PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other How would you stat an itty-bitty Ooze that disguises itself as a beverage?

OttoVonBigby
2015-03-28, 06:27 AM
I recently found in my notes an old idea for an Ooze that's small and colorless enough that it can disguise itself as a beverage (or within one), get itself imbibed, maybe hang out halfway down the esophagus for a while, and then feed on the insides of its imbiber. I have this vision of a body being found in an inn with a chestburster-style hole in it, and a sufficiently observant representative of CSI:D&D might notice that the hole wasn't formed from something going in...but something emerging... Cue widespread paranoia.

Seems to me that it might be a pretty simple thing to stat out, but I'm wondering (a) if anybody's already done something like this and (b) what you folks might do, in terms of CR etc. Maybe there's a specific monster ability it should have, above and beyond the regular ooze stuff.

khadgar567
2015-03-28, 06:33 AM
let me paraphrase the idea you want this forum to made tiny colorless ooze for encounter in your camping

Milo v3
2015-03-28, 07:17 AM
I'd use this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/oozes/ooze-amber)for the base.

OttoVonBigby
2015-03-28, 10:52 AM
Beautiful... I didn't even think to check Pathfinder. Thanks Milo!