PDA

View Full Version : Abandon Shear!

ZenBear
2015-03-29, 02:41 PM
I'm throwing this idea out there to those of you who have more experience at crafting dungeons, monsters and campaigns than I (read:none).

I recently bought the game Evolve for PC and I absolutely LOVE it! For those who don't know it, here's a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlaPT08Tmxc&ab_channel=Evolve

Now imagine if you will a translation of the Evacuation game mode into a short 5-session campaign.

Set up 4 players with pregen characters to make the classes along with magic items to simulate class abilities:

Assault: Fighter/Paladin/Barbarian with Personal Shield magic item on 10 round cooldown

Medic: Cleric/Druid/HealerFeatThief with Mass Healing Word wand on 10 round cooldown.

Support: Bard/Wizard/Warlock/Sorcerer with invisibility aura on 10 round cooldown.

Trappers: Ranger/Rogue/Monk with Harpoon Gun or Mobile Arena to lock down the monster with perhaps a 1 or 2 round set up time.

Give each pregen select spells/maneuvers/magic items to match their role. Build the monsters with 3 distinct power levels at 2 CR under, even, and 2 CR above the party at the corresponding stages.

I'll try and put some work in on this idea myself and update this as I can, but I have very little time in the day and zero experience as a DM or crafting monsters/campaigns/etc. Anybody else who might be intrigued, please pitch in!