PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Ways to get Track

Khedrac
2015-03-29, 01:16 PM
One of my players is looking at dipping a level to get Track because he's a bit feat-starved and needs it for a prestige class he wants (he's a mongrelman Crusader for what it's worth, and no I don't know which prestige class he is looking it).

Now I could place a custom magic item that grants track for him to find, but I wondered if anyone knows of any items or similar that already grant track without him having to spend a feat or a level?

Twurps
2015-03-29, 01:34 PM
Spear of the hunt: +1 animal bane shortspear; gain Track feat

found here: http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/JHtB/feats.html

edit: Arms & equipment guide

Zaq
2015-03-29, 01:34 PM
The Crown bind of the Hunter's Circlet (Magic of Incarnum) gives you Track, but if you're not already a Totemist (or, gods help you, a Soulborn), that's harder to get than just dipping a level of Ranger or spending a feat.

If an item is good enough, the Mask of the Tiger (MIC pg. 200) will do it for 4,000 gp.

sleepyphoenixx
2015-03-29, 01:35 PM
There's a mask that grants Track in one of the item sets in MIC for 4000gp iirc. Can't remember the name.

Sian
2015-03-29, 01:36 PM
change his race to Laika (from Savage Species Web Enhancement) ... they get Track as a bonus feat :smallcool:

Khedrac
2015-03-30, 06:31 AM
If an item is good enough, the Mask of the Tiger (MIC pg. 200) will do it for 4,000 gp.
Perfect - I will discuss this with the player in questions.

Thank-you everyone for your alternative suggestions, they may prove useful in the longer run.