PDA

View Full Version : Gold Dragon as a Mount Question

samduke
2015-03-27, 09:09 AM
I am looking at a Strong Heart Halfling <CG>

I would like a Wyrmling Gold Dragon as a Familiar/Animal companion/Special Mount...

Gestalt
on the Base class side I would like, Paladin 5 / Druid 5/ Wizard 5/ leaving 5 empty levels
on the Prestiege class side I would like Bestmaster 2/ Halfling Outrider 3/ Arcane Heirophant 3/ RangerKnight 7/ leaving 5 empty levels

Feats that are required
Mounted Combat, Mounted Archery, Trample, Two Weapon Fighting
Feats I would like
Dragon Steed, Dragon Familiar, Devoted Tracker, Theurgic Mount, Holy Mount, Theurgic Bond x2, Natural Bond, Practiced Spellcaster

I realize that it will probly be impossible to get all the feats so the question is what to take for those empty 10 levels, how best to organize the classes for best effect ect.

Thanks

Red Fel
2015-03-27, 09:19 AM
So you want a Gold Dragon Ubermount? Got you covered.

From the Mount Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=25.0):
LG Ranger 4/Cleric 1/Prestige paladin 2/Vadalis beastmaster 10/Beastmaster 3
Feats: 1: Mounted Combat, 3: Skill Focus (Handle Animal), 6: Devoted Tracker, 9: Natural Bond, 12: Dragon Cohort, 15: Holy Mount

At lv20 your companion is any dragon available as a cohort with a net -1LA reduction, +20HD, +24 natural armor, +10 Str, +6 Dex, +10ft speed, Empathic Link, Multiattack, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Share Saving Throws and Spell Resistance. On top of that it gets +4/+2 to two physical ability scores, your choice of +2 natural armor or +10ft speed, and Alertness, Athletic, Endurance or Improved Natural Attack as a bonus feat.

After that, everything else is just butter. I suppose you could simply sink your levels on the other side into more Cleric, because casting > everything.

samduke
2015-03-27, 03:18 PM
near as I can figure it with the classes with feats I presented

I think this is how the mount ends up... [HD+34 NA+44 Str+17 Dex+11 (Int 14 Wyrmling) Tricks 19 <11+8 bonus>

Druid 5, 5th Link, share spells, Evasion
beastmaster 2+3=5+5 druid = 10th Devotion, Multiattack
h outrider 3+5 druid =8+10=18th Improved evasion
arc hiero 3+5 druid =8+18=26th
Theurgic Bond: 8+26=34, 34th Level or Higher (Level –33) [HD+22 NA+22 S/D+11 11 tricks]

Familiar
Wizard 5, 5th Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, Deliver touch spells
arc hiero 3+5=8 8th, Speak with master, Speak with animals of its kind
Theurgic Bond: 8+8=16th Spell resistance, Scry on familiar [NA+8 Int 13]

Special Mount
paly 5, 5th, Empathic link, improved evasion, share spells, share saving throws
h outrider 3+5 paly = 8th, Improved speed
rang knight 13+5 paly = 18th, Command creatures of its kind, Spell resistance
Theurgic Mount:8+18= 26th, mount’s spell resistance equals the paladin’s class level + 5
Holy Mount:8+26=34th [HD+12 NA+14 Str+6 Int 11]

Twurps
2015-03-28, 03:46 PM
Gestalt is not really my thing, so no build advice here, but classes to consider:

-uncanny trickster (CS): 3level class, 2 of which can be used to further the class ablilities of another class. Use it on Eiter Arcane Hierophant or Halfling outrider to get 12 levels out of either class.
-Legacy champion(WoL): A 10 level class offering a similar feature as the uncanny trickster, but I don't have the book here, so I'm not sure if the prereq's fit.
-1 extra level of paladin can get you some nice ACF's for your mount. There's Warded, and planar paladin. (don't have book refs at hand)

Also: there's a wizard variant out there, High one warrior wizard (?), worth looking up. I don't remember the details, but has some synergie with the whole mount/companion/familiar stacking stuff.

For full cheese: Bloodlines, as they advance all your classes on the mount buffing department, but that's just silly.