PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Eneko (Eberron) update for 5th.

M Placeholder
2015-03-27, 12:16 PM
The eneko were detailed in the guidebook Secrets of Sarlona, and here updated for the 5th edition.

The children of the nation of Syrkarn on the continent of Sarlona, the eneko are a hybrid of half giant and oni that now breeds true.
Standing about 7 foot tall, the Eneko look like half giants, but have a blue or green tint to their skin, and they have small horns and large canine teeth. They weigh between 310-330 pounds and they are tough and strong, but have a real affinity with nature and they often keep beloved pets or animal companions.

Eneko can live to 120 years.

As an Eneko, you have the following traits
+2 to Strength and +1 to Wisdom
A base speed of 30 feet
Darkvision of 60 feet
Advantage on saving throws against poison and resistance to poison.
You are powerfully built – your physical stature lets you function in ways as if you were larger than normal. You have advantage on grapple checks with a medium size creature or smaller.
Armor and Apparel costs 30% extra, due to your bulky build.
When using a 2-handed weapon, you can add your proficiency bonus to the damage roll.
You are proficient with the longbow
You can speak Common and Giant.

M Placeholder
2015-03-27, 12:18 PM
Eneko Feats

Coming soon.

PotatoGolem
2015-03-28, 01:09 AM
Seems fair to me. Two points:

1) Why a dex bonus instead of strength? To be fair, I haven't read the original sourcebook, but it seems odd to me that they're bigger than people but yet weaker than non-variant humans.

2) Give them poison resistance as well as advantage- brings them in line with the other poison-resistant races.

M Placeholder
2015-03-28, 02:17 AM
Seems fair to me. Two points:

1) Why a dex bonus instead of strength? To be fair, I haven't read the original sourcebook, but it seems odd to me that they're bigger than people but yet weaker than non-variant humans.

2) Give them poison resistance as well as advantage- brings them in line with the other poison-resistant races.

The dex was due to their favoured class, Ranger. I think it should be either wisdom or strength, depending on how strong their Oni bloodline compared to how strong the half giant bloodline is. Ill give them poison resistance.

Amnoriath
2015-03-28, 07:20 AM
When using a 2-handed weapon, you can add your proficiency bonus to the damage roll.

This is way too much as this is a feature that outclasses almost any other in passive damage bonuses in the entire game. I would instead add on to the Powerful Build feature.

PotatoGolem
2015-03-28, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure the damage bonus is that big of a deal. It's basically their only real racial feature.