PDA

View Full Version : Price Guide for Old RPG Books

Maglubiyet
2015-03-26, 08:27 PM
I've been selling a lot of my old gaming stuff on ebay. Mostly 2e and 3.x D&D stuff, which is easy to find for sale there to compare prices.

But I've also got a bunch of original RPG's from the 70's, like Chainmail, Blackmoor, the original Deities and Demigods (not 2e, but the little book), Metamorphosis Alpha, all of the little black Traveller books, Wizard and Melee, Star Frontiers, Bunnies and Burrows (not GURPS version), et al.

Anyone know where one goes to find a price guide for these types of things? I will probably never sell most of them, but I'm curious if they're worth anything.

aspekt
2015-03-26, 09:17 PM
Much depends on condition and ypur willingness to wait. If you're in a hurry you may not garner as much in sales profits.

I've seen Chainmail recently going for 75-150USD.

The other older staple bound books go for 50-75USD.

The Traveler black box set if complete and in Good+ condition varies widely. Typically I've seen it go from as low as 50/75USD all the way up to 100USD.

The issue with your question is that they are really only worth what you can get for them, no matter what a collector's site might tell you.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-26, 09:30 PM
The issue with your question is that they are really only worth what you can get for them, no matter what a collector's site might tell you.

Yeah, I know there isn't any "price guide" per se. Just wondering what people were selling them for because I haven't seen them listed anywhere. Thanks for the info!

aspekt
2015-03-28, 04:28 AM
Surething. Hope you find other good price sources.