PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder. Help me finish rounding out this build?

metabolicjosh
2015-03-30, 03:10 AM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=141489

So the way I envision the character is a human who shoots a bunch of times at everything that moves. He's an ass and kinda in the grey morally. I'd like to have a constant amount of damage for all my shots. Sneak attacking as much as possible too.

Guns are everywhere and considered simple weapons. I'd love feedback.

DrMartin
2015-03-30, 03:04 PM
I don't think you qualify for Improved Snap Shot (requires BAB +9) - I'd swap that for Deadly Aim. You also don't qualify for (basic) Snap Shot before 9th level so you'd have to re-arrange the order in which you get your feats.

I'd consider if snap shot is worth it in comparison to say dodge + mobility + shot on the run (instead of weapon focus + snap shot + combat reflexes). I guess that depends on what kind of combat situations you are expecting...

Why a strength of 14? I'd put that into Intelligence and grab a few more skills. Also, as a Human you can invest 6 of your favored class options for an extra rogue talent. Anything else to go on with about the character, except guns and rogue (check the spelling of the class on the char sheet by the way :D) ? Also, is 3rd party material (psionics, path of war...) allowed?

metabolicjosh
2015-03-31, 12:22 PM
Woops. That was supposed to be normal snap-shot.
I'll put that into INT!
Also, can you explain what the benefits are of the other build.
Any other things?

metabolicjosh
2015-03-31, 11:50 PM
So the way I envision the character is a human who shoots a bunch of times at everything that moves.

He should be able to sneak attack on a lot of his attacks to, if possible.

DrMartin
2015-04-01, 12:36 PM
I don't know of many ways to get reliable sneak attack damage in pathfinder...one way would be investing in intimidate skill and getting the feats Dazzling Display, Gory Finish and Shatter Defenses (and eventually Disheartening Display). Only works against foes not immune to fear, so a bit campaign-dependent.

Another way is getting the Scout archetype and keep moving. You get to do one attack per round as a sneak attack, as long as you have moved at least 10 feet. If you choose for this then i'd consider taking dodge + mobility + shot on the run to give you some flexibility, since you'll be moving around a lot.
(There's also the Sniper archetype that is compatible with scout, as the two trade different class features, but you have to decide if you feel like giving away trapfinding for a skill that RAW can be used for only bows and crossbows, the 7th level ability is nice and works fine with guns just as written tough)

(just a note: playing as a Ninja instead gives you Vanishing Trick, and invisibility is a quick path to denying your opponent their dex bonus.)

But as a whole shooting everything for big damage is not really where the rogue shines - if that is what you are after you are maybe better off playing a gunslinger with a roguish vibe (read the Mysterious Stranger archetype and try not to think of Hansolo :D)

If what you want is reliable damage and don't want to play a gunslinger, and psionics are on the table, then you can consider playing a Cryptic with the Grammaton archetype. RAW you don't need to have psionic focus to use disrupt pattern (you just choose the creature type you want to disrupt when you gain focus) so it's compatible with Greater Psionic shot, at your level you'd be attacking once per round for 8d6 + int + whatever your guns does.

If Path of War is available you can take Martial Study I [Stance of Piercing rays] for an extra 1d6 damage on all your ranged attacks..this applies to all of the above.

And if you stick to the Rogue, then definitely take the rogue talent Grit for some extra tricks with guns.