PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 5E (Rakoa's Grand Thread of Nooby Questions)

Rakoa
2015-03-31, 08:34 AM
My group has just picked up Shadowrun, with me as a player for once. I love the Hell out of what I have seen of the system so far, but I have a fairly low understanding of it. This thread will serve as a place for me to post alllll of my horrible, stupid questions for you fine folks to answer. Hopefully. I still don't understand how mystic magic works, or technomancy, or even hacking, astral stuff, or any of that, so I'm just going to play a nice and easy skill-based Face character, and then I can pick up the rest of that stuff from watching the other players and reading in my spare time.

With that said, I had a question to start this off. Expect more to come. For now, accuracy is mixing me up a bit. It applies as a limit to weapons, but to what does the limit apply? For example, I have a Katana, accuracy 7. Is 7 the most number of net hits I can score to slice someone up? Or is 7 the most damage I can do with that Katana? Both, perhaps?

themaque
2015-03-31, 01:54 PM
My group has just picked up Shadowrun, with me as a player for once. I love the Hell out of what I have seen of the system so far, but I have a fairly low understanding of it. This thread will serve as a place for me to post alllll of my horrible, stupid questions for you fine folks to answer. Hopefully. I still don't understand how mystic magic works, or technomancy, or even hacking, astral stuff, or any of that, so I'm just going to play a nice and easy skill-based Face character, and then I can pick up the rest of that stuff from watching the other players and reading in my spare time.

With that said, I had a question to start this off. Expect more to come. For now, accuracy is mixing me up a bit. It applies as a limit to weapons, but to what does the limit apply? For example, I have a Katana, accuracy 7. Is 7 the most number of net hits I can score to slice someone up? Or is 7 the most damage I can do with that Katana? Both, perhaps?

The first, most number of hits you can score slicing someone up.

Rakoa
2015-04-01, 06:57 AM
Ah, great! Thank you very much. This is promising, and makes much more sense when I realize that damage is set, not actually rolled, so having a damage cap makes less sense.