PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Technology Feat(s)

LordErebus12
2015-03-30, 12:51 AM
I felt like the Technology guide needed more feats. Here's a suggestion of mine.

Discount Cybernetics (Technology Feat):
You have found a shady contact that offers discount cybernetics. However, it is somewhat damaged, timeworn, or otherwise faulty cybernetics.

Prerequisites: Con 15+

Benefit: You may purchase one piece of cybernetics at 50% cost and have it immediately installed in your body. Each day, roll a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2000 gp of cybernetics’ normal cost) to determine if it glitches. If successful, the cybernetics functions normally. If not, you become fatigued for the day. Resting for an hour removes the fatigue caused by the cybernetics.

Special: This feat can be taken multiple times, each time allowing one additional piece of cybernetics to be bought at discount and installed immediately

----

Jack: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?
Riddick: Gotta kill a few people.
Jack: 'Kay, I can do it.
Riddick: Then you got to get sent to a slam, where they tell you you'll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor, and you pay him 20 menthol Kools to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs.
Jack: So you can see who's sneaking up on you in the dark?
Riddick: Exactly.

Ilorin Lorati
2015-03-30, 10:08 AM
The fatigue penalty is basically negligible in a party with casters. They'll just roll at the start of the day like normal, then rest that extra hour while spells are being prepared. Doubly so if they have an ability that reduces sleep time.

Poor use of the Eyeshine quote though, since he was lying to Jack about how he got it.

LordErebus12
2015-03-30, 04:38 PM
The fatigue penalty is basically negligible in a party with casters. They'll just roll at the start of the day like normal, then rest that extra hour while spells are being prepared. Doubly so if they have an ability that reduces sleep time.

Poor use of the Eyeshine quote though, since he was lying to Jack about how he got it.

any ideas?

abh0rs3n
2015-03-30, 05:58 PM
On the harsh end of things, you could make it literally nonfunctional for the day, or maybe 1 hour/2000GP.

You could instead make it not grant bonuses, though still function on a basic level.

On the lighter side of the coin you could just give them a neg or two to rolls based on where the object is located.