detect-magic) while manacled and concentrate on the veil until everything can be learned from it.

If Rolland passes the item to her she attempts to identify it using Spellcraft [roll0]

Youth of Today
2015-04-06, 04:36 AM
As Rolland runs his finger over one of the blades, the image on the veil begins to disappear and a dagger appears in his hand in place of it. When Jezebel detects it for Magic she can tell it has a strong aura of conjuration. After a few seconds of straining, Varag can feel the rusty chains beginning to give way. After one mighty tug the manacles finally snap under the strength, leaving Varag's arms free to move around.

skypse
2015-04-06, 07:22 AM
Kaelmourn remains stunned at the sight of the man across the room breaking his chains with a little strain.

WOW did that actually work?!??! Hey man, wanna be best friends all of a sudden???

Smileybastard
2015-04-06, 07:39 AM
Rolland

Rolland ignores Kaelmourn's comment and pulls the picks from the veil. "Who can pick locks?"

QuidEst
2015-04-06, 07:57 AM
Kyoni's heart leapt as Varag burst through his chains. Fiends below, but that was raw strength right there. She couldn't help staring a little. Well, maybe she could have if she'd tried, but she didn't feel like it. She would be free, and her life wouldn't end in this pitiful embarrassment. Getting out of the un-escaped Branderscar would go a long way towards making up for her misjudgments. Doing it in such agreeable company was simply an added benefit. "No one's escaped Branderscar before. We're going to want everyone along to stand the best chance." She held her chains out in Varag's direction. "It goes without saying that I would be very grateful, of course."

skypse
2015-04-06, 08:05 AM
Did someone say pick locks?

Kaelmourn's eyes sparkled as he moved his sight out of the broken chains.

Dear cellmate, would you be so kind as to pass me those precious for our lives tools? I guarantee that I can get all of you out of your chains in no time and with that dagger I bet I can take down most of the prison guards in one night. Jokes and sad comments aside, let's work together for now yes?

Kaelmourn reaches his arm so that Rolland can give him the picks.

Smileybastard
2015-04-06, 08:11 AM
Rolland

Rolland passes Kaelmourn the picks. "It certainly seems that you have one less to free, but I take it the picks will be quieter than breaking all the chains." His eyes return to the veil. "I doubt the prison security would be so lax that you could kill so many." He pulls the second dagger from the veil. "But we should certainly work together."

"Who fights well and can make good use of the second dagger while our friend releases us all?"

skypse
2015-04-06, 08:24 AM
Kaelmourn takes the picks from Rolland.

Sweet mother of luck! Hahaha! Now let's see if I remember this correctly huh?

Kaelmourn starts working on his manacles, carefully so he wouldn't break the picks.

Take 20 on stealth so he won't be seeing/heard. result 29
Take 20 on Disable Device. Result=29
Once Kaelmourn is free, he takes 20 to set everyone else free as well.

Tiny
2015-04-06, 09:58 AM
Spurred by success in helping Varag breaking his chains the voice of the Beast urged Marius onwards. 'Hurry! We must make ourselves useful or we might be left behind!'

In a quiet voice to not attract undue attention from guards that might have missed the snapping sound of the chain, Marious replied to Rollands question. "I can hold them of for as long as it takes with or without a dagger." Words followed by a confident and sharp toothed smile to emphasize the claim.

Smileybastard
2015-04-06, 10:38 AM
Rolland

"Well if it will help take one for now. I am much more effective with a weapon than without myself." Rolland hold the dagger out towards Marius.

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-06, 12:31 PM
Jezebel waits patiently as she is released from her chains before saying, "I won't need weapons - just a minute, please." She then takes a minute to go through several sets of arcane motions before a tawny yellow substance seems to appear from the cell floor and flow up her body. As the eidolon/skin appears she falls gracefully to all fours and lets out a feline growl. "Now, I am ready to fight for our freedom. Shall we?"

She then places herself several paces back from the cell door, ready to pounce upon the first guard to enter, taking no note of any surprised stares or expressions from her cellmates.

skypse
2015-04-06, 09:21 PM
Kaelmourn turns surprised looking at the transformed woman while releasing the others.

Wow! Full of surprises huh? About that kiss we were talking earlier, well maybe later when you are walking on your twos. All fours are not for kissing.
And he winks at her.

crowe
2015-04-06, 11:17 PM
Varag looks pleased at his success with the chain, "This is good, but picking the lock is quieter. The woman is right, we must all work together if we wish to escape this place alive. Pick this other lock, the chain will make a handy weapon, but be quiet, the guards are not completely dead, YET."

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-07, 04:54 AM
The low growl directed at Kaelmourn could be one of hunger or something else - it isn't quite clear through the alien form Jezebel wears. "The door - get it open so we can begin stalking our newfound prey," she mewls with an insistent tone, pawing in apparent impatience as she waits for the rest to be ready. "We don't want to be stuck behind these bars when they notice we are no longer bound."

skypse
2015-04-07, 08:40 AM
Kaelmourn turns back to the transformed woman with a smile.
As you wish milady!
After he let's everyone free of their shackles, he quickly turns to the door. He makes a signal to everybody to keep quiet and he checks if any guards are nearby. If he doesn't see anyone near him, he begins to unlock the door. He then turns to Rolland reaching out his arm.
May I have that dagger we said previously please?

Perception take 10 to see/hear outside the cell. result 21
Disable Device take 20 result 29

crowe
2015-04-07, 03:11 PM
Varag crouches low to the door ready to spring, a length of the chain is wrapped around is arm, ready to be used. He gives Kaelmourn a nod that he is ready to back his play.

Perception (take 20): 26
Stealth (Untrained): [roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-04-07, 07:53 PM
He then turns to Rolland reaching out his arm.
May I have that dagger we said previously please?

Rolland

Rolland hands Kaelmourn the dagger. "We agreed on nothing, but it seems no one else needs it and I believe you can make good use of it."

skypse
2015-04-07, 08:02 PM
Who said anything about agreeing big man?
So, is everybody ready?

QuidEst
2015-04-07, 08:07 PM
Wow! Full of surprises huh? About that kiss we were talking earlier, well maybe later when you are walking on your twos. All fours are not for kissing.
And he winks at her.

Kyoni rubbed her wrists as she's freed, then smiled at Kaelmourn. A moment later, she had taken on Jezebel's appearance- her human form, at any rate. She leaned over and kissed him. "Better?" she asked before turning back. "Like I said, if we can take out a guard, I'll be able to take their place. Useful for looking around. I can knock people out with a spell, and manage some simple illusions."

So, is everybody ready?
She nodded solemnly, moving her arms into a practiced readied position.

Smileybastard
2015-04-07, 08:29 PM
Rolland

Rolland sighs at Kaelmourn. "There are some other items on the veil and I am not sure what they all are. Is anyone familiar with an item such as this?"

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-08, 08:21 AM
A moment later, she had taken on Jezebel's appearance- her human form, at any rate. She leaned over and kissed him. "Better?" she asked before turning back.
Jezebel's feline eyes narrow momentarily before purring quietly in the direction of Kyoni, her tail swishing back and forth impatiently.

Tiny
2015-04-08, 12:28 PM
Marius looks at the veil with ill concealed interest. "Perhaps.. Let me see what I can deduce" Muttering some arcane words and holding his hand over it with fingers spread in a fan like way.

Detect magic, guidance and spellcraft to identify the item. Is it possible to take 20 for 28? Otherwise: [roll0]

Youth of Today
2015-04-12, 06:48 PM
When you run your fingers over the lock picks, again they disappear off the veil and appear in your hand. While picking the locks your listen out and once hear a slight muttering from guards but nothing more. Once all free from your shackles and the door unlocked you see the rest of the prison cells, all empty but one. One especially protected cell with some kind of large humanoid within.

So sorry about delayed posts. Internet is terrible where I am but leaving soon in time for Friday. I'll try make a couple of posts before then but will resume regular posting afterwards. Thank you all for your patience

Smileybastard
2015-04-12, 07:01 PM
Rolland

Rolland moves over to the locked cell. "Hello." He whispers. "Do you want a chance to escape this place?"

Diplomacy [roll0]

QuidEst
2015-04-12, 08:15 PM
As Rolland stood in front of the cell, inquiring of the prisoner in a tone of voice that suggested grim determination and dire consequence, Kyoni sighed, and stepped up along side. "Actually escape, not 'die to escape' or something like that. Maybe take out a few guards, too." She smiled at the person, happy to have as many people as possible to get out of here.

[roll0]

Tiny
2015-04-13, 05:10 AM
Marius attention turns from the fascinating item to the conversation by the reinforced cell. Sensing a chance to practice a skill honed in countless hearings. The good cop routine was one he enjoyed tremendously and it would probably work wonders here as well. He walked up besides Kyoni and added with a reassuring smile. "Yes. We will all have a better chance of getting out of here alive if we cooperate. A simple deal really. We help you. You help us." 'The better deal is that we silence all other prisoners permanently and then sneak away amid the chaos..' The beast laughed silently in the folds of his mind. 'Yes! Just kill them and be done with it!'

Aid other Kyoni: to add +2 to the 19.
Against Dc 10, Diplomacy: [roll0]

skypse
2015-04-13, 09:10 AM
Once Kaelmourn is out of the cell, he stays in the shadows, making himself one with them. His dark skin and subtle moves make him almost invisible. He moved quietly, trying to figure out where the guards are.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-13, 12:04 PM
Jezebel stalks over to the door through which the guards have been entering and exiting, taking her time and silently watching while the others try and talk with each other and the figure in the other cell.

Move to a point that is within a 5-ft step of an entering guard, readying an action to bite any who might come through the door.

Stealth [roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-04-13, 06:34 PM
Rolland

As others are speaking with the other guest, Rolland moves quietly to the door where the guards are to cover it, in case they enter.

Youth of Today
2015-04-17, 06:10 PM
The large humanoid looks over as you speak to it. When it sees you and hears what you have to say a large smile spreads across its face as it says, 'hello, my name is grumblejack. they locked me up and hit me with sticks and burnt me and now i'm here. i can help you. get me out of here and i'll help you. my name is grumblejack. Grumblejack is a strange looking ogre, obviously beaten and injured. But he's also a slightly different shade to most ogres, darker and slightly red. And protruding from his skull are what look to be small horns. Despite these differences he obviously still possesses the same brute strength as you can see the bulging muscles on his biceps. He's dressed in nothing but ripped rags as he stares at you all, taking in what he heard.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s570/Thattaman1/Grumblejack1_zps8f5f7df7.png

QuidEst
2015-04-17, 06:45 PM
Kyoni waved Kaelmourn over. "I'm sure my friend here can arrange that, Grumblejack," she said with a smile. "Kaelmourn, if you'd be so kind as to oblige?"

skypse
2015-04-17, 08:37 PM
Kaelmourn turns around with a smile.

Sure! Let's screw up any chance we have for silence by taking with us a freaking siege weapon huh? Well, I guess someone with that size is bound to prove useful right? Anything you ask milady. After all, a man like myself cannot resist a beautiful face!

Kaelmourn moves towards the cell as he replies.

Um, would you be so kind as to check around before someone comes over my precious? I will need a couple of minutes to open these locks.

Take 20 on Disable Device. Result 29

QuidEst
2015-04-17, 08:57 PM
Kyoni beamed back. "While I'm sure stealth would be suitable one of your prodigious talents, not all of us can hope to match such skill and grace. I appreciate your consideration." She started towards the door as he requested. "More seriously, feel free to sneak out ahead if you think it will be useful. I'm no expert on breaking out of prisons."

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-18, 05:30 AM
Looking back at the ogre and other PCs Jezebel silently hisses at them, turning back towards the doorway and the guards on watch on the other side. "Free him or not, but do not give us away!" she growls.

crowe
2015-04-20, 01:19 AM
While the rest of the party frees the ogre, Varag watches the hall to make sure the guards are not roused.

Youth of Today
2015-04-21, 12:55 PM
The ogre stumbles out of the cell, managing to catch himself from tripping before making too much noise. He hunches over, about to whisper, 'the guards are through. there they come out sometimes. are we killing the lil uns yet?' He asks as he points to the door where Varag is waiting, an eager look on his face.

Working on a small map in google docs. I'll comment it in spoilers of all posts where it's relevant.

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-21, 01:34 PM
'the guards are through. there they come out sometimes. are we killing the lil uns yet?'
"Go ahead and go first - surprise them and hit them hard," Jezebel says, pawing silently in impatience. "We will be right behind you, sweetheart..."

Smileybastard
2015-04-21, 07:23 PM
Rolland

"We will storm them in there." He points to the door behind which the guards are. "Everyone get ready."

Tiny
2015-04-22, 03:44 PM
Marius felt the beast stir in anticipation as the prospect of violence drew closer. The viciousness of the creature seeped through his mind and seemed to drip down on his tongue and fill his mouth with dark fire and his ears with the rush of blood. Readying himself to rush forward and tear into anything or anyone waiting behind the door.

Casting cause light wounds and holding the charge. Then readying to charge/rush forward and deliver the charge with a bite on any unsuspecting guard.

QuidEst
2015-04-22, 07:40 PM
Kyoni flexed her fingers, ready to begin casting. It would be hard to get the sleep spell off, so it would be just simply cantrips to finish guards off.

Youth of Today
2015-04-26, 04:31 AM
You all barge through the door into what appears to be some kind of guard room. Slightly light on guards though, just two men are in front of you, sat at a table playing cards. The room is 20 by 20 feet with little in other than a table with two chairs and a comically large fireplace that doesn't look like it's been used in a long time.

You've all got a surprise round on the guards.

Grumblejack's initiative: [roll0]

QuidEst
2015-04-26, 08:06 AM
The arrangement was just right, so she decided to go for it. "Keep to one side of them!" she warned the others before starting to cast her spell.

Initiative: [roll0]
Action: Standard action to begin casting Sleep. As a one-round spell, it won't complete until next turn. Since she didn't start it with a full-round action, she'll need to complete it next round with a standard.

Smileybastard
2015-04-26, 09:08 AM
Rolland

Rolland charges in and attacks one of the guards without hesitation.

Initiative [roll0]
Power attack & Charge AC= 8
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Tiny
2015-04-26, 09:12 AM
Adrenaline pulsing in his veins, Marius burst into the room together with the other former prisoners. Taking a fraction of a moment to assess the situation before the beast urges him to action. Running forward like a bat out of hell with mouth agape he throws himself at the closest guard. All cation of civilized men forgotten in the red haze of bloodlust spurred on by the the devious creature nested in his mind.

Init. [roll0]

Attack: Charge the nearest guard for + 2 to attack if possible. Otherwise move to flank and attack from a flanking position.

Bite(assuming charge or flank): [roll1]

Damage:[roll2], +2 con damage if human, + damage from inflict light wounds [roll3] Will save [16] for half.

skypse
2015-04-26, 12:34 PM
Yeah that's perfect... Bring down here the whole prison so everyone could have a chance to escape but us! That's brilliant thinking guys! Screw with being stealthy! Just bring down the whole building!

I can't believe my fortune lies with the actions of those brutes! Oh my!

Kaelmourn moves towards the side of the room, away from the fuss taking advantage of the distraction his comrades cause, to hide in the shadows and take a more strategic position.

Wish we had a map to depict my move action, imagine that I'm going somewhere dark and shadowy so I can use stealth. Once I'm there,
Stealth: [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2015-04-26, 01:59 PM
Jezebel silently stalks into the room, readying herself for a pouncing attack...

Initiative [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1] vs DC 16 to recognize the Sleep spell

Combat action is to do whatever it takes to be able to charge/pounce next round. If that means move to a position where there is no one in the way, do that. If it means to delay so that she is first in initiative during the first full round, do that.