PDA

View Full Version : Let the Dice Fall Where They May - IC

Bearon
2015-03-27, 02:00 AM
You wake, your entire body aching from the its distant memory of pain and exhaustion.

Slowly, you realize your are in fact, alive. Although, something is different. Something stirs restlessly within your soul.
The last thing you can recall is arriving in a large, cavernous room underneath Ver'Eshallah, covered in bizzare, and inscrutable runes. In the center, you saw the orc chieftan, Khargol, moments before completing his ritual. With that, an unimaginably loud tearing blared into your mind, then, blackness.

Looking around, you realize you are in a room, probably of elven make. There are what can only be described as some unusual creatures resting on mats around the room, all seeming to be in the same dazed condition as you.

A few moments later, a familiar face walks into the room: En'Rial, the elven elder that had sent you on your quest. You met him outside of the Endless Pines, a common method of meeting with the elves of the forest.
"Normally, you would not be permitted within Balannor, however I have a suspicion I know who you are. The spirits led me to you, all unconscious, all crackling with strange magic. We have brought you here on the hunch that my suspicion is correct. So, monsters, humor me: who are you?"

Smeggedoff
2015-03-27, 02:10 AM
"We've met before, Elf". Gram groans, in someone elses voice, sitting up and rubbing her head "don't you recog...nise..us"
She peters off, staring at the feather that's just come loose from her scalp, eyes widening slowly
She begins to look around for her haversack frantically

unseenmage
2015-03-27, 02:44 AM
Fluke wakes, his head throbbing, and rolls onto all fours retching gently. He puts a paw to his forehead, "What in all the hells happened?"
'Wait... PAW?!?'
His eyes widen with horror as he looks across his new form taking it all in.

In response to the elder he lets words roll off his lolling new tongue, "For what it's worth I am Fluke; once nobleman and now this... thing." His new paw flicks with the same dismissive gesture his hand once used to indicate his disdain for situations which were below him.

Here's a Knowledge Arcana roll to see if Fluke even knows what he's turned into :smalleek: DC 17 IIRC
[roll0]

Edit: Just realized I'm still working from 3.x knowledge. Is this still how this works in PF?

Smeggedoff
2015-03-27, 03:09 AM
Gram gapes at the tiger-thing
"Fluke?!" She shrieks "What in the 9 hells?"
She grits her teeth and resumes her search for a mirror

Bearon
2015-03-27, 03:19 AM
"As I thought..." En'Rial says quietly, as he ponders possibilities.
He grabs some ornate hand mirrors off of a small table and passes one to everyone, pensively waiting to see everyone's reactions.
"We had to take away most of your equipment. A precaution. Fret not, we shall return it once you are feeling better."

Smeggedoff
2015-03-27, 03:41 AM
Gram takes the mirror, noticing for the first time her taloned hands, and looks into it
"Bah, I look soft" she murmurs, pulling her lips back to look at her teeth "And this hair-feather stuff will never braid properly"
She busies herself making sure all her tattoos are in place.

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-27, 04:01 PM
Harlow tosses and turns as the others panic over their new forms, he aches all over and would really rather sleep it off. Try though he may though, he can't, but it's not because the bed beneath him is hard or anything. Harlow is normally accustomed to a nice layer of fat to help cushion him, but it's not there for some reason, his arms and stomach feel as hard as rocks.

A gentle pushing at his shoulder beckons him to wake up, which Harlow reluctantly obliges to. He scratches his cheek as the man places a mirror in Harlow's other hand. "Orc magic must have made Harlow grow beard." Is all that Harlow thinks as his finger tips rubbed across stubble, red and yellow light dancing in still closed eyes.

As he persuades his eyelids to release his eyes, Harlow turns over to the creature that shouted 'Wait... PAW?!?!?' and gives it an odd look. "What that?" he mutters to himself as he looks into the mirror he was given.

He's startled for a moment as he looks into the mirror and sees a brown, weather-beaten face paired with a set of gnarly horns and red hair. Slowly, it dawns upon his that that brown, weather-beaten face paired with a set of gnarly horns and red hair is his. "...AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" the mirror shatters as it falls out of his clawed hand.

unseenmage
2015-03-27, 04:12 PM
Fluke takes the preferred mirror in an outstretched snake's mouth. Wait what?

He looks upon his new countenance with mixed horror and admiration. One snake passes the mirror to another, clumsily, as Fluke examines the entirety of his new form.

Bearon
2015-03-28, 06:33 AM
"I realize that your... situation is distressful, but there is something larger to worry about. Which leads me to my next question."
En'Rial walks over to a pair of doors and with a wave of his hand, they open revealing a balcony with various vegetation planted around. This is probably not the problem he was eluding to.
"What has happened to the sky?" He asks raising a hand towards the scene behind him.

Looking behind him you can see the remains of Ver'Eshallah, shattered. The mountain's remains hover in air, slowly rotating. Clouds swirl about, almost like a hurricane, with the eye of the storm centered upon where you last saw Ver'Eshallah. Where the clouds do not cover the heavens are blackened, casting an ominous shadow over what you can see of Tel'Vora. Eldritch pulses of purple lightning occasionally illuminate the land, but only briefly. A slight breeze can be felt from this distance, and with it, unintelligible whispers speak into your mind.

You have only heard stories of such an event, although definitely not on such a large scale. This is a planar breach. As to which plane is leaking in, however, you are unsure. (rolled Knowl (Planes) for you for speed's sake.)

Smeggedoff
2015-03-28, 06:48 AM
"Khargol" Gram growls, trying to stand up but falling back down.

Bearon
2015-03-28, 06:58 AM
"You're telling me that a mere beastling managed to destroy the very land itself!? No. Impossible. I have fought that wretch before. He possesses no particular finesse in the Artes." He is visibly confused and outraged and such a notion.

Smeggedoff
2015-03-28, 07:07 AM
"There was a weird cave covered in symbols." she replies, feeling awkwardly for her new wings "Maybe he was just using that like a big wand or something? I dunno, ask the mages"

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-28, 11:29 PM
As Harlow pulls out of his terror, he looks over to the balcony, pretty purple lights darting to and fro within a dismal cloud. "No good," he says, slightly confused that his ears don't fold back like they usually do. "Never heard of one this big. Whoever do it, used BIG magic to do it."

Checking to see if I know just how 'big' the ritual that made this would need to be. [roll0]

unseenmage
2015-03-29, 04:45 AM
Gazing out upon the chaotic landscape Fluke shakes his snake encircled head murmuring loudly, "How is it that we not only survived such madness but that you were able to retrieve us? And in such significantly changed forms even!"

Bearon
2015-03-29, 07:53 AM
"We have had scouts rumage through those very ruins before, but there was no cavern as you describe. Perhaps he had unearthed it by chance, or was told of the area's existence. Either way, it is certainly more believable that he merely activated some ancient power rather than directly from himself."
He turns to Fluke to answer, "I have no idea how anything could have survived a blast like that. It literally shattered the mountain. The spirits warned me of an odd disturbance nearby, so I grabbed some guardsmen to investigate. I found you all unconscious in the forest, with some strange energy slowly dissipating from your forms. After the energy was finally gone, we moved you here."
En'Rial begins pacing around clearly deep in thought. He only makes it a few steps until he looks up at the sound of a comotion from outside.
"Oh, what now?" he asks no one in particular as he storms out the front door to see what the issue is.
Whatever it is, it's clearly coming from the village. You feel oddly compelled to investigate, the restlessness within you now focused, pointing out the open door like a compass.

Smeggedoff
2015-03-29, 07:59 AM
Gram gets up again, and after figuring out her balance, shadowboxes for a few seconds.
Sighing, she rolls her shoulders and cracks her knuckles
"I'm completely out of whack, I'm going to have to learn the art all over again" she murmurs before raising her voice to continue "Come on then, looks like we don't get a day off, where's my gear?"

unseenmage
2015-03-29, 12:02 PM
Fluke's question answered he rises, then slips back onto his belly. Feeling, and looking, much like a newborn calf he eventually gets the hang of having two too many feet and no hands.

He catches himself sniffing about in an attempt to hunt down his belongings.

Fluke has Scent

Here's a Perception check to find his stuff if possible: [roll0]

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-29, 03:38 PM
Normally curious, though Harlow may be, he's distracted by something... Strange. Now standing beside the balcony, an odd odor is coming from outside, like fresh air, but with a couple dozen alien scents mingled seamlessly into the scent. As he stands at the edge of the balcony, a trace of ozone wafts into his nose, but he doesn't mind that, more distracted by trying to sort out each individual smell.

Wanting to see if Harlow involuntarily notices what En'Rial saw. [roll0]

Bearon
2015-03-29, 11:51 PM
Gram and Fluke easily find the location of the gear, located neatly in three unlocked chests behind a beautiful screen, depicting spirits among the trees. Each of the three's gear is in a seperate chest.

After mentioning having to relearn the art, your mind tries to jump to thoughts of training with your master, and various techniques you have learned. Not even memories of them remain. Even more unusual, however, are memories of flying throughout the wilds, and combat with some sort of horror you have never seen before. You also recall a ritual being conducted upon you, with the blessing of an elemental prince. Many of the details you either cannot remember or are beyond your understanding.
Clearly, these are not your memories. Perhaps they are tied to your physical form?

Now that you've been up and have recovered from your change, you realize the massive holes in your memory. You know that they are not yours, memories of stalking prey in the jungles of Mur, and running with your pride. Particularly, you recall how you have destroyed many of the displacer beasts that you now seem to harbor a certain hatred towards. You still have memories of your former self, calling upon your eidolon, and using small armies of summoned creatures to overwhelm opposition, however, you have no idea how you did it. You feel on edge, as well, having lost much of who you were.

Air the smells quite odd here, much different than the rich, earthy scents of the Underdark you are accustomed to. Wait, what? Thinking back, you can clearly recall important events of your life there: raiding and eventually destroying a small colony of drow, killing the mage that created you, and forming a small community of baphitaur. However, these memories seem to overlap those of your goblin self, some taking place at the same time. You are still who you are, however, and maintain similar quirks and such of your previous self.

Out on the balcony, you can hear a bit of what's going on over on the other side of the building. A few gasps, hused murmurs filled with worry, and En'Rial trying to bring order to the situation. Without seeing what is going on, however, you can only guess as to what is happening. Using scent, you can smell some of the villagers, as well as the dense plantlife in the immediate area.

Smeggedoff
2015-03-30, 04:49 AM
Gram sways for a moment before catching herself "Ohhhh, I don't feel at my prime" she shakes her head and stares at her fist, opening and closing it to watch ice form and crack before sighing and opening the chest to begin dressing
"I hope whoevers body this is doesn't blame me for having it"

unseenmage
2015-03-30, 07:52 AM
Fluke can feel the growl forming in his chest before it spills from his throat. "What?! Wait!"

The cat form doesn't even have proper fingers for the shaping of magics but he tries to summon, tries desperately to get either a snake head or his own now-feline lips to form the words... Failure is the only result. "I cannot cast...", he mutters. The words are accompanied by a pitiable sound only an animal could make.

He still knows the magics, he could probably teach them to another even. He joins Gram in attempting to find his things. There was an amulet, originally meant for his eidolon. Perhaps his new form could make better use of it.

Search Perception check to find belongings: [roll0]

And a Dex check for getting stuff on without hands: [roll1]

I figure the snakes could help but they're supposed to have their own minds. Looks like by RAW the only thing he can make them do is attack. And the RAI would seem to be that they're supposed to do that on their own, thus the attacking as a free action thing.
Maybe I could teach them tricks as if they were pet animals. Actually, I kinda like that idea. And it would seem to make sense.

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-30, 10:21 AM
Vision of a past that never happened before flood Harlow's mind. He squeezes his head between his hands as he tries to comprehend this all. He knows who his mother is, he knows who his father is, but were did this wizard come from? Is he really some kind of magical experiment? Harlow groans as he processes this, "Who am I?" is all he can ask himself.

Harlow strains to recall who the wizard is while staring at the elven statue of a spirit mounted in the balcony entrance... Wizards... Elves... He begins to squeeze the guard rail until it breaks, he misses Minbeja. After looking at the stone powder in his hand, Harlow stands up and joins with the other, he needs his banjo.

He dawns most of his items, namely the headband of charisma, which immediately makes his form less terrifying. He picks his banjo up and begins to pick. His basalt nails are long but not sharp, a boon for his picking hand but not for the other. By all accounts, Harlow can tell that he still knows how to play, but some of the magic is gone. The mystically infused talent that he was able to channel through his music is no longer their. Harlow sighs and begins to converse with the other two creatures. He points to the feathered thing, "Fluke?" He points to the creature that looks like a displacer beast, "Gram?"

Smeggedoff
2015-03-30, 10:41 AM
Gram tightens the sash on her robe, trying not to think about how well it fit and the holes that were present for her new wings and begins winding the magic infused cloth of her bracers around her arms.
"Hmm? No, I'm Gram" she responds, eying the creature "Going by the Banjo, you must be Harlow though"
she smirks at her own joke.

unseenmage
2015-03-30, 10:46 AM
"Nope, scratch that and reverse it. I am Fluke, that...", he gestures with a paw, "is Gram." Fluke eyes their new forms warily, "And if that's us it makes you Harlow?"

"Now that we're reacquainted, does anyone else have the wrong memories in their heads? As though one is one's self and yet not one's self at the same moment?"

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-30, 11:50 AM
"Yep, yep." Harlow answers both questions at once. "Remember being made by wizard, and whole herd of me." He pauses as he notes his use of the word 'herd'. Where did that come from? "Mage dead now."

Smeggedoff
2015-03-30, 11:55 AM
Gram growls "Yeah, got someone elses thoughts simmering in my thinkpan. I just hope that means mine are somewhere out there so I can get em back"

Bearon
2015-03-31, 01:55 AM
Fluke has already found where all the gear has been stored (see previous post, the non-spoilered section at the top). Getting your gear on is a difficult endeavor, but eventually you manage it. You can tell that your body is not used to equipment.

It is easy to hear some shrieks and cries of surprise coming from the open front door. Soon after En'Rial enters, walking swiftly but trying his best to remain composed.
"I know have a third question. If you'll follow me..."

(Assuming you follow for speed's sake. Sorry for railroading :smalleek:)

"What is that?" he says, with a hint of panic in his voice.
It is easy to see what he is talking about, but difficult to formulate what it is.
Most easily described, it looks like a hole in reality. A dark black shape, constantly writhing about, as if it were trying to force itself into the world. Behind the form, the light of reality looms, displaced. Directly around the black shape the light seems odd, a corona of colors shining brightly before the engulfing blackness.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Solar_eclipse_1999_4_NR.jpg

This is clearly what has been pulling at the energy within you. There is a strong urge for you to pull whatever it is through, despite you have no idea what could happen. You could, however, try to suppress the phenomenon. Either way, you know that you must extend your will upon the shape for results.

((Give me a d20+5+(highest mental stat) if you wish to either open or close the gap))

Smeggedoff
2015-03-31, 07:33 AM
Gram scratches her nose
"Well. That's unsettling. Feels like if we tear it open there might be answers behind it, but I'm no mage."

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-31, 09:18 AM
Harlow wrinkles his forehead, calling upon everything that Minbeja taught hims.

Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]
Knowledge (planes) if it would be appropriate [roll1]

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-31, 09:19 AM
Sorry, went to preview and I guess that annoyed the system. Trying again.

Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]
Knowledge (Planes) [roll1]

unseenmage
2015-03-31, 09:44 AM
"Regardless there is obviously power here. And probable intelligence. I desire, no require, both if I am to reclaim my past." Fluke's new snake-tail twitches with anticipation, or annoyance. It is hard to tell when the tail is also a snake. In any case all sixteen (six neck snakes, one tail snake, and his cat eyes) of his eyes remain glued to the phenomenon with a dead-set intensity.

Roll to Open Says-me: [roll0]

Bearon
2015-03-31, 08:55 PM
As the others ponder the situation, Fluke's faces concentrate on the anomaly. Moments later it begins to widen, and with it the same sound you had heard before under the mountain, the tearing from Khargol's ritual. This time, however, it is a nowhere near as loud. Alone, Fluke quickly manages to spread the shape to a sphere about four feet in diameter, with about two feet seperating it from the ground. Now that it has been opened more, the blackness is actually more like a crust, only extending about a foot within the window. Visible within the center of the shape is the elven village you are in right now, however, something is different. For one it's a lot darker, and there are currents of purple energy pulsing about. Where the villagers on the other side are standing, you see a creatures of all sorts, gathered within a crowd, just as the elves are, their features constantly shifting. The buildings behind this lens are drastically changed, some burning with odd colored fires, some with oddly geometrical earth jutting out, and others with discolored trees and plants growing out of them. Clearly, a chaotic picture behind through the window.

The image within the window begins turning a bright purple.

The feeling you get while forcing the window open is overwhelming. You feel akin to a paladin who is fulfilling his sacred duty. ((Gain a 24 hr +2 morale bonus on all atk, dmg, skill, and ability checks. If you wish to stop opening, I'll need a Will save from you.))

Nothing Minbeja taught Harlow describes what he sees before him. However, it is clearly linked to whatever happened in/ to Ver'Eshallah, given the details above about the similar noise and visual similarities within the window.

LordotTrinkets
2015-03-31, 09:53 PM
Harlow can't tell what's going on, which is a dangerous position for him to be in. Long story short, Harlow takes to a philosophy of 'when in doubt, lick it'. Not the wisest of all philosophies, but nonetheless what Harlow does. He goes up and licks it.

Smeggedoff
2015-04-01, 07:43 AM
Gram, noticing flukes strain, lends her own will to attempt to stabilised the window

[roll0]

Bearon
2015-04-02, 04:17 PM
Harlow approaches the anomaly, ready to give it a lick, just as Gram begins to aid Fluke in his effort to open the window further. Harlow gets close, tongue extended and ready to lick, when the purple light disharges as an arc of ultraviolet lightning jumps from the window straight to his tongue! The Baphitaur seems fine, if only a little surprised.
After the initial arc, however, the window continues to shoot out bolts of lightning in seemingly random directions. As soon as this happens, any bystanders try to flee in a panic, as the arcs hit everything from houses, the ground, an individual leaf on a tree, and of course, the folks in the crowd itself. Whatever is hit begins to grow brightly as it is somehow changed. Anything you saw through the lens of the phenomenon begins changing to match. As Gram focuses on the window, it stretches further in all direction, until the light around it begins to shake, and quickly afterwards explodes in a nova of brilliant, white-purple light. As the energy waves out, anything it washes over begins to change, again, to match whatever you saw on the other side. At varying times, things start to happen, first to objects, which can change anywhere from simply their color, to becoming their own sentient life. After the change, the objects seem to glow slightly.
There is a deafening silence now as the tearing noise is gone, and the entirety of the village lies still, their changes taking longer than those of the inanimate objects.

The arc to your tongue tastes like purple, mixed with key lime pie on a breezy spring day.

You feel beside yourself with pride and joy, having opened the anomaly. You feel as if you have fulfilled the righteous purpose of your life. ((Gain a 24 hr +2 morale bonus on all atk, dmg, skill, and ability checks.))

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-02, 05:48 PM
Harlow scratches his tongue with his teeth, he now knows one thing for certain, this 'whatever it is' he now is doesn't have nearly as sensitive a tongue as his usual goblin form's. His normal tongue would have registered a little more than just 'purple' and 'sour'.

As the townsfolk run around screaming, taking on hideous or beautiful forms (by goblin standards, mind you), a candlestick and a clock run past Harlow. After making sure that that some hairy-beast with a rose isn't pursuing shortly afterward, Harlow takes a look at his banjo to make sure it hasn't taken on an intelligence of its own.

Smeggedoff
2015-04-02, 08:00 PM
Gram shivers with pent up energy and hops up and down a few times
"Whoo, that's a rush!"
Looking around at the chaotic landscape she tries to frown but just can't
"I'm pretty sure this is a bad thing" she muses "but I can't seem to think how"

unseenmage
2015-04-02, 08:08 PM
Fluke's snakes writhe and coil even as his great feline mouth lets out a tremendous purr of satisfaction. "I agree, this looks bad but it feels veeery goood. How strange."

Bearon
2015-04-03, 06:39 AM
Harlow is (likely) relieved to discover that none of his gear appears to have been affected by the blast. Or maybe that's just what his gear wants him to think... :smalleek:

One by one, the villagers slowly begin to rise again, after the energy around them begins to dissipate. Without exception, they have all been changed. This includes En'Rial, who has has been transformed into an air elemental. Quickly after the villagers awaken, chaos ensues. Many panic (likely because they are surrounded by "monsters") and try to flee, while a few try to communicate to sort out just what exactly happened. Some of the folk, however, are simply attacking whoever they see, with abandon. Who you assume were the guards of the village try to intercept the violent incidents, which futhers to spread the panic.

Near the three of you appears to be a small Blue Dragon and a Nightmare openly attacking people. The dragon is perched atop the head of a hobgoblin while trying to bite at it's neck, and the Nightmare is running amok, trampling many with flaming hooves.

((Roll initiative. Do not worry about initiative order, just post your action for the turn, and I'll sort out what happens when. Actions other than combat are fine too, of course.))

Smeggedoff
2015-04-03, 07:47 AM
[roll0]

Activate Infuse Weapon

Gram looks at the two who are attacking and snarls
"ENOUGH!" she bellowed, hands igniting in cold fire

unseenmage
2015-04-03, 08:25 AM
Fluke stares with growing irritation at the chaos unfolding around him, "This situation becomes less and less useful to me. And I do not tolerate that which is un-useful."

Fluke begins to stalk through the scene, staying near his allies and drawing attacks from them as best he can. He allows his snakes to nip at as many "monsters" as they can while positioning himself to engulf as many "monsters" as possible in a sleep-laced exhalation.

His mouth opens and the cloud of sleep gas blasts forth, a small burp gusts free at the end. "Erhmm, how unbecoming.", he murmurs.

Here's a Will save to close the phenomenon if that's still relevant: [roll0]
And the d20 roll for the same: [roll1]

Initiative: [roll2]

Move action through the crowd while staying within 30 feet of his party members.

Some free action Snake Attacks potentially doling out Str damage via poison:
Snake Attack [roll3] Damage [roll4]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll5] Damage [roll6]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll7] Damage [roll8]+Poison

Snake Attack [roll9] Damage [roll10]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll11] Damage [roll12]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll13] Damage [roll14]+Poison
Poison: Injury, Initial 1d4 Str, Secondary1d6 Str, DC 15.

And Standard to use the Breath Weapon to put as many creatures to sleep as possible.
30 foot cone, causes Sleep for 1d6+4 rounds, Fort negates, DC 15
Breath weapon recharges in [roll15] rounds.

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-03, 09:51 AM
Harlow eyes his clothing and other equipment, paranoia making him imagine whispered plots against him. He is quickly distracted from that as a terrifying nightmare stampedes by. Things are starting to get a little surreal here, but he's seen more surreal things after eating his morning bowl of Mystic Puffs(TM).

The most important thing to do right now is to neutralize the threat, not being a physical combatant, Harlow casts Calm Emotions on the Nightmare.

Initiative: [roll0]
The will save for Calm Emotions is 17 by the way.

Bearon
2015-04-04, 06:39 AM
Gram's command probably reached the ears of the assailants. However the Nightmare seems to ignore his order and continue its assault, while the Blue Dragon Wyrmling takes offense to this and fires a line of lightning in retribution.
((Roll a Reflex save, please.))

Harlow attempts to subdue the raging demon-horse with magic, and for a brief moment it appears to have worked. Quickly after however, it snorts of a cloud of smoke (into the face of some poor villager) while throwing a tantrum of defiance.

All around, the chaos ensues. Humanoids (and not-so-humaoids) all participating in the chaos. Fortunately it seems as though the "guards" of the village have carved a little corner of order in the battlefield. They seem to be trying to spread this order, and at least end the fighting.

Fluke takes a while to strategize where to best use his new abilities. He spots an opening in the fighting and takes it, dashing about on all fours. Passing by numerous, distracted combatants (often opposing the guard), his serpent heads take the opportunity to bitet unsuspecting victims with their poisonous fangs. Reaching the best vantage point he could find, he unleashes a cone of purple-blue gas, engulfing about a dozen combatants, only a few of which were guards. Most of the targets can be seen sleeping peacefully on the ground after the mist of his attack recedes.

Taking note of the kamadan, the Nightmare turns its hellish gaze to Fluke and charges! The creature manages to just barely bat Fluke with one of its flaming hooves for 15 damage! (11 bludg, 4 fire) After the attack, the steed unleashes its own breath attack against Fluke, as a blast of sulfurous smoke errupts out of the nostrils of the beast.
((Roll a Fort save, please.))

Smeggedoff
2015-04-04, 08:03 AM
Gram flattens to the ground, cursing this new body ((Evasion lost :( )), at the last second she remembers her new wings and flattens those best she can

[roll0]

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-04, 12:10 PM
As the Nightmare tramples his comrade, Harlow does what he's always done when his magic is unable to stop a conflict and reaches for his his banjo. Just as he picks the first note and looks at Fluke's bruises and burned side, something within him stirs, something more savage than before.

He bares his teeth and rears his head to reflect the sunlight off of his horns, "Stop now, demon! he shouts with unexpected inspiration, "Many Archmages have Harlow left unburied in the caverns below, that was done with Harlow's horn and fist." Harlow shakes his banjo in the air. "But with this, Harlow let loose hell you no call home! Stop now, or Harlow play your dirge!"

[roll0]

unseenmage
2015-04-05, 04:44 PM
Fluke tries to sidestep the Nightmare's assault, realizing almost too late that his body is now much larger and more complicated than it was. "Blast this mess of scales and flesh anyway!", he vents as for a split second each snake and leg tries to flee in a different direction before Fluke marshals some self control.

Afterward he steps up to the horrific equine and batters it with attacks intending to weaken and subdue it as best he's able.

Reflex Save: [roll0]

Move action up to the Nightmare which attacked him.

Standard Action to attack the Nightmare with his Claws (will roll both but I think he only gets the one since he moved, not sure though).
Claw One: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
Claw Two: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]

Snake Attack [roll5] Damage [roll6]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll7] Damage [roll8]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll9] Damage [roll10]+Poison

Snake Attack [roll11] Damage [roll12]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll13] Damage [roll14]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll15] Damage [roll16]+Poison

Breath weapon recharges in 2 rounds.

Bearon
2015-04-06, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, Gram was a split second too late with her wings, one of which gets zapped by the bolt. Gram takes 12 damage! (electric)
((Go ahead and take your turn this round, and what you would like to do next round.))

Harlow's savage display combined with Fluke's relentless attacks have clearly shaken the beast. Instead of continuing its attack, it chooses to flee, and starts to fly away, running through the air. This, however, leaves an opening for Fluke to make an attack of opportunity.

The chaos around the village ensues, and the guards have not seemed to make much progress this round.

Thrilled by its hit against Gram, the wyrmling dives towards her, and bites her in the shoulder for 5 damage! (bludg, slash, pierce)

Smeggedoff
2015-04-06, 11:35 AM
((is any of the damage magical in nature?))

Gram growls at the injury, performing a quick complex kata, she lunges forward both her and a white-edged duplicate plunging their fists into the stomach of the beast

Shadow Blade Technique

[roll1]

If only one hits
damage
[roll]1d10+2d6+1d6+11
if both hit, the attack does an extra

Gram combos a swift snap kick into a brutal axe kick into the dragons skull
Wolf Fang Strike (2 attacks at -2 penalty)
attack 1
[roll3]
damage
[roll]1d10+2d6+1d6+11
attack 2

[roll]1d10+2d6+1d6+11

unseenmage
2015-04-06, 11:35 AM
Seeing an opening Fluke bites at the Nightmare's heels with every intention not letting go until it is well and subdued. A primal growl shudders through him as his neck extends and his teeth seek flesh.

Would love to make this a Grapple or some other special attack that could potentially ground a flier, but I doubt that's possible with an Attack of Opportunity.
Though if it is possible, then that's what I'd prefer.

Opportunity Attack with Bite: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Do the Snakes get to attack as well? If so, here's some rolls. If not, please feel free to disregard them.

Snake Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll4] Damage [roll5]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7]+Poison

Snake Attack [roll8] Damage [roll9]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll10] Damage [roll11]+Poison
Snake Attack [roll12] Damage [roll13]+Poison

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-06, 01:43 PM
"That no count as stopping." Harlow mutters to himself as he begins playing his banjo.

Good old fall back for Bards in combat situations. If I don't make a post before you do your story telling stuff, Bearon, just assume that I'm sticking with Bardic music.

Bearon
2015-04-08, 05:57 AM
Harlow begins to strum a majestic melody on his banjo, which is actually oddly inspiring in its own way.
((+1 Inspire Courage morale bonuses.))

As the Nightmare attempts to flee, Fluke get in a vicious bite into one of the beast's hind legs. The hit is enough to shock Fluke's enemy and disrupts it's gallop, causing it to plunge face-first into the ground. It lies there unconscious.

The wyrmling, confused by the sudden appearance of another foe is hit by both attacks. It feebly attempts a counter attack, biting at Gram's hands, but the Swordsage is too quick. She swiftly follows up with an axe kick to the dragon's skull, knocking it unconscious.

The village guards have made a lot of progress this round in calming the villagers. With two of the primary antagonists defeated, and the guards cleaning up a few more, the villagers eventually calm, the chaos subsides.

En'rial approaches you. "Thank you for your efforts. Allow me to at least help close your wounds." He chants a prayer off to the spirits of life and vitality, causing both Gram and Fluke to heal 8 damage! Blue and green wisps float around your wounds slowly closing the worst of them.
"This is most unusual... I know not what happened, but it seems everything has... well... changed?" he says, pointing out the obvious. "I shall consult my texts of the matter. In the mean time, I'd be appreciative if you could keep an eye out for more danger. I shan't be long, hopefully." He begins to walk off to his house, the one where everyone woke up in.

You hear the faint echoes of another rip, in the direction of the broken mountain, although it sounds quite distant.

Smeggedoff
2015-04-08, 08:34 AM
((Gram is currently either fully healed or down 2 hit points depending on whether or not that breath weapon counts as magic for the purposes of DR))

"Many thanks" Gram responds "We'll stay vigilant"

At the crack she looks to the mountains

[roll0]

unseenmage
2015-04-08, 10:49 AM
Fluke nods assent and stalks off to find a rooftop (ooh, or maybe a tree!) vantage point from which to look regal and act as lookout. "Panicked villagers could use the inspiration one supposes.", he mutters as he settles into a spot where he is easily seen but can also easily see.

Once there he becomes mildly distracted in batting one of his new paws at a particularly irritating snake-head. Gently of course, but still forcefuly enough to teach it to stop trying to crawl into his eyes and ears.

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-08, 11:48 AM
Harlow's head spins for a short moment as whatever came over him leaves. Whatever it was, it felt like some kind of red cloud that had passed straight through him. "Harlow is going for a walk." he said.

As he walks about the town, recalling the bits of Elven culture that Minbeja taught to him, he plays Keep on the Sunny Side (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m8MtNyJlhg) to try and improve the morale of the recently transformed townsfolk.

[roll0]

Bearon
2015-04-09, 10:03 AM
As Gram waits for En'rial, she looks around town, ready for any sort of commotion.
Perception Check: The mountains appear no different than a few moments before. Wherever the tearing noise came from, it must be quite a distance into Tel'Vora.

The changes to the town and folk appear to be done without any sort of rhyme or reason. Some are very drastic changes, like the wall of a house made completely of a soft, mushroomlike substance, with a soft purple hue. Others simply add things, like a pair of rabbit ears growing out of the top of an otherwise ordinary table.
As for the people, most of them seem confused, as everything they knew of their old lives has been altered in quite a dramatic fashion. After a while, however, it dawns upon you that none of the remaining villagers seem to be of particularly strong races. The ones that were more powerful, like the Nightmare or Blue Wyrmling, were the ones instigating combat.

Fluke remains on watch for the duration of the wait while trying to tame the snakes on his head (it's as if they have a mind of their own... :smallwink:). The remainder of the villagers generally remain calm and cowed, waiting for their leadership to return and bring order to the situation.

Harlow walks about town, performing quite well on his banjo. Although the banjo is not traditionally an elven instrument, such as winds or the harp, he still manages to quickly garner a following, mostly children of everywhich race. His efforts do seem to help morale, and provide a distraction, at least briefly, from the strange new world they have been tossed into.

En'rial eventually comes out of his home with a small stack of haphazardly organized books.
"I have consulted my collection of literature, now in unusual condition (it looks like water is constantly dripping out of one of the books), but miraculously still serviceable. I believe the ritual Khargol has performed has opened this plane up to Pandemonium, a place of darkness and madness. If you will look here," he says as he produces an opened book (appearing normal, but pages clanking, sounding like metal) "you will see that Pandemonium is located right here between Limbo and the Abyss."

http://blogofholding.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/GreatWheelMap.jpg

He continues with a dissertation on the nature of Pandemonium, the four layers of the plane, how the howling winds cause not only confusion and madness, but hurl rocks all accross the plane, ranging from pebbles to boulders. Pandemonium is also known to have odd gravity; the nearest surface to an individual or object becomes the "floor."
"The breach seems to currently be emulating Pandesmos, the largest and most hospitable layer, although I cannot say if that will change. And finally, Khargol. I cannot fathom why he would do something like this. This helps no one. Not only that, but everyone heard the echoes of a distant tear, meaning he is likely continuing the spread of the breach."

unseenmage
2015-04-10, 09:16 PM
At En'rial's return Fluke leaps from his perch to join the conversation.

In response to the explanation, "There was a strong, though resistible, urge in my new self to open that breach. I suspect that other changed creatures might feel a similar tug on their souls to pry open these planar anomalies. These villagers should be kept a maximum distance from these phenomena until we know more."

Smeggedoff
2015-04-11, 08:15 AM
"Like calls to like I suppose" comments Gram glumly "If the spell which did this to us has some tie to Pandemos, perhaps it's encouraging us to open gates to feel more at home?"

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-11, 09:48 AM
Harlow first observes Limbo, definitely aren't going to be an luaus held there, and the Abyss, seems fitting of the name. "Maybe he try to make himself something, but the spell no work like that. Maybe he want it to hurt everybody, enemies are easier to kill when scared."

Bearon
2015-04-12, 06:21 PM
"Yes, the villagers should be kept safe. I suspect, however, that further change will not be incurred, as the three of you still maintain your altered selves after that wave of energy swept over everything." Turning to Gram, "That would make some sense: if there is a bit of the plane within you now, then I could see it creating the urge to spread the plane."
"An interesting proposition, Harlow. How many other creatures were actually within the ritual room aside from all of you and Khargol?" ((PC's know/ respond none)) "The three of you likely sapped away some of the power intended for him. I only shudder to think what he could have become."

unseenmage
2015-04-15, 10:49 AM
Fluke sits and tilts his head contemplatively, "What will you and the village do now that you are changed creatures? Business as usual or is there a specialist somewhere you might send word to about your new 'condition'?"

Bearon
2015-04-16, 05:13 AM
"We have no idea where our path will lead us now. The other elves are not likely to accept a pack of monsters into their ranks, and this area is likely covered in monsters that would make living here difficult to say the least. There is of course that odd sound, which I'm guessing could have only been Khargol. Some of the villagers are willing to fight the monster, so we may very well go after him. It is hard to say, however. My connection to the spirit realm is not as strong as it once was, and without their guidance, I fear I am not fit for the leadership my people have given me."

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-16, 02:53 PM
The indecision in En'Rial's voice troubled Harlow as he looked back at where he and his companions took down the two rampaging monsters. That sort of thing was going to be happening a lot lately, at least until things became more settled. "Maybe we should stay here for a short while?" he said to Fluke and Gram, "Might be good to rest and learn about our new bodies before traveling again."

unseenmage
2015-04-17, 09:11 AM
Fluke turns his nose up imperiously, "Well these people did save us and shelter us and I do feel somewhat responsible for their plight." He drops a pointed glance at En'rial, "They deserve some form of proper leadership too one supposes."

"Very well then, I too shall remain to assist these changed people in recompense for their earlier goodwill."

Bearon
2015-04-18, 06:51 AM
"I... I see. Well, if you are taking upon yourself the mantle of leadership, allow me to follow you, to aid you in your command of the people I have spent much of my life with. If I may be so bold, I would suggest upon you, Fluke, that we either fortify here and try to rebuild or to move. Where does not matter, but danger is likely to grow in the area with the spread of the breach. Either way, we must choose quickly as our opportunities diminish as time passes." En'rial is clearly concerned about the plight of his folk, enough so to give up leadership to someone else he finds more capable.

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-18, 10:11 AM
"Might want to move anyway, some of us no like sunlight no more." Harlow says, observing a newly made drow and orc hiding in the shade, "Might want to move to (see result of Knowledge check), lots of caves there."

[roll0]
If it is within the scope of the roll, a locale that is away from the crackling orbs of chaos that we are drawn to open would be greatly appreciated.

Smeggedoff
2015-04-18, 12:10 PM
Gram tries to grunt enigmatically, but just doesn't have the jaw for it anymore
"Yeah I'll stay too. Makes sense really, if we find a way to get changed back we'd need to come back here to help anyway so we may as well stick close"

unseenmage
2015-04-20, 08:09 AM
"Hmm, I advise that we lead as a committee for now. En'rial's experience leading his own people is too valuable to waste. We should also do some asking around to find out how much of the remaining elven populace wishes to join their changed friends or family in any migration."

"En'rial, do your people have a fallback position for when natural disasters strike? Some place slightly removed from here where they would go to regroup in case of attack or disaster? If so we should check there for 'survivors' so to speak and consider establishing a permanent base of operations there for The Changed whose new forms are too deadly to live among a large populace."

"That the rift could continue to widen and engulf this area should also be considered. This is a big problem and it likely won't be solved by three who've already failed to prevent it. We could consider putting the word out asking for reinforcements from the surrounding lands and consider where we would flee to as refugees should this area become completely unlivable."

"En'rial, please introduce us to your most trusted advisers, show us to where the most dangerous Changed are being held, and explain how your community normally communicates with the outside world. Envoys and entreats for aid might need sending sooner rather than later."

Bearon
2015-04-21, 07:34 PM
"Well, there are some caves to the north we could use to reorient ourselves at. They are simple to find; just follow the river upstream. While it would certainly be a good idea to warn others of the spread of this madness, I feel that they would simply suspect it was some form of monstrous trickery before pelting us with arrows... hmmm... at least those of us that aren't now in the body of a spirit..."
En'rial introduces you to the Guard Captain, Kell, who is now a red skinned dwarf, with a white beard streaked with more red, and wickedly clawed hands. He is constantly saluting, trying to keep the sun out of his eyes. Near him, is Nezra, En'rial's other close advisor. Her form is that of a magma mephit, and En'rial informs you that she is a mage of quite some talent.
Currently, the most dangerous of the Changed are under the watch of the guard, most bound up with rope and/or unconscious.
Normally, the village communicates via animal messanger or courier, and sometimes Nezra prepares a Sending spell, although she says that the spell is beyond her understanding now.

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-22, 03:31 PM
With a compassionate smile, Harlow walks over to Kell and holds his banjo in the air to keep the sun out of his eyes. "There lots of people here like you now, lots of people no liking the sun. We should build them shelter, build good canopy to block out sun." After being acknowledged by Kell, Harlow walks about town looking for more help to build the massive shelter.

Harlow will be trying to recruit people who have been transformed into subterranean creatures.

Bearon
2015-04-26, 07:27 PM
Kell thanks Harlow for the assistance, and even goes with him around town to help build a portable shelter for the light-blind folk.
The end result is actually a couple of large covered wagons, modified to block more light out by covering both ends. Some of the larger denizens agree to help carry the carts to the cave shelter where the village is leaving for.

The caves are only about a day's trip to the north. The trip is fairly uneventful, although the weather and extraplanar conditions do add something of an ominous feel to the journey. Fortunately, as you travel further north, the whispering winds die down to being barely audible. The shallow caves are uninhabited, probably due to the fact that the elves have historically been extremely aggressive and protective of their territory.
People begin to setup makeshift shelter both inside and outside the caves. Some of the town guard begins to scout around the area, seeing if anything, or anyone, is also around.

unseenmage
2015-04-27, 10:27 AM
Fluke does his best to be everywhere at once. He refuses to be harnessed as a beast of burden so he does what he can to advise others when the need arises instead. He looks for opportunities to do as much work as he can using his voice alone. He also tries to stay at the forefront of their formation so that his new senses can offer as much forewarning as possible to potential threats.

Once at the caves he again tries his best to advise helpfully. He assists with the planning and division of labor as best he can. He keeps an eye and an ear open looking to tell which folk are satisfied with their new forms and memories and which folk are desperate for a chance to change back.

He's decided. He will lead once more and he will not wait until he's regained his position of power within his family. He hasn't given up on that dream, not yet. This current crisis has just changed his current goals is all.

Looks like Fluke's Leadership (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/leadership---final) is 13 without modifiers. Nets him an ECL5 Cohort, 10x ECL1 followers, and 1x ECL2 Follower. Right?

Charisma to just be friendly and helpful to community: [roll0]

Diplomacy to Gather Info: [roll1]; takes [roll2] hours
Looking to see what prospective Cohorts would be willing to follow Fluke, who have thumbs, and who are either Psion Shapers or still have spellcasting.
He's also primarily interested in those who want to transform themselves back to their old selves too, that being his primary goal.

Below are the rolls as they would appear if there was a suitable NPC available. Didn't roll them yet as I didn't want to do things out of sequence.
Diplomacy to Influence prospective NPC: 1d20+Charisma; DC varies
Leadership to Recruit Prospective NPC: 1d20+Leadership score; DC varies
(Power of Faerun page 156)

Smeggedoff
2015-04-28, 09:04 AM
Gram will help out with construction best she can, with a strong back if nothing else. Her presence sure ensure some measure of safety in case of surprises anyway.

LordotTrinkets
2015-04-28, 05:44 PM
Harlow moves about the populace, ensuring that every one is adapting well to their new bodies and in general good spirits. All the while, he is looking for elves that are or appear to have a workable knowledge of performance. Right now, Harlow doesn't know the first thing about the technical aspects of relocating a village, so he's sticking with what he knows and will establish a troop of performers. Fluke is the expert on bossing people around, so maybe if what he says needs to be done requires a diplomat, he could help. To try and be a step forward on this, Harlow will be keeping an eye open for a scout of some sort, preferably somebody with experience in stealth, in case the plot of land he investigates turns out to be filled with hostiles (which is very likely, assuming the scout now inhabits the body of something generally considered a horrendous beast).

Diplomacy check to gather information: [roll0] for [roll1] hours.
Harlow's Leadership score is 15 (13 if excluding bonus from Headband of Charisma).

Bearon
2015-05-01, 10:35 PM
Fluke's effort seem to be helping the villagers organize their efforts. They are able to construct more efficiently than they would have otherwise, resulting in a few more shelters built. Nothing fancy, but they seem sturdy enough to survive a rain or some fairly strong winds. The materials here are unchanged as well, which would have made doing anything with them more difficult. Quite a few villagers now find the cat-snake quite agreeable. The village seems split about their new forms. Some qutie enjoy what they have become and feel that maybe their new forms are actually an expression of their true selves. Others, however, feel it is an unnatural violation of nature, and that they are now abominations. As for finding spellcasters and Shapers, Fluke is only able to find a few wizard apprentices. You get the impression that Psionics are rare around this area, as no one is really sure of what you're on about when asking about "Shapers." In regards to finding a cohort, En'rial and his two councilors seem like the most appropriate choices.

Gram's assistance with the villagers is greatly appreciated. She even saved a few villagers from accidentally getting hurt or worse!

Harlow is able to find about 5 villagers, all with varying proficiency, that play instruments. There are also a few more that know a bit about traditional elven dancing. The ex-goblin is also able to find a pair of young rapscallion thieves. While they aren't very good at the whole wilderness thing, like much of the town guard, they are quite good at hiding, spotting things, and picking pockets. One even tries to lift some coin from Harlow, while talking to the other, but is caught with his hand inches from your coin bag.

Kell arranges the guard's patrols, although he does not personally go during the day, due to his crippling light sensitivity. Nezra takes time to set up personal lodgings in one of the smaller caves. She accomplishes this quite quickly, probably due to magical aid. En'rial meditates for hours. You are told he is attempting to contact the spirit of the land, and not to interrupt.

LordotTrinkets
2015-05-05, 07:35 PM
The town appears to have an adequate amount of performers, so Harlow progresses to invite those he finds of the proper level of skill into theatrical troupe. "Come join Porcelain Mouse's performing group! Will be fun and Harlow make blood pudding." Is what Harlow says to each of the performers. 'Porcelain Mouse' is what Harlow's decided to call the troupe, in honor of his late master Minbeja.

At first, Harlow is annoyed at the failed attempt to purloin his purse, but then he is suddenly reminded about himself. Back before Minbeja reformed him, Harlow also had a habit to 'clean' other people's belongings. He kneels down beside the two children and offers them food, hoping to do to them what was once done to him.

For the performers: [roll0]
Kid 1: [roll1]
Kid 2: [roll2]
I'm planning on making one of the kids my cohort

unseenmage
2015-05-06, 12:30 AM
Fluke engages the wizard apprentices in conversation doing his best to befriend them and gain their trust. If successful he ends by asking each, "If you're interested I am looking to gather magic users together to pool their resources and best aid the settlement. There would also be a focus on returning those who desire it to their original forms. Please come and find me if your desires follow my own."

Hearing about the possibility that Nezra could have used magic Fluke seeks her out as well. He approaches her dwelling carefully making sure not announce himself as not to cause alarm. "Hello, excuse me, Nezra is it? I was wondering if you would be interested in having a conversation about the future?"

Bearon
2015-05-08, 09:26 PM
The performers seem quite keen in joining up with Harlow, although they don't seem anywhere near interested for the blood pudding. Still, it seems like a good distraction from all the craziness and a good chance to help raise the villagers' spirits.
When Harlow offers the food to the young thieves, they look at each other in confusion. One of them takes the food and begins to happily munch it up. The other, however, gives him an angry look. "Traitor!" he yells, as a storms off. The other boy seems upset, but nonetheless continues his munching.

The apprentices seem very interested in what Fluke is saying. For one, they see this as being treated as respected magical practitioners instead of lowly, chamber pot-scrubbing apprentices (someone is actually taking a personal interest in recruiting them!). And then there is also returning people back to normal, which they feel is likely to restore their magical abilites.
Nezra is in her cave, reading a tome roughly the size of her. Despite her new, small, magma mephit form the tome, and everything else flammable in her den, seem fine. She scurries about, grabbing ingredients from all over, throwing them into a complex contraption upon one of her desks. She appears to be brewing something. During this process she is able to talk to Fluke, although, she does not stop to give him her full attention. "Yes, Nezra I am. The future, eh? Heh. I hope you have not come to me to babble about some new theory. Or worse, that it is remotely related to the Changes. I have heard innumerous theories regarding shaping and conceptualization of this very subject. Garlathan even had the gall to tell me that the future is-" What ensues is a nonsensical barrage of complex arcanobabble about time. Not once during this, however, does her brewing stop. You get the sense that she can, and will, continue her undecipherable tirade indefinitely.

An elderly looking hobgoblin approaches Gram, followed by a kenku and fire genasi, both appearing quite young. "Thank you for saving my life, strong one. But alas, it is a frail life you have saved. My time here is almost at an end, but I would not have my grandchildren remain in this realm alone, unguided. If you would have them, I would be humbled if you were to accept care of them. After I pass, they will have nowhere else to go."

LordotTrinkets
2015-05-10, 10:36 PM
The outrage of the youth surprises Harlow, but it doesn't concern him much, children who have learned to rely on each other are seldom to abandon the other so quickly. Assuming that the boy will eventually return to his brother, Harlow speaks to the other. Harlow kneels down next to the kid and tries to look him in the eye, difficult to do since the ragamuffin actively avoids eye contact.
"Bad things happening," he starts, Bad, strange things happening. Harlow want to find out what happening, would you like to help Harlow?"

unseenmage
2015-05-11, 12:49 AM
Fluke blinks at the onslaught of arcane theorem before clearing his throat, "It is good you are not interested in theory milady. I also have little need for guesswork. If point of fact I am looking to assemble a group of like minded folk with access to magic and the like to seek out the cause of our transformation and cure it for those who desire such. Would you be interested in joining our number?"

Smeggedoff
2015-05-12, 09:51 AM
Grams hands twitch unconsciously at the approach of the fire-haired youth
"odd" she thinks, be decides nothing of it

After hearing the old mans request she scratches the back of her head and sighs
wearing a grin like a mask to hide her own nervousness she looks at the two
"well, I can't very well say no to a petition like that can I?" she replies, beginning to walk around the two, tapping limbs and checking general health like she'd seen master Ro do many times
"WELL, I can't promise an easy life, especially considering recent events, but I can understand not having anywhere to go."

"Am I ready for this?" she thinks inwardly, "are they? The small one should do well at shadow hand... wait, am I considering this? damnit"

"...alright" she decides "What are your names?"

Bearon
2015-05-14, 12:25 AM
The boy looks at Harlow after he is asked for help. "Yeah. Everyone's a bit strange now. I know that they're the same people, but the spirits must've changed them or somesuch. I *guess* I could help ya, seein' as you need my expert help so much. I gotta warn you, though, my skills don't come cheap..."

Nezra's barrage of words has turned in direction in response to Fluke's proposal. "Well I suppose that means specifically what you mean about these 'like minded individuals.' There are societies out there that literally alter the minds of their members to match. Then there are some that are joined into a hivemind... Although, there have been individuals that have historically created their own societies out of themselves, literally copying themselves. Would such individuals have the same minds, though?" She starts to jot down some notes in a journal, probably to reference later. "Most of the time this ends poorly, however, as the gods see this as mortals overstepping their bounds. Perhaps if the individuals had a *similar* mind, but were slightly different..." She continues her ponderings aloud, although her question about the nature of your proposed group of magical folk still stands.

"Oh, worry not, they're very hard workers, aren't you younglings?" They nod quickly in unision. The elderly hobgoblin points his short walking stick at the kenku "He's Aiwin," and then at the genasi, "she's Nyna."

unseenmage
2015-05-14, 07:21 AM
Fluke's smile wavers slightly with mild irritation. But he recovers and interjects again, "By like-minded I simply meant people with similar desires and goals milady. It was both an effort to discern your feelings on our new changed status and to put you at ease by letting you know that though we are all changed there are still some of us who share a passion for the arcane who would use their skills and abilities to see us restored to our former selves."

It occurs to Fluke that this could be the woman's original mind and personality or that the memories of her new form could be overpowering her. He seats himself with all the grace of a feline looking for praise, "I wonder milady, am I speaking with you right now or am I conversing with you as amplified by your Changed mind or perhaps am I even speaking to the Changed mind itself and your own self has been overwhelmed?" If the woman was going to obsess over minutia then the least Fluke could do was aim her in the right direction. Fluke was of the mind that everyone could serve a purpose, one just had to figure out how to use them.

Smeggedoff
2015-05-16, 02:08 PM
Gram nods
"Alright. Aiwin. Nyna" she says, shaking each by the hand "Spend the rest of the day with your grandpa and meet me in middle of town at daw-"
she scratches her feathers and looks at the sky
"Well, what passes for dawn these days. Eat a big breakfast"

Bearon
2015-05-20, 07:47 AM
Nezra bellows out a loud laugh, actually stopping her work for a moment. "No, this weak form, while stronger than that of my previously elven self, pales in comparison to the totality my power. I am quite in control of myself, unlike some of the fools from earlier, and my persona lies largely unchanged. Even my writings and musings remain similar." She says, flipping through a journal, while her focus is still on whatever she is brewing. "But as to my thoughts on this whole situation, I care not for my new form, just as I cared not of my old form. As long as I am able to practice my arcana, all is well for me. To some, new forms might actually even be a blessing." A puff of green smoke mushrooms out of her cauldron after she drops in another eldritch ingredient. "But for some, sure, it's probably quite distressful... and solving this conundrum could very well get me the recognition I truly deserve..."
She grabs a vial and fills it with the cauldron's mystery liquid. It is primarily a deep green, but the light causes different colors to appear throughout, depending on the angle. "Here, drink this."

The two meagerly accepts Gram's handshake.
"C'mon younglings, show her you know what she's sayin'."
"Yes ma'am..." they say shyly in unison.
Afterwards, they walk of together, a large smile on the elderly hobgoblin's face as he looks down at his grandchildren.

unseenmage
2015-05-20, 09:54 AM
"It is good to know that I am not the only one who knows their own mind."

Fluke eyes the proffered potion before politely licking at it...

"So will you join my cause milady?"

Smeggedoff
2015-05-26, 04:05 PM
Gram shakes her head an chuckles before finding somewhere quiet to sit and think of what sort of training regimen to start the kids on and what sort of gear they'll need.

Bearon
2015-05-27, 08:06 AM
"I suppose that depends on whether you drink that potion." Nezra says. She seems to be almost tense now, pen at the ready, staring at Fluke. "I can't follow someone lacking the courage to jump into mysteries arcane or the adventures of discovery."
The potion tastes richly of what can only be described as metalic spinach, but then quickly lightens up into light, flowery flavors.

unseenmage
2015-05-27, 11:18 AM
Fluke nods agreement and laps up the potion in earnest...

LordotTrinkets
2015-05-27, 05:59 PM
Harlow chuckles, "Harlow can do that. Come, we find Fluke, Fluke know what needs be done." Beckoning the child to come along, Harlow goes searching for Fluke.

I just needed to resolve the conversation. Go ahead and do your fast forwarding.

Bearon
2015-06-03, 08:13 AM
Fluke finishes the potion... and for a few moments, it seems as if nothing is happening. You can feel your skin crawl as your flesh begins to shift. Nezra speaks a minor incantation to summon a floating mirror. Your feline shape remains. With it, however, are the black fur, tentacles, and extra legs of a displacer beast. "Don't worry, it shouldn't be permanent." she says as she begins scrawling notes. She continues by interviewing you and how you feel in your new shape, which feels surprisingly natural. You're able to fully control all of your new parts. You feel your snakes' minds still there, although they feel something akin to sleeping.
"I guess I could join your little club, seeing as you've helped me so much with my research."
Soon after the questions end, you return back to your Kamadan form.