PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous (Ending Spoilers)

Necromancy
2015-03-28, 11:56 PM
Is anyone else finding Deskari to be seriously underwhelming?

deuxhero
2015-03-29, 02:17 AM
Story or gameplay wise?

If gameplay: What's your group's power level? Paizo's APs are always balanced for a party of PCs with little to no experience and the Mythic rules give casters the ability to pull any spell they want NOW as their first ability.

Necromancy
2015-03-29, 06:33 AM
Group of 4 long time gamers

DM said he quadrupled Deskari's HP and he still went down like a chump

Kol Korran
2015-03-29, 01:57 PM
I'm now running through the AP, and nearly all of the "special" enemies are quite underwhelming. A gamer by the nickname of Scorpion in the Paizo forums made a file of upgraded stats for all special monsters from the Sword of Valor and up. I've used them so far (We're nearing the end of Demon's Heresy), and so far they are proving to be quite useful, and some give the party a run for their money. I remember he did a makeover for Deskari as well. I'd look into it if you plan on running the adventure.

I have a bigger problem with there being nearly no build up for the encounter with Deskari, which feels like "Lets make it more difficult" after they have put all of their powers to the tower, Areelu Vorlesh and the like. The party already won, it feels a bit... misplaced to me, especially since the party already achieved their main goal. Why not run away with plane shift, gear up, and then come back to kill Deskari, like hate party (may have) killed Baphomet? Just out of place battle.

Look for the file, if not, send me an IM and I will send you it (I understand some had trouble finding it recently)