PDA

View Full Version : How to create living creatures?

qwertyu63
2015-03-27, 07:05 AM
I seek to create living creatures. Here are the constraints:

1: I can't do it "the long way"; I'm looking for a way to do it with magic.
2: Epic content is off the table; Epic Spellcasting is so far off the table, it's in a different house.
3: The character doing this is a Sorcerer.
4: I am looking to create Kobolds.
5: The resultant creatures must actually exist (Instantaneous duration) and breed true.
EDIT: 6: The game is 3.5; however, I am willing to plunder PF if it works.

So, with the challenge laid out, is there any way to do this?

Kazuel
2015-03-27, 07:15 AM
I'm assuming by number 1 you mean you don't want to find a mommy kobold and a daddy kobold and buy them a per hour motel room?

Hiro Quester
2015-03-27, 07:27 AM
Why create, rather than summon, attract, hire, or kidnap?

With a box
2015-03-27, 07:29 AM
I seek to create living creatures. Here are the constraints:

1: I can't do it "the long way"; I'm looking for a way to do it with magic.
2: Epic content is off the table; Epic Spellcasting is so far off the table, it's in a different house.
3: The character doing this is a Sorcerer.
4: I am looking to create Kobolds.
5: The resultant creatures must actually exist (Instantaneous duration) and breed true.
EDIT: 6: The game is 3.5; however, I am willing to plunder PF if it works.

So, with the challenge laid out, is there any way to do this?

A. Do the long way, but in fast time(1round/year) demiplane
B. I think BoEF might have spell for faster way for baby.(I don't have one and it's 3rd party)

Add. Wait did you ask this because kobolts aren't exist in your campaign setting?
Then you Must need a epic magic for create one ( but first generations have permanent duration)

qwertyu63
2015-03-27, 07:37 AM
I'm assuming by number 1 you mean you don't want to find a mommy kobold and a daddy kobold and buy them a per hour motel room?

That is correct.

Why create, rather than summon, attract, hire, or kidnap?

Because they don't exist yet.

Add. Wait did you ask this because kobolts aren't exist in your campaign setting?

That is exactly why.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-27, 07:49 AM
Ask a dragon to make some, since that's their beloved kin.

Ask a powerful extraplanar being to make them for you.

Polymorph something bigger and smarter into one so it'll be permanent.

Prime32
2015-03-27, 07:54 AM
Carve a pair of kobold statues, one male and one female. Cast stone to flesh on the statues, followed by polymorph any object to turn them into kobolds (which becomes Permanent). Then have them breed; their offspring should be a real kobold.

With a box
2015-03-27, 08:11 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/originOfSpeciesAchaierai.htm
stupid epic spell one:

Conjuration (Creation, Healing)
Spellcraft DC: 38
Components: V, S, DF, XP
Casting Time: 100 days, 11 minutes
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: One constructed creature up to Medium (20 cu. ft.)
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
To Develop: 360,000 gp; 8 days; 14,400 XP. Seeds: conjure (DC 21), life (DC 27), fortify (DC 17). Factors: +4 HD (5 hp per HD) (+20 DC), +6 to natural AC (+12 DC), add three more natural attacks (ad hoc +6 DC), add black cloud spell-like ability (+33 DC), add SR 19 (+15 DC), permanent (×5 DC). Mitigating factors: 50d6 backlash (-50 DC), increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC), increase casting time by 100 days (-200 DC), burn 10,000 XP (-100 DC), eleven additional casters contributing 9th-level spell slots (-187 DC), ten additional casters contributing 8th-level spell slots (-150 DC), ten additional casters contributing 1st-level spell slots (-10 DC).

This spell creates a new creature: an achaierai. When first created, the achaierai is Medium, but it grows to Large size in 1d4 days. A created achaierai does not possess the treasure, culture, or specific knowledge of a normal achaierai. If released to be among its own kind, it quickly picks up achaierai traits and alignment.

and fix facters for match with kobolds...
seed:conjure (DC 21), life (DC 27), fortify (DC 17) sum: 65
factor : let left it Instantaneous(from shortest one, life) so none. so your created kobold are nonmagical
Mitigating factors: 20d6 backlash (Can you survive this? adjust it)(or delay death and heal) (-20 DC) increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC)
1 additional casters contributing 6th-level spell slots (-11 dc)(the celric who casted heal to you) 2 additional casters contributing 4th-level spell slots (-14 DC) (hire some mook)

and... that sums 0gp to bulid, 0 day, 0 xp, 10 min cast time, 0 spellcarft DC

this is why everyone calls epic spellcasting is epic broken.

Milo v3
2015-03-27, 08:36 AM
I think Pathfinder has some vague "rules" for creating monsters in Inner Sea Magic under fleshweaving.

qwertyu63
2015-03-27, 09:14 AM
Ask a dragon to make some, since that's their beloved kin.

That would be me; I am a dragon. How do I do it?

Ask a powerful extraplanar being to make them for you.

Not an option.

Carve a pair of kobold statues, one male and one female. Cast stone to flesh on the statues, followed by polymorph any object to turn them into kobolds (which becomes Permanent). Then have them breed; their offspring should be a real kobold.

That's... a good plan. I'll call that plan A if nothing better arises.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/originOfSpeciesAchaierai.htm
stupid epic spell one:

and fix facters for match with kobolds...
seed:conjure (DC 21), life (DC 27), fortify (DC 17) sum: 65
factor : let left it Instantaneous(from shortest one, life) so none. so your created kobold are nonmagical
Mitigating factors: 20d6 backlash (Can you survive this? adjust it)(or delay death and heal) (-20 DC) increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC)
1 additional casters contributing 6th-level spell slots (-11 dc)(the celric who casted heal to you) 2 additional casters contributing 4th-level spell slots (-14 DC) (hire some mook)

and... that sums 0gp to bulid, 0 day, 0 xp, 10 min cast time, 0 spellcarft DC

this is why everyone calls epic spellcasting is epic broken.

I do believe I said no epic.

I think Pathfinder has some vague "rules" for creating monsters in Inner Sea Magic under fleshweaving.

I'll look into that.

Milo v3
2015-03-27, 09:16 AM
That would be me; I am a dragon. How do I do it?

I believe the origin story for kobolds was that the dragons bled themselves in the aim of creating servants...

Maglubiyet
2015-03-27, 09:47 AM
So what's wrong with Polymorph Any Object?

If you're a dragon just cast it on your eggs or babies. The duration would be permanent.

Bronk
2015-03-27, 11:16 AM
Because they don't exist yet.

Step 1: Firmly Intend to Make Kobolds

Step 2: Teleport Through Time!
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b

Step 3: "Convince" some kobolds to come back with you (or turn them to statues, shrink them, and put them in a bag).

Step 4: Teleport Through Time! Again! Try to Avoid the Mind Flayers on your way back.

Step 5: Kobold Paradox and Profit!

Edit: Oh, also you can poach them from other crystal spheres using spelljammers (again, try to avoid Mind Flayers!) or from alternate Primes via the Plane of Shadow.

Flickerdart
2015-03-27, 11:30 AM
Step 1: Assuming the concept of kobolds exists, convince your DM to let you create kobold effigies. Otherwise, golems shaped like kobolds will do the trick.
Step 2: Cast incarnate construct on them. They are now living beings with real minds.
Step 3: Replenish your XP with a Thought Bottle and go again.
Step 4: If your DM rules that incarnate constructs don't breed, refer to the weird genetics of D&D - shapeshifted creatures that breed use their original form, not the form they've adopted, for determining the offspring. If mommy kobold and daddy kobold polymorph into people before doing the do, the woman will become pregnant with an incarnate construct kobold baby.
Step 5: If your DM decides this doesn't work, refer to Gheden (half-undead), half-vampires and the half-ghost dudes as evidence that creatures without functional anatomy still manage to breed.
Step 6: If your DM is not convinced, make lewd allusions to your "rod of lordly might" and "orbs of power" until he gives up and lets you have your kobolds just so you'll stop.

Ruethgar
2015-03-27, 12:25 PM
You can always Lucid Dreaming them into being. but you can lucid dreaming most anything into reality so that's not saying much.

You could become a god fairly easily with a mirror mephit and create the species with your nigh infinite divine rank.

You could also Pun Pun for it. Polymorph into a Sarrukh with Assume Supernatural Ability(Manipulate Form). This is an actually reasonable use for Manipulate Form and wouldn't be too far off to put into an incantation to limit ability to chain cast and potentially make it require something of value.