PDA

View Full Version : The Fluff Assistance Thread

Tormsskull
2007-04-12, 01:14 PM
After seeing Fax's Homebrew Request Thread (and utilizing it) I thought I'd offer up what I consider to be my talent: writing. So this thread is for anyone who needs help coming up with a piece of fluff for a race, class, deity, specific individual, item, etc.

Basically if you want a background story for your character, a story for an NPC you plan to use, a description of a character, a description of an item, or other such thing, list the details here. For example, you might have just rolled up a human rogue for your new campaign and want a good background story for him. Post that he is a human rogue, his level, any pertinent equipment that you want to have significance in his background, etc.

Myself or someone else will then write up something for you & you can use it in full or in part for your character.

Ok, I hope that makes sense, and I look forward to writing for some requests.

Neko
2007-04-12, 01:20 PM
ah cool. got one of them for ya If you're willing.

Undead Called Soul Shrieker. Basically it looks like a young woman but pale skin and hair floats about her like its blowing in the wind even if there is none. When eyes are opened they're solid black. Mouth like dislocates and opens so its like a foot down like to the sternum and than it starts to scream. Its attacks are mostly based on its screams. Just want a nice desc to put under it in the stats block area

Tormsskull
2007-04-12, 01:39 PM
Undead Called Soul Shrieker.

Here's my take on it:

A pale-skinned young woman stands in front of you, eyes closed, her erratic hair blowing softly in the wind. About the time you realize that there is no breeze, her eyes open to reveal oil-black orbs and her lower jaw drops more than a foot as she begins to emit a scream.

Edit: V: :smallsmile:

Neko
2007-04-12, 01:49 PM
thats like perfect!

Fax Celestis
2007-04-12, 01:59 PM
These cards (http://corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/Levantine_Set) need fluff descriptions and meanings in a tarot spread. I'm stuck on a lot of them. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Tormsskull
2007-04-12, 02:54 PM
These cards (http://corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/Levantine_Set)

VI: Self
Description: This card, like a mirror, depicts the viewer.

VII: Shadow
Description: This card depicts a single candle trying to fight off the encroaching darkness.

VII: Stasis (Are Shadow and stasis supposed to have the same roman numerals?)
Description: (insert abbreviated description of immovable rod from DMG)

IX: Bahamut
Description:

X: Tiamat
Description:

XI: The Lich
Description: This card depicts a shadow-cowled skull with a wide open mouth and two skeletal hands.

XII: The Archon
Description:

XIII: The Inevitable
Description:

XIV: The Chaos Beast
Description: This card depicts a blue mass of twisted shapes and protrusions.

XV: The Phoenix
Description: This card depicts two fiery birds connected in a circle, the top embracing the day and fiery sun while the bottom embraces the night and shadowy moon.

XVI: The Homonculus
Description:

XVII: The Sword
Description: This card depicts an iron blade whose tip points towards the heavens.

XVIII: The Shield
Description: This card depicts a spear & targe bearing soldier with a red plume on a field of interlocked gray diagrams.

I'll look into some of the ones I skipped when I can look at a picture of what they are actually of and get a better idea for the wording of the description. Then I'll try to tackle more of them.

Neko
2007-04-12, 02:56 PM
Well using the fluff you helped with I've finished my monster and posted it

Fax Celestis
2007-04-12, 02:56 PM
I'm having some of the more arty people on the fora put together some images for the cards in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39402).

Neko
2007-04-12, 03:04 PM
I'm having some of the more arty people on the fora put together some images for the cards in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39402).

cool. Looks like a cool idea.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-12, 06:02 PM
Could I have some fluff for the stoakut (link in my sig)?

Umarth
2007-04-12, 06:23 PM
If anyone is interested my homebrew low magic high fantasy world has a lot of places that need fleshing out and fluff describing them.

Some of the stuff includes:

Fluff around
Eastern man culture - very loosely Celtic / German / worshipers of animal spirits.
Selk’nam culture - very loosely based on the Selk'nam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selknam) tribe of Tiera Del Fuego who live in an area of numerous hot springs in the cold southern island.
Fey Elves - Small elves who are able to slip back and forth between the real world and the spirit world. They never die but as they age they have a harder and harder time staying physically in the real world.
Dwarves - Creatures of stone made flesh who are animated by a special gem. When they eventually die, turn back to stone, they reincarnate years later with few memories of their past lives.
Petty-Dwarves - Created by an alchemical means that results in the destruction of one of the gems that powers true dwarves these are mockeries of the true dwarves. In order to fuel their lives they must repeatedly destroy true dwarves.

Lots of Western human cities.
Ect ect ect.

If anyone is interested in tackling any of it let me know and I'll post more of the background so you have a place to start.

Rama_Lei
2007-04-12, 07:02 PM
The Coin
Face-up: Wealth, prosperity, gain, duality
Reversed: Folly, Loss, duality

Death (If I remember, these are actual)
Face-Up: Change, New Beginning
Reversed: Loss

Maldraugedhen
2007-04-12, 07:44 PM
I could use some fluff for the Road. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37230) I've also got some prestige classes I'm working on that I'll send your way when they're closer to 'done'.

Tormsskull
2007-04-12, 09:45 PM
Could I have some fluff for the stoakut (link in my sig)?

You spelled it differently in the name and then in the description you provided. I went with the 'Skoakut' spelling but feel free to change it if you like the other better. Anyhow, here is my take on some fluff:

In ages past, the great monks of the Whisper Wind Mountains lived by the One True Way, a life dedicated to self-mastery, order, and devotion. As they honed their minds, bodies, and spirits to perfection, they reached closer to nirvana.

All of that changed when the monks accepted into their custody a young student by the name of Fang Shu. The student constantly challenged the ways of the monks, bringing disloyalty and dissidence to the group.

A Master Sensei by the name of Lao Domi saw through the charade and into the evil that masqueraded as the student. By the time Lao was able to convince any of the other masters, a great deal of his students and even some of his fellow masters had fled the mountain-top monastery to wreck chaos on the land below them.

As the masters moved to confront the young student possessed of evil, they saw that something had beaten them to it, a Kolyarut. The boy possessed of evil eventually defeated the Kolyarut, but was then set upon by the master senseis. In a second climatic battle, the masters defeated the evil, and purged it from young Fang Shu.

The evil was gone, but the battle had destroyed the boy’s body. His spirit longed for life, and found its way into the disabled inevitable. The transformation of the being was slight, its armor collapsed from its body as well as the blade. The new inevitable, dubbed Skoakut by the masters, did not parley. It immediately began to track down the monks who had fallen to chaos.

Several years later, when the Skoakut was called back to Mechanus for reprogramming, the masters of that plane found the model so efficient that they duplicated it. The original Skoakut is rumored to still be wandering the world in its never-ending quest to punish those who break their personal codes.

And a description:

This creature looks like a red-skinned humanoid made up of mechanical parts, a simple brown monk's outfit covering most of its body. Its eyes, two perfectly-cut emeralds, are hard and emotionless.

FreeRangeOyster
2007-04-13, 02:47 AM
Umarth, those sound pretty interesting, can you post more detail here, or just PM me? Sounds like a lot of your stuff diverges heavily from standard forms, which I like. If you can let me know what you intend to use this for, that might also be useful in directing what kind of fluff and how much I would create.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-13, 03:44 AM
I've a few requests for you. There were a few monster advancements I'd requested of the Vorpal Tribble in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19720) thread and I'd like a few to have nice descriptions. I can't write them as well as I can draw them, and right now I can't draw them...no inspiration... So here I come to you.

Here are the ones I want fluff descriptions for;
Half-Daelkyr Duskblade, aka Weird Al. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2216865&postcount=394)
and
Half-Balor Adult Red Dragon, aka Mighty Max. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2137549&postcount=373)

With descriptions to these, I will be most appreciative.:smallbiggrin:

Tormsskull
2007-04-13, 05:50 AM
Umarth, those sound pretty interesting, can you post more detail here, or just PM me?

I second this. I'd like to assist in writing up some of the race descriptions, perhaps some stories of the races or their famous/infamous persons.

I could use some fluff for the Road. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37230)

I might need some more info for this one. I've read the thread that you linked, but I'm wondering what specifically you are looking for? I could write a short story of one mans journey on the road, or could describe some of the possible forts, caravans, etc. But what is it that you'd like to see described?

Maldraugedhen
2007-04-13, 01:39 PM
Take your pick. One man's journey might work well--mainly I'm just looking for general fluff for it so I can get a better feel for how to handle its description. Entry / exit from The Road would be helpful, but write it how you want to write it.

Tormsskull
2007-04-13, 02:54 PM
Take your pick. One man's journey might work well--mainly I'm just looking for general fluff for it so I can get a better feel for how to handle its description. Entry / exit from The Road would be helpful, but write it how you want to write it.

Hmm, I couldn't think of a really good way of handling this, but an idea did jump into my head. Basically I wanted to write a guide for the plane from the prospective of someone who has traversed it. This is what I came up with:

Traversing the Extraplanar Highway: Nialee Ahmstar’s Guide to Surviving The Road.

Part I: Introduction and Explanation of the Nature of The Road

Welcome to the quintessential guide for anyone attempting to travel through the extraplanar realm known simply as The Road. I am your narrator, Nialee Ahmstar, an archmage and student of the outer planes. I have studied the intricacies of the outer planes for the past two hundred years, learning of the dangers as well as the advantages. This knowledge had given me insight that could prove extremely valuable to anyone else who attempts to utilize The Road.

First, allow me to describe what The Road actually is, as much as anyone can. The Road is a plane in its own right, but it bares the unique honor of being a gateway to every other plane of existence.

What most people refer to as “the road” is the physical structure present in the plane that bears the same name. It looks like a common road one might find on the Prime Plane, being composed of a variety of different materials depending on location. Some parts are made of hard-packed dirt, while others take the form of stone and mud.

The thickness of the composite also changes greatly as travelers journey along it. I personally have witnessed sections of the road that are only a few feet thick and others that must have been close to a quarter of a mile. The width of the road is mostly constant at about 50 feet, though a few rare exceptions do occur.

One very important aspect of The Road to keep in mind is the flow of time. On The Road time moves infinitesimally slow compared to the Prime, resulting in day, week, even month long journey that result in only minutes of ‘real time’. As such travelers will not age while they are in-transit, which has led to some speculative uses of the plane (see Part IV: The Future of The Road). Travelers will continue to hunger and thirst while traveling, however, and all forms of magic seem to work as intended as far as time is concerned.

Part II: Gateways and Side Roads

While the road its self travels in the same constant direction for near eternal, there are several side roads that connect to the main road. Each of these side roads leads to a gateway, which serve as the means to traveling from The Road to whatever plane that gateway is attuned to.

The gateways themselves often lend a hint as to the nature of the plane to which they correspond. As an example, the gateway to the Elemental Plane of Water appears as a vertical pool. The magic of The Road prevents any of the substance of the actual plane from leaking in, so to speak, but does not prevent creatures of those respective planes from entering The Road (see Part III: Dangers of The Road for more on this).

No one has been able to catalogue the exact location of each gateway, as the plane it self seems to shift ever so slightly between a travelers journeys. Some of the more prominent gateways, particularly those to the elemental planes and demi-planes, tend to be a bit more constant in their exact location as opposed to lesser planes.

Some of these side roads are fortified with towers, keeps, and even castles. When The Road was first discovered long ago, and was determined to be a viable way of traveling quickly between two planes, or even between two locations on the same plane, it was flooded with traffic. Rulers of various planes have sought to assert control over The Road (hence the fortifications), but it has led to only minimal success.

As mentioned above, some planes have multiple gateways that lead to The Road. These gateways I have dubbed as Jump Gates, allowing a traveler to ‘jump’ from one spot on their home plane to another in the matter for a few ‘real’ seconds. These are incredibly useful, as can be imagined, but also tend to be the most volatile & chaotic as far as their location & shape.

Part III: Dangers of The Road

The Road can be an incredibly dangerous place, as it has so many potential uses that all seek to dominate its landscape. The most obvious danger is in falling from the road its self. Looking over the edges leads to a black unfathomable darkness, a substance impenetrable by any type of ‘light’ magic. Were one to fall over the side, it is speculated that they would continue to descend at a typical rate common on the Prime Plane until expiration.

Other dangers include fellow travelers, sentinels stationed at waypoints on the road, and bandits. Other travelers can pose a problem if they are inclined to cause violence, and it is recommended to steer clear of such individuals.

Sentinels are commissioned by leaders of some plane to stand guard at specific locations on the road, preventing access to travelers. Most often these sentinels won’t bother travelers unless one attempts to trespass into the plane that the sentinels are guarding.

Bandits are the scourges of The Road, giving it a bad name. They tend to be highly equipped to deal with a variety of individuals from different planes, and often are after money, gems, magic items, or anything else of value. They tend to position themselves in the ‘hot spots’ of the road, usually close to one of the elemental planes.

Part IV: The Future of The Road

As more people take to The Road as a means of cheap, quick, and efficient travel between planes, one has to wonder what will become of The Road? Already we are seeing some of the effects of economization of the plane in the form of toll side roads. When these type of side roads were first proposed it was thought that they wouldn’t be a good investment, and the road could eventually shift as to make the tolling station then pointless.

I suspect it will be only a matter of time before some government or another attempts to claim The Road as their territory, and I would not be surprised at all to see wars of massive scale fought for control of The Road in the not so distant future.

A group of wizards, mostly from the Prime Plane, have banded together and made it their goal to constantly recreate the tolling stations as The Road shifts. Passing through these tolling stations is not cheap, it ranges anywhere from a few thousand gold and upwards into the twenty-five thousand gold range, depending on the route.

Some of my fellow colleagues have speculated that armies could be moved instantaneously around a world if proper gateways could be discovered and maintained. This had lead to many of the governments of the world pumping countless coins into research in the hope that someone will be able to learn the secrets of The Road, and be able to craft their own gateways. In my opinion, this is simply beyond the scope of man or magic, but if it were to happens, all worlds would be dramatically affected.

As I mentioned back in Part I, there is some speculative discussion regarding the use of The Road as a means of warding off death due to natural causes. It would be a lonely and disparate life in the mostly colorless plane, but it would be life nonetheless.

Part V: Tips and Tricks on The Road

As an experienced traveler thru The Road, I highly recommend a permanent device that grants the ability to fly. If a traveler is equipped with such a device they can eliminate the risk of suffering an agonizing death should they happen to fall over the side of the road. In addition, several of the lesser fortifications and toll posts can be completely circumnavigated.

Bring a scroll or other magical item that can create food and water, as you never know how long a journey on The Road might take. Another magical item that grants the bearer the ability to communicate without words (or to understand all languages) can be useful should you run into a fellow traveler.

As I conclude this guide, I wish you luck on your journey, traveler.

-Nialee Ahmstar-

If nothing else maybe this guide will provide you with a template. You could add additional details to any part of the guide to kind of flesh it out a bit more. Maybe make it a bit more personal, but this was the best I could come up with for this project.

Umarth
2007-04-13, 06:31 PM
Free Range Oyster and Tormsskull thanks for the offers of help.

I posted a bunch of my stuff on this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2391473#post2391473) so I wouldn't flood this one with to much.

Anything you'd like to add would be appreciated. I've got quite a bit but their is just so much more that needs to be done.

FreeRangeOyster
2007-04-19, 12:55 AM
Umarth - thanks for more info. Sorry my response has been so delayed, RL is a little crazy right now. I should have something for you in about a week. Three term papers are screaming my name, or it would be sooner.
Fax, I'm intrigued. Did you want some crunchy stuff, like the uses and spells, or strictly fluff? I may be able to squeeze some time in on yours, but I probably won't post it until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Umarth
2007-04-19, 10:11 AM
Take your time Free Range Oyster. I'm just greatfull for the help.

If you let me know what part your intrested in I'll PM you any extra stuff I have on that area.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-19, 11:24 AM
Umarth - thanks for more info. Sorry my response has been so delayed, RL is a little crazy right now. I should have something for you in about a week. Three term papers are screaming my name, or it would be sooner.
Fax, I'm intrigued. Did you want some crunchy stuff, like the uses and spells, or strictly fluff? I may be able to squeeze some time in on yours, but I probably won't post it until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Either-or.

Generic PC
2007-04-22, 10:16 PM
How bout a Backstory For a Half Fey Elf Wizard? make sure to add a love for books and magic of all kinds(trying to qualify for Loremaster/ Archmagi). Physical Description is Female... Dark Green Eyes that seem to have power behind them, Silvery hair, light Tan skin. No prominent Items, nor do i have a name yet... as i want an Appropriate one. If Alignment would affect it much then CG or TN.

EvilElitest
2007-04-23, 10:13 PM
Love the idea, i'll come back tommorow
from,
EE

Tormsskull
2007-05-01, 07:34 AM
How bout a Backstory For a Half Fey Elf Wizard?

Ok, I have some more time now, hopefully you still need this or at least can find some use for it. For a name I went with Seanna (http://paganwiccan.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=paganwiccan&cdn=religion&tm=8&gps=41_601_1020_622&f=00&tt=2&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.babynamenetwork.com/origin.cfm%3Forigin%3DCeltic) It seemed appropriate.

"The ground shook, the trees swayed in the wind, creaking and groaning from the strain, and the rivers and lakes surged to their brims. Then, in only an instant, everything calmed, and I looked down upon you in my arms. My sweet, beautiful child."

Seanna Predante had heard the story of her birth numerous times as the years of her childhood went by, her mother recitied the tale with passion and vigor each time. But this time was special, for it would be a long time before she was to see her mother again, a long time before she would see anyone she grew up with.

With a tear bubbling on the corner of her eye, she embraced her mother, grasping her tight, and then pulled back just a hands-breadth.

"It will be ok, mother. I'll make sure to send word back to you as often as possible." Her mother simply nodded, a sad look upon her face.

The path out of the village community of Tillage stretched out before Seanna. She finally wiped away the remainder of her tears, and wallked out of the village and towards uncertainty.

Tillage had been her home for as long as she could remember, her parents having chosen this corner of the world because it was peaceful and away from danger. They had been right, and the family had been perfectly happy until the summons came.

Seanna's father Trilophus, a Twlight Elf, which are truly more faerie than elf, had been a loyal servant of the Faerie Queen before he had met her mother. In an event that rivaled even the epic tales of romantic knights saving poor damsels in distress, the two had fallen in love and wanted nothing more than to spend time with one another.

Trilophus received the summons from the queen, and felt obligated to return, his loyalty still strong. He explained as such to Seanna's mother Lorelai, and both tried to explain it to Seanna, but she was too young to truly understand. He departed Tillage then, never to be heard from or seen again.

It was very difficult on Lorelai, as she had found her lifemate, but it was even harder on Seanna as her father was the world to her. Whenever she thought about it she began to cry, so she aimed to keep herself constantly busy so as to not have to think on it.

She threw herself into a book her mother had, devouring the pages. Then she sought out other books, borrowing some from friends and convincing her mother to buy others that the rare trader brought in. After she had finished reading everything available, she read them again, and then again.

She looked up now, shaking the memories from her head. After only a days travel Seanna came to the human town that Tillage traded with on occassion. As she walked the streets she drew several stares, though non of an unkind nature, for the curious humans were marveled by her silvery hair and vibrant emerald-green eyes.

One of the human children, a young girl, even approached her and asked if she could touch her hair. Seanna smiled and guided the little girl's hand to her hair, at which point the little girl squeeled in excitement, thanked her, and then ran off.

Deciding to spend another day in the town, Seanna went to the outskirts at night to find a moss bed to sleep on. When she awoke, a human boy of no more then 10 stood in front of her. He smiled when she laid her eyes upon him, and then he spoke.

"Greetings Seanna."

His voice sounded more like an old man's than a child's, and his eyes displayed knowledge of ages past.

"What.....what do you want with me?"

The smile on the child's face never faltered. "I've come to tell you about your father. Now that you've set out on your own, I must fufill my obligation to him and teach you what I know."

Seanna was completely shocked, but eventually followed the young lad when he motioned for her to. They walked for just a moment, but when she turned back to see the city it was a speck on the horizon. They evetually came to a massive forest that rivaled the size of the forest just outside of Tillage.

"And we are home. Take my hand."

She did as he bid, and the two of them floated into the sky, landing on an insubstantial floor amid the trees.

"This is where I reside, and where you will too. This invisible surface stretches 100 yards in every direction, so there is plenty of room. No one below or above can see us, and none can hear us either."

Fear shot through Seanna, and she wondered what the mysterious child was up to.

"Worry not, my dear. I hope you will come to think of this place as home. It has everything you might need, and more. You will learn so much."

"You spoke of my father? What do you know of him?"

"Trilophus? Yes, a loyal and dedicated soul. I will tell you all I know of him, but first you must agree to be my apprentice."

And so she had. The days crept by slowly at first, as she became aquainted with her new enviroment, but then they faded into weeks, months, even years. The child never seemed to age, in fact he seemed to get even younger, never mentioned his name, and shared only minute details of her father, things she thought she had heard before but could never be certain.

It had been nearly three years since she agreed to be his apprentice, and she started to become anxious to leave. Having trained with the child in the wizardly ways, she was ready to get out and put her new-found knowledge to the test.

Then he appeared out of thin air, as he sometimes did, not really surprising Seanna, and spoke.

"You are indeed ready to depart here. I wish you the best of luck."

She fell, but not fast, very slow in fact, until she came to rest upon the soft ground. Looking around she found herself just outside of Tillage, wondering why the child had chosen to leave her there. With even more questions since his training she decided to see how her mother had faired the past three years.

As she entered the village she noticed nothing had really changed, everything seemed the same, and she was comforted by it. Friends she had known for years smiled at her and gave her casual waves. She walked to her house, quietly opening the door to surprise her mother.

Inside the home her mother was staring at a small rock on a shelf, a rock that Seanna had found in the forest when she was very young.

"Hello mother! How are you?"

Lorelai Predante turned around, her face filled with surprise.

"I'm so glad to see you...but, are you ok? I didn't expect you back so soon."

The two women embraced, but the her mother's comment waved heavily on her.

"I thought you were going to be terribly upset that I hadn't written in all this time."

"All this time? My dear, you've only been gone two days."

Plot lines for this story:

1. Figure out what's going on with Seanna's father.

My suggestion:

>> The Faerie Queen called Trilophus back because he was an asset to the kingdom. Knowing he would never agree to stay by the Queen's side as long as his family was in the picture, she used her enchantments to wipe his memory of Lorelai and his daughter. He now serves faithfully to the queen.

2. Discover who the child wizard was, what his purpose for training Seanna was, etc.

My suggestion

>> The child wizard was actually a great archmage until he stumbled upon a cast-away plane of a deity where time runs in reverse. He has become addicited to the plane, but is also dreadfully bored there. He will continue to get younger and younger unless he can break himself of the addiction. He trained Seanna in order to pass the time, but she will probably think there is some grand-standing purpose to it. He learned of her distree over her father with a simple detect thoughts spell.

3. Learn more about Twilight elves, Seanna is 1/2.

My suggestion

>> I always liked the idea of Deep elves, or nearly-fairly like elves. They are much different than the humanized version of elves in the PHB. I'm envisoning them sort of like Night Elves from WoW, but not with the goofy long ears and no facial or body hair. They can become nearly translucent in any poor light conditions (shadows, mist, etc), are very pacifistic, and are very apt at hiding.

Feel free to use some or all of this, adapting it to your character as you like.

Reptilius
2007-05-11, 02:07 PM
I need fluff for some of my villains. The Twelve are a group of powerful elite warriors in the employ of the main villain, who thinks he is the son of a powerful demon prince called Mu-Tahn Laa. The original Twelve were in fact servants of said prince and the current Twelve bear similarities to the original through their titles. They are as follows

1.Mornia, the Queen of Gore-Female Half-elf Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker
2.Torzok, the Fanged Prince-Male Half-Orc Druid (specializing in Wild Shape)
3.Charissa SeLangstra, the Spark of Genius-Female Human Rogue (mad genius [think evil Q])
4.Hishrak, the Tangled Shadow-Male Aranea Rogue/Assassin
5.Sventgixustrat, the Erupting Hatred- Male Red Dragon Barbarian
6.Morxulzhat, the Weaver of Nightmare-Illithid Wizard
7.Midnight, the Gemini Mage-Female Human/Black Dragon Warlock/Sorceror
8.Ebony, the Gemini Blade-Female Human/Black Dragon Fighter
9.the Maestro-Doppelganger Bard
10.Zeraan, the Masked Reaver-Male Human Rogue/Twisted Lord(a rogue PrC that deforms themselves and gives them fear powers)
11.Grell, the Funeral Pyre-Male Orc Cleric of Bane (Turned into giant, undead fire elemental)
12.Vintra Marktunsel, the Temptress's Envoy-Female Halfling Bard/Thrall of Malcanthet (Queen of Succubi)

Certainly a daunting task, isn't it?

Ivius
2007-05-11, 04:46 PM
I'd like some fluff help for a Half-Dragon sorcerer I plan to use as a BBEG. I'm working on a hopelessly cliched destroy the world story, and like the motivation of him being born in a xenophobic town that was deathly afraid of him. I just need a little more to fall back on.

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-11, 06:37 PM
Wow, you're doing some great work here.

If you have time, I could use a backstory for a stereotypical elven druid who lives on the edge of town and spends much of his time in the forest.

Edit: Wow, awesome. I shall most likely return soon, with the most bizarre villain ever. Again, many thanks.

Tormsskull
2007-05-12, 09:31 AM
I'd need more information to do detailed fluff for these.

Mornia relaxed her grip upon the great axe that she held, her breathing slowed, returning to a calm rhythm. She blinked her eyes, trying to become aware of her surroundings, but her vision was blocked by a sticky liquid that clung to her face.

Freeing herself from the rage, she wiped a grimy hand across her face, dislodging the blood there and sending it to the ground where it landed with a sickly plop. Her eyes opened now, taking in the scene. She stood in the center of a grotesque battlefield, all about her the corpses of her enemies and some of her friends.

Blood clung to everything, her leather armor, her greataxe, but mostly in the gaping wounds of those at her feet. Those whom she had defeated. She cracked her neck, angling it one way, and then another, before she heard the pained whimper.

"My liege... Help...me."

Turning about, she saw the man strewn on the ground, attempting to cover his split open stomach with his empty hands.

"Help...me."

She stepped closer to him, slowly approaching.

"You fought well. And now you'll die well."

The great axe went vertical, and came crashing down, separating the man's head from his torso and ending his pathetic pleas for help. She couldn't be sure if she was the one who had caused his initial injury or not, when caught up in the blood rage everyone appeared to be an enemy.

But no matter, her warriors knew of her battle lust. When they entered battle they knew what they were getting themselves into. And they offered to fight by her side, gladly dieing just for the honor.

Turning back towards the heaps of corpses, she shouted out.

"I am Mornia, the Queen of Gore! All who stand opposed to me shall fall."

But there was no one left alive to hear her battle cry.

Are you looking for something like that, or more just facts? Like grew up in such and such, likes/dislikes, etc? Let me know and then I'll try to tackle more of them.

I'd like some fluff help for a Half-Dragon sorcerer I plan to use as a BBEG. I'm working on a hopelessly cliched destroy the world story, and like the motivation of him being born in a xenophobic town that was deathly afraid of him. I just need a little more to fall back on.

K, since you didn't specify I made him 1/2 Red dragon.

The pebbles underfoot crackled loudly as his heavy leather boots weighed down upon them. Houses lined the small path on either side, just as he remembered it, though there were more now than before. His eyes came to rest upon the town well, and the kids standing around it whispering to one another. He imagined what they were saying.

"I hate him. He's hideous. I think the stork accidently brought a devil baby."

"hehe. Yeah, or maybe his mom dropped him in boiling water one to many times."

"Or not enough times. Should have just put that wretched child to death as soon as he was born."

He blinked his eyes, staring at the kids once again. He walked up closer to them, putting on his practiced smile.

"Greetings young ones. I used to live here when I was younger, and I came back to look for an old friend. Does Ms. Davian still live here?"

The kids, two boys and three girls, looked barely glanced at him. Of course, without the illusion spell that made him appear to be a middle-aged human, they'd have probably treated him more like his imagination. More like his memory.

"Yeah, she lives over there." One of the boys said as he pointed with his finger.

"Thank you."

He walked off, a knowing smile on his face. When he looked to the house he was directed to, another memory flashed before him.

"I swear, you're going to be the death of this entire town. Why do you keep doing these horrible things? You're a very bad boy! I'm taking this from you. When you're good you can have it back."

Ms. Davian bent down and grabbed the tiny wooden horse figurine he had found discarded around the inn. She reached up and set it on the mantle, far out of the reach of an eight year old.

The memory faded, bringing him back to the present. He knocked upon the door, and awaited an answer. When it opened a woman's face popped into view, a slight smile with it. It wasn't Ms. Davian.

"Yes?"

As their eyes met, he searched for any sign of compassion, any kind of remorse. Finding none inside himself, he lashed out with his magic, igniting her clothing with a snap of his fingers. As she began to scream he pushed her further into the house, watching her writhe in pain the entire time.

He stretched his hand out and more flames jumped forward, silencing the woman's screams and sending her to the ground. His eyes fluttered to the mantle, but it held only a vase. A repeating thud echoed out as an older woman jogged down the stairs at a surprisingly fast rate. When she saw the burning corpse she let out a yell, turning to stare at him, in shock.

He walked casually towards her, almost uninterested. When he stood right in front of her he bent down, his face level with hers. He dispelled the illusion covering him, revealing his true face to her. If it was possible, she became even more frightened. After a moment of silence, she walked over to the vase on the mantle, and extracted the tiny wooden horse from inside.

She walked back toward him, and held it out, her hand shaking terribly. He took the toy from her carefully, examined it for a moment, and then nodded. He pulled a red gem from his pouch and set it in her palm, closing her fingers around it. He then turned and strode outside without a word. The woman's sobs rang from behind him as he stepped off the porch, but they were quickly replaced by the sound of the house exploding in flames.

As other townsfolk rushed forward to try to help, he slowly walked towards the outskirts. Taking one last look at the wooden figurine, he tossed it over his shoulder and continued on his way.

Wow, you're doing some great work here.

If you have time, I could use a backstory for a stereotypical elven druid who lives on the edge of town and spends much of his time in the forest.

"Dad! Dad! Look at me, look at me dad! Watch! DAD!"

Fhileraine tore his eyes way from his beloved wife to look at his daughter. Once she knew she had his attention she tried to do a handstand, but fell in the process.

"That was great sweetheart. Keep practicing and you'll be able to do it."

Elana, Fhileraine's wife, kissed him on the side of the face, gently stroking his dark hair.

"Everytime we get to spend these days together it makes me sad, because I know you're going to have to leave soon and we won't be able to see you for another month or so. Why can't it be like this all the time?"

He turned to face her, his demanor solid.

"Its hard on all of us my dear, but I told you, being a druid is very important to our people. Who will watch over the careful balance of nature here if I fudge on my responsibilities? Any day now I will finish my studying with Geral Greenstone and then I'll come back to spend lots of days with you and Ilyssa. Then I will be a full-fldged druid and member of the circle. Please just be patient.

Fhileraine and his family enjoyed the rest of the day, only leaving the clearing when night began to fall. They retired to their home to sleep safe and snug through the night.

When the morning sun rose Fhileraine snuck out early, trying not to wake his wife and daughter, before setting off to Gerbal's house. The day-long journey seemed to last forever, and he was already starting to miss his family.

When he arrived Gerbal welcomed him back and his training resumed. Just as he expected, only a week into the training Gerbal inducted him into the druid circle, introduced him to the other members in a minor celebration, and sent him on his way.

Fhileraine ran most of the way home, excited to be able to see Elana and Ilyssa. As he neared the elf village he immediately knew something was wrong. The sentries that normal kept watch in the various camoflauged watch towers were no where to be seen, and the scent of smoke was in the air.

He rushed forward, small branches and bramble buffeting him about the body as he pressed forward. The elf village came into view suddenly, the homes and trees scarred by flames. Many elves lie dead upon the ground, their faces frozen in masks of agony.

Sorrow and despair ran threw Fhileraine's veins, and he rushed towards his home. The door to the house was ripped off of the hinges, and large chunks of wood stood splintered from the work of axes. Elana and Ilyssa were nowhere to be seen.

Fhileraine collapsed to his knees, burying his face into his hands.

"They aren't dead."

The voice came from behind him, so soft and quiet that he nearly missed it. Turning around he took in the vision of a lovely elvish woman, her skin a dark brown.

"Where are they?"

The woman shook her head.

"I don't know, they were taken too far from my tree. All I can tell you is that the barbarians took them north, back towards the wild lands."

"I will save them. I'll get them now!"

Fhileraine jumped to his feet.

"No. You cannot. They are too many, you aren't powerful enough. You would simply be wasting your life."

"What? I have to try. I can't simply let them remain prisoners. Who knows what could happen to them."

"The barbarians do this every year. They come down from the north, raiding villages and towns and taking back women and children with them. But this year is different. Every woman and child taken this year is not to be tainted. Each and every one wil be presented to the new barbarian king on Reaver's Day. From them he will pick another wife and a cadre of slaves. Until then, your wife and daughter will be treated amicably."

"I don't care. I must help them."

"And you will help them. You will help them by learning more, by making some friends, and by becoming more powerful. Only then will you have any chance of rescuing your wife and daughter from the clutches of the barbarians."

"I can't wait that long."

Fhileraine tried to run past her, but his mind was suddenly assaulted by the presence of magic.

"I'm sorry young one. You are too valuable to lose. I cannot allow you to throw your life away."

"What are you doing to me!?"

"I've placed a spell upon you, you will be feeling very sleepy. When you awake you will remember nothing of what has transpired here. You will only know that you must learn more and become more powerful before you can undertake a life-long task. Then, when you have attained enough power to have a decent chance of surviving an encounter with the barbarians, the magic will fade and you will remember everything."

Fhileraine collapsed to one knee, trying to fight the sleep.

"Reaver's day comes in 6 months. You have that much time to prepare yourself for this confrontation. Now sleep."

When Fhileraine awoke he found himself on the outskirts of a town, a small campire burning close by. Though he couldn't remember how he had gotten there, he remembered exactly why he came. Learn more, make some friends, become more powerful, and then... He would figure out what to do when the time came.

Reptilius
2007-05-12, 05:06 PM
I'd need more information to do detailed fluff for these.

Mornia relaxed her grip upon the great axe that she held, her breathing slowed, returning to a calm rhythm. She blinked her eyes, trying to become aware of her surroundings, but her vision was blocked by a sticky liquid that clung to her face.

Freeing herself from the rage, she wiped a grimy hand across her face, dislodging the blood there and sending it to the ground where it landed with a sickly plop. Her eyes opened now, taking in the scene. She stood in the center of a grotesque battlefield, all about her the corpses of her enemies and some of her friends.

Blood clung to everything, her leather armor, her greataxe, but mostly in the gaping wounds of those at her feet. Those whom she had defeated. She cracked her neck, angling it one way, and then another, before she heard the pained whimper.

"My liege... Help...me."

Turning about, she saw the man strewn on the ground, attempting to cover his split open stomach with his empty hands.

"Help...me."

She stepped closer to him, slowly approaching.

"You fought well. And now you'll die well."

The great axe went vertical, and came crashing down, separating the man's head from his torso and ending his pathetic pleas for help. She couldn't be sure if she was the one who had caused his initial injury or not, when caught up in the blood rage everyone appeared to be an enemy.

But no matter, her warriors knew of her battle lust. When they entered battle they knew what they were getting themselves into. And they offered to fight by her side, gladly dieing just for the honor.

Turning back towards the heaps of corpses, she shouted out.

"I am Mornia, the Queen of Gore! All who stand opposed to me shall fall."

But there was no one left alive to hear her battle cry.

Are you looking for something like that, or more just facts? Like grew up in such and such, likes/dislikes, etc? Let me know and then I'll try to tackle more of them.

Wow, that's good. But I DID forget to mention something about her. She's totally insane. All the others are fairly self-obvious.

Edit: Hmm... On second thought, three others have some details as well:
1.Torzok isn't really a prince, it's just a title.
2.Zeraan left a cabal that the PCs may or may not join. The train twisted Lords as powerful warriors.
3.Vintra is the guildmistress of a large trade organization (the Chicane Guild).
Maybe work in why they became connected to the demon prince? I just don't want to make things too much trouble.

Ivius
2007-05-15, 03:53 PM
Wow... That was awesome. The only word that could possibly describe that is ninja-tastic, and even that falls a little short.

Marek
2007-05-15, 11:07 PM
Could I request some description for a creature I'm going to try submitting to Vorpal Tribble's contest? I have most everything ready, just need some fluff. The monster itself actually looks like a large insect (about the size of a sparrow) with various parts I took from other creatures, such as dragonfly wings, ant head, a bee's stinger (though it doesn't die from using it). It latches onto the back of the head and can drain intelligence, so anything it's attached to would be acting very stupidly. I got the idea while browsing M:tG cards at the wizards site (Wirewood Symbiote (http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/Wirewood_Symbiote.jpg), to be exact), so it would look similar (except for the wings and stinger).