PDA

View Full Version : Question of Fused Beings

Kyoshiro
2015-03-30, 05:04 AM
Hey, people! I'm playing a very high intelligence character, (for his level) that should be able to figure something out. However, I'm too thick-headed to accomadate the character's wealth of knowledge. (Lots of skill investment in several knowledges.) Anyway, our group has stumbled upon an NPC in peril. A divination revealed from the DM that there is a method to save the NPC, but I don't know what that could be. Currently, the NPC, Val... Has been fused into the body of some being that seems to be made mostly of light. My character has mindsight, and can detect the presence of both Val and the thing she's fused with. Outwardly, Val is in a catatonic state and doesn't respond to telepathy or verbal speech. The thing she's been fused with is just randomly targeting PC's with temp hp and trying to make us explode with it. (Evil, DM. So evil....) My character is an STP Erudite, so we've got a lot of options to work with. Well, up to 11th level. Are there any spells or unique items that anyone knows of that could restore Val to her proper form? Any help or ideas are much appreciated! The group is stumped!

Crake
2015-03-30, 05:30 AM
Hey, people! I'm playing a very high intelligence character, (for his level) that should be able to figure something out. However, I'm too thick-headed to accomadate the character's wealth of knowledge. (Lots of skill investment in several knowledges.) Anyway, our group has stumbled upon an NPC in peril. A divination revealed from the DM that there is a method to save the NPC, but I don't know what that could be. Currently, the NPC, Val... Has been fused into the body of some being that seems to be made mostly of light. My character has mindsight, and can detect the presence of both Val and the thing she's fused with. Outwardly, Val is in a catatonic state and doesn't respond to telepathy or verbal speech. The thing she's been fused with is just randomly targeting PC's with temp hp and trying to make us explode with it. (Evil, DM. So evil....) My character is an STP Erudite, so we've got a lot of options to work with. Well, up to 11th level. Are there any spells or unique items that anyone knows of that could restore Val to her proper form? Any help or ideas are much appreciated! The group is stumped!

While by RAW not the case, this doesn't sound like very much of a RAW case anyway, the fission power is supposed to separate a single being into two beings. I've always personally been of the mindset that it should also dispel any fusion power in effect (rather that it just not working)

Edit: Point is, as your DM whether this is the answer he was hinting at

Psyren
2015-03-30, 05:41 AM
Are you on the positive energy plane? By RAW, that's the only place you can explode from temp HP, they normally aren't harmful anywhere else.

It sounds like your GM is throwing a homebrew challenge at you, in which case you will need to follow his plot to find the solution - the rulebooks won't really help you against something he/she just made up.`