PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Building Akuma from Street Fighter

Yuric the Bold
2015-03-27, 09:29 PM
I am currently playing in a 3.5 edition campaign set in Forgotten Realms. My party is entirely evil and around 13th level.
My current character is quite alive and fun to play; but there have been a few deaths in the party recently so I am planning my next character ahead of time.

I would like as much input as possible.
My DM will not allow psionics or anything from Tome of Battle.

But I would like to try and build a really good representation of Akuma from Street Fighter.
Any suggestions; builds; helpful nudges; blatant "hey jackass look at this" will all be appreciated.

Hellborn_Blight
2015-03-27, 11:48 PM
Start with monk. Take Fiery Fist and Ki Blast as bonus feats (from PHB 2). There are your flaming uppercuts and hadoken's at least. If you go into cleric after that, and then sacred fist for it's full casting full base attack, then the knights move spell does the Ashura Senku (teleport) well. Maybe try to build toward Whirlwind attack for the Tatsumaki Zankukyaku, with snap kick for good measure. Acrobatic Backstab (skill trick) makes a good demon flip. That should at least get you started.

KillingAScarab
2015-03-28, 06:26 AM
16th level of Warlock unlocks dark invocations. Take dark discorporation and find ways to increase the swarm attack damage, flavor it with some light effects for the 15/16 hit sparks or the kanji. Raging Demon (http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Raging_Demon).

Edit: I misremembered dark discorporation as filling the space your swarm occupies with a darkness spell. That's hungry darkness, which is a lesser invocation. That invocation would create the "black out" effect, but wouldn't be as suited to the damage required nor would it have the "invincibility frames." You can stand inside hungry darkness unharmed and it lasts for concentration + 2 rounds, but I think just casting darkness around yourself and finding a different way to do damage would fit better than that.

EastbySoutheast
2015-03-28, 01:45 PM
Monk/Psychic Warrior with the Tashalatora (sp) feat with a couple choice powers would suffice. If Book of Nine Swords is available, Swordsage 20; make sure to use the unarmed variant. You get Desert Wind for fiery fists and blasts. You get Shadow Hand for shadowy teleport such. And you get Tiger Claw and Diamond Mind for an incredible number of attacks at a time.

Though these would work i feel you didn't read the original post
He said no psionics or Tome of Battle (Book of 9 Swords)

For the build though you are probably going to be going for a monk like build at points, possibly have a look at Oriental Adventures at the 'Henshin Monk' despite some of its class abilities being more Goken than Akuma I can see some of them being quite flavour rich.