PDA

View Full Version : 2,000,000GP: Pimp my Warforged Fighter

EastbySoutheast
2015-03-30, 07:22 AM
So similar to one of my earlier posts in which I was given 2,000,000gp to fully equip my wizard with everything he could ever need.
This time its for another character in the party, A war forged fighter/barbarian using a two handed weapon.
So you've got 2mil GP what would you buy him?
Rules/limits: no epic items

Cheers playgrounders

By the way I understand that some items will be similar to the wizard list but I'm still interested to see the differences that you guys come up with

Rubik
2015-03-30, 08:37 AM
I still say that a Words of Creation'd psychoactive skin of proteus would come in handy, especially for a fighty type. It'd give him more leeway with his ability scores, grant him a huge amount of in-game flexibility, and give him attack options he wouldn't have otherwise.

If anything, it's more important for him than for your wizard.

Vizzerdrix
2015-03-30, 11:06 AM
Shapesand. ALL the shapesand ever!!! :belkar:

And a few wis boosting items too, I guess.

Honestly though, what level of play and campaign quirks are in effect. Is he going for tripper, charger, etc?

EastbySoutheast
2015-03-30, 11:45 AM
Shapesand. ALL the shapesand ever!!! :belkar:

And a few wis boosting items too, I guess.

Honestly though, what level of play and campaign quirks are in effect. Is he going for tripper, charger, etc?

Yeah sorry they are key details,
All characters will be level 20 possibly with a few templates added as 'bonuses' for players that played the previous campaign.
Knowing the guy playing this character I assume hes going to be a tank ish individual going for superior cleave, bull rush bonuses, Awesome blow (I know you're meant to be large size but the dm is letting him have it cause 'He's got 30+ strength, his blows should be awesome').
The build wont be optimized at all but the player will enjoy playing him and hitting things hard. Thats basically his play style

Suggested items i can see for him would be:
Belt of magnificence
+5 Weapon
+5 Armour (I'm unsure how that works with warforged?)
Probably an item of Enlarge person so that he has even more strength yada yada yada

I was just looking for suggestions to give him of how to make his 'I hit you with my sword' approach as versatile/optimised (through item selection) as it can be. If that makes any sense at all :smallsmile:

Rubik
2015-03-30, 12:01 PM
Convince him to add a level or two of monk.

Then he can use most or all of the equipment and enhancements listed here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863). Note that he can gain a LOT more hardness than what's listed there, given his resources.

Also, check out the following weapons: the ioun blade property (Arms & Equipment Guide p111) combined with a dark blue ioun stone (DMG), battleaxe of the bull (AEG p100), the breaking blade (AEG p103), the disarming flail (AEG p103), the sword of the glorious pearl (Stormwrack p130), the staff of mighty sweeping (Magic of Faerun p145), and the pearl trident (Stormwrack p130). Extrapolate what the cost of the feats granted from each weapon, and then add those feats to all the weapons he's got:

Sleeve blades
Knee blades
Boot blades
Braid blade
Tail scythe/club
Gauntlets
Hand-held weapons (or)
Elvencraft Longbow w/Bow Spike
Armor spikes
Animated shield bash
Shield spikes
Poison rings
Close fighting blade for every other weapon he's got

Use morphing/sizing shurikens for a hefty discount.

Combine with warforged mighty arms graft, arms of the naga, and Extra Item Space for even more weapons to wield (and pretend he's Gilgamesh while he's at it).

Then have him pay for Dark Chaos Feat Shuffles for all of those feats he's now got.

Depending on how many limbs he's got, he can get a monstrous number of feats that way. Just make sure he doesn't unequip any of it, else he might need another DCFS.

GilesTheCleric
2015-03-30, 12:24 PM
All those spells you had as a wizard? You're going to need items to replace most of them if you don't know what you can rely on your party for. I think the list of necessary magic items was linked in the last thread; that should have everything you need.

Primary things you'll want are flight and good saves, particularly fort and will saves.

OldTrees1
2015-03-30, 01:35 PM
Nice resource: List of Necessary Magic Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items)

He is a melee warrior so he needs a weapon and can afford 2 backup weapons.

3x Teeth of Dahlver-Nar(Leraje)[ToM]: +5 Greater Magic Weapon for 20hrs 21,600gp each
His actual weapon specs will depend on which weapon enchantments he values. A full +10 weapon might be more than he would want. A +1 Speed Wrathful Healing weapon is only a +7 weapon and it is the most I would want for my primary weapon.

He is a melee warrior so he needs to be able to fly and short range teleport.

Ring of Solar Wings (BoED). 118000GP, ring slot. All-day flight at 150', with good maneuverability. As expensive as it gets, but it's really fast.
Shadow Cloak (DotU). 5500GP, shoulders slot. Teleport 10' as an immediate action three times per day, along with (good) secondary benefits. Requires line of sight, but apparently not line of effect.

Warforged are immune to many things. But they are not immune to some things.

Cowl of Warding (MoF). 200800GP, head slot. Mind Blank, along with Freedom of Movement and Spell Turning. If you don't need the Spell Turning, it would be cheaper to get a ring for the other two effects.
Banner of the Storm's Eye (MIC). 15000GP, held or shoulders slot. Negates stunning and other nasty stuff for you *and* your allies. Top pick.
Hathran Mask of True Seeing (UE). 75000GP, face slot. Continuous True Seeing, off you go. Occupies the face slot.
Soulfire Armor Enhancement (BoED). +4 armor enhancement. Total immunity to Death effects, energy drain, and negative energy.

+1 Soulfire[BoED] Bracers of Armor[A&EG] 25,000gp BoAs can hold armor special abilites as per A&EG so it is a cheap way to get the Immunity to Death Effects, Energy Drain, and Negative Energy