PDA

View Full Version : Kolibri Angel [PrC]

Maryring
2007-04-12, 03:09 PM
Requirement:
Skills: Sense motive 6 ranks
Feats: Nimbus of light, Stigmata
Alignment: Any Good
Special: The Kolibri Angel must maintain a good alignment. If the Kolibri Angel ever loses his good alignment, he loses all class abilities and spellcasting abilities until his alignment is returned to good and he receives an atonement spell.

Hit Dice: d6

Class Skills (4+Int modifier per level): Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge: Nature, Knowledge: Religion, Knowledge: The Planes, Listen, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Kolibri Angel gains no proficiencies with weapons or armor.

Cheerful disposition (ex): A Kolibri Angel will always maintain a positive view of the world and is always optimistic. He is immune to all spells that cause a morale penalty and gains a +2 bonus on will saves against fear.

Cheer of encouragement (ex): A Kolibri Angel is especially apt at encouraging his friends and allies. As a standard action, he can shout out words of encouragement that gives one ally nearby a boost in confidence and ability. The ally gains a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves and skill checks for as long as the Kolibri Angel continues to cheer, and for 5 rounds afterwards. The ally must be able to hear and understand the Kolibri Angel to be affected. The Kolibri Angel can use this ability a number of times each day equal to 3 + his charisma bonus.

Empathic insight (su): A Kolibri Angel can get a full understanding of an individual's state of being, simply by being near him or her. By focusing his mental powers, a Kolibri Angel can find out how an individual is faring, just as if he had cast the "Status" spell on her. The Insight lasts for one minute per level of Kolibri Angel and can be used a number of times each day equal to 3 + his wisdom modifier.

Skilled healer (ex): A Kolibri Angel is exceptionally skilled at healing the wounded. All spells from the (healing) subschool is cast at +1 caster level. In addition, A Kolibri Angel also gains a +2 competence bonus on heal checks.

Share strength (su): A Kolibri Angel can give of his power to others. As a standard action, he can swap ability points from himself to someone else, however he can only share from his base ability scores and any inheirted bonuses he might have. He cannot share any other type of bonus. The Kolibri Angel's ability is drained equal to the bonus he gives to a friend. The Kolibri Angel can share his strength as often as he wants, however he can not drain any of his ability scores below 1, and any single individual can only benefit from the Kolibri Angel's shared strength for an amount of time equal to one hour per Kolibri Angel level. If the Kolibri Angel is knocked unconcious or takes ability damage or drain so that one or more of his abilities fall to 0, the strength the Kolibri Angel has shared immediately return to him. The drain caused by sharing strength can't be healed in any other way than for the Kolibri Angel to reclaim the strength he has shared. Sharing is a standard action that can be done with any ally within 30 feet of the Kolibri Angel. Reclaiming is an immediate action that can be done from any distance, even across planes. If the Kolibri Angel or the ally dies, both the bonus and the drain cease to exsist. A Kolibri Angel can share only as many ability points as he has levels in the Kolibri Angel PrC. The bonus is an unnamed bonus.

Heart of the sun and moon (ex): A Kolibri Angel of fifth level or higher can understand any living creature. This ability functions just like the spell comprehend languages except that the Kolibri Angel does not have to touch the creature attempting to communicate, can understand animals and plants, and can read body language (when it is used to try and convey a message) and read lips with no chance of failure.

Power up (su): A Kolibri Angel is in his forte when he can make others better at what they are doing. A number of times each day equal to his charisma modifier (at least once) a Kolibri Angel can grant an unnamed +4 bonus to any stat. This effect functions otherwise exactly like the transmutation spells Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Bear's Endurance, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom and Eagle's Splendor.

Charismatic power (su): When using his Share Strength ability, the Kolibri Angel can burn Charisma points to empower any ability, even Charisma.

Heartfelt healing (ex): When casting any spell of the (healing) subschool, the Kolibri Angel can choose to spontaneously Empower or Maximize the spell at no increased spell level, but at the expense of his own health. When spontaneously Empowering or Maximizing a spell, the Kolibri Angel takes 2*spell level (if empowering) or 3*spell level (if maximizing) of hp damage right after completing the spell (and thus must not make a concentration check to complete the spell). The damage is always lethal, regardless of any defences against lethal damage the Kolibri Angel might have.

Power drive (ex): This ability works just like power up, except that it can only be used once each day, affects every ally within 30 feet, and gives the +2 unnamed bonus to all six abilities.

Fullborn Kolibri Angel (ex): Upon aquiring perfection in his practice, the Kolibri Angel undergoes a transformation. His type changes to Outsider, and he gains the Angel subtype, with all the bonuses and drawbacks that come with such a change.

Sacrifice of the Kolibri (su): The Sacrifice of the Kolibri is an incredibly potent ability, only reserved for truly desperate situations. By commiting the "Sacrifice of the Kolibri" every ally within 100 feet of the Kolibri Angel is completely restored to full health, gains a +6 unnamed bonus to all ability scores, gives a +4 competence bonus to skill checks, attack rolls and damage rolls, a +4 luck bonus to all saving throws and are healed as if a Greater Restoration has been cast on them. The bonuses last for 1 hour. In return, the Kolibri Angel has all of his abilities drained to 1, he is polymorphed (as the spell baleful polymorph)into a hummingbird with a maximum hp of 1 and is staggered. This ability can be used once per month. The ability drain and the polymorph effect can't be healed until 24 hours after having caused the sacrifice.

Kolibri Angel
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Cheerful disposition, Cheer of encouragement|3|1
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Empathic insight|4|2|1
3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|Skilled healer|4|3|2|1
4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Share strength|4|4|3|2|1
5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Heart of Sun and Moon|4|4|4|3|2|1
6th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Power up|4|4|4|4|3|2|1
7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Charismatic power|4|4|4|4|4|3|2
8th|+4|+2|+2|+6|Heartfelt healing|5|4|4|4|4|4|3
9th|+4|+3|+3|+6|Power drive|6|5|4|4|4|4|4
10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Fullborn Kolibri Angel, Sacrifice of the Kolibri|7|6|5|4|4|4|4[/table]

Spellcasting: The Kolibri Angel casts spells as a Cleric. He uses wisdom to determine save DCs and bonus spells. Whenever he reaches a new level which grants him access to a new level of spellcasting, he instantly gains access to all spells of that level.

Spells:

0-level: Create water, Cure Minor Wounds, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Guidance, Light, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic, Resistance, Virtue

1st-level: Bless, Bless Water, Calm Animals, Calm Emotions, Charm Animal, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Hide from Undead, Identify, Obscuring mist, Protection from Evil, Reduce Person, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith, Speak with Animals,

2nd-level: Animal messenger, Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Cure Moderate Wounds, Delay Poison, Eagle's Splendor, Fox's Cunning, Gentle Repose, Heroism, Invisibility, Make Whole, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Owl's Wisdom, Protection from Arrows, Reduce Animal, Remove Paralysis, Resist Energy, Restoration Lesser, Rope Trick, See Invisibility, Shield Other, Spider Climb, Status

3rd-level: Charm Monster, Create Food and Water, Cure Serious Wounds, Daylight, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Fly, Good Hope, Haste, Helping Hand, Invisibility Sphere, Magic Circle against Evil, Major Image, Neutralize poison, Nondetection, Planar Ally Lesser, Prayer, Protection from Energy, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Speak with Dead, Speak with Plants, Tiny Hut, Tounges,

4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Enlarge Person Mass, Freedom of Movement, Globe of invulnerability, Invisiblity Greater, Locate Creature, Polymorph, Reduce Person Mass, Restoration, Secure Shelter, Stoneskin,

5th-level: Animal Growth, Atonement, Awaken, Baleful Polymorph, Break Enchantment, Cure Light Wounds Mass, Dispel Evil, Disrupting Strike, Dream, Hallow, Heroism Greater, Plane Shift, Reincarnate, Spell Resistance, Telepathic Bond, Teleport, True Seeing,

6th-level: Animal Shapes, Antimagic Field, Bear's Endurance Mass, Bull's Strength Mass, Cat's Grace Mass, Cure Moderate Wounds Mass, Dispel Magic Greater, Eagle's Splendor Mass, Fox's Cunning Mass, Globe of Invulnerability, Heal, Heroes' Feast, Owl's Wisdom Mass, Planar Ally, Regenerate, Veil, Word of Recall

Innis Cabal
2007-04-12, 03:11 PM
looks great! really like the feel of the class

Autarch
2007-04-12, 03:39 PM
I really like the idea of this class, very cool. I have a couple of suggestions to make:

I might have missed it, but I didn't see any explanation as to what spells the Kolibri is able to cast, and how they prepare them (as well as what attribute is used to determine the power of their spells). You probably ought to consider adding this to the description.

the ability Skilled Healer probably shouldn't stack with the abilities granted by a cleric's healing domain. You might want to put something in there specifying that it does not.
--then again, maybe a +2 caster level for spells of the [healing] subschool isn't really unbalancing.

Otherwise everything looks great.

Maryring
2007-04-12, 03:52 PM
Bah. I can't believe I forgot to put in the spell list. I'll do it later when I'm not so tired. For now, just consider the spellcasting to be quite similar to that of a cleric (wisdom based, know all spells, prepare) and the spell list to consist of mainly buffs and healing spells.

Holocron Coder
2007-04-12, 04:17 PM
Nice. The only thing I noticed was there wasn't a duration for the bonuses listed under their Kolibri Sacrifice ability. How long do the bonuses last? How long is he polymorphed?

Otherwise, I can see people using this to continuously increase their scores and such 1/month via Pun-Pun.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-12, 04:48 PM
Damn. I was going to make a boosting other people good class and you beat me too it.

It looks interesting. Tongue of the sun and moon looks out of place but isn't a problem. I'd say it was a bit dodgy to give them bard style spellcasting. I just prefer classes that add to existing spell casting. You might consider making them add spells to existing spell lists but it depends on who you're expecting to take this class. If it's for fighters or rogues keep it the way it is.

Autarch
2007-04-12, 05:56 PM
Closet_Skeleton- For the special abilities granted by this prestige class, a full spellcasting progression might be a bit unbalanced.
~~~
I think the OP intended to provide a whole new list of spells for the prestige class, which begs the question; why not make it into a full fledged lvl 20 class?

I agree with daedu that the duration for the Sacrifice ability needs to be specified. If you haven't already come up with a duration yourself, I suggest the bonuses remain for 1 hour/ level. Then again, a duration of 24 hours would probably work as well, considering the huge sacrifice the Kolibri makes.

Kyace
2007-04-13, 12:47 AM
Is a hummingbird just a raven with good flying? Is it sad thats the thing that jumped out to me the most? I'd agree with others, this seems more like a base class than a PrC. Generally PrCs increase spellcasting you already have, rather than give you new spellcasting. Do the ability increases also last 1 min./level?

Maryring
2007-04-13, 09:29 AM
Okay. Added the spell list. Changed Tounge of Sun and Moon to something that better fits. I've specified how long the bonus lasts, not that you could Pun-Pun with it. Unnamed bonuses doesn't stack. I didn't originally intend for it to be a base class... but I suppose I could make an alternative.

The hummingbird is a Diminutive animal with Perfect flying. Otherwise it is just like a Raven. (I think.) The ability increases last 1 minutes per level, as the spell.

Kyace
2007-04-13, 11:54 PM
Technically, I think in general, unnamed bonuses do stack, just not with other unnamed bonuses from the same source.

Falconsflight
2007-04-14, 12:27 AM
What do you mean by "understand all living beings"? I can see many an argument by rule lawyers. "But I should be able to understand why the BBEG hates us by looking at him.

Bonuses of the same type don't stack.

Assasin prestige class doesn't increase spell lists...But yeah, this could be like a regular class, if you spread out the stuff more. I don't know what those two feats do, but are they really necessary for the class to work-both mechanically and flavorly?

Magnor Criol
2007-04-14, 12:59 AM
Yes, I'd say so. They denote the goodness of the character (Nimbus of Light can only be taken by Good characters, if I remember aright) and I believe Stigmata is something along similar lines.

Point is, they ensure that this character is already angelic personality- and alignment-wise, thus sort of explaining why they'd begin to turn into an angel.

Why is Sense Motive a prereq? Thematically speaking, it makes less sense than other skill req otions, I think. If the class is always cheerful, then they're probably always trusting, and Sense Motive thus seems to make less sense. Why not something like Heal, since healing is a feature of the class?

-E- Forgot the important note - I love the class, it's got a great feel to it. I like the Cheerful Disposition especially, for some reason. Good job.

Maryring
2007-04-14, 03:35 AM
I mean understand as in, permanent comprehend language, except for plants and animals too. You may not understand everything about said individual, but at least you can understand what he is trying to convey. Magnor got it mostly right why I chose those feats, but there are more reasons. Nimbus of Light is a prerequisite for the Stigmata feat and symbolises the beginning of the transformation. Stigmata is a sacrifice feat, where you sacrifice your own health in order to heal others, and that fits very well with some of the skills this class have (Share Strength, Sacrifice of the Kolibri).

The reason I chose Sense Motive was that the class is supposed to be empathic. Being empathic means that you are good at understanding others and how they feel, an ability that is reflected in the Sense Motive skill set. And being always happy doesn't mean that you are a fool.

I chose it as a PrC because I do think it is a bit too specialized to be a BASEclass, and the reason it adds it's own spells is both because it needs a specialized spell list to fit the theme, and because adding spell progression would make it a lot worse to take for Rogues who have no spell progression, or Paladins, who have rather poor spell progression.

I know that Competence bonuses and Dodge bonuses stack if they come from different sources. I am not sure about Unnamed bonuses, but I do think they too stack if they come from different sources (they are so specialized, thus unnamed, which essentially makes two unnamed bonuses from different sources two differently typed bonuses), but I don't know the official ruling on it.

Falconsflight
2007-04-14, 05:35 AM
I am almost positively sure that no bonuses stack unless they are differently named. (Thus. IF you get an unnamed bonus to strength and another unnamed bonus to strength fromsomething else. You only take the higher bonus.)

Maryring
2007-04-14, 06:01 AM
In most cases, modifiers to a given check or roll stack (combine for a cumulative effect) if they come from different sources and have different types (or no type at all), but do not stack if they have the same type or come from the same source (such as the same spell cast twice in succession). If the modifiers to a particular roll do not stack, only the best bonus and worst penalty applies. Dodge bonuses (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#dodgeBonus) and circumstance bonuses (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#circumstanceModifier) however, do stack with one another unless otherwise specified.

Seems I was partly wrong, as it is circumstance and not competence bonuses which stack.

Matthew
2007-04-15, 02:20 PM
Rules of the Game - Does it Stack (Part One) (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040120a)
Rules of the Game - Does it Stack (Part Two) (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040127a)
Rules of the Game - Does it Stack (Part Three) (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040203a)
Rules of the Game - Does it Stack (Part Four) (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040210a)

Magnor Criol
2007-04-15, 07:35 PM
I get Sense Motive now. I was still thinking of it in the limited scope of "it's used to know when someone's lying to you" and not thinking in broader terms, like empathy. Makes sense. I still think a Heal requirement would be appropriate as well, though.

I agree with you that this is a prestige class. It doesn't really feel right to be a base class. Maybe some in regards to an astral being from a plane of goodness, I could understand it having a base class quality for them. But normal characters would have to go through things to get this.

Autarch
2007-04-15, 07:51 PM
I agree with you that this is a prestige class. It doesn't really feel right to be a base class. Maybe some in regards to an astral being from a plane of goodness, I could understand it having a base class quality for them. But normal characters would have to go through things to get this.
True, the first level abilities of this class are more powerful than first level abilities of a core class, but there is no reason not to create new and weaker abilities for levels 1-4/5, and then expand the abilities already here into a 20-level progression.

On another note, I've been working recently on creating new cleric spells that focus on protection, sacrifice, non-violence and healing and whatnot. They would fit very well thematically with this class. If you want, I can post them. :smallsmile:

Toric
2007-04-15, 08:45 PM
Question: What is the duration for Cheer of Encouragement's bonuses?

Comment: Looks good to me, this would be a great class for a selfless, cheerful optimist. The requirements aren't specific enough to restrict many classes (those that good characters can be) from entering, which is a good thing in this case. It's the ultimate support character, boosting the stats of whoever currently needs the extra help.

Annarrkkii
2007-04-15, 09:06 PM
Requirement:
Skills: Sense motive 6 ranks
Feats: Nimbus of light, Stigmata
Alignment: Any Good
Special: The Kolibri Angel must maintain a good alignment. If the Kolibri Angel ever loses his good alignment, he loses all class abilities and spellcasting abilities until his alignment is returned to good and he receives an atonement spell.

Looks about right. Though, unless I'm missing a prereq on one of those feats, you can qualify for this class well before 6th level...

Cheer of encouragement (ex): A Kolibri Angel is especially apt at encouraging his friends and allies. As a standard action, he can shout out words of encouragement that gives one ally nearby a boost in confidence and ability. The ally gains a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves and skill checks. The ally must be able to hear and understand the Kolibri Angel to be affected. The Kolibri Angel can use this ability a number of times each day equal to 3 + his charisma bonus.

Duration? How long does a cheer last? Is it like a bardsong, or is it more like the Heroism spell?

Empathic insight (su): A Kolibri Angel can get a full understanding of an individual's state of being, simply by being near him or her. By focusing his mental powers, a Kolibri Angel can find out how an individual is faring, just as if he had cast the "Status" spell on her. The Insight lasts for one minute per level of Kolibri Angel and can be used a number of times each day equal to 3 + his wisdom modifier.

Cheer of Encouragement was based on CHA and this is based on WIS. Intentional MAD?

Share strength (su): A Kolibri Angel can give of his power to others. As a standard action, he can swap ability points from himself to someone else. The Kolibri Angel's ability is drained equal to the bonus he gives to a friend. The Kolibri Angel can share his strength as often as he wants, however he can not drain any of his ability scores below 1, and any single individual can only benefit from the Kolibri Angel's shared strength for an amount of time equal to one hour per Kolibri Angel level. If the Kolibri Angel is knocked unconcious or takes ability damage or drain so that one or more of his abilities fall to 0, the strength the Kolibri Angel has shared immediately return to him. The drain caused by sharing strength can't be healed in any other way than for the Kolibri Angel to reclaim the strength he has shared. Sharing is a standard action that can be done with any ally within 30 feet of the Kolibri Angel. Reclaiming is an immediate action that can be done from any distance, even across planes. If the Kolibri Angel or the ally dies, both the bonus and the drain cease to exsist. A Kolibri Angel can share only as many ability points as he has levels in the Kolibri Angel PrC. The bonus is an unnamed bonus.

Eek! Careful. An unnamed bonus means that multiple KAs could pump up a single character. Just one level 10 could jack up a wizard's spell DCs by 5 points or raise a THF warrior's damage by 7 points and his attack by 5. This is an extremely potent ability, so might want to be careful. Also, there's some potentially shady rulings on this one. How would an effect set in place—say a glyph's and wards spell—have its DC affected once its caster lost the lent Charisma. Are these points lost first through drain as though they were temporary? Can he lend enhancement bonuses or "unnamed" bonuses he is currently under the influence of, via items or spells? What happens if those enhancement bonuses expire? This is a totally unexplored mechanic in the RAW, so... be careful. And explain more thoroughly.

Heart of the sun and moon (ex): A Kolibri Angel of fifth level or higher can understand any living creature.

Make it more like the description tongues, with the proviso of animals. Can "understand" is just too vague.

Power up (su): A Kolibri Angel is in his forte when he can make others better at what they are doing. A number of times each day equal to his charisma modifier (at least once) a Kolibri Angel can grant an unnamed +4 bonus to any stat. This effect functions otherwise exactly like the transmutation spells Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Bear's Endurance, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom and Eagle's Splendor.

Again, make sure you clarify duration. Also, as written, this is HUGELY broken. "Unnamed bonus" means that it stacks with items that provide enhancement bonuses (Belt of Giant's Strength, Gloves Of Dexterity), as well as the real transmutation spells. Also, "Unnamed bonus" means it stacks with itself. A level 10 KA could lend 10 points of Strength, and, with a +7 Charisma modifier, say, then use this ability to grant another +28 to the recipient. +38 Strength? YES PLEASE! Clarify, clarify, clarify.

Charismatic power (su): When using his Share Strength ability, the Kolibri Angel can burn Charisma points to empower any ability, even Charisma.

Interesting. If you fix Share Strength, this should be okay.

Heartfelt healing (ex): When casting any spell of the (healing) subschool, the Kolibri Angel can choose to spontaneously Empower or Maximize the spell at no increased spell level, but at the expense of his own health. When spontaneously Empowering or Maximizing a spell, the Kolibri Angel takes 2*spell level (if empowering) or 3*spell level (if maximizing) of hp damage right after completing the spell (and thus must not make a concentration check to complete the spell).

...so if he does this on himself he takes damage immediately after? Please introduce me to a Troll Kolibri Angel. Max out healing, regnerate backlash, max out healing, regenerate backlash... etc. Be careful here, to.

Power drive (ex): This ability works just like power up, except that it can only be used once each day, and gives the +2 unnamed bonus to all six abilities.

Erk. This is really overshadowed by the Power Up ability you already have going, and really isn't that great. Fighter says YAY! Extra skill points, negotiation ability, and Spot checks!

Fullborn Kolibri Angel (ex): Upon aquiring perfection in his practice, the Kolibri Angel undergoes a transformation. His type changes to Outsider, and he gains the Angel subtype, with all the bonuses and drawbacks that come with such a change.

Kolibri Angel dies. Time for resurrection? NO! He's an outsider, so no resurrection for you! Be careful here, as well. Also clarify whether he has the [Native] subtype, because, if not, you'll need to figure out which plane he gets banished to...

Sacrifice of the Kolibri (su): The Sacrifice of the Kolibri is an incredibly potent ability, only reserved for truly desperate situations. By commiting the "Sacrifice of the Kolibri" every ally within 100 feet of the Kolibri Angel is completely restored to full health, gains a +6 unnamed bonus to all ability scores, gives a +4 competence bonus to skill checks, attack rolls and damage rolls, a +4 luck bonus to all saving throws and are healed as if a Greater Restoration has been cast on them. The bonuses last for 1 hour. In return, the Kolibri Angel has all of his abilities drained to 1, he is polymorphed (as the spell baleful polymorph)into a hummingbird with a maximum hp of 1 and is staggered. This ability can be used once per month. The ability drain and the polymorph effect can't be healed until 24 hours after having caused the sacrifice.

...No. The confusion and mechanics around the backfire are just too weird. A "maximum hp of 1" could mean that he can't get more than 1 any way. There are no MM stats for a hummingbird. What bonuses stay with him? And the bonuses it grants... what are we up to here? +10 from Share Strength, +28 from Power Up, +2 from Power Drive, +6 from Kolibri Sacrifice.... that's a lot of unnamed bonuses.

Maryring
2007-04-16, 09:00 AM
I could add Heal as a prerequisite, however Heal and Sense Motive are Class Skills for the Paladin only, and though the Paladin might have the abilities for this class, the Paladin and Kolibri Angel are still vastly different classes. Perhaps Heal OR Sense Motive so that it would open up to more classes, but not both.

Autarch, I'd love to see your spells. I love to include the homebrew of others into my own creations.

I know what an unnamed bonus is. I also know that unnamed bonuses do NOT stack with themselves. Thus, Power Up could grant a max of +4 to one stat. It is intended to stack with Bull's Strength and similar spells, and the stat increasing items. And you can't mix stat increase items and spells, since both add an Enchantment bonus. Besides, Power Drive, Power Up, Sacrifice and Share Strength all have the same source. The Kolibri Angel himself. Thus none of those abilities stack with one another. Heartfelt Healing damage cannot be healed by regeneration, since it is lethal. I might change it to Con damage to avoid fast healing, but regeneration is not a problem. I've even specified it now. The Kolibri does not gain the (Native) subtype. He gains the (Angel) subtype. He becomes a full outsider. No ressurection without Miracle, Wish, Limited Wish or True Ressurection. That is the intention yes. His outer plane would depend on his alignment. A Neutral Good Kolibri Angel would most likely go to Elysium, but depending on the campaign, and his god, he could go anywhere. The backlash of the sacrifice functions exactly like the Baleful Polymorph spell, with exceptions noted. This exception being that his hit points drop to 1 as soon as the Polymorph takes effect, instead of on a failed save 24 hours later. And as long as he is in his hummingbird form, his max hp is 1. No matter what. Con bonus, Aid, Heroism, he still only has a max hp of 1 until he returns to his outsider self. Hopefully that clarified some.

Oh, and duration of the power abilities? 1 minute per class level, just like the spells they mimic.

Autarch
2007-04-16, 08:49 PM
Ok, here are a bunch of new cleric spells that I've been developing for a cleric who focuses on doing the sorts of things these spells do :smallsmile:

Guardian
Abjuration
Level: Clr 3
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: Standard Action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature Touched
Duration: 1 round / level
Saving Throw: will (harmless)
Spell Resistance: yes (harmless)
Effect: Translucent, ghostly shields appear in a circle around the target, providing defense
The target is hard to make out, her position obscured by the semi-reflective shields. Anyone further than 5’ from the target has difficulty determining the reflections from reality. The target gains the effects of total concealment (50%) against these foes. Within 5’ of the target, the shields are less effective, only granting 20% concealment. The target’s vision is unimpaired, as is any other creatures sharing the same 5’ space as the target of this spell. True seeing enables an enemy to ignore the effects of this spell.

Refresh
Transmutation
Level: Clr 1, Drd 1
Duration: Instant
Effect: Grant target some benefits of 8 hours of rest
Saving Throw: will (harmless)
Spell Resistance: yes (harmless)
You refresh the target, making them feel as if they have just experienced 8 hours of rest. If the target was Exhausted, they are now Fatigued, and if they were Fatigued, they are now fully rested. None of the other benefits of sleep, such as healing or renewal of spells, are granted by this spell. This spell does not negate the need for 8 hours of sleep every 24 hours.

Sacrificial Healing
Necromancy [Good]
Level: Clr 4
Target: willing creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Effect: Sacrifice your health to heal an ally
Upon the completion of this spell, you lose half your current Hit Points (temporary HP is ignored by this spell, neither counted nor reduced). Your target is healed for twice the amount you sacrificed, to a maximum of 10hp/level. This spell cannot be used to heal yourself, and any attempts to do so would not be favored by non-evil deities.

Shield of Life
Abjuration
Components: V, S, F, DF
Range: Close (25’+5’/2levels)
Target: willing creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Effect:
You forge a powerful connection between yourself and your target; 75% of any hit point damage taken by the target is redirected to you, as if by Shield Other. In addition, the target gains a +4 Deflection bonus to AC and a +4 Resistance bonus to saves.
Focus: A pair of platinum rigs engraved with sapphire runes worth no less than 250 gold each; you and target must both be wearing such a ring. This focus can be used instead of the focus for Shield Other, if desired.

Aegis
Abjuration
Level: Clr 6
Casting Time: Full Round Action
Range: 20’ Burst, centered on you
Target: All allies with 20’
Duration: 1 round/level
Effect: Nearby allies are protected from attacks.
As Guardian, but affects all willing allies within 20’ of you.

Sympathetic Vision
Divination
Casting Time: One Round
Target: Personal
Duration: 10min/level
Effect: Gain insight into the health of willing creatures
All allies within your sight appear to have colored auras surrounding them. The castor must have at least 8 ranks in healing to understand the significance of the colors that make up an individual’s aura. The colors show you in one glance the status of your allies: disabled, staggered, unconscious, dying, nauseated, panicked, stunned, poisoned, diseased, confused, or the like. In addition, you have an enhanced view of the severity of any wounds they may be suffering. You may determine at a glance whether they are unwounded, slightly wounded, lightly wounded, heavily wounded, seriously wounded, or critically wounded. Which category a wounded creature falls into can be determined by this table:

{table=head]% HP Damage | Description
10% or less | slightly wounded
25% or less | lightly wounded
50% or less | heavily wounded
75% or less | seriously wounded
More than 75% | critically wounded[/table]

You cannot see the auras of unwilling creatures; if a creature would not want you to know the information gained by this spell, they are treated as unwilling.

And to wrap it all up, here is a metamagic-ish feat to go along with those spells.

Farcure [Metamagic]
Cast healing spells at a distance.
Prerequisites: Spell Focus: Conjuration, Wis 15+
Benefits: You may cast conjuration (healing) spells with a range of ‘touch’ at a distance of up to 15’ without preparation. It takes a minimum of one full round to cast the spell this way, and for every 5’ of distance between you and your target, the spell cures 1 less HP / level of the spell.
Normal: Conjuration (healing) spells such as cure light wounds require one standard action to cast, and do not have ranges further than ‘touch’.
Special: A cleric may prepare any conjuration (healing) spell with this feat when preparing their daily spells. Even if they could spontaneously cast conjuration (healing) spells, they must prepare the spell as normal. A conjuration (healing) spell prepared in this way takes up a spell slot one level higher than normal, and the casting time of the spell is not increased to one round, nor is the total amount of HP cured reduced.

Autarch
2007-04-16, 09:03 PM
I'm posting the next set of spells separately to further express the fact that I did not make them. They were written down in my notebook along with all of the other spells I already posted, but although I don't remember who they came from, I remember that I didn't create them from scratch, as I did the others. So if whoever made these feels like it, they can let me know and I'll put in citations :smallwink:

Spell Shield
Abjuration
Level: Clr 5, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M (DF)
Effect: Ward target from spell damage
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (Harmless)
Target takes half damage from any spell that deals HP damage. Calculate damage normally, including resistances, damage reduction, and saves for half damage, and then halve this result. The shield absorbs up to 20 damage/caster level (maximum 300 dmg), at which point it is dispelled.
Material Component: A sapphire worth no less than 250 gold.

Lesser Spell Sheild
Level: Clr 3
Effect:
As Spell Shield, but only reduces damage by 25%, stopping a maximum of 10 damage / level (maximum 100dmg) before it is dispelled.

Greater Spell Sheild
Level: Clr 7
Components: V, S, M, DF
Effect:
As Spell Shield, but reduces damage by 75%, stopping a maximum of 25 damage / level (maximum 450dmg) before it is dispelled.
Material Component: A sapphire worth no less than 500 gold.

Maryring
2007-04-20, 01:17 PM
Those are certainly some interesting spells. I think I could include them all into the PrC. Thank you for them.