PDA

View Full Version : New Path of War Archetypes

Thealtruistorc
2015-03-30, 09:15 AM
Hey all. I had a couple ideas for archetypes for the Warder and Warlord classes, so I figured that this would be the best place to present them. The first, the accurser, is a warder that focuses on debuffing and curse effects. The second, the campeador, is a warlord archetype engineered for performance combat (or just showing off, your choice). Tell me what you guys think.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PufrDDdTyvVDYsL-1d2ATC43DxEd2mbY_p3Toog90eY/edit?usp=sharing

stack
2015-03-30, 11:49 AM
The campeador I like, though I'm not sure about the immunity to mind affecting, which seems a bit out of place. I've never had a chance to actually use performance combat, but it reads like the archetype integrates well. The accurser could use a better name and unfortunately overlaps significantly with the fiendbound marauder. Turning the fiendbound marauder's aegis into a debuff would actually be cool, maybe you should suggest it in the playtest thread.

Thealtruistorc
2015-03-30, 07:02 PM
The campeador I like, though I'm not sure about the immunity to mind affecting, which seems a bit out of place. I've never had a chance to actually use performance combat, but it reads like the archetype integrates well. The accurser could use a better name and unfortunately overlaps significantly with the fiendbound marauder. Turning the fiendbound marauder's aegis into a debuff would actually be cool, maybe you should suggest it in the playtest thread.

Where might I find said playtest thread?

I think that the mind-affecting immunity works because it means that the guy is effectively unfazed by anyone trying to control him except for the people who are cheering him on.

Vhaidara
2015-03-30, 08:25 PM
Here's the playtest thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?406639-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Expanded!-(Discussion-Thread-III)) The third one, in fact.

All in all, I agree with Stack. Accuser overlaps too much with Fiendbound, and Campeador, while interesting, just leaves me feeling meh.