PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Eberron] Question on warforged Titan.

ShadowfireOmega
2015-03-28, 08:09 PM
I've increased the Warforged Titans HD to 20, giving it 15 BAB. I noticed that the attacks for the base 12 HD is the axe for single attack, and the axe and maul for the full attack. With this wording it makes me believe that the attacks are treated as natural attacks (seeing as how it says axe only for single attack and not axe or maul), and being natural attacks wouldn't give the WfT an extra attack. Would I be correct in assuming this or am I missing something?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-03-29, 01:33 AM
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+26
Full Attack: Axe +16 melee (2d8+9/×3) and maul +11 melee (2d8+9/×3)

If it was a two-hit natural weapon attack routine, both would be at the full bonus, just like a 2 claw attack routine. If the maul was a secondary natural weapon (such as the bite on a claw/claw/bite routine) it would be at a -5 to hit (which it is), and it would only add half the creature's Str bonus to the damage (which it does not).

A character can wield two weapons and make attacks with each of them without taking TWF penalties, as long as he's not using multiple weapons to gain additional attacks. For example, if a character has a +11 BAB, and is holding a shortsword, wearing a spiked gauntlet, and wearing armor spikes, he can make three attacks at +11/+6/+1, using any of those weapons for each attack. None of them would count as 'offhand' attacks because that only applied to additional attacks gained for fighting with two weapons, which he is not doing. Since all of those attacks are part of the primary (main hand) attack routine, they all get the wielder's full Str bonus to damage.

Therefore, the Warforged Titan is entitled to its iterative attacks on a full attack, but it does not choose to gain additional attacks for fighting with two weapons. It lacks the Dex score to qualify for Two-Weapon Fighting, so it would not be worth the drawbacks to try to gain additional attacks this way. At a +15 BAB, it will get three attacks at +15/+10/+5, and each attack could be made with either the axe or the maul, they differ only in damage type.