PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Carrion Crown (Cleric of Calistria)

JohnStone
2015-03-26, 06:37 PM
a friend is starting a "carrion crown" adventure...
I am sure that i can make a half-elf cleric of calistria fit into the module, however i am lacking inspiration for a cleric build. (i like to have a build idea before a character concept)

basically i am hoping for a support character, probably evangelist (sexy female). that has some power over undead and utility spells.

I could use some concept ideas too, maybe eldritch heritage for a familiar.

Secret Wizard
2015-03-26, 06:48 PM
You don't need Eldritch Heritage for a familiar anymore, you can simply go Iron Will > Familiar Bond now.

As for the character, I would focus on Enchantment spells, charming, seducing, etc. You'd need spell focus and such and good Charisma.

For Domains, the Love Subdomain and the Luck Domain will be helpful.

duboisjf
2015-03-27, 08:49 AM
You don't need Eldritch Heritage for a familiar anymore, you can simply go Iron Will > Familiar Bond now.

As for the character, I would focus on Enchantment spells, charming, seducing, etc. You'd need spell focus and such and good Charisma.

I played the entire Carrion Crown and, without spoiler, I think it's bad idea to focus on Enchantment, because overall there is too much opponents immune to that or with real strong defense.

For the same reason, evangelist might not be as fun to play in carrion crown.

In some part, you'll get the chance to shine but overall those kind of spell and spell-like abilities will be near useless.

Undead and utility is good place to start.

Secret Wizard
2015-03-27, 05:56 PM
I'm DMing a Carrion Crown game, and I found there's a lot of opportunities for social events that might be eased with some magicks.