PDA

View Full Version : Does rage damage apply?

Ralanr
2015-03-30, 08:17 PM
So I've been thinking about going TWF for my barbarian due to lack of damage as a shield user (I know I could go GWF and get damage crazy. I'm just somewhat on the fence and my most effective combat has been with grappling/improved actions.) and I've come to a problem. Originally I believed that my rage damage would apply to my offhanded weapon since I don't have two weapon fighting style (I'm going straight barbarian). But reading through the rage ability, it seems that the rage damage only applies on melee weapon attacks using strength.

So since I don't have TWF because barbarians don't get fighting styles, I cannot use my strength modifier on my offhand weapon attack. So does that mean I cannot add rage damage to my offhand attacks?

Kane0
2015-03-30, 08:33 PM
If you're still using your strength to hit you should be able to, as in not using dex with a finesse weapon. Whether or not you add your str to da,age ahouldnt matter, irs whether your using str or dex to hit that does.

Ralanr
2015-03-30, 08:38 PM
If you're still using your strength to hit you should be able to, as in not using dex with a finesse weapon. Whether or not you add your str to da,age ahouldnt matter, irs whether your using str or dex to hit that does.

Oh ok. I thought you just didn't add the modifier to attack and damage on offhand attacks. Thanks.