PDA

View Full Version : WeaverDice, Golden age of Villains [IC]

Spacy
2015-03-27, 06:21 PM
The pub reeks of cheap beer and smoke and echoes with the sounds of raucous laughter as blokes celebrate the arrival of another weekend. The Diver is probably one of the cheapest pubs downtown, and its clientele reflects this. As one of the agreed upon areas of "neutral ground" in Newcastle, The Diver is also a common place for meetups between different capes.

Sitting around a back table, the small time villainous duo, Model and Wraith have just completed their hiring of Flood when a news broadcast flashes out quieting all conversation.

A shot of downtown New York fills the screen
This is an emergency report:
The leader of the Protectorate, Hero has just been murdered in New York by an unknown assailant. Alexandria has been hospitalized under critical condition. What will this mean for the future of the Protectorate and its affiliate organizations? More on this story as it develops.

Norpfang
2015-03-27, 07:13 PM
Model had a light grimace on her face. This was most definitely not her scene. She could pretty much be whoever she wanted yet she was living amongst lowlifes. She had a hard enough time convincing the public she wasn't some street thug. She even had an appealing reputation that had gotten her out of many dangerous situations, though most of that was probably a result of her powers. She was decked out in her normal costume excluding her head which was bear, the hood down, Having swiped a brunettes hairband earlier at the gym she was wearing her face as its own form of identity conceal. That and it made her look a tad older than she actually was.

She was fidgeting a black glove one of Wraiths spare gloves as to utilize later. It was useful to share powers with your team mates but it also gave the illusion that she was some kind of sidekick a stereotype that the public occasionally tried to broadcast to her dismay. Who did the think she was Wraithgirl?

Turning her brief grimace not a smile she looked at her companions and was about to speak before she realized the news was on. "Huh?! well then. You think we should look into this story? I for one would like to see what could do that kinda damage to Alexandria." She pointed quickly at the screen. It was all the way in New York even so better safe than sorry. Downing her glass she looked back at Flood and Wraith. "Well than, Welcome to the team." She was already imagining what she could pull with Floods abilities.

Demidos
2015-03-27, 09:09 PM
Wraith taps one of his fingers rhythmically against his wine glass, a sound that might have been annoying at any other time, but that with the announcement of the death of Hero fades to become nothing more than background noise. A clear frown is visible on his face as he glances at Model fiddling with the glove, and then across the table at Flood.

I've been in some pretty nasty places pitted against nasty foes, but anything that can take out both Alexandria and Hero in a single night isn't something I want to tangle with. I'll make some inquiries through some of my more discreet contacts, but we don't want to risk drawing who or whatever's attention directly. Flood, see what the net is making of this, and see if you can pull any interesting information.

To finish rounding out our team, i've been hearing rumors of some new cape on the block, apparently involved in petty crime, but who seems to be in it just for pocket change. There's also that new place down in the slums which has been somehow turned into a garden overnight. It may or may not be a cape, but someone who can instantly grow plants and trees could be useful for cover. They might be worth checking out, especially if they have some other power that is still hidden. Both are unknown quantities, and new to the area, so they're good potential recruits. We help them, they help us.

Silva Stormrage
2015-03-28, 12:39 AM
Flood receives the mesage from Wraith and starts searching for any information on the incident trying to sort through the massage amounts of baseless speculation. I will see what I can find. Might be difficult finding the truth quickly but we probably have a lot of time. It probably won't have that big of long term effect assuming it isn't another s class threat. It will probably stay in America or Canada.

1D6+3

Flood interjects on the communication network when the garden is brought up. I assume it's a cape of some kind. There is a Internet connection there which is kinda odd. I haven't tried to get acess yet as I don't need to piss off any pre cogs or maybe any tinkers there. Still it's odd for that area of the slums. Should I check it out boss? If they aren't that tech savvy I can probably access their computer if they have one connected.

Hjolnai
2015-03-28, 03:29 AM
A large man in heavy armour walks up to the bar.

"G'day."

There is the red flash of a twenty being dropped on the bar.

"Gimme a beer. And while you're at it, I've a question."

His voice drops a little, and is hard for others to make out through his helmet.

"I'm looking for a 'business partner' interested in buying some 'second-hand goods'. Where'd I find a person like that?"

Demidos
2015-03-28, 10:19 AM
Speak of the Devil... Wraith mutters, turning to look towards the newcomer at the bar, a mere few table lengths away. Flood, we wont need you to search for the first target, he just walked in. Model...remember, we need someone who has our same ambition...or who can be convinced. We don't need a liability on the team who won't remain loyal. Go ahead, this is your show.

Norpfang
2015-03-28, 11:31 AM
Nodding at Wraith she walked towards the newcomer. "Hello there mate." She smiled at the large man in armor. "I couldn't help but notice you walk in. It just so happens that we are looking for some assets" She gestured back to her table.

"How about we have a chat Im sure we could both have mutual benefit." She presented herself in an alluring manor a trick she found worked with most people she spoke to.

She hoped It would be enough to get a deal going. Only with 3 members they could use all the help they could get, and this was the first competent guy she had seen in ages other than Wraith and Flood of course. As to not appear in a hurry she sat down next to the man and looked took another sip of her drink.

Silva Stormrage
2015-03-28, 03:57 PM
Cool, pin pointing a single homeless cape would be a massive hassle. Lucky us, make sure you don't scare him off. Or if you do scare him off make sure you can at least identify him later that would make him much easier to find. I will tell you when I have confirmed information on the new threat in America. There is a lot of baseless speculation to sort through.

Whoops messed up the code.
Investigation Roll [roll0]

Hjolnai
2015-03-29, 04:00 AM
"'Allo cobber, the name's Haze."

Haze followed Model to the table.

"That was quick, you been waiting for this kinda thing?"

Demidos
2015-03-29, 09:55 AM
Wraith looks momentarily surprised (or rather, immobile, since he has his mask on) that Model was bringing him over to the table. But no, it seemed that the man had intiative and confidence. It would remain to be seen if it was overconfidence or the product of true skill. He leans forward in his seat, resting his armored elbows on the small wooden table.

Well that depends on what you're offering, now doesn't it.

Norpfang
2015-03-29, 10:50 AM
As she led the man back to her table she grinned and winked at Wraith all the while musing that she was the only one of the foreseeable team they were forming who was not decked out in armor. They still had to recruit this guy though first. Sitting down she offered a seat to the new guy leaning back in her chair. "Im Model, my friend and I are looking for a worth while investment. "

Answering the mans question she stated. A good cape always knows potential. We would however like some insurance on your value. She spoke in a friendly tone hoping her college girl attitude and friendly demeanor way the pseudo-interview in he favor. Even so she quickly skimmed the mans costume with her eyes, scanning for loose articles of clothing in case things went south.

Hjolnai
2015-03-29, 07:51 PM
"Investment? Insurance? All I was after is a fence - not like I could squeal on ya for that, since stealing's worse'n buying the goods."

Haze took off his helmet and put it on the table. The mail coif and drape underneath it still covered his head - all but the eyes - but with the helmet off, he could slide his drink under the jingling drape to take a mouthful.

His armour was in good condition, with welded mail links not likely to come loose without a hammer and chisel, and the plate reinforcements riveted on. The only noticeable part which might be stolen would be a section of bootlace, but it would be difficult to cut that without being seen.

He clearly wasn't looking as Model scanned him, so his next words must have come as something of a surprise.

"And don' give me that look. I must be twice your age."

Demidos
2015-03-31, 12:43 PM
Tell us about your goods, then. Wraith leans back, face still completely expressionless thanks to the mask covering it.

Hjolnai
2015-04-01, 05:40 AM
Haze turned to face Wraith.

"Well mate, I got about a dozen really good fishing knives, a couple tackle boxes, that sorta thing. I'd expect they're hard to trace, with a good second-hand market. Course, once I've got a buyer I can go after higher-value targets which I couldn't sell myself."

Norpfang
2015-04-01, 08:07 AM
Model ignored the mans comment, he may look good but she was by no means attracted to him in the slightest. Her eyes looked towards the helmet now briefly before returning to the man. "What the price of investing in you gonna take?" She wanted him as an ally but there was such a thing as to much of an investment.

Demidos
2015-04-01, 08:17 AM
A fishing store. An interesting target for a cape.

There is a bit of a pause.

Tell me, if I may ask, what is your plan for the future? A lifetime of petty crime? Is the pinnacle of your life's work going to be the time you managed to get some fishing poles with the boxes of tackle? Or do you have a goal hidden in there, one that is too well concealed to see?

Understand my reason for asking, before you answer -- My associate and I have powers, as you could likely guess. You may have even heard our names, though we have done little yet. But the powers are not the important part. What IS important is that we have a mission. A mission to help make this one corner of the world, this one country a better place. Corrupt politicians stand hand in hand with crooked businessmen and our forests are falling, our resources are being consumed, our waters are being poisoned, and our people are being beggared. The nine richest individuals in the country hold as much wealth as the bottom 20 percent (http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/oxfam-survey-finds-widening-gap-between-australias-rich-and-poor-20140615-3a5vd.html). We are being poisoned and ground into poverty, all for the sake of a momentary profit.

The system cannot be changed from within, for it is run by money. So it must be changed from without. Throughout the country, people are beginning to hear the call to arms.

Do you see the inequality?

Hjolnai
2015-04-01, 11:05 AM
"Pfft, you want to talk about inequality? Think about this. Three thousand dollars, cash. That sounds like a lotta money, right? But when you've got no home, no job or prospects, no friends who haven't turned on you, and you're faced with a night on the streets, it starts to look very very small. But you've got something else, right? you got powers. And the world's stiffed you a few times, so you don't owe it anything. So you go looking to turn that small amount into equipment for survival, and maybe a bit of revenge."

Haze paused for another sip of his drink. Steel clinked slightly on glass.

"So that's where I was, and that's where this armour came from. But the scale you're talking about? The world doesn't care. Leviathan didn't care the other year, when he hit Sydney.The rich are only like this cause they're running scared - all their wealth and power doesn' protect them from Endbringers or capes. The stock market crashes under Thinkers didn't exactly help. Er, wait a minute."

Haze turned back to Model.

"Sorry 'bout that miss, er, Model, but to answer your question, 't all comes down to the essentials in life. Place to stay, plenty to eat, bit of a savings account for emergencies, coupla beers. But outside all that, I gotta fit in or it's not gonna work. How about a bit of a trial run - a job to see if we can work together. If not, no worries, no hard feelings, but if it works maybe we could look at something more permanent.

Norpfang
2015-04-01, 02:56 PM
"I like that Idea, It'll be good to see you in action. How about something petty so we can get the hang of each others gifts. What exactly can you do anyway?" Model pointed at Haze's helmet. "May I?" A hint of curiosity in her voice. She always loved using her powers and it was a good opportunity.

Hjolnai
2015-04-02, 12:20 AM
Haze passed his helmet into Model's hands. It really was quite heavy.

"Mostly? I can see people. Through walls, behind me, doesn't matter as long as they're close enough. I've got a bit of a stun too, but not a good one. Big area, but only a coupla seconds, an' not in close. And you? What can you do?"

Demidos
2015-04-02, 08:50 AM
You probably should have asked before handing her the helm...

For a second the amusment is evident in Wraith's voice, then it turns serious again.

We should talk about this elsewhere. This bar is accorded neutral ground, and while that does offer benefits in the way of protection, it also makes this a prime place to bug.

I give you my word that we wont harm you unless first provoked.

The tone of his voice makes it pretty clear that he thinks this is more than enough to put Haze at ease.

If no one objects, Wraith will stand up and (of course) lead the way out of the bar and to somewhere less likely to be bugged, like a nearby park or our superfancy bond car (I know we dont have one of those, but I can dream, can't I?).

Norpfang
2015-04-02, 09:33 AM
Model smiled and winked at haze when he asked what she did. After that she proceeded to lift the helmet over her head placing it there her face expanded into the mans face. "This is my power" she said in his voice now removing the helmet handing it back to him revealing an identical copy of his face staring back. Reaching into a bag she pulled out a baseball cap putting it on her head changing back into the brunette she had previously been disguised as. Then as Wraith got up she followed suit and proceeded to a safer location. "Im a shapeshifter."

Hjolnai
2015-04-02, 10:04 PM
Haze looks taken aback for a moment, and his next words are in a raised tone which brings more than a few looks from other tables.

"Really? You're really gonna just show my face in front of everyone as if it was nothing? You'd bloody well better hope no one saw that!"

Demidos
2015-04-03, 09:55 PM
Wraiths calm is utterly shattered as Model takes off the helmet to reveal the face below, and he nearly chokes, barely recovering in time to send out a wreath of smoke blocking off their table from the sight of the other tables before Haze raises his voice and starts shouting.

He still seems at a loss for words, but manages to find some by the time Haze finishes. "I have to drop the smoke or we'll get in trouble for violating neutral ground. Model, keep that face to yourself, we dont want trouble. Haze, I apologize, it WON'T"

Wraith turns to look at Model.

"happen again. We didnt mean to provoke you. Model is just a little rash at times."

The smoke drops, revealing most of the other tables with their occupants staring in the direction of the smoke covered table, although a good number of them turn back as the smoke vanishes. The club's resident muscle pauses in his beeline towards the table, then seems to decide on something and walks up, pausing next to the table to see if someone needs to be evicted.

Wraith bows his head apologetically. A small misunderstanding. I apologize for the disturbance.

Hjolnai
2015-04-05, 04:00 AM
Haze seemed somewhat mollified by Wraith's apology. Nonetheless, his next words were not spoken with quite the confidence usually expected.

"No worries mate, looks like you're off the hook this time."

Looking to the waiting muscle, Haze waved.

"No trouble here, just what he said - a misunderstanding. Sorry 'bout that."

He turned back to the table.

"Okay, so where was this private place you wanted to speak?"

Demidos
2015-04-05, 03:08 PM
Wraith's tense stance relaxes when Haze waves the waiter away.

It would be good manners to let the guest choose. But if you have no preference...there's a park near here. Has a good number of trees, but also some open glades where we can stand to ensure privacy.

Assume Wraith leaves if the others are happy with it. Save some posting time, get Silva back on board :smallbiggrin:

Also, again for the sake of manners, once we step outside Wraith will vaguely describe his powers as ¨The ability to create smoke along with enhanced mobility¨, just so Haze has an idea of what he's getting into, as a measure of trust. Thats roughly the level of detail Haze himself used, and more specifics can be given once Haze decides to join (which hopefully he does :P)

Hjolnai
2015-04-06, 04:18 AM
"That'll do, mate. Let's go then."

Haze stands and hefts the metal of his helmet.

Norpfang
2015-04-06, 09:10 PM
Nodding at her companions Model follows out. "Sorry about that, I some times forget others have only one face to hide behind." As she walked she glanced back at the tv see If there was any more news on what they had recently witnessed on tv.

Demidos
2015-04-07, 09:37 AM
The three head towards the forest.

Spacy, if you wanted something to happen on the walk, go ahead.

Once they get there, Wraith leads the way through a thicket several hundred meters from a smaller side path into an open glade with a large tree in the center. The tree is large and has a thick overhang, blocking any possible aerial spying while also offering visibility of the surrounding area in case of the need for a quick getaway. Some various long disused chairs sit clustered in a circle around the tree, covered in leaves and decorated with the odd streak of dirt.

Wraith very pointedly does not sit on the grimy seat, clearly preferring to stand. Pulling out a headset, he tosses it to Haze.

If we're to work together, you should meet our other teammate. He's a bit shy, so he won't be coming in person, but he's quite useful at finding things out, and he's quite deadly in a fight.
(After introductions have gone through)
Good, we're all on the same page then. We can offer you a place to stay, and with your cut of any jobs you should be well off to meet your other needs. But for now we just are doing the one job -- Did you have anything planned? Ideally this should be pretty big, to establish us as players in the city, but obviously not big enough to bring Gavel down on us.

Gonna assume that I spent some of my cash on long distance walkietalkie/headsets with a couple spares. Maybe $200?

Hjolnai
2015-04-07, 10:33 AM
It takes quite a struggle for Haze to get the headset on under two layers of steel and one of padding.

"Well, I dunno mate. We could knock over a museum, grab some of them "symbols of capitalism", and ransom 'em back to the insurance company for a quarter their worth. The insurance company won't like taking risks, since they have to pay for the lot if it goes wrong, so they'll pay up most likely. An' getting the goods back where they belong means less heat on us, too. I'm sure getting one over the insurance companies is nearly as good as one over the banks for your, er, ideology."

It feels a bit weird planning super-crimes in a world so connected to our own - almost worries me that we'll end up on some kind of watch list despite it being completely fictional.

Silva Stormrage
2015-04-07, 02:22 PM
Flood stops trawling through the rampant speculation on the internet and the PRT servers to turn his attention back to the group. Greetings Haze, good to see you joining us. Though I am less "Shy" and more pragmatic. Besides if I was with you I wouldn't off been able to get your information for you. I dug up some info on the PRT servers for whatever it was that killed Hero. It was a dangerous new Cape seemingly called "Siberian". From what I found she seems to be a ludicrously overpowered melee combatant with some kind of null power field emanating from her like a point blank Hatchet Face. She just punched straight through Alexandria and took out a good chunk of her face. She basically seems like an invincible unmovable object/unstoppable force cape, shrugging off Eidolon and Legend like it was nothing. Thankfully I doubt we will have to worry much about her over here unless she for some reason gets on a plane and flies over here.

Flood catches his breath, There that info dump is over, been waiting to inform you guys once you finished the recruitment. Which crime in particular doesn't matter much to me, just something that pays decently works for me.

Norpfang
2015-04-08, 10:15 PM
Model was now crouched in a semicomforable position as she did not feel like standing up now that they had made their destination. Some where along the path she tossed the hat which had given her the face of the random brunet and now bore her blond haired face though now it was obscured behind her signature white hood and black mask. She was now playing with an odd shaped rock she had found on the ground.

Contrary to her social nature, back before all of this she was much more of a withdrawn introvert so she sometimes liked to just sit back and let others make the decisions. If she needed to she would manipulate things to go her way with charm and subterfuge but until then she had a reputation to uphold. "Pick the crime, and I'll do the recon just know I have to work on Tuesdays, and a couple morning classes." One of the most honest things about her life was her community college education other than that most of it she got bye with being some one else.

Hjolnai
2015-04-10, 05:56 AM
Haze shrugged.

"I said all I got, 'less someone else has a better idea."

Silva Stormrage
2015-04-12, 10:10 PM
Flood let's the silence hang for a bit. One thing we could do is finish rounding out our team. We have one other potential cape we could try to recruit them. If we get it done as quickly as we got you we could do it within the day.

Demidos
2015-04-14, 12:19 PM
Expect a post here, waiting on some information from spacy regarding specific heists.

Demidos
2015-04-16, 09:18 PM
We'll talk to the other recruit soon.

In the meantime, let's get down to business. I'll go over the jobs we have lined up. From easiest to hardest, there's a pair of places under gang protection -- a cape clinic that acts as a drug smuggling front for drugs, and a pawn shop that fronts a human and arms smuggling ring. Next, there's a cape friendly insurance company that funds several cape teams. Lastly, there is a well known restaurant/retreat run by Faunao. You know the one. The retreat takes advantage of Endbringer victims to line their own pockets.

Wraith turns, raises his mouthplate, and spits.

If it were my choice, I would hit the pawn shop. The other three all have cape connections, and human trafficking is a pretty egregious crime, so it would likely put us in good standing with the people. That always seems to Lastly, we could get a good stash of cash, weapons, and drugs from their headquarters. The gang that runs it plays dirty though, so it might get a bit nasty.
The other targets would all get us cash, and likely drugs, info, and blackmail, respectively.

What Spacy gave me on the sites. If you want more clarification on any particular site, Spacy has told me that we rolled well enough to get more info if we ask for it.

Easiest:
Cape friendly Pro Aussie, Asian excluding medical clinic. Distribution center for drugs with 10s of k passing though weekly. Potentially under protection of group Mazinger. Haul would be money and drugs.

Pawn shop named "Mow the Pawn". Human trafficking goes on in the basement as well as arms deals and cash storage. Group that owns it is called "Stalin's Wave". Gang is entirely unpowered (no capes) but doesn't play by the rules. Combat doctrine "quantity has a quality all its own". Know for killing Captain Storm" with Perfluoroisobutene and water balloons. Haul would be money and guns and drugs

Middle:
Very cape friendly insurance place. Real center of the community. Funds independent hero groups and donates to the Commandant regularly. CEO might be smuggling kingpin, with connections to most luxury item smuggling. CEO rumored to have connection with group that produces Parahumans (like gesellschaft) to maintain his smuggling business. Haul would be info mostly.

Hard:
Well known restaurant/retreat with a parahuman chef Faunao. Frequented by all the big names in Newcastle. Two main interesting rumors: "You can get anything here for the right price", "The retreat is built on the backs of Endbringer victims". There is also substantial wealth stored here. Being such a big name target both Commandant and Ho-oh regularly patrol nearby and would potentially move to protect it. Haul would be lots of money and potentially blackmail info.

Silva Stormrage
2015-04-17, 02:01 AM
Sure sounds good for me. It puts us on the map and human trafficking is atrocious. Drugs are less valuable to us really. I am not that familiar with the drug trade and it might be a pain to translate it directly into untraceable money. Still the rest seems to be good. Non capes should make this pretty straight forward too.

Hjolnai
2015-04-17, 08:51 AM
"Bloody right, mate. Let's get rid of the damn slavers. Don't want those bastards around. Just don't get shot. If they're dealing guns, they'll have 'em to use on us. 'Course, they're good money on the black market too."

The sound of Haze's enthusiasm is somewhat muted by the limited airflow through his helmet.

Silva Stormrage
2015-04-22, 07:26 AM
Flood responds to the assembled, I shall try to get a general layout of the shop. See if they have any laptops with cameras or anything else along those lines. I am not... subtle when I approach in person so someone else may be better suited for any physical scouting we do before we arrive. I don't think they should pose that much of a threat. Most of their feats seem to be when they are prepared for their opponents. If we hit them fast and hard in their own lair they probably will crumble pretty fast. Having Model and Wraith preform assassinations while Haze and I immobilize and deal with any large crowds of people.

Flood pauses, Haze does your stun you mention only apply to physical movement? Because if so that would be even better to team us together. My powers are purely mental, as long as I can see the water I can control it mentally. Having a bunch of stunned targets would be literally shooting fish in a barrel.

Computers roll: [roll0]

Hjolnai
2015-04-23, 02:37 AM
"No idea mate. I haven't exactly had the chance to try it out with someone else. I'd expect it's mental more likely. Oh, and assassinations? That's not gonna look great on our record. Don't really want the 'heroes' playing for keeps if and when we have to fight them. Better to stick to non-lethal takedowns when it's safe enough."

Haze moves as if to lift his cricket bat, before realizing that he didn't bring it - wouldn't have gone down well in the neutral ground of the pub.

"I can do that nicely, though there'll be a few broken bones ouddavit. My sight is good for stealth too - easier to sneak around when you know who's behind each door and which way they're looking."

Silva Stormrage
2015-04-23, 03:32 AM
I more of meant taking out those separated from the group not actual murder. I don't really care about those who enslave others so a few broken bones is fine by me.

We should try to find the general layout of their base. If we can do so sneakily I can probably cover and freeze over any exits or secrets paths they might have.

Demidos
2015-04-24, 08:42 AM
I agree with the non-lethal approach. Even better would be finding incontrovertible evidence and leaving it next to their tied up bodies at the police station. These people are scum. I'm no hero, but the last thing we want is for the law to come after us in earnest.

Wraith pulls out a sleek black phone and flips it open. He checks the time, and then slides it back into his suit.

Flood still hasn't narrowed down this new cape's exact location from the rumors, so I'm going to see what I can find out about the pawn shop. I just need a glance in the window and I should be able to get us inside. I'm also going to scout out the nearby buildings, see if I can get us some exits in case things go south.

If either of you would like to come, a face-changer or a person who can sense people's presence would both be useful. If not, we can meet back here at 14 hundred hours to hash out a plan once we have more specifics.

This team is actually incredibly synergistic.

Need to hear some rumors? We got all the information from the net and from the street.
Need to scout out the enemy base? The face changer goes in and finds an abandoned building nearby, the teleporter moves people in and out, and the guy who can sense people draws a map of the paths based on where he senses the people walking.
Need to infiltrate the enemy base? Same thing.
Need to set up our own base alarm system or cover all the exits? Dryad or Flood can do it.

It's pretty great.

Silva Stormrage
2015-04-24, 05:32 PM
Evidence should be relatively easy. Haze finds out where some of the prisoners are and tells us when people are nearby and maybe abusing them. Then get Wraith and Model to teleport in there with cameras and immediately take a picture of the scene. Hopefully knocking them out immediately as well.

Flood pauses for breath, Also on other important news. I found the Fire Department's building plan for the place. 3 Story Building with a fire escape on the roof. First 2 floors are the pawn shop proper while the third is "Storage" and employee break room. No basement on the plans and all the floors are a nice and even 24 by 24 meters. I can freeze over the roof preventing anyone from getting to the fire escape, Haze should confirm that there is a basement there, not knocking your plan Wraith just figured we should confirm we got the right place before we go in. Though if it is thats another piece of evidence, I didn't study law but I am quite confident it is illegal to construct a basement without the city knowing about it.

Demidos
2015-05-19, 03:17 PM
---
Several Hours later:

Wraith waves Haze along as they stroll past the pawn shop, idly glancing in the windows of the shop and the building next door, apparently a housing tenement of some sort. Wraith sports a cap for the local ball team, and is otherwise wearing a non-assuming get-up, keeping up an idle chatter about the unusual cold and the effect it might have on city maintenance. He makes sure to get a good look inside both store and tenement. As they turn the corner, he stops to tie his shoe. Standing up again, he turns towards Haze, keeping a strict control on his tone.

''Anyone home?''

A slight tilt of the head towards the tenement indicates the direction of his thoughts.

Assuming that Haze replies in the affirmative, he calmly scans the area, looking for a low-visibility spot from which they can teleport into the apartment, and proceeds to take them both up. Once there, he pulls out a printout of the pawn-shop blueprints and spreads it on the floor, then pulls out a pen and a highlighter, tossing them to Haze.

''We want numbers of opponents, locactions where they congregate, and especially the location of any extra spaces that seem to not be marked on the map.''

Making a few assumptions here, hope you dont mind, Haze/Spacy.

Hjolnai
2015-05-20, 01:39 AM
"Right mate, let's see who's lurking around in there."

Haze bends over the blueprints and tries to match up the people he sees with the floor plan.

Spacy
2015-05-22, 12:10 AM
The apartment you've found is on the third floor, and it looks to have been abandoned in a hurry. Across the street "Mow the Pawn" is bustling with activity. Security cameras cover the entrances and exits, while a rent-a-cop stands out front looking bored.

Connecting the people to the blueprints is a fairly simple task, as most of the activity seems to be centered around the two show floors, with the occasional employees running into back rooms or the third floor to retrieve something. Of greatest note is a door on the first floor that leads to a stair case that has a visibly armed guard leaning next to it. Beyond that, Haze can see that the person set to man the cameras is currently distracted with something on one of the monitors, and their hands are away from the keyboard.

I've added misc details to the OOC comment

Hjolnai
2015-05-23, 11:36 PM
Haze draws a circle around the entrance to the staircase, and another in the security monitor room.

"There's a bloke there who looks like a permanent guard on that staircase. Could be the place we're looking for. And 'ere, in the security room, the guard's focused on a monitor - hope 'e hasn't seen us."

Silva Stormrage
2015-05-24, 03:02 AM
I doubt he has, he wouldn't be calmly sitting there if he had. These guys aren't the type to let others have the first punch, they don't have the fortitude to survive it. The guard out front would be informed of a possible attack. It is probably best if we have Wraith jump the guard focused on the monitor, take him out and give a piece of clothing to Model for infiltration purposes. That way we can confirm if he saw us or if there is something else going on.

Demidos
2015-05-24, 10:17 AM
Ashen Wraith tilts his neck left, then right, eliciting a series of loud pops.

''I agree with Flood about him likely having not noticed us, but that plan would require Model going into the line of fire for no reason. Instead, Haze and I should teleport in and disable the guard watching the monitor when there is no one nearby under cover of a small cloud of smoke, to protect us from any cameras in the room itself. We disable the guard, and force him to tell us what he knows using Haze's powers. While Haze is interrogating him, I will take stock of their surveillance and any interesting information it might offer, and then destroy the monitors and the recording tapes to cover our tracks. The initial smoke cloud covers as an excuse of an electrical failure should replicate tapes somehow be kept.

Once that is complete, we can create a larger smoke cloud and pull the fire alarm. In the evacuation, with full cover of smoke and Haze's powers, it should be fairly easy to take down small groups of them, especially with the confusion as to what's going on. As the one with the largest range and the most raw power, Flood locks down the outside perimeter, prevents any of them from escaping. It would be best to act non-lethally, in case any civilians are still within the shop for any reason. We use Haze's power(s) to search for and free any human trafficking victims, and also to locate the location of anything else of notable value -- e.g. Money, drugs, their building insurance forms, etc. I can teleport it all to our van, which can be several streets away. We can leave the illegal drugs and any other proof tying them to Stalin's Wave lying in front of the pawn shop with their unconscious bodies. If we can extract enough irrefutable proof, we can torch the building as well, to better cover our tracks and abilities. I can get us back to the van, and Flood can control the blaze from there to ensure it doesn't spread.

The net result? A building mysteriously catching fire, and the unconscious bodies of a bunch of slavers (Wraith tips up his mask to spit) appearing in front with irrefutable proof of their activities. Flood's abilities will be too obvious to mask, as will Haze's mental domination ability, but the rest of our abilities and our numbers should be concealed under cover of the smoke.''

Wraith's forward-leaning stance and and the hunger in his voice speak for themselves.

Hjolnai
2015-05-25, 12:26 AM
"A solid plan, mate, but I dunno about torching the place. We could set enough of a fire to hide your smoke, while leaving time for the Firies to get here before the place comes down - don't want it spreading through the whole block. Also, I don't have that kinda Master power - all I've got is, as I said, a bit of a stun. Though, sure, that's what I'd say even if I had more, but I don't. 'Course, I look big and intimidatin', so I should be able to get a coupla answers maybe."

Haze spares a glance at the sky.

"'s a while yet to nightfall. We gonna wait for that, or maybe just rush hour? Traffic should make it harder for anyone else to get involved."

Spacy
2015-06-01, 06:56 PM
Later that evening:

The team returns to that apartment, which appears to have remained abandoned for the course of the afternoon. Security appears to have been upped for the evening with a total of 8 men remaining on the upper floors and two armed guards outside.

Hjolnai
2015-06-05, 04:42 AM
The cool darkness was refreshing after the heat of the day, especially in heavy armour. Haze reported to the other waiting capes on the reinforced security contingent.

A few more words, and Haze felt the shock of teleportation as Ashen Wraith took the pair into the monitor room. A small burst of smoke accompanied them, and Haze coughed at just the wrong moment. The guard, however, was not exactly on the ball after a long day of boring surveillance; he turned without shouting a warning.

"Stop."

The distance wasn't too close for Haze's stunning field. The confusion effect gave Wraith plenty of time to dart forward and grab the guard by the throat, forestalling any further complaint.

Haze walked forward, grabbing the guard's arm with one hand while raising the other mailed fist threateningly.

"Keep it quiet mate, or you'll get yourself hurt. Now, you n' me are gonna have a bit of a chat while my friend here has a look at your computers. Got it?"

At the guard's frightened nod, Wraith let go. Haze continued his interrogation, though perhaps he wasn't as frightening as he thought - he couldn't really tell if he was being lied to. The pair finished their respective investigations, and Wraith destroyed the equipment while Haze tied up the guard with duct tape (Wraith would teleport back to grab him before any actual fires were set). Wraith released a large burst of smoke as Haze found and activated the fire alarm.

"I see Flood at the entrance, like y'said he'd be. Guards're heading to the stairs we noted - prob'ly want to get their prisoners out too. Better move quick before they bunch up."

The two capes quickly headed to the room with the stairs, Wraith producing smoke constantly. When they burst into the stair room, the gathered guards took one look at the smoke flooding the room and fled - though only one headed in the direction of the main door. Haze would later see that one taken down by Flood, like the outdoor guards.

Unfortunately, the smoke also limited Haze's normal vision and he was unable to place a stun field to stop the fleeing guards. However, two had just emerged from the stairs with a group of five prisoners, and were quickly beaten down. Haze grabbed one of the prisoners by the shoulder.

"Free the others."

The two capes then set off in pursuit. Two rooms later, Haze put an arm out to stop Wraith.

"Ambush! They're all aiming guns at the door."

He didn't have time to mention the pair who were setting up a ground-mounted gun, but if they moved quickly it wouldn't matter.

Wraith suggested a teleport, and Haze braced for it. The next moment, they were in the room; all the guns aimed at the door would not point at them. Haze made straight for the mounted gun, but he was already too close to use his power. The two setting it up instead dragged it away, as another guard intervened by grabbing at Haze. A foolish decision, since the guard was quickly knocked down by Wraith's baton. The remaining guards fled once more, and while Haze struck out with his cricket bat and Wraith used his batons, they were able to inflict no more than bruises. However, a number of weapons were dropped as the slavers fled down another staircase - most notably, a submachine gun.

"Don' think we can catch 'em now. They're off the map. But they're running and not coming back."

Haze hefted their new captive as Wraith gathered the weapons. Returning to the room with the staircase, Haze started dragging the three beaten slavers out to Flood, to join the ones captured outside (the two guards plus the one who fled that way in the first place). Wraith addressed the trafficking victims and led them out. The group then looted the underground room, finding a substantial quantity of cash and drugs; the drugs were left with the captive guards out the front, after Wraith collected the one remaining captive from the surveillance room. One of the guards was in a critical condition, but Haze tried to ignore the problem as other group members dealt with it. Haze also left the decision of whether to set a fire to others.

Demidos
2015-06-06, 11:22 AM
It had been a smooth, easy operation. The jaunt to the operation room had almost gone terribly awry, but Haze's power had allowed him to calculate the perfect positioning to leave the guard at the perfect requisite distance for a stun.

As Haze led the terrified guard into the corner, far from any possible alarms, Wraith smashed all the visible cameras in the room, then went to where the security tapes were still rolling. An old fashioned system, to be sure, with a video tape recorder slowly rolling in the background. Wraith ripped the tape from the system, then, as a further thought, removed the reel from the last several hours, for later viewing. After Haze had finished, the prisoner had been hogtied, blindfolded, gagged, and had his ears taped shut. No sense on taking chances and sharing powers with these scum by accident.

Wraith paused, then crossed gazes with Haze.

''Coast clear?''

The affirmation was all he needed, and he pulled the fire alarm. As they stepped outside the room after locking it from within, closed the door behind them, Wraith took a breath and instantly smoke billowed out to his maximum range.

"I see Flood at the entrance, like y'said he'd be. Guards're heading to the stairs we noted - prob'ly want to get their prisoners out too. Better move quick before they bunch up."

Perfect timing. Wraith grinned under his mask. Having Haze was as good as any telepath or precog. The two capes quickly headed to the room with the stairs, Wraith producing smoke constantly. When they burst into the stair room, the gathered guards took one look at the smoke flooding the room and fled - though only one headed in the direction of the main door. Unfortunately, it seemed the smoke also limited Haze's normal vision and he was unable to place a stun field to stop the fleeing guards. Before Wraith could teleport in to stop their withdrawl, two more emerged with prisoners, and a quick reshift in priorities had them quickly regretting their hostage plans, as well as their choice in occupations.

"Free the others." Haze told one.

Wraith grabbed one of the fallen guards and ripped part of his uniform, then held it over his mouth, looking at the prisoners. ''Stay low. Cover your faces.''

The two capes then took off in pursuit. The guards attempted an ambush, but the smoke that had already seeped under the door with the confusion along with Haze's uncanny ability meant that a sudden cloud of smoke in the room was the last thing the guards registered.

Thankfully, it seemed some of the refugees had spoken English, and they had quickly rallied the others coming out. Running into Wraith and Haze on the way out, some had screamed in terror, but the ones who had been helped earlier calmed them down slightly. As Haze quickly dragged the unconscious guards towards the front, Wraith spoke to the prisoners as quickly and simply as possible. Any that wished were free to exit the building, and would swiftly be picked up by the government, who would likely put them on a boat back to their countries. If they had no place to go, however, Wraith offered an opportunity to come with them. They would not be hurt, and Wraith would find them stable jobs and homes, using his vast array of contacts. And those who did agree would be in positions to fight slavers like those they themselves had just been victims of.

I just want to note here, the way their descents and ''labor'' purpose to the slavers were specified indicates, at least to me, that they were likely desperate refugees who had been tricked into thinking they had found cheap passage and an offer for work in Australia. If this is incorrect and they are clearly Australian born/raised, disregard that line. I know it has a chance of coming across disrespectfully on a possibly sensitive issue, so I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

After letting the former slaves decide, the group then looted the underground room, finding a substantial quantity of cash and drugs; the drugs were left with the captive guards out the front, after Wraith collected the one remaining captive from the surveillance room. The leader was singled out and duct taped for further interrogation, then the captured slavers were dumped outside, tied tightly. To each was taped a placard -- ''Stalin's Wave. Handle with care''.

Finally, after everyone else was safely out of the building, Wraith returned alone to the security room, and cracked his knuckles, then snapped his fingers. Enormous explosions ripped through servers and computers alike, and shredded debris flew everywhere as Wraith stood, inwardly thankful that his costume offered such protection. After the hardware had been mangled past recognition and the fire had well and truly started, he teleported back to the apartment where the others were waiting.

Today, we have thrown a wrench in the works of a criminal organization. Today, we have prevented people from becoming drug addicts under the influence of those who would have done them harm. Today, we have saved the lives of 27 people.

This marks the beginning of a new age for this city. There are others who fight for justice, but today WE have joined their ranks. The government cannot handle everything, and corruption runs rampant. It is no longer the age of turning the eye away. It is no longer times when one can allow themselves to put their own safety before that of their neighbors. It is a new age. To fight. To protect. And to bring to justice. We will do our part in stopping the outrages that happen in this city, and we will become more than the protectorate capes that fly around in their pretty colors, more than Ho-oh and their incessant parading. We will become the heroes this city NEEDS.

Silva Stormrage
2015-06-07, 03:29 PM
Flood waits in his frozen throne out of line of sight and waits for the decided time. Once the clock strikes he moves into position.

Flood brought his imposing crystalline floating throne of ice within line of sight of the guards standing. Panicking the guards reach for their guns but Flood simply sends a torrent of water streaming their way and slams them into the back of the wall. He cries out in pain as the water freezes around him. Flood leaves a semi warm layer of water between him and the ice to prevent freezing but still keep him locked tight.

One of the guards yelps in pain and collapses entirely unconscious.

Huh, slightly less force next time I suppose.

Flood simply flies up to a position where he can watch two of the entrances at once. Standing as an implacable judge waiting to deliver a verdict upon them. Unfortunately, he waits for quite a bit as the criminals escaped through an underground exit the group hadn't discovered. Eventually he hears word from Wraith and he lets the guards go freely, taking his semi tainted water with him and adding it to his throne's mass as he flies away to rejoin the group.

Spacy
2015-06-10, 02:35 AM
Today, we have thrown a wrench in the works of a criminal organization. Today, we have prevented people from becoming drug addicts under the influence of those who would have done them harm. Today, we have saved the lives of 27 people.

This marks the beginning of a new age for this city. There are others who fight for justice, but today WE have joined their ranks. The government cannot handle everything, and corruption runs rampant. It is no longer the age of turning the eye away. It is no longer times when one can allow themselves to put their own safety before that of their neighbors. It is a new age. To fight. To protect. And to bring to justice. We will do our part in stopping the outrages that happen in this city, and we will become more than the protectorate capes that fly around in their pretty colors, more than Ho-oh and their incessant parading. We will become the heroes this city NEEDS.

As Wraith finishes his speech a blast of electricity jumps though a nearby wall surrounding each member of the group without touching them. A woman appears surrounded by the same lightening with strands connecting everyone to her. Clapping her hands together she cheerfully announces, "Hello heroes! I'm Atticus a proud member of Reborn! We are in the process of recruiting a new member at the moment and would very much like to avoid interruptions. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can I ask you to please wait here until we are done? I would hate for things to have to get any more violent."

With that she seems to sit on the air and wait. Nearby a large group of people are speaking in complete unison though the words are difficult to make out.

Hjolnai
2015-06-10, 03:09 AM
Haze's gauntlet clinks as he grabs Wraith's shoulder. With his other arm he points into the darkness, perhaps not considering who might be watching...

"They're grabbing someone over there. Lots of 'em. We figh'ing or running?"

Demidos
2015-06-10, 11:20 AM
Wraith privately adds a note to his mental checklist to add rubber insulation on the inside of his suit, when he gets the communications upgrade.

Taking in the electric link between the woman and himself, Wraith slowly turns to look at the newcomer, lowering his arms to his waist in a non-threatening way.

There is a pregnant pause as Wraith stands, motionless, then he looks at Haze, who is still gripping his shoulder. ''How many, and how far?''

Looking back at Atticus, Wraith raises one hand, empty, palm up, and speaks again, his tone neutral. ''In one breath, you label us as heroes, and in the next, ask us to take actions inconsistent with the same. Add to that the fact that you yourself are interrupting our own gathering, and you seem to be asking for a fight. Tell me, is that how Reborn really wants its first impression to be, or do you just not care? Because not caring about impressions can get you into some real trouble, real quick.
But far be it from me to be called magnanimous. I'll give you one chance to explain who you are and why you are kidnapping someone. Make it good.''

The pause, speech, the exaggerated movements and the provocation of pointedly ignoring Atticus in his first exchange are all calculated to draw attention. Enough attention, perhaps, that Atticus might not notice that Wraith is holding down the speak button on the walkie talkie he was using to broadcast his speech to Flood. Or that he pressed it when he began to speak.

As THAT GUY with the sucky wits, I figure it would probably take him a second to concoct even the obvious plan :smalltongue:

Mentally, he prepares himself to teleport himself along with Haze (who is currently touching him) into the adjoining room if she acts in a hostile manner, at enough of a distance that Haze can use his power, and hopefully breaking the link between them and the electricity.

Hopefully Flood gets the memo. I figured that he is still outside due to the fact that he uses a giant throne of ice and water, and I can't imagine fitting that in either the door OR the window :smalltongue: If that is incorrect let me know and I can edit that.

Silva Stormrage
2015-06-11, 02:16 AM
Flood spots the odd lighting and the feed from Wraith and sighs, Nothing is ever easy...

To Wraith flood simply states, Speak the phrase "We may have to defend ourselves" if you wish for me to engage reservedly and the phrase, "We will defend ourselves fully" if you wish for me to go all out and level the building. Say nothing and I shall simply monitor the situation at my digression.

Hjolnai
2015-06-11, 07:53 AM
Haze leans over and speaks in Wraith's ear, almost inaudible through mail and helm.

"'Bout fifty or six...y, groups... three, edge of me range - eighty metres or s..."

Spacy
2015-06-13, 10:20 PM
(They appear to be willing to just talk for a moment, make of that what you will)

The man in blue tilts his head to the side and starts laughing.

"What you did to their friend? Girl you just broke a borrowed toy, nothing more then that. There are plenty more where it came from"

As he speaks another group of three walks in perfect synchronicity behind him. All six of the group speak together as a team.

"Dryad if you join us now, we can promise that you will only be punished for your initial refusal and nothing more. Otherwise we will be forced to make you share your gift with someone more loyal, which is unpleasant for all involved. Join the Reborn or suffer more"

Atticus shoots up and waves three fingers in Wraiths face. As she speaks she gesticulates with her other hand.
"Ok, first of all did you have to be so rude to me? As far as first impressions go, teleporting in and asking you to hold off on this one is probably one of the more polite ways to do this. Better then a couple of bullets to the brain, that's for damn sure. Secondly, the only hero who never takes breaks or backs off of things is Scion. All the rest of us go home, sleep, and take the mask off to live a normal life. All I'm asking is that you flex the part of your brain that says "It's ok to take a break" for 10 minutes while we finish our recruitment. Third, Reborn is one of the only good teams left in the world. Look around you, humanity is losing islands to Leviathan and hundreds of thousands to Behemoth every six months. Reborn is a last ditch effort to fix that by gathering all of the heroes who have been blessed by Mother Gaia and using them to heal her back to health. That way she shall call off her plagues and Endbringers. Beyond that all capes are crazy, and they do not understand the sacred mission they have been given. Once they have joined with Reborn long enough that insanity will be cured. It's hardly kidnapping to heal the sick after all."

Smeggedoff
2015-06-14, 07:12 AM
"hn?" grunts Dryad "Borrowed toys? Well that's interesting, your comrade treats borrowed things so carelessly and now you're asking to share my things?"
She appears to mull it over for a few seconds as her garden spreads further
"I don't know. Am I the kind of person who shares nicely? I wish I knew. How about I give it a try? Would you like sample of what I can share with you? Tell me perhaps, are you familiar with Dendrocnide moroides?"

And invisible signal causes a ring of bushes to sprouts through the pavement in a thick ring around Dryad which begins widening outwards slowly

"so enjoy that free sample na ma low, it's all you're getting from me" she spits, willing a tre to grow beneath her, carrying her to the nearest rooftop

"I really hope this works"

Demidos
2015-06-14, 09:32 AM
Wraith stands motionless for a few more seconds, listening to the advice of his teammates, then he turns back to the girl.

''I will be taking these innocent people and leaving. Haze, keep an eye on her.''

Wraith gestures the former slaves out of the room, and begins heading out. At the doorway, once the lightning strands connecting the slaves to Atticus are (presumably) broken, he moves out of her line of sight to teleport everyone to the van as fast as he can, ideally also maintaining visual with Haze. To the most capable and collected person in the van, he tosses a pair of keys.

''Take these. Drive ten blocks north of here, and then 15 east. There is a large warehouse with a large dirt field outside it where they sometimes store things for the railroad. Park in that dirt field and wait for us there.''

Then he steps back into the apartment complex and from there from out behind the doorway, and jerks his head at Haze leave. He glances out the window, memorizing a far off window, then grabs Haze's shoulder. Despite his discomfort at this underhanded way of dealing with others, Wraith realized that taking one cape out here would be better than engaging several at once.

''I took them to safety. If we are attacked, defend us fully.''

Assuming Haze gets the message and stuns her, Wraith will attempt to knock her out, then tell Flood to redirect his efforts to getting the hordes of other enemies under control.
If she doesnt seem affected by the stun, Wraith will immediately put up a smokescreen, and then attempt to teleport out with Haze to a different building towards the fighting where we might have a better view towards the fighting, allowing Flood to level the building while she's still blinded.

Spacy
2015-06-19, 02:02 AM
As she ascends to the top of a nearby building, Dryad notices a man dressed in a well fitted suit and tie wearing a domino mask standing on a street, a block over. As she lands on the roof her foot dislodges a nearby brick which ends up dropping the fire escape ladder near his waiting hand.

On the other side of the building the blue armored cape gives a laugh as he charges though the bushes. With a shout of "I love it when they resist" and a quick leap in the air he plants his feet into the building and starts running up the sides.

A quick gland around the building shows a swarm of people running towards the building like something straight out of a zombie movie. Several of them are carrying chemical sprayers on their back and moving with some amount of tactics.

"Wow its really admirable that he's willing to protect the innocents like that before starting on the serious cape fighting stuff. Though its kind of a low blow to be stood up like this right as we were getting ready for a cape fight. Didn't even have the courtesy to start with some proper trash talking."

As Wraith reappears after taking out the last of the victims Atticus lunges forward tagging Haze with one hand and shooting a spark of lightening with the other. As both ends connect Wraith loses the ability to teleport and Haze's people sense grows dark. Simultaneously Haze gains the ability to teleport while Wraith is suddenly aware of everyone within 100ms.

"​You never really understand a cape until you borrow his powers and walk around with them." With a glance at the door she settles into a fighting pose. "Feel free to join us if you want Riorusses"

Hjolnai
2015-06-19, 07:54 AM
The sudden sensory loss is somewhat disorienting, but Haze seems to be unusually on the ball today. He grasps his cricket bat and lunges forward to strike a glancing blow. Just a bruise for now, but it sets the pattern for the fight to come. Instinctively using the new power, he finds himself behind Atticus - though not for long enough to inflict a serious blow just yet.

Demidos
2015-06-19, 08:49 AM
Across the room, Wraith shrieks and drops to his knees as he covers his head with his hands, as an ability as instinctive as his ability to jump suddenly dissapears, and is replaced with a hundred thousand details about every single thing imaginable within a huge radius. SO MUCH INFORMATION, it is difficult to process everything that is happening, and he lashes out, trying to silence the voices.

''stop....Stop.

STOP.''

He lashes out reflexively with his smoke and fire, catching both Atticus and Haze in the crossfire as explosions ripple through the air, burning and smashing the windows, furniture, and people as Wraith's mental restraint is lifted in the shock of the moment. An unlucky explosion catches Atticus directly in the face and throws her across the room like a rag doll, burning her face and hair. Haze is mostly protected from the debris by his armor and luck, although he might have some slight burns tomorrow.

As the shriek dies, the explosions die as well, and Wraith goes to his hands and knees, trying to control the overwhelming information flow.

Could I get a rundown of who is in range?

Smeggedoff
2015-06-19, 11:44 AM
"Oh come on, that just isn't fair!" Dryad moans, flinging her bag of food at the wallrunning cape as a petty innefectual act of resistance before turning to find somewhere to hide on the rooftop.

"Note to self, This power is no good for hit and run tactics." she thinks, taking cover behind an air duct and rooting

"... well, unless I'd had a garden up here already" she muses before the thud of arrival on the rooftop makes her jump "right. Ok, if I get out of this I'm spreading gardens in as much of this city as I can"

Silva Stormrage
2015-06-19, 05:14 PM
Flood floats nearby and unleashes judgement, He thinks to himself, Looks like I can do some heavy lifting after all tonight

The rest of the group hears a window break as billows of warm heavy mist enters and floods the room blocking line of sight and soon after they hear a large crashing sound as Flood simply breaks through the somewhat weak outer walls to see the inside.

He pauses as he is somewhat confused by Wraith and Haze acting oddly, Wraith seemingly disoriented and Haze engaging in melee right away. Flood simply superheats the mist surrounding the enemies and pumps out enough water to freeze a decently large wall between Haze and Atticus as well as surrounding Wraith.

This should slow you down somewhat at least.

As Atticus is probably shrieking in pain Flood forms several shards of ice (1 mm wide 5 cm long pointed tip) and lifts out one of his specialty blades from his throne launching all at the writhing form of Atticus, the shards simply impaling themselves into his arms and left leg. He uses his specialty blade to simply cleave off Atticus's right leg as if it was nothing. Flood then superheats the mist even further and cauterizes the wound entirely.

Unfortunately it seems Atticus has a firm grasp of operating under pain and after she falls to the floor unbalanced she vanishes in a burst of electricity.

Through his communication network Flood simply asks, Are you guys alright? Do we need to evacuate or attempt to rescue their "Recruit"

Demidos
2015-06-19, 05:56 PM
Wraith struggles to his knees, giving his head a violent shake. When he speaks, his voice still sounds a tiny bit unsteady.

''We go for the recruit. It seems to be a woman, and she seems to be facing off against at least one cap--''

He shakes his head again, seemingly almost tipping over.

''Haze, how do you keep your senses straight with this cursed power?

She's facing off against two capes on the roof of a building, with a large number of unpowered heading towards them, judging by the positions and equipment. We have to assume that the other two are on par with this one, and so this will be a get in and get out mission. Haze, do you think you can control my power well enough to get her out? I don't have the range to handle them myself.''

So...I know that the power switching was probably supposed to be mostly an annoyance, but Haze has all of the combat powers right now, since he has the stun AND the teleport, and my combat abilities are melee range. So ah, guess its up to you guys to grab her? Shouldn't be too hard with a stun teleport teleport, and Flood keeping the unpowered off our backs.

Hjolnai
2015-06-20, 01:31 AM
"I'll give it a go mate. Any chance of a noisy distraction?"

Haze stopped.

"Actually, how d'ya take people with you with your teleport? Just grab them and use it?"

Silva Stormrage
2015-06-20, 04:57 AM
We probably don't want to take Wraith into the fight proper right now, it might be better if we leave him hidden nearby so he can feed us intel and stun opponents. Haze, your stun doesn't need line of sight or effect right?

I shall draw attention initially while you two set yourselves up quickly. While their focus drawn towards me Haze... or Wraith depending on if this power switch or whatever is going on wears off quickly... teleports behind and quickly engages and hopefully takes out one of the capes in the area. After that we engage as necessary and attempt to retreat with their recruit, capture one of them if necessary as intel on the group would be nice. They probably won't be that happy with us after this. We should be able to tell their "Recruit" apart from the rest of them. Any comments or complaints with this plan?

Demidos
2015-06-21, 09:08 PM
Wraith nods at the quickly formulated plans.
''Good. Do it. Flood. Haze still has the stunning ability -- I'll keep you updated on the progress of the non-capes as well as provide a suitable distraction. Haze. To bring someone with you, you concentrate on that same feeling of falling into emptiness, but instead of imagining them being ripped from your grasp, you picture them falling right alongside you. It feels almost more natural. You will have to maintain physical contact with them to move them. Test it once, then lets move out.''

Plan is to have Haze pull me to a uninhabited open rooftop, and let the explosions go wild, which should cause quite a clamor.

Hjolnai
2015-06-22, 03:03 AM
"Right mate, let's try this then."

Haze grips Wraith's shoulder, and after a moment's thought they teleport to the other side of the room.

"Right, I'm off then. Let's just hope this power swap doesn't wear out halfway through, or this'll be nasty. If it does Wraith, y'd better be ready to come get me out."

Spacy
2015-06-23, 10:25 AM
With a small electrical spark, the air conditioning vent starts coughing up smoke, obscuring her view for a brief moment. As she beings to work her way out of the smoke the blue armored warrior comes charging up behind her but he scores a glancing blow on her shoulder with his fist before getting it caught on the vent.

On the edge of the roof groups of people holding nets begin to climb up.

Demidos
2015-06-23, 08:44 PM
Wraith grabs Haze's shoulder back, with the most stereotypical man to man gesture imaginable.

''I'll have your backs.''

Smeggedoff
2015-06-24, 10:38 AM
Dryad swears and stumbles back, mentally forcing creepers to grow their way up the capes legs unnaturally fast.
Retreating across the roof she pauses again to spread garden, if she can cover the rooftop se might be able to claw this back.Or collapse the roof as a last ditch effort.

Spacy
2015-06-27, 06:08 PM
The creepers manage to trap the blue armored warrior damaging his armor and taking him out of the fight. Unfortunately as she backs up a group of three bodybuilders manage to tackle her, breaking her leg in the process. In the background several more groups manage to make it up onto the building.

Smeggedoff
2015-06-28, 03:35 PM
Dryad yells loudly as pain lances through the broken limb. Attempting to twist away from the grasping hands she succeeds only in losing her coat as she falls
"[AGH! You Toad-loving son of a pig!]"

Spacy
2015-06-30, 11:29 PM
As Dryad falls onto the ground the third cape steps out into the light. Motioning for the body builders to hold her down, he stomps on her left shoulder breaking it with a efficient motion.

Leaning over her he whispers "It's always foolish to run away" ​

Smeggedoff
2015-07-02, 06:03 AM
Dryad tries to remain defiant but the broken bones make it difficult to sound unperturbed
"Like standing and taking it is better?, go to hell."

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-02, 05:15 PM
Flood flies over and reveals himself to Dryad and the other assualting capes as he quickly covers the entire area in a thick warm mist. Flood speaks out using his speakers to address the crowd, Frankly, I think running might be a good option for you dipsticks right now. Flood turns his eyes towards Dyrad noting her somewhat prone form and injured state as well as her obvious case 53 status he speaks again, The one with the leaves and plants, don't worry, we will take care of these blokes soon.

With that he superheats the water around Karma and Materiamorph, the same tactic he used on Atticus. Then, Flood focuses on the large amounts of minions scaling the wall and tries to pin them to the wall they are climbing with a near full body incasing of ice (Leaving their head open). He tries to do this somewhat gently so that they won't get killed as they get slammed into the wall from massive chunks of ice.

Okay the rest of you can decide how you want to injure Materiamorph. And if any of you suggest that Flood couldn't of possibly heard the line about running being a bad idea I say to you, correct but it was a cool line anyway :smalltongue:

Hjolnai
2015-07-03, 12:30 AM
Haze teleports with Wraith to a suitable vantage point on a nearby rooftop. With a clear view of the fight, he uses his power.

"Stop."

This time the stun is badly placed, only catching the already distracted Karma. A quick teleport, and Haze is right beside the stunned cape; he shoves Karma to the ground as he raises his cricket bat with the other hand to strike at Materiamorph, whose hard shell deflects the strike. There follows a bit of a brawl, Haze unable to harm Materiamorph much but well protected in his turn.

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-03, 06:40 PM
Karma falls through the floor unexpectedly. Flood was sure that floor was sturdier than that and floods the entrance with searing water hoping to still catch him with something. He then turns to metamorph and attempts to simply launch him off the building a large torrent of water, with frozen chunks to add more momentum to the attack.

Wraith keep track of the guy that just fell through the floor, we don't need him popping up behind us.

Surely someone with a brute ranking can survive a 3 story fall :smalltongue:

Smeggedoff
2015-07-04, 09:42 PM
Dryad tries to sit up and falls back gasping in pain
"Note to self, pretty sure my left everything is broken"
Moving her unbroken leg to place her foot flush with the ground she begins extending a garden into the rooftop again.
If these jokers turn out to be another hard sell they'll regret it.

Demidos
2015-07-06, 01:54 PM
Wraith watches the commotion from on high, calling out the various threats as they appear.

"The one with armor has explosive hands, he mostly uses those for combat."

The shaken feeling from before is gone, replaced with a cold anger. How dare they take his powers from him.

"Haze, there are two coming up the stairwell behind you."

The words at tossed out mechanically, automatically. When he got his powers back...if he got his powers back, well. It wouldn't go well for them.

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-10, 04:49 AM
Flood notices Metamorph resisting the concussive stream of water. Rather than increase the force to perhaps lethal levels Flood will form ice behind his knees and knock him off balance, with his feet off the ground Metamorph flies off the edge and is pinned to the ground with ice.

With that Flood turns to Dryad, the prone case 53 on the roof, I apologize but I must assist my other ally in taking down the last cape. I shall protect you hopefully from the remaining minions gathered here though hopefully anyway. Shout out if you need more assistance, we shall get you to a hospital or whatever you need to heal once we are finished. Trust me we won't harm you and I would like to help you. Floods near mechanical voice seems to have a bit of emotion as he finishes his statement and begins to engage Karma.

Haze, chase him down and try to keep stunning him. Wraith update Haze on his position as he keeps going I can't maneuver in this house but I will try to attack from above.

In the ensuring battle Haze constantly delivers serious blows to Karma but always seemingly misses critical or fatal blows. With Wraith directing Flood on everyone's positioning Flood sends swarms of razor sharp ice through the floor careful to avoid hitting Haze but landing a few sharp blades into Karma's body.

Karma just wouldn't go down though, and it took several minutes of circling around the building for the fight to finally end. What did it is the power switch between Wraith and Haze finally wore off and Wraith teleported in front of Karma flooding the room with smoke and laid a deadly explosive. Karma, unaware of the danger and coughing at the smoke took the full force of the blast which knocked him clear out of the building through a window shredding him even more (Though miraculously didn't cut any arteries or anything important) which caused him to land on the back of a truck unconscious as he smacks his head against the side of the truck.

The force of Karma hitting the truck must of spooked the driver as it zooms away from the scene and makes a mad dash out of line of sight and within moments the truck is out of Haze's range.

Unfortunately, Flood returns to the roof to find that Metamorph has also broken free and the trio find themselves on the roof with an injured Dryad.

Posting just to speed this up. I would rather this game doesn't die :smalltongue: If anyone has any critiques of what I posted or would want to change something just mention it

Smeggedoff
2015-07-10, 10:33 AM
Dryad rolls her eyes
"Sure, hospital" she mutters "If I wanted to turn myself in I'd have done it weeks ago."
Since the danger seems to have passed she begins growing vines from her garden to prop herself up. Stopping and wincing occasionally as she works out the limits of her injured limbs and wishing she'd taken a first aid course or something. Or at least looked up some plant-based painkillers.

Demidos
2015-07-10, 02:08 PM
Wraith rolls his shoulders, cracking his neck. It was good to have his powers back.

"Anyone injured?" He asks the team. "No? Good. Get ready to leave before Atticus returns with reinforcements."

Turning to the case 53, he surveys the roof, looking over the plants swaying to the motions of her hands and piercing the bodies of several of their downed opponents before his glance slides back to Dryad's face.

"I see what they meant about Gaia powers. How badly are you injured? We can take you to a safe place where you can rest and recover, and we have a basic first aid kit. We have a fair medic as well, though you are of course free to go see one of your own if you have one. In either case, we have to leave soon, before they return, so decide quickly.''

Smeggedoff
2015-07-10, 02:39 PM
Dryad weighs her options and ability to get home alone.
"Aya! fine" she decides out loud "I suppose you've earned some trust. But it this turns out to be a trick..."

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-10, 03:15 PM
It's not one but I understand your hesitance. Come we rescued some prisoners before we rescued you we should probably head over to them. Wraith take Haze I can carry her. If you are willing of course Flood looks towards Dryad at the last bit forming a platform of ice right near her inviting her to get on.

With that I assume the rest of the group can meet up with our followers back at base then?

Smeggedoff
2015-07-10, 04:39 PM
Dryad eyes the ice warily but nods before extending several vines to wrap around the platform before hoisting her current seat over while disconnecting from the garden at the last moment

Demidos
2015-07-11, 02:11 PM
Wraith look as if he's about to open his mouth, then closes it again, reconsidering. He nods once.

We'll meet you back at base. If you run into trouble, radio us.

He reaches for Haze and the two vanish.

I'm ready to assume we grab the minions in the truck and drive back.

Spacy
2015-07-14, 03:08 AM
As the sound of sirens fills the night air, a group of Ho-oh capes appear off in the distance, teleporting from rooftop to rooftop. They give no indication of having seen either escaping team.

You all can see Meteriamorph dashing into the night, focusing on his injured legs.

Demidos
2015-07-14, 01:48 PM
Wraith waits till he sees the extremely not obvious and totally subtle floating iceberg leave, then turns the van around and heads for the meet-up point.

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-14, 06:14 PM
Assuming they get back to base unassailed and unspotted Flood will form reduce his iceberg fortress to a much smaller hovering chunk of ice and they stand with Dryad, the rescued prisoners.

Okay, so debriefing time. Anything of note about the new group of villains or our original targets. Dryad and you all, will probably be the most important. Flood address the new people with the group. Any plans, goals, capes, or any information that we can use. Because both of those groups probably hate us at this point and we will probably engage them again at some point. Dryad, I am not sure how exactly you heal, you said no doctor but like do you need sunlight to restore yourself or something? Sorry if I am being offensive but just want to make sure.

Smeggedoff
2015-07-14, 07:06 PM
Dryad shrugs and immediately regrets the motion
"Never broken anything before. Pretty sure I'll need these set though"

Demidos
2015-07-15, 01:40 AM
Wraith looks at Flood.

"I know you have some medical training. Can you fix her injuries, or at least stabilize the worst of it? Unless they have some fast way of tracking us down, their abilities can wait for the moment. Do they have anything like that, Dryad, was it?, to the best of your knowledge? We should remain alert in any case, but you can take some moments to rest and heal before we quiz you."

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-15, 04:16 AM
I will see what I can do, I mostly am focused on disease and injuries relating to my own disabilities rather than plants but I should be able to work this out mostly. Get me some tools from the storage and I will check it out now, no really point in waiting.

Medical Roll: [roll0]

Whoops I forgot I gave Flood ACTUAL medical training heh :smalltongue:

Hjolnai
2015-07-15, 05:16 AM
"Right, while you're working on that, Wraith and I need to have a bit of a chat about divvying up the goods. Maybe about where we go next, too."

Smeggedoff
2015-07-15, 08:53 AM
"No clue if they can track me" replies Dryad "They found me twice but I wasn't trying to hide too hard either time"

Demidos
2015-07-16, 11:50 AM
Wraith nods to Haze. "We also need to see about supplies and accomodations for our new assistants."

Will post more in a bit.

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-22, 03:58 AM
Flood heals up Dryad as much as he can and lets her rest and then recover for a bit.

Then Flood turns to the computer and tries to get into any emergency room's databases seeing if anyone showed up recently with wounds which are similar to those we inflicted on the capes we engaged with. Missing seared leg, multiple puncture wounds etc etc.

[roll0]

Spacy
2015-07-28, 01:11 AM
As the van drives around town with no particular destination or haste, a group of six individuals introduce themselves to their new employers.

For the moment I'm going to use the same color for all the minions and just lead with their names. This will change as interactions with them shape up.

Shigeto: *Standing to introduce himself* Hello all. I am Shigeto Saito, former division manager for Ono electronics. We used to contract out to the Sentai tinkers so I have some experience with cape eccentricities. I hope to be of service.

Titir: *Leaping to his feet the moment Shigeto sits* Hey guys! My name is Titir Shen. I used to work as a miner until I got promoted up into the ranks and became one of the new shaft planners. I came to Australia in order to exploit an awesome new gold vein, or so I thought. Can you believe that people would lie like that just to get their hands on a miner? I don't know if I should feel blessed or annoyed! At least now I'm working with actual capes. The Sultanates are cool and all, but they are kinda distant rulers y'a know? Not people you could talk to. Especially not a lowly miner like myself. Anyway I'm glad to help the cape folk for good pay. Assuming there is good pay. I mean I would be fine with a place to live and some food, but money is nice y'a know?

Dwi: *After an almost awkward pause, speaks without standing* Dwi Jung, Taxidermist Musician.

Rei: *Stands with a broad smile* Good evening, and thank you for the rescue. I am Rei Sakamoto and I am a University of Tokyo graduate in Industrial Engineering. In my free time I prefer gardening and caring for the world.

Natsu: *Helps Rei sit back down, then stands on her own* I am Natsu Fujiwara and I'm mostly joining this little group for safety. I don't care much for the perks of crime or heroism and I didn't follow the cape scene, but hey when your boss can rip limbs off with a thought you've got pretty good odds of being left the **** alone. Besides, armored capes does make for some fantastic eye candy. I'm a DJ, so if you all need a rock'n theme song I've got your back. Otherwise I can help with some heavy lifting but that's it.

Rocco: *Stares at Natsu for a minute then chuckles at some unheard joke also speaks without standing* I'm Rocco Pupella, and am a trained mechanic. I also dance but that is probably unimportant. I owe you my life and will stick around until I feel that is repaid or longer as my feelings take me. That is all.

Demidos
2015-07-29, 12:44 PM
Wraith looks at the newcomers, analyzing the motives and appearances of each, and gives a short nod as each speaks and sits down.

Shigeto sounded useful as a manager for their operation, Titir had enthusiasm and a knowledge of mines. Dwi would make a superb spy into the nightclub scene and less savory locales, and Rei could work with Dryad if she chose to join them.

The thought intrigued him. He thought she would. It would keep her safe, and for the most part allow her the freedom to pursue her own goals. Plus, it would serve a good cause, and who didnt want to do just that? His attention returned to the last two.

Natsu and Rocco sounded less enthusiastic than the others, but based on Natsu's muscled fitness and Rocco's stated area of expertise, both would prove useful, and their honesty spoke well for them.

He cleared his throat.

"All of you have been treated harshly, and you have been faced with some of the worst of what humanity has to offer. And yet. And yet I look into each of your eyes, and do I see despair? Do I see failure? No. I see a determination to move on, a firey rage, and a willingness to put your hands to work ensuring that no one else suffers as you have.

The heroes try. Some of them may even occasionally help. But. But their hands are tied by the endless red tape of bureaucracy. We have our freedom, and with it we can eradicate the criminals and scum of this land. I offer to you this."

Wraith tosses a stack of bills to them, totaling about $3000.

"This isn't a payment, nor a bribe. This is an investment, an investment into the future. A future where you work with us to help bring justice to our small corner of the world. I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship."

We received 12,000 in cash for that operation, which I would suggest splitting 3000 to each team member (Haze, Flood, Wraith), and 3000 for general base and minion upkeep. Wraith would be willing to give up an additional 1500 out of his own share to help the minions get settled and get Dryad on board. If you guys don't want the 4 way split, he'll pay the minions from his own share this time.

We also received a machine gun (worth about $2000), which we could sell, along with 7 handguns (worth about $300 each). Wraith doesn't have training in it, and his teleportation means its less useful, and Flood doesn't need it at all, but we could keep the handguns. I think we can probably get rid of the machine gun unless someone wants it for some reason. The only reason I could think to use it is in the case of a large scale confrontation, which all of us (including Dryad) have ways to avoid or eliminate.

If the Black Kaze does indeed have a bounty (I imagine a pretty high one for someone who has personally murderded tens of thousands), that could be good for some more cash so we can firmly establish ourselves, else I vote we hit somewhere else that can get us cash. Wraith has info on several other targets, including a restaurant that is said to be built off the abuse of Endbringer victims, a racist cape clinic that is being used to pass off drugs, or further hits on the group Stalin's Wave (the ones running the human trafficking we just hit).

And obviously I will keep pushing for part time jobs for everyone, enough that they are self sufficient enough that they can support themselves, given that the team is providing housing.

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-29, 01:30 PM
Flood turns, Ah Wraith's doing one of his speeches. Better focus on something else while this is going on. Flood's going to go look up Black Kaze's bounty while Wraith is monologuing.

Once Wraith is done, Flood turns to the group of assorted minions,
I will let Wraith deal with the ins and outs for getting you guys set up with part time jobs or if you guys want to join us full time.

And to Dryad, I would recommend joining us. I can promise you our group is fairly competent as you have seen and you may need more protection against those who were hunting you. I can assure you that none of us have any difficulties or prejudices working with a Case 53. In fact your powers might be fairly well designed for adding fortifications to our base.

Still I think we should go after Black Kaze, it's a good place to get our name out there. Plus we get a lot of good publicity from it.

Smeggedoff
2015-07-30, 06:10 AM
Dryad raises an eyebrow "And what do you know about my powers? You been spying on me or did every villain group in this city just get a dossier on me or what?" she asks in an annoyed tone "You pulled my ass out of the fire sure, I'll repay that, but I'm not making any commitments until I can make sure you guys aren't the kind of people I object to. But on a provisional basis? Yeah, I can provide you a bit of support. And I'd maybe consider making sure this masters group ain't gonna be a problem before deciding to rile up someone like Kaze on the side"

Hjolnai
2015-07-30, 08:52 AM
"Wait just one moment. Black Kaze? What the bloody hell are you lot talking about? Is this group some kind of... suicide pact and I haven't noticed? I was in for a trial run today, but if you lot are planning to go off and get yourselves killed, I'm not sticking around to die with you."

Demidos
2015-07-30, 12:28 PM
Wraith holds up his hands, trying to stop the suddenly spiraling situation, a feeling that is getting all too familiar in the recent days. It wouldn't do to devolve into a squabble now, especially in front of the assorted new minions and most especially with the new recruits.

"The elimination of Black Kaze is a side-project that has been briefly discussed, but it has no pertinent bearing on our current situation just yet. In the case that it is carried out, it will not be considered official team business, and will be on a voluntary basis."

He pauses, knowing that the casual referencing of the takedown of such a notorious villain is sure to cause a bit of a stir, and a lot of wondering of just how powerful he or his teammates are. The important part here was finding a good pitch for Dryad, and keeping Haze settled and happy. Keeping Haze was a very important part of the plan -- his power had synchronized with theirs perfectly, and it would be a great blow to lose him now.

"Now, more relevantly, we have been talking over making a move to expand our operations for some time, and now is that time. Our armored friend here," Wraith turns to nod to Haze "is a new friend, who we offered a place on the team after scouting various of the independents of the city. The goal of our organization is to carry out justice in a way that those bound by the rules and regulations of Ho-Oh or Commandant can't, and to bring more justice than a slap on the wrist to those who manipulate the law to abuse others. We carried out our first partnership with Haze today, accounting for the freeing of these good folk here. I would designate it a success. You, Dryad, were the next candidate on the list that we were considering approaching -- you seem interested in using your power for good, but have not joined any group yet. We would offer you protection and a good cause, if you wish to join, though you do not need to agree straightaway.

In fact, you may feel free to ask any questions you wish. Any of you. Your trust is important and we are still several minutes from our stop, so I would be happy to answer anything you may ask.

Smeggedoff
2015-07-30, 08:23 PM
Dyad nods "Yes, I'm in. For the time being, looks like staying under the radar's not an option anymore" she answers "Provided I'm not asked to do anything suicidal"

Hjolnai
2015-07-31, 03:10 AM
Haze pauses, somewhat mollified.

"Today was fun, and it felt good dealing with those slavers - I'm on board for more a that kinda thing, that level of danger. Sure beats petty thievery for a living, mate. But if ya ask me to take on Black Kaze or the like, just not gunna happen."

"Come to think of it, if Leviathan comes for us I'm gone, too. Not like I can do much except drown."

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-31, 05:07 AM
Flood simply sits in his chair seemingly taken aback by Dryad's strong resistance, Ah sorry, I simply saw the scene at the fight and extrapolated from there, I didn't mean any offense.

I still think you are overestimating her, she has a terribly large body count but thats just because she targets non capes. Frankly a sniper rifle would be enough to kill her and we have far more fire power than that. Still if you don't wish to I can't say I am going to force you on that. Still ya Wraith is the boss so ask any questions. I am going to go try to turn up more info on that circle group or whatever that cape group called themselves

Smeggedoff
2015-07-31, 12:35 PM
Dryad half-shrugs "If it was that easy the army probably would have taken her out by now. But yeah, great. Those circle guys creeped me out. Not to mention thanks to them I'm probably going to have to deal with damp from the aquifer when the weather turns"

She scowls before sighing and picks at the wrapping on her arm a little.

"You guys mind if I scuff up the floor a bit?"

Demidos
2015-07-31, 12:41 PM
"It's good to have you on board Haze." Wraith turns to Dryad and the minions in the truck.

"I'll take you to a spot you can use, Dryad, assuming what you are planning isn't overly destructive. Before that, anyone have any questions about our motives, goals or anything else? If no one has any more concerns, I can see about getting some necessities delivered. There'll be fresh clothing as well as mattresses delivered, though the amount of you that there was is a little unexpected, and so some of you might have to squeeze. If you have any concerns, you can talk to myself or Model, who will be the blonde girl you'll meet once you get inside."

Assuming Model is now being NPC'ed.

Smeggedoff
2015-07-31, 01:03 PM
Dryad nods, looking around for something to use as a temporary crutch before following

Silva Stormrage
2015-08-01, 07:14 PM
Because I never actually rolled anything to get info on the new group, [roll0]

Flood spins around in his chair, So which job do you guys want to go on next. Obviously we should probably lay low for a bit until Dryad recovers, if she wishes to join us. I think we may wish to engage the Reborn group. Cult groups aren't very fond of letting disrespect go unpunished. Plus I couldn't find any of them going to hospitals which means they probably have either their own really good doctor or a parahuman healer or biological tinker who can do prosthetics. If they have either of those I want to capture and convince him to help me. So thats my vote. What do the rest of you want to do?

Spacy
2015-08-01, 10:53 PM
Seeing Dryad's glancing around, Natsu offers her arm as support, while looking for a branch or something to use. Not finding much in the car she offers to carry Dryad Bridal style into bed.

Smeggedoff
2015-08-02, 12:27 PM
Dryad thanks Natsu for the help but firmly draws the line at bridal style
Once being helped to a suitable location as directed by Wraith, she gets as comfortable as possible and begins threading roots into the floor as gently as she could, with the aim to create a complex enough garden that she might be able to grow a crutch and begin experimenting with braces and splints.
And painkillers

Demidos
2015-08-02, 11:45 PM
Wraith leads Dryad to a quiet room, and leaves her with Natsu, assuming that Haze will alert him if either suddenly decides to go crazy and off the other, or something similar. He leads those interested in a tour in a quick sweep of the ancient mansion, trusting that those whose lives were saved would be grateful enough to be loyal to a point where they wouldn't reveal the location (not that any of them were familiar with the area in any case).

"The first order of business will be repairing and clearing the upper floors -- it has been a while since they have had inhabitants. We'll have a shipment of mattresses and clothes in your sizes by tonight, and I've ordered 6 pizzas from a local store. If you don't like your clothes or mattress, you are free to return them to exchange them for different things.

While these are being made habitable, I made a few calls, and those of you who would like to start earning your keep will be able to start at your new jobs this week. Here at the Mansion, we won't ask much of you directly, and the majority of you will spend most of your time as any other civilian might. However, your talents, all of them, will be neccesary sooner or later, and at those times your aid could be vital. Those of you who wish to have a more direct role in our work can talk to me -- we can always use more ears and eyes. Knowing is indeed half the battle."

At the end of the tour, when he finds a free moment, he takes the twins aside. "Goro, Ako --
Firstly, Ako, you mentioned that you were trained in martial arts -- I would like a demonstration, if at all possible. I have plans to train all of our staff in personal combat, for their own protection, and your help would be very appreciated.

That was the first thing -- the second is rather more serious. You two lost your immediate family to the Black Kaze, you said. I apologize for my probing, but were you there when it happened? In Australia, she is often seen as more of a myth than a person, and her powers are said to be many, but at the same time are completely unknown. I think that the team will come around to help us against her, but we need more concrete data on her, her powers, her location, ways to take her off her guard, anything else you can think of. Between the two of you, you have experience with computers, capes, and combat. Bring me a file with hard facts, and I will see what we can do about avenging your family. You have two weeks."

Wraith cash:$3000
-$1800 donations
-$100 pizzas
-$300 books, board games, and cards for the minions to use for the first week, before they get jobs.
-$500 for house building supplies
=$300 left over between this job and the next, enough to cover pizza for several more nights if no one else steps up to the plate :smalltongue:

Initial: $3000 minion fund + $1800 Wraith donation, 11 minions + Dryad
$400 per minion/Dryad
Mattress = $100 via Ikea
Clothes (2 pairs Basic jeans + 3 shirts + 6 pairs of socks/underwear+flip flops) = roughly 160?
Table Lamps = $10
Left per minion = $130

Silva Stormrage
2015-08-13, 11:41 PM
Once the rest of the minions have their tasks assigned to them, Flood turns to the rest of the group, So, info dump time. I just did some quick searching on those Gaia blokes. Turns out their based out in the outback, but they send out strike forces to "recruit" capes. According to what I found they usually give them enough supplies to last for a bit so I would expect a repeat attack on you Dryad. Frankly though we have little leads on them right now and they will probably be out of commission from that last fight for a bit. Lets say we take on the Stalins Wave group? I would rather finish them off than let them roam free and they could mess with us when we are dealing with Gaia.

Spacy
2015-08-15, 02:01 AM
The Twins look at each other for a long moment, considering Wraith's words.

(The two of them are constantly cutting each other off here)
Ako: "Ah er, well. How would you like like the demonstration...
Goro: "Man homework on the first meeting? What is this..."
Ako: "A kata, perhaps or I guess we could spar... Though powers might
Goro: "school? Yeah we saw her kill them, and about 50 other civilians in a flash. If it wasn't for ... "
Ako: " unbalance the fight. and as for Black Kaze I mean we could, though your power details..."
Goro: "Ako's quick thinking with that flashbang and live wire we would have..."
Ako: "Are essen- GORO NOT ANOTHER WORD"

With that the two stop talking, glancing between themselves and Wraith. Ako sighs and shakes her head.
Ako: "Mr. Wraith sir. It has been a long evening and we are all weary. In order to provide an accurate report. I would require some, admittedly top level description of your powers. Good night"

With that the two leave the room

Spacy
2015-08-15, 02:18 AM
This is my attempt to bring Model back. I'm trying to find her voice so some calibration might be necessary . Please forgive the wonky :smallredface:

With a bounce in her step and some leftovers in her hand, Model enters the side of the building to greet the group.
"Hey mates! Whats up with all the new folks and the messed up tree? Did you guys take up some gardening for the pawn shop job tomorrow? Or is that more of a costume for me?"

Smeggedoff
2015-08-15, 07:03 AM
Dryad narrows her eyes at the insult but decides with the way this day's going, some bait's just not worth rising to.

Silva Stormrage
2015-08-15, 03:40 PM
Flood will however, cut Model off, She is named Dryad and is a case 53 that we rescued while engaging with a rogue group who wanted to "recruit" her. I will leave Wraith to explain the nitty gritty details to you. She is staying with us for the time being as there will probably be another attempt, and if you could be so kind as to NOT antagonize a new member that would be great.

Also could I have kept one of Atticus's legs? I wasn't aware that Model was going to be staying around I thought she was going to go recton poof so I didn't bother. But keeping one of Atticus's legs with a shoe would help.

If so add this to the dialogue, Also, I picked you up a gift. I would suggest washing it a couple times even I couldn't get all the blood off of it. With that Flood floats the shoe on a platform of ice and floats it over to Model.

Spacy
2015-08-16, 05:20 PM
Also could I have kept one of Atticus's legs? I wasn't aware that Model was going to be staying around I thought she was going to go recton poof so I didn't bother. But keeping one of Atticus's legs with a shoe would help.

Makes sense to me. Going to accept this one.

Model tentatively grabbed the leg with one hand and forces a smile. "Er, thanks I guess? You do know that there are easier ways to find Cinderella then DNA evidence." Turning her head toward Dryad and giving her a long hard look before nodding to herself and continuing. "Case 53 does make more sense then cashier with a tree fetish, but hey who am I to judge crazy plans. At least I don't have to wear a tree suit"

Demidos
2015-08-16, 05:30 PM
...Facepalm. I forgot she had a -10 to her charisma score. Is it too late to change my vote on keeping her? :smallsigh:

Wraith tilts his head a little at the twins' outburst, but says nothing*.
"Very well. We'll continue our talk tomorrow."

Sense Motive type roll? Not sure how that works, but roll is here:
[roll0]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wraith barely suppresses the groan, and turns to Model. With as powerful an infiltration power as hers, did she have to be so....Model-like?
"They're the new recruits. The pawn shop raid was today, like we told you. If you had been in the Mansion instead of who knows where, then we would have brought you with us. As it is, you missed out on the action. Deal with it. We have another job that will be suited to your talents coming up, but your participation is dependant on you ACTUALLY BEING PRESENT. Now, we need information on this cape's identity and powers. If you would be so kind...?"

He sounds rather annoyed with her...

Spacy
2015-08-16, 08:41 PM
...Facepalm. I forgot she had a -10 to her charisma score. Is it too late to change my vote on keeping her? :smallsigh:

Sense Motive type roll?]

We should probably move Model discussion to the OOC thread.

Sense Motive falls under the Investigation skill with wits

"Can we tone down the hostile? Geez, I had class this morning and thought that the job was tomorrow, er today. You know what I mean. I'm sorry I missed the mission today, it won't happen again." With a sigh grabs the bloody foot/shoe combat and starts stalking towards the back of the house. "Lemme clean this off for a minute first."

Smeggedoff
2015-08-18, 06:19 AM
Dryad shakes her head and gently tests to see if her roots have spread enough for part one of her plan. Growing a frame of saplings around her legs she fills in the space with vines o make a sort of cast with space between her legs and the material.
Then, carefully using smaller vines she begins filling the hollow with soil from below the foundation layer.

When that's complete, she carefully, caaaarefully, attempts to will her roots to spread a garden to THAT soil.

Dryad shakes her head and closes her eyes, seeming to trance.
As she does, greenery begins sprouting around her feet and growing up her legs.