PDA

View Full Version : The gallant. A bard college

Rfkannen
2015-03-31, 04:40 PM
The gallant

Throughout history romance has had an important part in many peoples lives. The gallant is such a person, yet they see more to romance than most. Romance, love, beauty, a gallant is a bard who is inspired by these, and gains in turn a love of love and life. Gallants are often mistaken for paladins as they swear a strict oath, yet while paladins are out dealing with the forces of evil, a gallant is at work making sure that life is enjoyed to the fullest.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Donquixote.JPG
don Quixote might make a great example of a gallant. especially the musical version.

Bonus proficiency,
when you join the gallant college you gain proficiency with all armor, shields, and martial weapons.

The code of the gallant.
Starting at level 3 the gallant swears an oath.
The gallant swears they
... defend lovers and the innocent (unless they are enemies or hostile).
... never marry nor solemnly vow to love only one person.
... never overstay their welcome at any place.
... spend at least half of their money on the innocent or romance.
... own only what they can carry with them.

As long as the gallant follows this oath they are so infused with love and beauty that they can hang onto life when others would fade away. As long as they follow the oath they gain one extra hit point for level of bard and once per day if a gallant should fail a death saving throw, they may reroll it. In addition should the bard fail that saving throw, they do not immediately die, instead they linger long enough to recite one final poem.

extra attack
starting at 6th level you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the attack action on your turn.

Love poetry. Starting at level 14 you can recite charming romantic verse. You can use an action to recite poetry. Any intelligent creature who hears and understands you within 60 feet must make wisdom save versus your spell DC. Any creature who fails is charmed. This effect lasts one round. You can extend the length of the poem by using a bardic inspiration die. The poem lasts one round plus the result of your roll. At the DM's discretion, charmed creatures may fall madly in love with you. Creatures who succeed their wisdom save may not be affected by Love Poetry again for 24 hours.

So, in case you did not know. The gallant was a bard kit introduced in the complete bard's handhook for 2e. I was reading through that handbook and realy liked the gallant, and so I decided to convert it to 5e. It seems like an awesome concept to play and I hope I did it justice.

Also, do you think I should convert the rest of the bard kits into archetypes? Not sure, if anyone liked this one I will.

Rfkannen
2015-04-02, 12:02 PM
So from the lack of comments should I gather that this is the greatest homebrew ever divised(sarcasm), or just that it isnt interesting?

Submortimer
2015-04-02, 01:16 PM
" This is my moment in the sun...."