PDA

View Full Version : Review of a Aasimar Skald/Evangelist

Dysjong
2015-03-30, 06:15 AM
Greetings fellows of the giagantic playgrounds!

Been working on a skald these couple of days, as i prepare to join a pathfinder group monday next week.

setting for the group: the players are children to a kingdom, which has been taken by one of their elder brothers. They have been accused of murder against their beloved father, after he was suffering from illness for a long time. The mother is long gone and past. They now seek start a rebellion for the right of throne. The group is made by a paladin of Iomedae, a cleric of Sarenae and a hedge witch. I am to join their group and the GM will in due time, tell me more what i need to know. The campaign is asian themed.

We rolled for our stats and even our GM allowed us the luxury of making unlimited rows if so desire, thus ensuring the players some very powerful stats (just like baldur's gate).

Level 3 skald (Fated champion)/Evangelist 5, Aasimar, Female, Deity: Shelyn. Favored class: Skald/skill points

Str: 18
Dex:13
Con:17
Int: 14
Wis:14
Cha:20

Stat incresse: 4th lvl str, 8th lvl cha

Racial traits:
+2 wis, +2 cha
Skilled: +2 diplomacy, +2 perception
Daylight 1/day
Halo at will, replaces darkvision.

Feats:

Lvl 1: Skill focus: Sing
Lvl 3: Deific Obedience
Lvl 5: Power attack
Lvl 7: Skalds vigor

Class features

Lvl 1, Skald 1: Bardic knowledge (+3, round down from 3,5), Cantrips, Raging song, Inspired Rage +1 (+2str, +2con, +2will, -1 ac), Scribe scroll.
Lvl 2, Skald 2: Versatile Performance (Sing), Watcher of the weave (+3 to ini)
Lvl 3, Skald 3: Rage power (Superstition), Song of marching
Lvl 4, Evangelist 1: Obedience, Skilled: Perform dance and stealth.
Lvl 5, Evangelist 2: Aligned Class: Skald, Protective grace +1 (+1 dodge ac), Inspired +2 (+2 to will), uncanny dodge.
Lvl 6, Evangelist 3: Divine boon (Major image 1/day), Far seer 1/day.
Lvl 7, Evangelist 4: Gift of tongues, Rage power (Celestial totem, lesser), Song of strength.
Lvl 8, Evangelist 5: Multitude of talents, Lore master 1/day, Versatile performance (Dance)

Traits:

Rich parents (Social)
Self-sacrifice (Religion)
Magical knack, Skald (Magic)
Armor expert (Combat)
Artistic Dilletante (Race)

Drawbacks:

Doubt
Foul-branded (right hand)
Umbral unmasking (no shadow)

Skills:

Appraise: 8 ranks
Craft (painting): 4 ranks
Knowledge Nobility: 8 ranks
Knowledge Religion: 8 ranks
All other knowledges: 1 ranks
Perception: 8 ranks
Perform (Sing): 8 ranks
Perform (Dance): 7 ranks
Spellcraft: 3 ranks

Im stil working on which spells and masterpieces i should pick up with this skald but overall, i like this one. It can support and stil be able to stand on it's own ground, plus the fluff is stil intact. I picture her wielding most of the time a nodachi but can also use sword and shield if needed.

Future feats:

Persuasive performer
Greater skald vigor
Discordant voice
Harmonic spell
Spell song

Don't know about the last one but plenty of time to find out.